IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Digest Number 797

Rate this topic

Guest guest

om namo narayana!!!

i have read about all the stories and understood the importance of reading the chapters of bhagwat gita and also known the importance of some important slokas through this wonderful group. i am really really thankful to all the members who have contributed to make laymen like me understand the importance of sprituality.

i have a few questions to ask:-

1)i am reading bhagwat gita which i have purchased from iskcon(bangalore).is it the right book ?

2) what is the difference b/w bhagwat gita and srimad bhagwatam?

3) i live in singapore,whom should i contact here in singapore so that the whole family can learn more about bhagwat gita and can also can give me all the details about spritual living.

i am very very keen to know more.

kindly help me out .

hare krishna!!!

regards,

rathi

"guruvayur " <guruvayur >guruvayur Sent: Monday, February 19, 2007 6:50:09 PM[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Digest Number 797

Guruvayoor/Guruvayur

Messages In This Digest (10 Messages)

my introduction sunita kumar

Re: OM NAMO NARAYANA geeta anil

Highly Motivational sreedhar c.p

Re: Narayaneeyam sreedhar c.p

Maha Sivaratri sreedhar c.p

Re: Fwd: FW: Mathematics of life vinod parayil

It’s Not About Living Longer sreedhar c.p

Re: New Member Introductions rajan nair

Vishnu Sahasranamam Stanza 48 rsunitaa

The lord is really mysterious jayashree_662001

View All Topics | Create New Topic

my introduction

Posted by: "sunita kumar" sunita_pkumar sunita_pkumar

Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:52 am (PST)

swami saranam,am Mrs. sunita nair from oman......happened to know abt this this site from Mr.Mohandas. ....am not an ardent believer of guruvaayoorappan coz of the discrimantion that is there ......when a VIP is there we poor people r pulled back to give way for the VIP to have darsan...... .in front of god all r equal....... .....but still i like this group....sunita nair------------ --------- --------- ---Never miss an email again! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it out.

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in

this topic (1)

Re: OM NAMO NARAYANA

Posted by: "geeta anil" geetaanilkarthik geetaanilkarthik

Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:52 am (PST)

Namaste Sunilji,i am very glad to receive a reply from a guruvayurappan devotee....Yes, We are very very fortunate to have our Ponnu Guruvayurappan nearby. I have read many articles and importance of Bhagavad-Gita by Sarojaji through internet. There are many people who are lucky to learn more and more spiritual knowledge through their Gurus, Parents and Grand Parents... But I am not that fortunate enough... My Daddy is totally ignorant in this field. I did not get an opportunity to stay with my grandparents. Only my mother....it is only because of her that i have understood the importance of spiritual living..We shifted to Dombivili from thane in the year 1982.. Since then till date, my mother never missed Nirmalaya Darshanam of Lord Ponnu Guruvayurappan. Every day she gets up at 4.00 a.m. to attend nirmalyam, later chants Srimad Bhagvatham, Narayaneeyam, Sundarakantham. .... It is only thru her that i developed

spiritual importance.I want to experiance deep knowledge in all spiritual activities. and at the same time i want to train my son in this field.Dear sunilji, can u give me informations on any classes in dombivili where they conduct bhagavad gita classes as well as bhagavatham classes. Its for the sake of my son. He is eigth years old....thanking you,OM NAMO NARAYANAYA Sunil Menon <menon_sunil@ > wrote:Dear Geeta, Welcome to the group. I am sure you will enjoy the company of other Guruvayoorappan devotees. You are in the right place for the intentions you mentioned.We have a few members from Dombivli in the group like Shri Rajuji. Some of us in the group used to live in Dombivli as well. It is always good to hear about Ponnu Guruvayurappan temple. We also have another group for Sanskrit learning taught by our

respected Dr. Saroja Ramanujam. If you are serious about learning Sanskrit and sparing time for the same, you can join the group at http://groups. / group/guru- kulam/Please be active in the group and share your knowledge with all of us.Om Namo Narayanaya:Sunil.geeta anil <geetaanilkarthik@ > wrote: HARI OMI am Mrs.Geetha Anil and am new to this Group. I am a strong devotee of Guruvayurappan. (My Kannan) I came to know of this membership thru internet. I am from Mumbai and i stay at dombivili with my family.I feel that by becoming a member to this holy group and chatting with religious scholars is really a beautiful experiance.Only by registering itself, i feel i am very much closer to my kannan.Will it be possible

for me to share all the experiances from the group.I am born and brought up in Mumbai.. i have attended 2 -3 Bhagavad Saptahams at a Guruvayurappan temple near our house. I cannot explain the experience i had gone thru. I have not learned sanskrit. But i am very very eager to know more and more details of Lord Krishna, importance of Bhagavad Gita., Srimad Bhagvatham.. So that i can atleast impart my knowledge to my little son karthik. I hope my request will be accepted by the honourable members of the Group.Thanking you,Hari OM.GEETHA------------ --------- --------- ---The fish are biting.Get more visitors on your site using Search Marketing.GEETHA------------ --------- --------- ---Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.Try the Mail Beta.

