IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Gayathri Mantram

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Gayatri Mantra Aum Bhur Bhuva Svah Tat Savitur Varenyam Bhargo Devasya Dhimahi Dhiyo Yo Naha Prachodayat Om, we meditate (dhimahi) on the spiritual effulgence (bhargas) of that adorable Supreme Divine Reality (varenyam devasya), the source or projector (savitr) of the three phenomenal world planes the gross or physical (bhuh) the subtle or psychical (bhuvah) and the potential or causal (suvah), both macro-cosmically or externally and micro-cosmically or internally. May the Supreme Divine Being

(Tat) stimulate (prachodayat) our (nah) intellect (dhiyah), so that we may realise the Supreme Truth. The presiding deity of the Gayatri Mantra is Lord Sun. Gayatri is personified as a goddess, the consort of Brahma (Sarasvati), and mother of the Vedas. The Gayatri Mantra is never chanted for the purposes of material gains, physical or otherwise. Its very invocation concludes with an appeal to the pure Consciousness to illumine more our heart-mind. It is a prayer unto the Self to unveil itself and come to manifest as pure wisdom in our life. The Gayatri Mantra is one of the oldest available Divine hymns. In the ancient Vedic literature, this mantra is dedicated to the deity Sun. It has actually been observed that by the repetition of this Gayatri Mantra with the right understanding of its sacred

meaning, the ordinary negative tendencies in the human mind can be erased out to a large extent. It is believed that for any one frightened in the dark, immediate chanting of the Gayatri Mantra is advised to get over the nervousness of the fright. Vinod Pillai <vinodpillai777 wrote: Dear Bakthas Can any one send me Gayathri mantram Om Namo NayaranaVinod Pillai,Post box No:

20487Sharjah,United Arab Emirates.Telephone:Res:00971-6-5628909Mobile:00971-50-7564723Mailto:VinodPillai777 (AT) (DOT) co.in

TV dinner still cooling?Check out "Tonight's Picks" on TV.

GAYATRI MANTRA - ITS MEANING AUM BHOOR BHUWAH SWAHA,TAT SAVITUR VARENYAMBHARGO DEVASAYA DHEEMAHIDHIYO YO NAHA PRACHODAYAT. Summary of the Gayatri Mantra Gayatri Mantra (the mother of the vedas), the foremost mantra in hinduism and hindu beliefs, inspires wisdom. Its meaning is that "May the Almighty God illuminate our intellect to lead us along the righteous path". Oh God! Thou art the Giver of Life, Remover of pain and sorrow,The Bestower of happiness,Oh! Creator of the Universe,May we receive thy supreme sin-destroying light,May Thou guide our intellect in the right direction. Gayatri Mantra in Hindi Word for Word

Meaning of the Gayatri Mantra Aum = Brahma ;bhoor = embodiment of vital spiritual energy(pran) ;bhuwah = destroyer of sufferings ;swaha = embodiment of happiness ;tat = that ;savitur = bright like sun ;varenyam = best choicest ;bhargo = destroyer of sins ;devasya = divine ;dheemahi = may imbibe ;dhiyo = intellect ;yo = who ;naha = our ;prachodayat = may inspire!Vinod Pillai <vinodpillai777 wrote: Dear Bakthas Can any one send me Gayathri mantram Om Namo NayaranaVinod Pillai,Post box No: 20487Sharjah,United Arab Emirates.Telephone:Res:00971-6-5628909Mobile:00971-50-7564723Mailto:VinodPillai777 (AT) (DOT) co.in Here’s a new way to find what you're looking for - Answers

Here’s a new way to find what you're looking for - Answers

• 9 months later...

