IndiaDivine.org

It’s Not About Living Longer

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna, God Given us an Opportunity to come to the world. We should make utilize it in full potential to reach to the abode of God’s place. How perfection we are irrespective of any works and our thoughts, deeds & values that reflects and show our ways to the God’s place. Of course agree that in this fast paced life we will never get time to think of anything. Enclosed some tips. It’s Not About Living Longer "How to Live Longer." This headline caught my eye today in a newsletter that home office employees regularly receive from our insurance provider. "You need to pay attention," it said, "to all five spheres of wellness"—physical, mental, family and social, spiritual and material. It should have read, "How to Live Better," because the author's advice focused on establishing better priorities, values and lifestyles. But the advice was sound—lives better and you increase your likelihood of living longer. It reminded me of a story I read recently: A boat docked in a tiny Mexican village. A rich American tourist complimented a local fisherman on the quality of his fish and asked how long it took him to catch them. "Not long," said the

Mexican. "So why didn't you stay out longer and catch more?" asked the American. The Mexican explained that his small catch was sufficient for his family's needs. The American asked, "But what do you do with the rest of your time?" "I sleep late, fish a little, play with my children, and take a siesta with my wife. In the evenings, I go into the village to see my friends, play guitar, sing a few songs. I have a full life."

The American interrupted, "Listen, I have a business degree and I can help you make it better! First, start fishing longer every day. Then sell the extra fish you catch, make more money, then buy a bigger boat. The larger boat will bring even more money, and you can buy a second one, a third one and so on until you have a fleet. And, instead of selling your fish to a middleman, you negotiate directly with the processing plants, maybe even open your own plant. Then you can leave this little village and move to Mexico City, LA or even New York! From there you can direct your huge enterprise!" "How long would that take?" asked the fisherman. "Maybe 20, 25 years," replied the businessman. "And after that?" "Oh, then it gets really interesting," answered the American. "When your business gets really big, you can sell stock and make millions!" "Millions—wow! Then what?" "Then...you can retire, live in a village near the coast, sleep late, play with your grandchildren, catch some fish, take siestas and spend your evenings singing with

your friends." Good story. Makes you think. Makes you think even longer about what Krishna said about the heart of this issue: "Take heed and beware of covetousness, for one's life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses". Makes you think about the hundreds of other "health tips" God gives in His Word, which is

loaded with sound advice for healthy living in all five of those "spheres of wellness." Makes you think about the need to "take heed." The moral is, it's not about living longer, it's about living better. With Love, SreeWith Love,Sree

All New Mail – Tired of unwanted email come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you.