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (5)

Highly Motivational

Posted by: "sreedhar c.p" sreepal20 sreepal20

Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:53 am (PST)

Hare Krishna,Once upon a time, there was a bunch of tiny frogs who arranged a running competition.The goal was, to reach the top of a very high tower.A big crowd had gathered around the tower to see the race and cheer on the contestants.The race began....... .Honestly, no one in the crowd really believed that the tiny frogs would reach the top of the tower.You heard statements such as:"Oh, its way too difficult!"They will never make it to the top" or"Not a chance that they will succeed.The tower is too high!"The tiny frogs started collapsing. One by one......... .Except for those, who in a fresh tempo, were climbing higher and higher.The crowd continued to yell, "It is too difficult. No one will make it."More tiny frogs got tired and gave up.But ONE continued higher and higher and higher.This one wouldn't give up.At the end, everyone else had given up climbing the tower, except for

the one tiny frog who, after a big effort, was the only one who reached the top.Then all the other tiny frogs naturally wanted to know how this one frog managed to do it?A contestant asked the tiny frog how he had found the strength to succeed and reach the goal.It turned out that the winner was DEAF........ ....The wisdom of this story is:Never listen to other people's tendencies to be negative or pessimistic ......because they take your most wonderful dreams and wishes away from you........the ones you have in your heart.Always think of the power, words have.Because everything you read and hear will affect your actions.Therefore:ALWAYS BE POSITIVE!And above all.....Be DEAF when people tell you that you cannot fulfil your dreams.Always think......I can do this.With Love,Sree------------ --------- --------- ---New Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more at the

Mail Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes.

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in

this topic (1)

Re: Narayaneeyam

Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:53 am (PST)

Hare Krishna,Dear KVG,May Kannan Give you all the Vision to fulfull the same.Anything support for the same pl be informed.it is always our Plessure.With Love,Sree"K.V Gopalakrishna" <gopalakrishna. kv (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote: Dear Sunilji,Radhe Krishna!Thank you immensely for your kind suggestion and offer. So far as money is concerned, Guruvayoorappan had already shown the way and there is no problem. We are considering about the on-line or CD presentation of the whole book. For this also, I am sure, the Lord will send the right thoughts.Shall revert to you after discussions with the other co-authors and members of Trust.Warmest regardsKVG.Sunil Menon wrote: Dear KVG,I agree with you that publication as a book is important, it is notonly relevant for elderly people but

everyone who does not have themeans to read it online or does not like to read it on a computer. However, I totally agree with Pravin's suggestion to computerize itand make it easy for people to download/buy online.So, in a ideal scenario we need to have both print form and onlineform. Like the music industry in US, they allow you to buy anddownload songs online or you can buy a CD, if you like that way. We as group will be glad to help you in whatever way possible to accomplish the publication. If you like to pursue this option, give us an estimate of the money required to publish Narayaneeyam. We can try to contribute as a group and bear part or full of the cost. Please let me know all your thoughts.Om Namo Narayanaya:Sunil. guruvayur@grou ps.com, Chandra Menon<chandrasmenon2002@ ...>

wrote:>> Respected G,> I was thinking all these days about this. I am so sorry that Icannot offer any concrete suggestion to Bhaktharanjini Trust and itspublication. I could have offered my help if I were in Bangalore but Iam not. I would like to know if the trust is owned by you alone or anyone else as trustees? Is there any means that it can be registered asa Non Profitable Trust with additional members so that those inBangalore from our group could take the lead and continue theuninterrupted publications of 2nd and 3rd editions in the days ahead?> I am sorry to learn that your Parayanam of Narayaneeyam was notclear and I hope you would be able to do that in the near future. Ipray Lord Guruvayoorappan for HIS blessings for you to accomplish that. > Chandra Sekharan Menon > > "K.V Gopalakrishna" <gopalakrishna. kv wrote:> Dear Pravinji,> Radhe Krishna!>

> Thank you so much for the kind suggestion. I shall discuss itwith my son who manages all the software items, and take help from himto implement your suggestion. But publication in book form is alsonecessary as most of our people, especially those in the 60-80 agerange in our country do not have on-line facilities. > > I tried to record the parayanam, but it was a big din withoutclarity as we had quite a number of people chanting together. I amthinking of other ways of recording with single voice. Anyway, shallget in touch with you.> > Thanx again and warmest regards> KVG. . > > > hba9331 wrote: Om Namo Narayanya> > Dear Gopalakrishnaji,> > Since I have read this book I know that it is of great value to the > readers, especially those who do not have the strong Sanskrit or > Malayalam background. I would like to make a small suggestion , ie

> to make this book available as a E-book at the Narayaneeyam web > page. You would have to check the modalities of getting paid on-line > or despatching the document in pdf format via email or CD disk when > the payment is received at your end. I know these are suggestion the > publishers would not like to entertain, but under the current > circumstances this I presume is the best alternative. > > Please let us know if you were able to record the parayanam as > planned during the last Ekadasi. > > Kind Regards,> > Pravin>With Love,Sree------------ --------- --------- ---What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Mail Championship.