OM BHUR BHUVAH SUVAHATAT SAVITUR VARENYAMBHARGO DEVASYA DHEEMAHI DHIYO YO NAH PRACHODAYAT Translation: We meditate upon the glorious splendor of the Vivified Divine. May He Himself illumine our minds! MAHALAKSHMI STOTRAM 1. Namaste stu mahamayesripithe sura-pujite,Sankha-cakra-gada-hastemahalaksmi namo stu te. 1. O Mahamaya, abode offortune,who art worshippedby

the Devas, I saluteThee; O Mahalakshmi, wielder of conch,disc and mace, obeisance to Thee. 2. Namaste garudarudhekolasura-bhayankariSarva-papa-hare devimahalaksmi namo stu te. 2. My salutations

toThee,who rides the Garuda and art a terror to Asura Kola; O Devi Mahalakshmi, remover of all miseries, my obeisance to Thee. 3. Sarvajne sarva varadesarva-dusta-bhayankari,Sarva-dukha-hare devimahalaksmi namo stu te. 3. O Devi Mahalakshmi,who

knowest all,giver of all boons,a terror to all the wicked,remover of all sorrow, obeisance to Thee. 4. Siddhi-buddhi-prade devibhukti mukti-pradayiniMantra-Murte sada devimahalaksmi namo stu te. 4. O Devi, giver of intelligence and

successand of worldly enjoyment and liberation, Thouhast always the mystic symbols as Thy form,O Mahalakshmi, obeisance to Thee. 5. Adyanta-rahite deviadyasakti mahesvariYogaje yoga-sambhutemahalaksmi namo stu te. 5. O Devi,

Maheshwari, without beginning or an end, O Primveval Energy, born of Yoga, O Mahalakshmi, obeisance to Thee. 6. Sthula-suksma-maharaudremahasakti-mahodare,Maha-papa-hare devimahalaksmi namo stu te. 6. O Mahalakshmi,who art both gross

andsubtle, most terrible, great power, great prosperityand great remover of all sins, obeisance to Thee. 7. Padmasana-sthite deviparabrama svarupini,Paramesi jagan matar-mahalaksmi namo stu te. 7. O Devi, seated on the lotus, who art the

Supreme Brahman, the great Lord and Mother of the universe, O Mahalakshmi, obeisance to Thee. 8. Svetambara-dhare devinanalankara-bhushite,Jagat-sthite jagan-matar-mahalaksmi namo stu te. 8. O Devi, robed in white garments anddecked

with various kinds of ornaments, Thouart the mother of the universe and its support, O Mahalakshmi, obeisance to Thee. 9. Mahalaksmyastakam stotramyah pathed bhaktiman narah,Sarva-siddhim-avapnotirajyam prapnoti sarvada. 9.This hymn to

the great Goddessof Wealth, if read with devotion, will bestow all success, will grant all worldly position. 10. Eka-kale pathen nityammaha-papa vinasanamDvi-Kalam yah pathen nityamdhana-dhanya-samanvitah 10. If always read once a day,

great sins will be destroyed. If always read twice a day, wealth and prosperity will ensure. 11. Tri-kalam yah pathen nityammahasatru-vinasanam,Mahalakshmir-bhaven-nityamprasanna varada subha. 11. If always read three

times a day, the great enemy(ego) will be destroyed. Mahalakshmiwill be ever pleased with that auspicious one Prayers to Lakshmi, the Goddess of Fortune Lakshmi-Stuti (Vishnu Purana, 7.9.116-138) This Stuti eulogy of Lakshmi, which was spoken by Lord Indra, is the source of all opulence. In this world, poverty never dwells among those who recite this stuti daily. indra uvacha namasye sarva-lokanam jananim abja-sambhavam Shriyam unnidra-padmaksim vishnor vakshah-sthala-sthitam Indra [the demigod king of heaven] said, "I offer my obeisances unto the lotus-born mother of all beings, unto Sri [the Goddess of fortune], having full-blown lotus-like eyes, and reposing in the bosom of Vishnu." padmalayam padmakaram padma patra-nibheksanam vande padma-mukhim devim padma-nabha-priyam aham "I offer my obeisances unto the Goddess who is the abode of lotuses, who holds the lotus, whose eyes resemble the petals of a lotus, whose face is a lotus, and who is dear to the Lord who has a lotus navel." tvam siddhis tvam svadha svaha sudha tvam loka-pavani sandhya ratrihi prabha bhutir medha sraddha sarasvati "You are siddhi, nectar, Svaha and Svadha, O purifier of the worlds. You are twilight, night, effulgence, opulence, intelligence, faith and

