IndiaDivine.org

New Member Introduction

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya, My name is Suresh.P. I am 39 year old, working in Narcotics Department at Gwalior (M.P.). I am married and having two children. I belong to Kerala and my resident is about 20 Kms. away from Guruvayur. From childhood I was very much fascinated with the stories of Krishna. Even though I am not a regular reader of old scriptures, I am very much interested to go through the advises of Bhagvat Gita. May I quote some opinions which I collected from newspapers. Consciousness fills you with love. Krishna, the universal teacher suggests an easy path to godhead: "Whatever you do, eat, offer in sacrifice, gift away, whatever austerity you practise.... do it as an offering to Me" (Gita 9-27) Eight fetters separate one from God: (1) Hatred (2) shame (3) lineage (4) pride of good conduct (5) fear (6) secretiveness (7) caste and (8) grief. The Divine Lord attaches no importance to rituals, expenditure, show, reading of scriptures or japa. These mind-cleansing methods can be done mechanically but what He wants is love devoid of cunning.

The infinite cosmos is a manifestation of cosmic energy. God exists everywhere. Whatever one does can become sadhana (spiritual practice) if one mentally offers everything to God. All actions can be transformed into Sadhana. Let God be a part of each action. Let every place reverberate with His presence, let every moment be full of Him. Worship can be done all the time, in all places. The Vedas declare that man has been made in the image of God. God makes no distinction between place or time. He is not confined in

temples; neither is He the sole property of sanyasis. He is omnipresent. Anyone can call Him and He will respond immediately. Live each minute in complete awareness. The entire Universe is His Form and any work done here becomes service to Him. KRISHNA

CALLING Karmanya vadhikaraste, ma phaleshu kadachana. Historians are still debating how many years have passed since Krishna said these words to Arjun at the battlefield of Kurukshetra. Btheir meaning holds significance till date. Psychologists and counsellors say much the same, frequently without even realising that they're invoking a wisdom that stretches back many millennia. Krishna, remember, is the one whose stint on earth -- as documented by the epic bards -- suggests that life isn't all grimness and stiff, unyielding maryada, it can be about pure fun and frolic, with sublime philosophy thrown in for good measure. His motto might well have been: Just chill. The pure devotee is always within the core of My heart, and

I am always in the heart of the pure devotee. My devotees do not know anything else but Me, and I do not know anyone else but them -- Krishna says in the Srimad Bhagavatam. Krishna's message urges us be true to our nature. It encourages action over inaction. There are no dos and don'ts in the Bhagvad Gita. It is the easiest thing to understand and imbibe in our daily living --Frazer

and Haws CEO Chanda Narang. Krishna's teachings hold true in all walks of life. In fact I tend to fall back on him whenever I am in doubt. I believe one's actions can bind you or free you... to do what is right, without bothering about the fruits is the only way to rise beyond the complexities of the business world. And that's exactly what Krishna says in the

Gita. It seems we're having lots of conversations these days with God, with angels, with extra-terrestrials, as is reflected in many books. And yet, none of those conversations are as deep as the inner conversations, the inner dialogue that you engage in everyday. Krishna's message in the Bhagvad Gita is the reflection of that very dialogue. As for non-believers, well, even if you think all mythology is numbo-jumbo, it doesn't hurt to check out the song divine. Even if it doesn't give you the answers, it might point you to the right question. My experience with lord Krishna will be given in due course. By Suresh.P., Gwalior. guruvayur Moderator <guruvayur-owner > wrote: Hello. Thanks for your interest regarding joining Guruvayur group. However, we do ask new members to provide a few details about themselves before approving their membership. This special measure is to prevent spammers, marketers etc. from spoiling the devotional nature of the group.So, please email a few lines telling us your name, which part of the world you are, your interest in Guruvayoor, your profession etc. If you heard about this group through a member/friend etc. please do let us know their name. Once we receive your introductory mail we can

approve your membership and you will start receiving mails on a regular basisThank you. Om Namo Narayanaya.Moderators.

Find out what India is talking about on - Answers India Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Messenger Version 8. Get it NOW

guruvayur , bpmohandas das <bpmohan>

wrote:

>

> I am mohandas (age 44), from manjeri, near calicut and working with

mrignayanee, a M P govt showrrom, at chennai. my family - wife and

2 sons.

> regards,

> mohan

>

hari om hari om, namashivaya.