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic

(21)

Maha Sivaratri

Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:54 am (PST)

Hare Krishna,For Infom,MAURITIUS, February 11, 2007: (HPI note: Translated from original French.) To mark the beginning of the festivities of Maha Sivaratri, 1,000 families simultaneously offered rituals to Lord Siva at the Swamy Srinivasacharya Badarika Ashramam. Several political personalities were present, including the Prime Minister, Navin Ramgoolam, Lady Sarojini Jugnauth (wife of the President) and Minister Arvin Boolell. It was an unprecedented event in Mauritius to have 1,000 Siva Lingams, symbols representing the God Siva, simultaneously worshipped with water collected from 108 rivers in India by the assembled devotees. Swamy Srinivasacharya Badarika Ashramam is a sociocultural organization managing a temple dedicated to God Siva in Forest-Side. Unrecognizable to regular visitors, the Ashramam temple was completely sheltered under a huge canopy to accommodate the total of 6,000 guests. Traffic was held up in the area of

Forest-Side as 350 police officers diverted cars along the onlyroute which passes through Curepipe. The devotees followed instructions given in several languages over loudspeakers. Priests had come from India to assist.With Love,Sree------------ --------- --------- ---What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Mail Championship.

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this

topic (1)

Re: Fwd: FW: Mathematics of life

Posted by: "vinod parayil" vinodhparayil vinodhparayil

Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:55 am (PST)

Hi Blagopalji,This is great thanks for share ur knowledge with usbalagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpal (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote:A SMALL TRUTH TO MAKE LIFE 100%IfA B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Zis equal to1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26Hard WorkH+A+R+D+W+O+ R+K8+1+18+4+23+ 15+18+11 = 98%KnowledgeK+N+O+W+L+E+ D+G+E11+14+15+23+ 12+5+4+7+ 5 = 96%LoveL+O+V+E12+15+22+5 = 54%LuckL+U+C+K12+21+3+11 = 47%( don't most of us think this is the most important??? )Then what makes 100% ?Is it Money ? ... NO ! ! !M+O+N+E+Y13+15+14+5+25 = 72%Leadership ? ... NO ! ! !L+E+A+D+E+R+ S+H+I+P12+5+1+4+5+18+ 19+9+16 = 89%Every problem has a solution, only if we perhapsChange our attitude.To go to the

top,to that 100%,what we really need to go further... a bit more...ATTITUDEA+T+T+I+T+U+ D+E1+20+20+9+20+ 21+4+5 = 100%It is OUR ATTITUDE towards Life and Work that makesOUR Life 100% ! ! !ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHINGChange Your Attitude .And You Change Your Life ! ! !------------ --------- --------- ---Here’s a new way to find what you're looking for - Answers

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (7)

It’s Not About Living Longer

Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:56 am (PST)

Hare Krishna,God Given us an Opportunity to come to the world. We should make utilize it in full potential to reach to the abode of God’s place. How perfection we are irrespective of any works and our thoughts, deeds & values that reflects and show our ways to the God’s place. Of course agree that in this fast paced life we will never get time to think of anything. Enclosed some tips.It’s Not About Living Longer"How to Live Longer." This headline caught my eye today in a newsletter that home office employees regularly receive from our insurance provider. "You need to pay attention," it said, "to all five spheres of wellness"—physical, mental, family and social, spiritual and material. It should have read, "How to Live Better," because the author's advice focused on establishing better priorities, values and lifestyles. But the advice was sound—lives better and you increase your likelihood of living

longer. It reminded me of a story I read recently: A boat docked in a tiny Mexican village. A rich American tourist complimented a local fisherman on the quality of his fish and asked how long it took him to catch them. "Not long," said the Mexican. "So why didn't you stay out longer and catch more?" asked the American. The Mexican explained that his small catch was sufficient for his family's needs. The American asked, "But what do you do with the rest of your time?I sleep late, fish a little, play with my children, and take a siesta with my wife. In the evenings, I go into the village to see my friends, play guitar, sing a few songs. I have a full life." The American interrupted, "Listen, I have a business degree and I can help you make it better! First, start fishing longer every day. Then sell the extra fish you catch, make more money, then buy a bigger boat. The larger boat will bring even more money, and you can buy a second one, a

third one and so on until you have a fleet. And, instead of selling your fish to a middleman, you negotiate directly with the processing plants, maybe even open your own plant. Then you can leave this little village and move to Mexico City, LA or even New York! From there you can direct your huge enterprise!How long would that take?" asked the fisherman. "Maybe 20, 25 years," replied the businessman. "And after that?Oh, then it gets really interesting, " answered the American. "When your business gets really big, you can sell stock and make millions!Millions—wow! Then what?Then...you can retire, live in a village near the coast, sleep late, play with your grandchildren, catch some fish, take siestas and spend your evenings singing with your friends." Good story. Makes you think. Makes you think even longer about what Krishna said about the heart of this issue: "Take heed and beware of covetousness, for one's life does not

consist in the abundance of the things he possesses". Makes you think about the hundreds of other "health tips" God gives in His Word, which is loaded with sound advice for healthy living in all five of those "spheres of wellness." Makes you think about the need to "take heed." The moral is, it's not about living longer, it's about living better.With Love,SreeWith Love,Sree------------ --------- --------- ---All New Mail – Tired of unwanted email come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you.