Sarasvati." yajna-vidya maha-vidya guhya-vidya cha shobhane atma-vidya cha devi tvam vimukti-phala-dayini "You are the knowledge of sacrifice, the worship of the universal form, and occult learning, O beauteous one. You are the knowledge of Brahman, O goddess, and the bestower of the fruit of liberation." anvikshiki trayi varta danda-nitis tvam eva cha saumyasaumyair jagad rupais tvayaitad devi puritam "You are the science of dialectics, the three Vedas, Varta, the knowledge of chastisement. O goddess, this universe is filled with your gentle

and terrifying forms." ka tv anya tvam rte devi sarva-yajna-mayam vapuhu adhyaste deva-devasya yogi cintyam gada-bhritaha "O goddess, who except you can dwell in the person of that God of gods, who consists of all forbearance, the bearer of the mace, who is contemplated by the yogis?" tvayi devi parityaktam sakalam bhuvana-trayam vinashta-prayam abhavat tvaye danim samedhitam "O goddess, the three worlds, having been abandoned by you, were on the verge of destruction--because of you, they have again recovered their

position." dara-putras tatha garam suhrid-dhanya dhanadikam bhavaty etan maha-bhage nityam tvad-vikshanam nrinam "O exalted one, men are endowed with wives, sons, houses, friends, grain and wealth due to your constant glance." sharirarogyam aishvaryam ari-paksa-ksayam sukham devi-tvad-drishti-drishtanam purushanam na durlabham "O goddess, freedom from bodily ailments, riches, destruction of enemies, and happiness are not difficult to attain for persons who view your glances." tvam mata sarva-bhutanam deva-devo harih pita tvayaitad vishnuma chadya jagad vyaptam-characharam "You are the mother of all creatures, as that God of gods, Hari, is their father. And this universe, consisting of moving and nonmoving entities, is presently permeated by you, as well as Vishnu." ma nah kosham tatha goshtham ma griham ma paricchadam ma sariram kalatram cha tyajethaha sarva-pavani "O purifier of all, if you forsake us, neither our treasures, nor our cows, nor our houses, nor our possessions, nor our bodies, nor our wives, are secure." ma putram ma suhrid-vargam ma pashun ma vibhushanam tyajetha mama devasya vishnor vaksah-sthalalaye "O you whose abode is the chest of Vishnu, if you forsake me, neither sons, nor friends, nor animals, nor ornaments can be mine." sattvena satya-shaucabhyam chatha shiladibhir gunaih tyajante te narah sadyaha sansyakto ye tvayamale "O spotless one, men who are forsaken by you are also forsaken by goodness, truth, purity, good character and other virtues." tvayavico kitah sadyaha

shiladyair akhilair gunaih kulaishvaryaish cha muhyante purusha nirguna api "And those who are glanced upon by you, although devoid of any good qualities, are infatuated by all good qualities, such as good character, lineage, wealth, etc." sa shlaghyah sa guni dhanyaha sa kulinaha sa biddhinam sa shurah sa cha vikranto yas tvaya devi vikshitaha "O goddess, he who is glanced upon by you, is praiseworthy, accomplished, fortunate, intelligent, high-born, heroic and possessed of power." sadyo vaingunyam ayanti shiladyah sakala gunaha

paranmukhi jaga-dhatri yasya tvam vishnu-vallabhe "O nurse of the universe, O beloved of Vishnu, all virtues, character, etc., immediately abandon him from whom you turn away." na te varnayitum shakta gunan jihvapi vedhasaha prasida devi padmakshi masmams tyakshih kadachana "Even the tongue of Brahma is incapable of describing your qualities. O lotus-eyed one, be auspicious unto me. Please do not abandon me." [Thus ends the Lakshmi-stuti] Sri [the Goddess of Fortune] said: "I shall never turn my face from one who praises me every morning and evening with this hymn."======================================================================== SRI SUKTAM Sloka 1 Om Hiranya Varnam

