IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Hindu Rituals and Routines… Why do we follow them? 9

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thank you vinitha

rgds,

jain

vinita manikantan <vinitamanikantanguruvayur Sent: Friday, 17 November, 2006 6:46:06 PM[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Hindu Rituals and Routines… Why do we follow them? 9

9. Why do offer food to the Lord before eating it?Indians make an offering of food to the Lord and laterpartake of it as prasaada - a holy gift from the Lord.In our daily ritualistic worship (pooja) too we offernaivedyam (food) to the Lord.The Lord is omnipotent and omniscient. Man is a part,while the Lord is the totality. All that we do is byHis strength and knowledge alone. Hence what wereceive in life as a result of our actions is reallyHis alone. We acknowledge this through the act ofoffering food to Him. This is exemplified by theHindi words "tera tujko arpan"– I offer what is Yoursto You. Thereafter it is akin to His gift to us,graced by His divine touch.Knowing this, our entire attitude to food and the actof eating changes. The food offered will naturally bepure and the best. We share what we get with othersbefore consuming it. We do not demand, complain orcriticise the

quality of the food we get. We eat itwith cheerful acceptance (prasaada buddhi).Before we partake of our daily meals we first sprinklewater around the plate as an act of purification. Five morsels of food are placed on the side of theplate acknowledging the debt owed by us to the Divineforces (devta runa) for their benign grace andprotection, our ancestors (pitru runa) for giving ustheir lineage and a family culture, the sages (rishiruna) as our religion and culture have been"realised", maintained and handed down to us by them,our fellow beings (manushya runa) who constitutesociety without the support of which we could not liveas we do and other living beings (bhuta runa) forserving us selflessly.Thereafter the Lord, the life force, who is alsowithin us as the five life-giving physiologicalfunctions, is offered the food. This is done with thechantpraanaaya swaahaa,apaanaaya

swaahaa,vyaanaaya swaahaa,udaanaaya swaahaa,samaanaaya swaahaa,brahmane swaahaaAfter offering the food thus, it is eaten as prasaada- blessed food.

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

When i read about the " prasada", i remembered "The Udupi Sree Krishna Temple" and i felt i should share the experience. There in the temple they are serving "Krishnaprasada" a lunch, all the bhakthas are sitting on the floor in lines in the "OOTTUPURA" and eat the prasadam served by the vedic students there. I surprised the local devotees are eating the food from the floor as a prayer. When i asked them they told " Krishna's Prasadam" what to afraid to serve on Madha Bhoomi or eat from. I bow my head in front of their "Bhakthi". Blissful Moments... Hey Gopala Krishna my God and Savior, forgive me for my unknown & known mistake. Krishna Krishna... And in our village, The temple renovation committe arranged for a Preach by a Swamiji. He was

telling about the power of the God and positive energy in the temple in simple words.. " When we are in the row in any temple, for example in Guruvayoor, until you passes the main door we will talk about so many matters and gossips.. when we entered in towards the namaskara mandabam, we start chanting his holy names without any thoughts and as we getting near to the sannidhi we forgets everything even our family who came with us and when we are in front of our Krishna, we forgot our prayer list and we cry "Krishna..Krishna.. Guruvayoorappa" ... there is no other thoughts other than "Sree Krishna"... and he explains more as the paramathma (God) and Jeevathma (Human), when the jeeva nears the param, the Manas and Bhudhi is not in control of the Human but the Paramathma is the one who in control. Our body and mind are fully enlightened by the positive power and we enjoy the bliss at the moment. Everytime when

we visit the temple this happens, but bad luck we cannot identify this and fall again in to the day to day work. If we understand the bliss, the positive energy and the feeling of Paramatma we can change this world as a "Swargam", and he added the words of poondhanam " whole the world bow their head towards this Punya Bhoomi, and prays to have a birth in this land atleast as a grass", and we had given a human birth here as a chance to find out the innerself and the pure atma..." Krishnarpanam...jain k s <jai_surya wrote: Thank you vinitha rgds, jain vinita manikantan <vinitamanikantan >guruvayur Sent: Friday, 17 November, 2006 6:46:06 PM[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor]

Hindu Rituals and Routines… Why do we follow them? 9 9. Why do offer food to the Lord before eating it?Indians make an offering of food to the Lord and laterpartake of it as prasaada - a holy gift from the Lord.In our daily ritualistic worship (pooja) too we offernaivedyam (food) to the Lord.The Lord is omnipotent and omniscient. Man is a part,while the Lord is the totality. All that we do is byHis strength and knowledge alone. Hence what wereceive in life as a result of our actions is reallyHis alone. We acknowledge this through the act ofoffering food to Him. This is exemplified by theHindi words "tera tujko arpan"– I offer what is Yoursto You. Thereafter it is akin to His gift to us,graced by His divine touch.Knowing this, our entire attitude to food and the actof eating changes. The food offered will naturally bepure and the best. We share what we get

with othersbefore consuming it. We do not demand, complain orcriticise the quality of the food we get. We eat itwith cheerful acceptance (prasaada buddhi).Before we partake of our daily meals we first sprinklewater around the plate as an act of purification. Five morsels of food are placed on the side of theplate acknowledging the debt owed by us to the Divineforces (devta runa) for their benign grace andprotection, our ancestors (pitru runa) for giving ustheir lineage and a family culture, the sages (rishiruna) as our religion and culture have been"realised", maintained and handed down to us by them,our fellow beings (manushya runa) who constitutesociety without the support of which we could not liveas we do and other living beings (bhuta runa) forserving us selflessly.Thereafter the Lord, the life force, who is alsowithin us as the five life-giving physiologicalfunctions, is offered the

food. This is done with thechantpraanaaya swaahaa,apaanaaya swaahaa,vyaanaaya swaahaa,udaanaaya swaahaa,samaanaaya swaahaa,brahmane swaahaaAfter offering the food thus, it is eaten as prasaada- blessed food. Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail beta.