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (1)

Re: New Member Introductions

Posted by: "rajan nair" rajan_k_nair2002 rajan_k_nair2002

Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:59 pm (PST)

Om Namo Narayana !!!Dear Sunilji,As desired, I am giving herebelow a brief introductionabout me.I am Rajan, working in Mumbai, hailing from a smallvillage near Trithala in Palakkad District, Kerala. Iam in Mumbai since 1986. I am here with my wife and 9years old daughter.I like everything which is related to GOD KRISHNA. Ivisit Guruvayoor Temple when I go to native placeduring summer vacation. As I live in Dombivli, I tryto visit Ponnu Guruvayoorappan Temple everyday.I see Lord Krishna's face in all GODS. I believe, itis because of HIM what I am.May God Bless All,Rajan Kinattinkara"--- Sunil Menon <menon_sunil@ > wrote:> Dear Member devotees,> > A few months ago we started requesting all new> members to send us a> brief

introduction.> > And recently we started posting such introductions> to the entire> group. However, some of you - not so recent members> - may like> introduce yourself to the entire group.> > So, all of you, please post a brief introduction> like name, place,> profession, interests in Bhakti related matters etc.> (Whatever info> you are comfortable sharing with a public group).> You can send mail to> guruvayur@grou ps.com to have it appear in the> group.> > Pls write to moderator@guruvayoo r.com, if you have> any other questions.> > Om Namo Narayanaya:> > Sunil.> > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________

_________ _ India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something newhttp://in.answers. /

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (2)

Vishnu Sahasranamam Stanza 48

Posted by: "rsunitaa" rsunitaa rsunitaa

Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:59 pm (PST)

Om Namo Narayanaya!yajnah ijyo mahejyashcha kratuh satram sataam gatihsarvadarshee vimuktaatmaa sarvajno jnaanamuttamam.445. Yajnah - The Sacrifice. The spirit of the nAma is that He is yaj~na-svarUpi Himself, i.e., He practices yaj~na of the Highest Order. The term yaj~na is nicely explained by the dharma cakram writer. karma binds us to the phala-s deriving from these karma-s; yaj~na releases us from the bondage of karma. In other words, any act that is done without a selfish goal, for the benefit of others and for the benefit of the world, with a spirit of sacrifice, performed without the feeling of "I" associated with it, and acts done as bhagavad-ArAdhana, these qualify as yaj~na. There is divinity associated with acts which are performed with this spirit. This writer goes on to describe the different types of yaj~na. dravyayaj~na (expending one's earnings for the public good), tapo

yaj~na (contemplating and meditating on bhagavAn and diverting all thoughts towards Him), yoga yagj~na (practicing utmost self-control and controlling all five senses and leading a life consistent with conduct guided by this principle), and lastly the greatest of all yaj~na-s - dedicating oneself and one's belongings towards the service of bhagavAn. When we have transformed all our acts so that they are not karma-s devoted to our selfish goals, we have transformed the karma-s to yaj~na. The ultimate yaj~na is when we have offered ourselves as the Ahuti in this yaj~na, i.e., we do everything for His benefit, not for our benefit. Since every one of bhagavAn's acts is for the benefit of His devotees and nothing is for His own benefit, He is the incarnation of yaj~na. Several references are provided in support of this nAma. SrI BhaTTar refers us to the Sruti - yaj~no vai vishNuh. SrI Sankara extends this

interpretation to include bhagavAn's nurturing all the other gods. As yaj~na-svarUpi or sacrifice-bodied, He provides offerings to all gods, thus causing their satisfaction and happiness - sarveshAmdevAnAm tushTi-kArako yaj~na AkAreNa pravartata iti.446. Ijyah -One who is fit to be invoked through yajnas. Lord Narayana is the only one who is being invoked in all yajnas, even when the devotee particularly invokes any other deity. This is revealed in gItA - ye tu anya-devatA bhaktA yajante SraddhayA anvitAh | te'pi mAmeva kaunteya yajanti a-vidhi-pUrvakam || (gItA9.23). SrI BhaTTar also refers us to mahAbhArata - ye yajanti pitR*n devAn brAhamNan sahutASanAn | sarva bhUtAntarAtmAnam vishNumeva yajanti te || (SAnti355.24) "Those who worship the spirits of their forefathers, the gods, the brahmins as well as agni - they in reality worship only vishNu who is the Inner Soul of all beings". He, being the Infinite,

all gods are expressions of His own glory and therefore, irrespective of the deity invoked, all yajnas are worship of Vishnu. SrI Sankara quote the harivamSa to support the same interpretation - ye yajanti makhaih puNyair_devaTAdIn pitR*napi | AtMAnam AtmanA nityam vishNumeva yajanti te || (3.40.27) "Holy sacrifices to divinities and pitR-s are verily adoration of vishNu Himself, who is the Self of all".447. Mahejyah -One who is to be most worshipped. One who most certainly is to be invoked in every ritual because all other devataas invoked during the yajnas can each fulfil the seeker's desires; but to invoke Sri Narayana is to invoke the only Power that can supply complete liberation for the devotee. Therefore, He is the object of great sacrifice. He is the best object of worship because He alone can give the final liberation from the cycle of samsAra, whereas the other objects of worship can only give the lesser

fruits. SrI Sankara bhAshyam is "sarvAsu devatAsumoksha- phala-dAtRtvAt iti mahejyah" – He who, of all deities worshipped is capable of giving moksha. 448. Kratuh -A Yajna in which there is a sacrificial post is Kratu. The Lord is called kratu because He is of the form of such sacrifices [sri Sankara]. SrI BhaTTar: a) Object of worship through the sacrifices called kratu-s. b) He who is behind the actions of everybody or He by whom everything is done. SrI rAdhAkRshNa Sastri points out that among the different types of yAga-s, the type where one uses one's resources to perform a yAga with a definite objective and within a prescribed duration, is called a kratu. This requires firm dedication, sincere effort, and the firm belief that the desired result will be obtained. Since He is the one worshipped by all these, He is kratuh. Or since He is the personification of all these, He is kratuh.449. Satram -

