IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Lord Balarama's pilgrimage

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Its good to feel in that way... but dear i doubt that there was keralam on vedhic times. vinod_ps77 <vinod.ps wrote: !! Sri Rama Jayam !!The below verses are taken from Srimad Bhagavattam Canto 10.79.19-21 describing Lord Balarama's pilgrimage. tato bhivrajya bhagavankeralams tu trigartakangokarnakhyam Siva-kshetramsannidhyam yatra dhurjateh ||Aryam dvaipayanim drishtvaSurparakam agad balahtapim payosnim nirvindhyamupasprsyatha

dandakam ||pravisya revam agamadyatra mahishmati purimanu-tirtham upasprsyaprabhasam punar agamat ||which means - "The Supreme Lord then traveled through the kingdoms of Kerala and Trigarta, visiting Lord Siva's sacred city of Gokarnòa, where Lord Dhurjatòi [siva] directly manifests himself. After also visiting Goddess Parvati who dwells on an island, Lord Balarama went to the holy district of Surparaka and bathed in the Tapi, Payosònòi and Nirvindhya rivers. He next entered the Danòdòaka forest and went to the river Reva along which the city of Mahisòhmati is found. Then He bathed at Manu-tirtha and finally returned to Prabhasa."I was quite happy to read that the holy feet of Sri Balarama swami kissed the soil of kerala also & so sharing with you all.Belated 'Sankranti' wishes.Hare KrishnaHare Rama

Now that's room service! Choose from over 150,000 hotels in 45,000 destinations on Travel to find your fit.

Hare Krishna ! Guruvayurappa !

Dear Gopi,

Lord Balarama set His Lotus Feet at various holy

places towards the end of Dwapara Yuga - which is just

over 5000 years ago (we are only some 5000+ years into

Kali yuga). Not to forget, the installation of the

vigraha of Sri Guruvayurappan was also done (by Guru &

Vayu) some 5000+ years ago (beginning of Kali yuga),

after Lord Krishna returned to the spiritual world.

So KERALA was very much there, alright !!

[Does anyone have any scriptural (Purana) references

regarding Parasurama's creation of Kerala? When this

took place etc... KVG, Mother Saroja - perhaps you

could help?]

The Bhagavatam also mentions that Lord Balarama also

set His holy lotus feet in Kannyakumari.

-sriram

============================================

--- GOPI NAIR <gopi_nair37 wrote:

> Its good to feel in that way... but dear i doubt

> that there was keralam on vedhic times.

>

>

> vinod_ps77 <vinod.ps wrote:

> !! Sri Rama Jayam !!

>

> The below verses are taken from Srimad Bhagavattam

> Canto 10.79.19-21

> describing Lord Balarama's pilgrimage.

>

> tato bhivrajya bhagavan

> keralams tu trigartakan

> gokarnakhyam Siva-kshetram

> sannidhyam yatra dhurjateh ||

>

> Aryam dvaipayanim drishtva

> Surparakam agad balah

> tapim payosnim nirvindhyam

> upasprsyatha dandakam ||

>

> pravisya revam agamad

> yatra mahishmati puri

> manu-tirtham upasprsya

> prabhasam punar agamat ||

>

> which means - " The Supreme Lord then traveled

> through the kingdoms of

> Kerala and Trigarta, visiting Lord Siva's sacred

> city of Gokarnòa,

> where Lord Dhurjatòi [siva] directly manifests

> himself. After also

> visiting Goddess Parvati who dwells on an island,

> Lord Balarama went

> to the holy district of Surparaka and bathed in the

> Tapi, Payosònòi and

> Nirvindhya rivers. He next entered the Danòdòaka

> forest and went to the

> river Reva along which the city of Mahisòhmati is

> found. Then He

> bathed at Manu-tirtha and finally returned to

> Prabhasa. "

>

> I was quite happy to read that the holy feet of Sri

> Balarama swami

> kissed the soil of kerala also & so sharing with you

> all.

> Belated 'Sankranti' wishes.

>

> Hare Krishna

> Hare Rama

> Now that's room service! Choose from over 150,000

> hotels

> in 45,000 destinations on Travel to find your

fit.

______________________________\

____

Be a PS3 game guru.

Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at Games.

http://videogames./platform?platform=120121

Yha.. I beleive it... as i am a beleiver of Sreekrishna. But our histories are not correctly recoreded, and according to available kerela history... mmm... is it not this place united afetr somewhere 1950s. Before that there was so many sorupams and all ruled by small kings. Before that this area was ruled by tamil kings and called as "malainadu". Anyway, thats great that this part of earth is more valuable as most of our Gods incarnations traveled here as mentioned in the puranas. but just i had a doubt that is this piece of land mentioned as "Keralam", if it is, i feel great too.. as a example for the truthfulness of our vedhic texts as a prediction. Krishna Maya!!!SRIRAM SUBRAMANIAN <abheri wrote: Hare Krishna ! Guruvayurappa !Dear Gopi,Lord Balarama set His Lotus Feet at various holyplaces towards the end of Dwapara Yuga - which is justover 5000 years ago (we are only some 5000+ years intoKali yuga). Not to forget, the installation of thevigraha of Sri Guruvayurappan was also done (by Guru & Vayu) some 5000+ years ago (beginning of Kali yuga),after Lord Krishna returned to the spiritual world.So KERALA was very much there, alright !![Does anyone have any scriptural (Purana) referencesregarding Parasurama's creation of Kerala? When thistook

place etc... KVG, Mother Saroja - perhaps youcould help?]The Bhagavatam also mentions that Lord Balarama alsoset His holy lotus feet in Kannyakumari.-sriram ============================================--- GOPI NAIR <gopi_nair37 > wrote:> Its good to feel in that way... but dear i doubt> that there was keralam on vedhic times.> > > vinod_ps77 <vinod.ps (AT) ge (DOT) com> wrote:> !! Sri Rama Jayam !!> > The below verses are taken from Srimad Bhagavattam> Canto 10.79.19-21 > describing Lord Balarama's pilgrimage. > > tato bhivrajya bhagavan> keralams tu trigartakan> gokarnakhyam Siva-kshetram> sannidhyam yatra dhurjateh ||> > Aryam dvaipayanim drishtva> Surparakam agad balah> tapim

payosnim nirvindhyam> upasprsyatha dandakam ||> > pravisya revam agamad> yatra mahishmati puri> manu-tirtham upasprsya> prabhasam punar agamat ||> > which means - "The Supreme Lord then traveled> through the kingdoms of > Kerala and Trigarta, visiting Lord Siva's sacred> city of Gokarnòa, > where Lord Dhurjatòi [siva] directly manifests> himself. After also > visiting Goddess Parvati who dwells on an island,> Lord Balarama went > to the holy district of Surparaka and bathed in the> Tapi, Payosònòi and > Nirvindhya rivers. He next entered the Danòdòaka> forest and went to the > river Reva along which the city of Mahisòhmati is> found. Then He > bathed at Manu-tirtha and finally returned to> Prabhasa."> > I was quite happy to read that the holy feet of Sri> Balarama swami > kissed the soil

of kerala also & so sharing with you> all.> Belated 'Sankranti' wishes.> > Hare Krishna> Hare Rama> > > > > > > > Now that's room service! Choose from over 150,000> hotels > in 45,000 destinations on Travel to find yourfit.________Be a PS3 game guru.Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at Games.http://videogames./platform?platform=120121

Looking for earth-friendly autos? Browse Top Cars by "Green Rating" at Autos' Green Center.

Dear all,

Radhe Krishna!

The reference to Keralam in Balararama's pilgrimage is correct.

Keralam was in existence even before Parasurama, but it was engulfed by

the sea and was retrieved by Parasurama. This episode is not

mentioned in Bhagavatam, but Bhattatiri has clearly said it.in dasakam

36, last sloka.

"Nyasya-asthrani Mahendra-bhubriti tapas-tanvan punar-marjitham

Gokarnavadhi saagarena dharaneem drishtwa arthithah thapaseih.

Dhyaateswasa-dhrita-analaastra-chakitam sindhum sruva-kshepanat

Utsaryoddhruta-keralo Bhrigupate Vatesa samraksha Mam!

(“O Lord of Guruvayoor who incarnated as the chief of the Bhrigu clan

!While performing penance on the Mahendra mountainafter abandoning all

weapons,on seeing that the entire land up to Gokarnam had been engulfed

by the sea, and again, having been requested by the ascetics, pushing

back the sea which was frightened by the fire missile procured by

meditation, may You, who did bring up the land of Kerala by throwing an

oblation-ladle, deign to protect me!")