Harineem Survanam Rajatas Rajam Chandraam Hiranmayim LakshmeEm Jatavedo Mamaavaha O all-knowing fire-god (Agni), would you kindly propitiate Mahalakshmi, the Goddess of prosperity, one whose body has the golden color; one who is decked with gold and silver garlands; one whose sari is yellow colored and one Whose face is like the full moon and whose eyes bless humanity with soothing grace. O Jata Veda, the fire-god, kindly tell Her of our supplications Sloka 2 Taamma Aavaha Jaatavedo LakshmeEm Ananpagammineem Yasyaam Hiranmyam Vindeyam Gaam-Asvam Purusham-Aham O, Agni, the great fire-god, with the blessings of Mahalakshmi, wealth and prosperity, gold and cattle, horses and useful animals, family and children and every type of prosperity will come to me. By the arrival of Goddess Lakshmi in my home, the prosperity will be imperishable. Health, friends, knowledge, everlasting peace and finally freedom -- all these types of wealth will be mine by the arrival of the Universal Mother, Lakshmi, into my

home. Sloka 3 Aswa-Poorvaam Ratha-MadhyaAm Hastinaada Prabhodineem Sriyam Deveem-Upahvahe Sreemaa Devirjushataam That Goddess Lakshmi in whose procession the celestial horses and the divine chariots are used, as the elephants roar the OM sound which pleases that

Goddess. She being Gajalakshmi or Lakshmi Who is worshiped by the elephants. O Agni, I am invoking that power, the spouse of Vishnu. May I attain Her grace. Sloka 4 Kaamsosmkitaam Hiranya PraakaaraamAardraam Jvalenteem Truptaam Tarpayantim Padmastitaam PadmavarnaAm Taamihopahvaye Sriyam One Who is sitting on the blossomed thousand-petalled lotus; one whose body has the color of the lotus;

may that great Goddess. The compassionate, radiant, ever-smiling, fulfiller of all the desires of Her votaries, hear my prayers. I invoke that Mother, Mahalakshmi of golden color. Sloka 5 Candraamprabhassaam Yasasaajvalantim Sriyamloke Devajustamudharam Tam Padmineemim Saranamaham Prapadye Alakshmeerye Nasyatam twaam vrine I invoke Mahalakshmi Who shines like the full

moon and like lightening. Her fame is all-pervading. Denizens of heaven constantly worship Her. She is minificent. Her benevolent hands are like lotuses. I take refuge in Her lotus feet. Let Her destroy my poverty forever. O Mother Mahalakshmi, I take shelter at Your lotus feet. Sloka 6 Aadityavarne TapasodhijaatoO Vanaspatistava Vrikshothabilvaha Tasya Phalaani Tapassaanudantu Maayaantaraayaastcha Baahyaa Alakshmehim O Universal Mother, shining like the sun, it is through Your penance that the holiest trees of Bilva and Tulasi are born. They symbolize the tree of life. The fruit of that tree of life removes our poverty from both within and without. In other words, bless us with inner light and outer independence and abundance. Sloka 7 Upaitumaam Devasakhaha Keertishtcha Maninaa Saham Praddour-booto smit rastresmin Keerthimrudhim dadaatume O Devi, the great Goddess, with Your blessings let Kubera, the treasurer of the gods; his friend, Manibhadra, the protector of wealth, and Keerti, the goddess of fame who was the daughter of Daksha Prajapati. Sloka 8 Ksutipaasaamalaam JyesthaAm Alakshreem naasayaamyaham Abhootimasamriddhim cha Sarvadh Nirmuda me grihaat That goddess of hunger and thirst, one who is reduced to a skeleton; I would like the death of the goddess of poverty. O Mahalakshmi, may You kindly drive away any fear of poverty and inauspiciousness from my home. In other words, bless me always with abundance and joy. Sloka 9 Gandhadvaraam duradharshaam Nitya Pushtaam Karishineem Eesvareehim sarvabhoottaanaam Taamihopahvaye Sriyam I invoke that supreme Goddess Lakshmi to dwell in my home forever. She is the supreme power of protection and Goddess of all the universes and cosmic elements. She is Mother Earth, the bestower of great contentment. Her blessings are bringing us the fragrance of the sandalwood paste. May that Ishwari be ever present in me. Sloka 10 Manashaha-Kaamamaakootim Vaachasatya masheemahi Pashoonam Roopamanasya Mayi Sreesrayataam Yasaha May Mahalakshmi fulfill all my desires. May I attain perfection. May my words come true. May I be bestowed with cattle, wealth, food, milk and honey to share with all. May that Sri Devi come to my home in the form of undying fame. Sloka 11 Kardhamena Prajaabhuttaa Mayi Sambhava Kardhamam Sriyam Vaasayame KuleE Maataram Padma maalineem We are the progeny of our forefather, Sage Kardama, who is one of the sons of Goddess Lakshmi. We invoke that Sage Kardama to install in his family the Universal Mother, Mahalakshmi, who is decked with the garland of lotuses. So be it. Sloka 12 Apahasrujantu Snigdhaani Chikleeta Vasa Me Gruhe Nicha deveem MaatarahamM Sriyam Vaasaya Me Kule We invoke