SrI BhaTTar: a) He who is worshipped by the sacrifice called satram. b) He who protects the good people c) He who makes everything go. satram is another type of sacrifice, this one done on an unlimited timescale, devoted to world-welfare, with participation from multitude of people. SrI BhaTTar's vyAkhyAnam is "dIrgha-kAla bahu-yajamAnakamAsa codanA-lakshaNam satram". SrI rAdhAkRshNa Sastri points out that the activity that is commonly undertaken to feed the pilgrims in large numbers in choultries (called Sattiram in tamizh) is an example of this kind of selfless activity where many good people participate for the welfare of a larger community of people. Again bhagavAn is the object of worship of these activities, and so He is satra-svarUpi. SrI Sankara gives an additional interpretation -He who protects the good -satah trAyati iti sat-tram.450. Sataam gatih - The Goal of the pious. This nAma occurred earlier as

nAma 184 - Slokam 20. SrI Sankara bhAshyam is "satAm - mumukshUNAm na-anyA gatih iti satAm-gatih" - The sole support for those who seek liberation. SrI BhaTTar comments that whereas in previous nAma-s, bhagavAn is described as the goal of those who follow the pravRtti-dharma, i.e., dealing with the pleasures and business of the world, this nAma signifies that He is also the goal of those who follow the nivRtti-dharma, i.e., discontinuance of worldly acts or emotions. SrI BhaTTar gives reference to vishNu purANam -nirdhUta dosha-pa~nkAnAm yatInAm samyatAtmanAm | sthAnam tat paramam vipra! puNya-pApa parikshaye || 2.8.94 "O brAhmin! That is the sublime place for yati-s (i.e., yogins) who have washed off the mire of sins and who control their minds when all their merits and sins have been annihilated" . SrI cinmayAnanda comments that the term gatih in samskRt means both the path and the goal. SrIman nArAyaNa is both the

means and the end for the sAdhu-s, and it is only by surrendering to Him that they reach Him.451. Sarvadarshee –The All-Seer. One who, by His innate insight, is able to see all the good and evil actions of living beings. "As He is the pure Consciousness in all living creatures, all knowledge in all beings is illumined by Him. Just as the sun is "the eye of the universe," so the Consciousness is the Illuminator of every- thing. Since He is the antaryAmi in everything, He sees everything even without the awareness of the beings. SrI cinmayAnanda observes that as the Sun is known as the "eye of the Universe", bhagavAn is the Illuminator of everything. SrI rAdhAkRshNa Sastri points out that He observes everything irrespective of whether we perform what are supposed to perform or we don't perform what we are supposed to perform. The dharma cakram writer summarizes the purport of this nAma by pointing out that when we

act with the full realization that He is our Inner Consciousness, and when we act consistent with that, we have understood the meaning of this nAma. This is behind the concept that we should do every act of ours by dedicating it to Him, and not perform any act that is not towards His Will. (AnukUlaya sa~nkalpam,prAtikUl ya varjanam).452. Vimuktaatmaa –"The ever-liberated Self." The Supreme, though He expresses Himself through the equipments, He is never conditioned by the matter envelopments through which He apparently expresses Himself. Just as the waves rise, exist and dissolve in the ocean, the equipments of experiences rise, play and dissolve themselves in Him. He is ever-liberated, never-shackled by gross matter. This great principle of Paraatmaa is Sri Narayana. -Sruti says (Kathopanishad 5-1). "vimuktas ca vimucyate- Himself free, He liberates others" [sri Sankara]. 453. Sarvajnah –"Omniscient.

" He is the Principle of Consciousness and, therefore, He is the Illuminator of all thoughts, all intentions, motives, emotions and all sense perceptions in an individual. The meaning is the same as in Sarvadarsee. One who is all and knows all. "idam sarvam yad ayam atma – all that is seen is Atma" Brih Up 2.4.6 [sri Sankara]. Sri BhaTTar explains that He knows that He is the antaryAmi in everything, and thus He is sarvaj~nah. He knows He is the best dharma, the best means, and the best goal. 454. Jnaanamuttamam –That conciousness which is superior to all, birthless, unlimited by time and space and the cause of all achievements. "The Supreme Knowledge of all other knowledges." The Self is the Supreme Knowledge, for, without the Consciousness, no knowledge is possible. Taittireeyopanishad indicates the Self as. "Satyam Jnaanam, Anantam Brahma". Krishnarpanamastu!