The episode of Parasurama's retrieving Keralam, I am told, is mentioned

in the Brahmanda-puranam.

Love

KVG.

GOPI NAIR wrote:

Yha.. I beleive it... as i am a beleiver of Sreekrishna.

But our histories are not correctly recoreded, and according to

available kerela history... mmm... is it not this place united afetr

somewhere 1950s.

Before that there was so many sorupams and all ruled by small

kings.

Before that this area was ruled by tamil kings and called as

"malainadu".

Anyway, thats great that this part of earth is more valuable as

most of our Gods incarnations traveled here as mentioned in the puranas.

but just i had a doubt that is this piece of land mentioned as

"Keralam", if it is, i feel great too.. as a example for the

truthfulness of our vedhic texts as a prediction.

Krishna Maya!!!

SRIRAM SUBRAMANIAN <abheri > wrote:

Hare Krishna ! Guruvayurappa !

Dear Gopi,

Lord Balarama set His Lotus Feet at various holy

places towards the end of Dwapara Yuga - which is just

over 5000 years ago (we are only some 5000+ years into

Kali yuga). Not to forget, the installation of the

vigraha of Sri Guruvayurappan was also done (by Guru &

Vayu) some 5000+ years ago (beginning of Kali yuga),

after Lord Krishna returned to the spiritual world.

So KERALA was very much there, alright !!

[Does anyone have any scriptural (Purana) references

regarding Parasurama's creation of Kerala? When this

took place etc... KVG, Mother Saroja - perhaps you

could help?]

The Bhagavatam also mentions that Lord Balarama also

set His holy lotus feet in Kannyakumari.

-sriram

============================================

--- GOPI NAIR <gopi_nair37 >

wrote:

> Its good to feel in that way... but dear i doubt

> that there was keralam on vedhic times.

>

>

> vinod_ps77 <vinod.ps (AT) ge (DOT) com>

wrote:

> !! Sri Rama Jayam !!

>

> The below verses are taken from Srimad Bhagavattam

> Canto 10.79.19-21

> describing Lord Balarama's pilgrimage.

>

> tato bhivrajya bhagavan

> keralams tu trigartakan

> gokarnakhyam Siva-kshetram

> sannidhyam yatra dhurjateh ||

>

> Aryam dvaipayanim drishtva

> Surparakam agad balah

> tapim payosnim nirvindhyam

> upasprsyatha dandakam ||

>

> pravisya revam agamad

> yatra mahishmati puri

> manu-tirtham upasprsya

> prabhasam punar agamat ||

>

> which means - "The Supreme Lord then traveled

> through the kingdoms of

> Kerala and Trigarta, visiting Lord Siva's sacred

> city of Gokarnòa,

> where Lord Dhurjatòi [siva] directly manifests

> himself. After also

> visiting Goddess Parvati who dwells on an island,

> Lord Balarama went

> to the holy district of Surparaka and bathed in the

> Tapi, Payosònòi and

> Nirvindhya rivers. He next entered the Danòdòaka

> forest and went to the

> river Reva along which the city of Mahisòhmati is

> found. Then He

> bathed at Manu-tirtha and finally returned to

> Prabhasa."

>

> I was quite happy to read that the holy feet of Sri

> Balarama swami

> kissed the soil of kerala also & so sharing with you

> all.

> Belated 'Sankranti' wishes.

>

> Hare Krishna

> Hare Rama

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Now that's room service! Choose from over 150,000

> hotels

> in 45,000 destinations on Travel to find your

fit.

________

Be a PS3 game guru.

Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at

Games.

http://videogames./platform?platform=120121

Looking for earth-friendly autos?

Browse

Top Cars by "Green Rating" at Autos' Green Center.

