IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: Bhagavan Krishna became , Kururamma's Son .....!!!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna ! Dandavat Pranams to Bhagavan Sri Krishna and all Vaishnavas , Kururamma was a pious Brahmin lady . She became a widow at the tender age of (16) . Being childless , she was destined to live in solitude . But Kurooramma faced the life, by taking refuge in `Ishta Devata' Sri Krishna . Various Devotees involve with Sri Krishna in different ways such as the `prema-bhakti' (love) of Gopikas or Dasya-bhakti ( servitude) of Uddava or Sakhya-bhakti ( friendship) of Arjuna . Kururamma like Yeshoda had motherly love towards Krishna . After becoming widow , Kuruarmma's routine included an early morning Bath followed by works in the kitchen , worship in Guruvayoor temple on every monday , Ekadasi fasting and …. Constant Nama-japam . In fact , the nama-japam became just like breathing ; and it elevated her to the highest level of bhakti-yoga . Years passed . Kururamma became aged . All her relatives died one after the other and she was alone . Kururamma became aware that she has none except Krishna . She prayed for Him ardently . One day , Bhagavan appeared and asked what boon she wanted . Kurururamma prayed

with folded hands : " O Krishna ! I don't have anyone . You be with me always . Don't abandon me like Yashoda " . Bhagavan smiled , nodded His head and disappeared . Soon, an orphan Brahmin kid called "Unni" came to Kururamma . He was a very mischievous child and he helped her in the household works . "Unni" was Sri Krishna Himself . But due to His Yoga-maya , Kururamma could see Him only as her child . Since Unni's arrival , she lived in great joy , loving and chastising him as own child . Vilwangalam swami (Bilwamangalam Takura) was the renowned Vaishnava Acharya of that period . He was famous for performing Puja by seeing Sri Krishna in front . It was Kurooramma's great wish to have one such Puja performed at her home by Vilwangalam Swami . She requested the Acharya with great humility and he agreed .

Unfortunately , Kururamma had an envious neighbor called `Chemmangatt Amma' who was immensely rich and influential . When heard about this Puja , Chemmangatt Amma took it as an opportunity to humiliate Kururamma . She used her influence to cancel Vilwangalam's commitment to Kururamma and booked that Puja for herself . Poor Kururamma was unaware of this sabotage . On the dawn of the Puja, Kururamma was washing her cloths in the nearby tank . A few drops of water unintentionally fell upon , Chemmangatt Amma who had finished her bath. She felt polluted and took a second plunge in water to purify. She

sarcastically told Kururamma : " Hey Widow , now I am doubly clean . Today , Villwamangalam is coming to my house for doing Puja " . Kururamma was shocked to hear this and she said : " But, Vilwamangalam Swamy has already promised to perform Puja at my home today " . Chemmangatt Amma and her arrogant servants laughed at Kururamma and made fun of her . Kururamma was greatly hurt by this public humiliation . Soon after reaching home , she sent a person to Vilwamangalam's home to confirm Swami's Puja . But Vilwamangalam apologetically refused saying he couldn't upset the powerful Chemmangatt family . Kururamma was heartbroken when she heard about this refusal . But , Unni pacified her by assuring that Vilwamangalam will come for Puja as agreed before . Kururamma believed Unni . But she lamented : " O Unni ! Because of that confusion , I didn't make any arrangements for the puja . I don't know what needs to be done . You see, Vilwamangalam Swamy is a Mahatma and therefore we shouldn't upset Him . O Bhagavan, I really messed up everything and I don't know what to do now !! ". Unni consoled her : "Mother , don't worry at all . I will do all the needful now itself . You , just take rest . " He quickly completed all jobs such as cleaning the floor, washing the Puja-instruments and utensils, bringing flowers and other Puja-materials , preparation of food offerings for the puja, etc, etc . After his daily worship, Villwamangalam started for Chemmangatt Amma's house for the Puja . But the pilot who was to lead his way by blowing conch (shankh) to announce his presence could not produce any sound from his conch . It was

a bad omen and Villwamangalam was bewildered . Then he remembered his failure to keep up the promise to Kururamma . And he decided that it is Bhagavan's wish that he should go to Kururamma's house to do Puja there . On this thought itself, the conch started functioning and filled the air with its resonant sound . The Acharya then started his journey towards Kururamma's house . Vilwanagalam and His Sisyas (Brahmachari-disciples) finally arrived at Kururamma's home . According to tradition , a Brahmin lady should not talk direct to any man other than her husband . Hence, hiding behind the door , Kururamma asked

Unni to welcome Vilwamanagalam Swami . When Unni welcomed , Vilwamangalam looked at him ; but due to `Maya" he couldn't recognize Bhagavan . After taking bath , Vilwamangalam got ready for the Puja . Meanwhile , his Sisyas were standing amazed . They are the ones who prepare items for the Puja because none else knows it's requirements . But, alas ! this midget Kid has arranged everything perfectly . They stared at Unni enviously . And he gladly teased them by winking

.. Vilwamangalam was pleased by the perfect arrangements in place . While touching the Puja-materials, a divine bliss filled his heart . The Puja commenced . At first, the seat was sanctified for seating Bhagavan . Then the invoking of Sri Krishna . Swami closed his eyes and meditated Bhagavan . While Vilwamangalam was invoking Krishna with great concentration, Unni stood straight in front . Seeing this , the

shocked Sisyas were facing a dilemma and they whispered each other : " This fool is standing in front of Acharya . How can we inform this to Him ? . See… the flowers offered are falling on his feet !…..' They tried to push out Unni . But , He stood His ground firm and the offered flowers kept on falling at His feet . Vilwanangalam Swami opened his eyes to see Sri Krishna on the offered seat , as usual . But here couldn't see Bhagavan and only Unni was standing in front . Vilwamangalam was annoyed . As ordered by him, Unni was

moved from there to a corner . And then the invoking re-commenced . Again the offered flowers kept on falling at the feet of Unni , though he was standing in the corner . Immediately , Vilwamangalam Swami realized that this helper of Kururamma is Bhagavan Himself . He looked at Unni again …. and there He was ! ` Bhagavan Sri Krishna in all His Suprmeme Glory '!!!!! Vilwamangalam tried to rush forward to prostrate . But Bhagavan stopped him with a gesture which meant

: " Keep this as secret . Let Me continue as Kururamma's Unni ". The Puja ended auspiciously and Vilwamangalam departed with his Sisyas . Kururamma was extremely happy . However, she made a comment to Unni : " Hey Unni ! I wonder why Vilwamangalam Swamy repeatedly bowed down to both of us and cried while leaving " . Unni's only response was his mind-captivating smile which filled `Sat-Chit-Anandam ' in Kururamma's heart . Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya!!! SriKrishnaDasa Rajeev .