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (1)

The lord is really mysterious

Posted by: "jayashree_662001" jayashree_66 jayashree_662001

Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:01 am (PST)

Om Namo Narayanaya.I am posting after a long time.Well, the lord kept me very busy from dec 20th onwards. my mother had a terrible fever and as a result lost her memory for a few minutes. My son and me rushed her to a doctor who also happens to be my classmate and friend. she advised us to place mum under observation but my mum was not at all willing coz she hated hospitals considering the fact that since 1992 my father was being hospitalised for one reason or other. so far he has had around 7 different major opertaions and was even completely paralysed once, but due to his sheer willpower overcame even that and then purchased a car and drove it around.my mum has always been a true companion to my father and people in my area always tell that she is a savitri who rescued my father from near death situations by being by his side during his hospitalisations and reading Narayeenyam. Anyways,we did

not admit mother to hospital , but brought her home and followed the medications given by the doctor. I only thought of Lord Guruvayurappan and beleive me, in two days mother was okay and fine and even went out to Kochu Guruvayur Temple at matunga here.But my doctor friend still insisted that i take her to a neurologist for check-up. meanwhile, my father too developed knee pains which were so bad that the physiotherapist suggested that we meet a neurologist for him.Therefore i took an appointment with a neurologist for both my parents at hinduja hospital here. my mother came very reluctantly after much coaxing from my son and husband and my dad. the neurologist checked my mother and said to do an MRI scan of the brain immidiately which we did. mother was so scared of the mri machine that she pleaded with the technician to allow me to come into the room and be with her.As she was so terrified , I told her to

close her eyes and think that she is standing in Front of Guruvayurappan in the temple.Poor thing she did just that for the next 45 minutes as she underwent the test.later when she opened her eyes she immidiately told me to book for a 'kalabham chartal ' at Kochu Guruvayur temple here. In fact she wanted it done on Feb 11th her wedding anniversary and i did so.Three days later the neurologist phoned me saying that i should come to the hospital immdiately as the MRI report showed that mum had a brain haemorage.he wanted us to do a CT brain angiogram immediately to decide whether to perform a gamma knife radiation or brain surgery on my mum. i was shocked and could not even react but decided to do the ct scan. Guruvayurappan heard my heartfelt prayers because in the doctors own words -'a miracle had occurred' . there was no trace of the haemorragge in the ct scan'. in fact the neurologist asked us to leave the mri film

and ct film with him to show it at a conference 2 days later to other doctors.we were so overjoyed that i purchased sweets and offered to lord guruvayurappan. there were two family weddings on jan 28th. and my releived mother went out and purchased a costly saree for the occassion.Evening of 28th she planned to go to my son's schhol to watch him get awards for his good performance in ssc exams.however the lord had other plans.my husband and son had gone to the airport on jan 25th at 9.pm, to pick up my mother in law who was coming for 5 days for the marriage.within 15 minutes i received a frantic call from my father that mummy and he have got burnt and to come quickly .i rushed to my parents home which is barely 5 minutes from my house.dad was burnt and bleeding from the brow in his attempt to save mummy whose sari had caught fire.mum too was burnt but she had changed her clothes and was towelling her hair. i

phoned a friend and together we rushed them to a hospital. i was appalled to hear that mum had 70% burns and dad around 20% burns. in a span of 12 hours they were shifted to 4 hospitals and eventually my mother had to be moved to an exclusive burns hospital as doctor felt she had good chances, i looked after dad at one hospital and my sister, my mom at other hospital. she was kept in seclusion as doctor did not want her to catch an infection. she was doing fine but on the 10th day she developed lung infection and was kept on a ventilator. we were allowed to see her and as i sat with her the night i kept praying to lord guruvayurappan to do only whatever he thought best for her.feb 5 th, my mum passed away and feb 11th her wedding anniversary instead of 'kalabham chartal' at temple we were flowing her ashes in the banganga river.Guruvayurappa , only you know why all this has happened.I remember though my mother was on

ventilator she opened her eyes when I reminded her of the kalabham charth. she kept staring at lord guruvayurappan' s photo which i showed her. I trust the lord is personally taking care of her now. My dad's wounds have healed and he is out of hopital . He has resigned himself to fate and we beleive that whatever happened is only a test of our faith in the lord.people all over attended mum 's funeral and helped us . everyone wondered why such a simple caring and selfless person had to meet such a tragic end, but certainly mysterious are the ways of our lord !

Recent Activity

New Members

New FilesVisit Your Group

om namo narayana, Hello Rathi, I found the ISKCON version too much elaborate, I haven't still finished that version because of time constraints but did find another simple Malayalam version which was easy to complete. Pls take this as my personal opinion and I am not really an authority to comment on ISKCON. Regards, Prem http://dharma.indviews.com rathi nair <nair_rathi wrote: om namo narayana!!! i have read about all the stories and understood the importance of reading the chapters of bhagwat gita and also known the importance of some important slokas through this wonderful group. i am really really thankful to all the members who have contributed to make laymen like me understand the importance of sprituality. i have a few questions to ask:- 1)i am reading bhagwat gita which i have purchased from iskcon(bangalore).is it the right book ? 2) what is the difference b/w bhagwat gita and srimad bhagwatam? 3) i live in singapore,whom should i contact here in singapore so that the whole family can learn more about bhagwat gita and can also can give me all the details about spritual living. i am very very keen to know more. kindly help me out . hare krishna!!! regards, rathi "guruvayur "