Jai Sreekrishna Dear All Thank you very much for sharing this information Humbly Syamala"K.V Gopalakrishna" <gopalakrishna.kv wrote: Dear all,Radhe Krishna!The reference to Keralam in Balararama's pilgrimage is correct. Keralam was in existence even before Parasurama, but it was engulfed by the sea and was retrieved by Parasurama. This episode is

not mentioned in Bhagavatam, but Bhattatiri has clearly said it.in dasakam 36, last sloka."Nyasya-asthrani Mahendra-bhubriti tapas-tanvan punar-marjithamGokarnavadhi saagarena dharaneem drishtwa arthithah thapaseih.Dhyaateswasa-dhrita-analaastra-chakitam sindhum sruva-kshepanatUtsaryoddhruta-keralo Bhrigupate Vatesa samraksha Mam! (“O Lord of Guruvayoor who incarnated as the chief of the Bhrigu clan !While performing penance on the Mahendra mountainafter abandoning all weapons,on seeing that the entire land up to Gokarnam had been engulfed by the sea, and again, having been requested by the ascetics, pushing back the sea which was frightened by the fire missile procured by meditation, may You, who did bring up the land of Kerala by throwing an oblation-ladle, deign to protect me!")The episode of Parasurama's retrieving Keralam, I am told, is mentioned in the

Brahmanda-puranam.LoveKVG.GOPI NAIR wrote: Yha.. I beleive it... as i am a beleiver of Sreekrishna. But our histories are not correctly recoreded, and according to available kerela history... mmm... is it not this place united afetr somewhere 1950s. Before that there was so many sorupams and all ruled by small kings. Before that this area was ruled by tamil kings and called as "malainadu". Anyway, thats great that this part of earth is more valuable as most of our Gods incarnations traveled here as mentioned in the puranas. but just i had a doubt that is this piece of land mentioned as "Keralam", if it is, i feel great too.. as a example for the truthfulness of our vedhic texts as

a prediction. Krishna Maya!!!SRIRAM SUBRAMANIAN <abheri > wrote: Hare Krishna ! Guruvayurappa !Dear Gopi,Lord Balarama set His Lotus Feet at various holyplaces towards the end of Dwapara Yuga - which is justover 5000 years ago (we are only some 5000+ years intoKali yuga). Not to forget, the installation of thevigraha of Sri Guruvayurappan was also done (by Guru & Vayu) some 5000+ years ago (beginning of Kali yuga),after Lord Krishna returned to the spiritual world.So KERALA was very much there, alright !![Does anyone have any scriptural (Purana) referencesregarding Parasurama's creation of Kerala? When thistook place etc... KVG, Mother Saroja - perhaps youcould help?]The Bhagavatam also mentions that Lord

Balarama alsoset His holy lotus feet in Kannyakumari.-sriram ============================================--- GOPI NAIR <gopi_nair37 > wrote:> Its good to feel in that way... but dear i doubt> that there was keralam on vedhic times.> > > vinod_ps77 <vinod.ps (AT) ge (DOT) com> wrote:> !! Sri Rama Jayam !!> > The below verses are taken from Srimad Bhagavattam> Canto 10.79.19-21 > describing Lord Balarama's pilgrimage. > > tato bhivrajya bhagavan> keralams tu trigartakan> gokarnakhyam Siva-kshetram> sannidhyam yatra dhurjateh ||> > Aryam dvaipayanim drishtva> Surparakam agad balah> tapim payosnim nirvindhyam> upasprsyatha dandakam ||> > pravisya revam agamad> yatra

mahishmati puri> manu-tirtham upasprsya> prabhasam punar agamat ||> > which means - "The Supreme Lord then traveled> through the kingdoms of > Kerala and Trigarta, visiting Lord Siva's sacred> city of Gokarnòa, > where Lord Dhurjatòi [siva] directly manifests> himself. After also > visiting Goddess Parvati who dwells on an island,> Lord Balarama went > to the holy district of Surparaka and bathed in the> Tapi, Payosònòi and > Nirvindhya rivers. He next entered the Danòdòaka> forest and went to the > river Reva along which the city of Mahisòhmati is> found. Then He > bathed at Manu-tirtha and finally returned to> Prabhasa."> > I was quite happy to read that the holy feet of Sri> Balarama swami > kissed the soil of kerala also & so sharing with you> all.> Belated 'Sankranti' wishes.> >

Hare Krishna> Hare Rama> > > > > > > > Now that's room service! Choose from over 150,000> hotels > in 45,000 destinations on Travel to find yourfit.________Be a PS3 game guru.Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at Games.http://videogames./platform?platform=120121 Looking for earth-friendly autos? Browse Top Cars by "Green Rating" at Autos' Green Center.

Don't be flakey. Get Mail for Mobile and always stay connected to friends.