another son of Lakshmi named Chikleeta. May he dwell in our home and may his mother, Mahalakshmi, dwell in our family. Sloka 13 Ardraam Pushkarineem Pushtim Pingalaam Padmamalineem Chandramm Hirnamayeem LakshmeEm Jaatavedo Mamaavaha O Agni, may You propitiate Mahalakshmi, the destroyer of demons but merciful to Her devotees, abode of auspiciousness, bestower of

total protection, extraordinarily beautiful, bedecked with valuable ornaments, shining like a thousand suns; may that Hiranmayi, the golden colored Goddess, be pleased with us. Sloka 14 Ardraam Yah-Karineem yastiIm Survarnaam Hemamaalineem Sooruyamm Hirnamayeem LakshmeEm Jaatavedo Mamaavaha O Agni, the fire-god, I once again pray unto you to invoke the presence of the

Lakshmi Devi with us. The Mother Who is merciful blessings with Her lotus hand. May that yellow-clad, lotus-garlanded, moon-faced Goddess shower Her choicest cup of blessings upon us. Sloka 15 Taama Aavaah JaatavedoO Lakshmmeemanapa-gamineem Yasyam Hiranyam Prabhootam Gaavo Daasyoshvam Vindeyam Purushanaham O Agni, please pray to that Lakshmi that we should be blessed with

inexhaustible wealth. May that wealth bring that greatest joy and peace along with all material comforts of cows, servants, horses, family and good children, and the highest of all, freedom. Sloka 16 Om Mahalakshmi cha Vidmahe Vishnu Patnyaicha Dhimahi Taano Lakshmihi-prachodayaAta Om Shanti Shanti Shantihi Let that Mahalakshmi be invoked on Whom I

meditate upon, Who is the consort of Lord Vishnu, the Supreme Mother.Let peace prevail everywhere. "Purnamada Purnamidam Purnaat PurnamudachyatePurnasya Purnamadaya Purnamevasishyate" Om

AsatomaOm Asatoma Satgamaya Tamasoma Jyotir Gamaya Mrityorma Amritam Gamaya Lead us from Deception to Truth, from Darkness to Light, from Death to Blissful Immortality Lokaha Lokaha Samastaha Sukhino Bhavantu Lokaha Samastaha Sukhino Bhavantu Lokaha Samastaha Sukhino Bhavantu Om Shanti Shanti Shanti-hi May all beings in all worlds be blessed with Peace, Contentment and Freedom Peace, Peace, and perfect Peace Gayatri Mantra Om Bhur Bhuva Swaha Tat Savitur Varenyam Bhargo Devasaya Dheemahi Dhiyo yo Nah Prachodayat Oh God! Thou art the Giver of Life, Remover of pain and sorrow, The Bestower of Happiness, Oh! Creator of the Universe, May we receive thy supreme sin destroying Light, May Thou guide our intellect in the right direction. Ganesha Ganesha Sharanam Ganesha Sharanam Sharanam Ganesha Ganesha Sharanam Sharanam Ganesha Sri GaneshaSri Ganesha Sri Ganesha Sri Ganesha PahimamJai Ganesha Jai Ganesha Jai Ganesha RakshamonSri Ganesha

PahimamJaya Ganesha Rakshamon Vinod Pillai <vinodpillai777 wrote: Om Namo Narayana I would like if any of our Bhakthas can send me Gayathri Mantram.I was having it but some how got deleted. Vinod PillaiVinod Pillai,Post box No: 20487Sharjah,United Arab

Emirates.Telephone:Res:00971-6-5628909Mobile:00971-50-7564723Mailto:VinodPillai777 (AT) (DOT) co.in Explore your hobbies and interests. Click here to begin.