<guruvayur >guruvayur Sent: Monday, February 19, 2007 6:50:09 PM[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Digest Number 797 Guruvayoor/Guruvayur Messages In This Digest (10 Messages) 1. my introduction sunita kumar 2. Re: OM NAMO NARAYANA geeta anil 3. Highly Motivational sreedhar c.p 4. Re: Narayaneeyam sreedhar c.p 5. Maha Sivaratri sreedhar c.p 6. Re: Fwd: FW: Mathematics of life vinod parayil 7. It’s Not About Living Longer sreedhar c.p 8. Re: New Member Introductions rajan nair 9. Vishnu Sahasranamam Stanza 48 rsunitaa 10. The lord is really mysterious jayashree_662001 View All Topics | Create New Topic Messages 1. my introduction Posted by: "sunita kumar" sunita_pkumar sunita_pkumar Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:52 am (PST) swami saranam,am Mrs. sunita nair from oman......happened to know abt this this site from Mr.Mohandas. ....am not an ardent believer of guruvaayoorappan coz of the discrimantion that is there ......when a VIP is there we poor people r pulled back to give way for the VIP to have darsan...... .in front of god all r equal....... .....but still i like this

group....sunita nair------------ --------- --------- ---Never miss an email again! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it out. Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (1) 2. Re: OM NAMO NARAYANA Posted by: "geeta anil" geetaanilkarthik geetaanilkarthik Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:52 am (PST) Namaste

Sunilji,i am very glad to receive a reply from a guruvayurappan devotee....Yes, We are very very fortunate to have our Ponnu Guruvayurappan nearby. I have read many articles and importance of Bhagavad-Gita by Sarojaji through internet. There are many people who are lucky to learn more and more spiritual knowledge through their Gurus, Parents and Grand Parents... But I am not that fortunate enough... My Daddy is totally ignorant in this field. I did not get an opportunity to stay with my grandparents. Only my mother....it is only because of her that i have understood the importance of spiritual living..We shifted to Dombivili from thane in the year 1982.. Since then till date, my mother never missed Nirmalaya Darshanam of Lord Ponnu Guruvayurappan. Every day she gets up at 4.00 a.m. to attend nirmalyam, later chants Srimad Bhagvatham, Narayaneeyam, Sundarakantham. .... It is only thru her that i developed spiritual importance.I

want to experiance deep knowledge in all spiritual activities. and at the same time i want to train my son in this field.Dear sunilji, can u give me informations on any classes in dombivili where they conduct bhagavad gita classes as well as bhagavatham classes. Its for the sake of my son. He is eigth years old....thanking you,OM NAMO NARAYANAYA Sunil Menon <menon_sunil@ > wrote:Dear Geeta, Welcome to the group. I am sure you will enjoy the company of other Guruvayoorappan devotees. You are in the right place for the intentions you mentioned.We have a few members from Dombivli in the group like Shri Rajuji. Some of us in the group used to live in Dombivli as well. It is always good to hear about Ponnu Guruvayurappan temple. We also have another group for Sanskrit learning taught by our respected Dr. Saroja Ramanujam. If you

are serious about learning Sanskrit and sparing time for the same, you can join the group at http://groups. / group/guru- kulam/Please be active in the group and share your knowledge with all of us.Om Namo Narayanaya:Sunil.geeta anil <geetaanilkarthik@ > wrote: HARI OMI am Mrs.Geetha Anil and am new to this Group. I am a strong devotee of Guruvayurappan. (My Kannan) I came to know of this membership thru internet. I am from Mumbai and i stay at dombivili with my family.I feel that by becoming a member to this holy group and chatting with religious scholars is really a beautiful experiance.Only by registering itself, i feel i am very much closer to my kannan.Will it be possible for me to share all the experiances from

the group.I am born and brought up in Mumbai.. i have attended 2 -3 Bhagavad Saptahams at a Guruvayurappan temple near our house. I cannot explain the experience i had gone thru. I have not learned sanskrit. But i am very very eager to know more and more details of Lord Krishna, importance of Bhagavad Gita., Srimad Bhagvatham.. So that i can atleast impart my knowledge to my little son karthik. I hope my request will be accepted by the honourable members of the Group.Thanking you,Hari OM.GEETHA------------ --------- --------- ---The fish are biting.Get more visitors on your site using Search Marketing.GEETHA------------ --------- --------- ---Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.Try the Mail Beta. Back to top

Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (5) 3. Highly Motivational Posted by: "sreedhar c.p" sreepal20 sreepal20 Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:53 am (PST) Hare Krishna,Once upon a time, there was a bunch of tiny frogs who arranged a running competition.The goal was, to reach the top of a very high tower.A big crowd had gathered around the tower to see the race and cheer on the contestants.The race began....... .Honestly, no one in the crowd really believed that the tiny frogs would reach the top of the

tower.You heard statements such as:"Oh, its way too difficult!"They will never make it to the top" or"Not a chance that they will succeed.The tower is too high!"The tiny frogs started collapsing. One by one......... .Except for those, who in a fresh tempo, were climbing higher and higher.The crowd continued to yell, "It is too difficult. No one will make it."More tiny frogs got tired and gave up.But ONE continued higher and higher and higher.This one wouldn't give up.At the end, everyone else had given up climbing the tower, except for the one tiny frog who, after a big effort, was the only one who reached the top.Then all the other tiny frogs naturally wanted to know how this one frog managed to do it?A contestant asked the tiny frog how he had found the strength to succeed and reach the goal.It turned out that the winner was DEAF........ ....The wisdom of this story is:Never listen to other people's

tendencies to be negative or pessimistic ......because they take your most wonderful dreams and wishes away from you........the ones you have in your heart.Always think of the power, words have.Because everything you read and hear will affect your actions.Therefore:ALWAYS BE POSITIVE!And above all.....Be DEAF when people tell you that you cannot fulfil your dreams.Always think......I can do this.With Love,Sree------------ --------- --------- ---New Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more at the Mail Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes. Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (1) 4. Re: Narayaneeyam Posted by: "sreedhar c.p" sreepal20 sreepal20 Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:53 am (PST) Hare Krishna,Dear KVG,May Kannan Give you all the Vision to fulfull the same.Anything support for the same pl be informed.it is always our Plessure.With Love,Sree"K.V Gopalakrishna" <gopalakrishna. kv (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote: Dear Sunilji,Radhe Krishna!Thank you

immensely for your kind suggestion and offer. So far as money is concerned, Guruvayoorappan had already shown the way and there is no problem. We are considering about the on-line or CD presentation of the whole book. For this also, I am sure, the Lord will send the right thoughts.Shall revert to you after discussions with the other co-authors and members of Trust.Warmest regardsKVG.Sunil Menon wrote: Dear KVG,I agree with you that publication as a book is important, it is notonly relevant for elderly people but everyone who does not have themeans to read it online or does not like to read it on a computer. However, I totally agree with Pravin's suggestion to computerize itand make it easy for people to download/buy online.So, in a ideal scenario we need to have both print form and onlineform. Like the music industry in US, they allow you to buy anddownload songs online or you can buy a

CD, if you like that way. We as group will be glad to help you in whatever way possible to accomplish the publication. If you like to pursue this option, give us an estimate of the money required to publish Narayaneeyam. We can try to contribute as a group and bear part or full of the cost. Please let me know all your thoughts.Om Namo Narayanaya:Sunil. guruvayur@grou ps.com, Chandra Menon<chandrasmenon2002@ ...> wrote:>> Respected G,> I was thinking all these days about this. I am so sorry that Icannot offer any concrete suggestion to Bhaktharanjini Trust and itspublication. I could have offered my help if I were in Bangalore but Iam not. I would like to know if the trust is owned by you alone or anyone else as trustees? Is there any means that it can be registered asa Non Profitable Trust

with additional members so that those inBangalore from our group could take the lead and continue theuninterrupted publications of 2nd and 3rd editions in the days ahead?> I am sorry to learn that your Parayanam of Narayaneeyam was notclear and I hope you would be able to do that in the near future. Ipray Lord Guruvayoorappan for HIS blessings for you to accomplish that. > Chandra Sekharan Menon > > "K.V Gopalakrishna" <gopalakrishna. kv wrote:> Dear Pravinji,> Radhe Krishna!> > Thank you so much for the kind suggestion. I shall discuss itwith my son who manages all the software items, and take help from himto implement your suggestion. But publication in book form is alsonecessary as most of our people, especially those in the 60-80 agerange in our country do not have on-line facilities. > > I tried to record the parayanam, but it was a big din

withoutclarity as we had quite a number of people chanting together. I amthinking of other ways of recording with single voice. Anyway, shallget in touch with you.> > Thanx again and warmest regards> KVG. . > > > hba9331 wrote: Om Namo Narayanya> > Dear Gopalakrishnaji,> > Since I have read this book I know that it is of great value to the > readers, especially those who do not have the strong Sanskrit or > Malayalam background. I would like to make a small suggestion , ie > to make this book available as a E-book at the Narayaneeyam web > page. You would have to check the modalities of getting paid on-line > or despatching the document in pdf format via email or CD disk when > the payment is received at your end. I know these are suggestion the > publishers would not like to entertain, but under the current > circumstances this I

presume is the best alternative. > > Please let us know if you were able to record the parayanam as > planned during the last Ekadasi. > > Kind Regards,> > Pravin>With Love,Sree------------ --------- --------- ---What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Mail Championship. Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (21) 5. Maha Sivaratri Posted by: "sreedhar c.p" sreepal20 sreepal20 Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:54 am (PST) Hare Krishna,For Infom,MAURITIUS, February 11, 2007: (HPI note: Translated from original French.) To mark the beginning of the festivities of Maha Sivaratri, 1,000 families simultaneously offered rituals to Lord Siva at the Swamy Srinivasacharya Badarika Ashramam. Several political personalities were present, including the Prime Minister, Navin Ramgoolam, Lady Sarojini Jugnauth (wife of the President) and Minister Arvin Boolell. It was an unprecedented event in Mauritius to have 1,000 Siva Lingams, symbols representing the God Siva, simultaneously worshipped with water collected from 108 rivers in India by the assembled devotees. Swamy Srinivasacharya Badarika Ashramam is a sociocultural organization

managing a temple dedicated to God Siva in Forest-Side. Unrecognizable to regular visitors, the Ashramam temple was completely sheltered under a huge canopy to accommodate the total of 6,000 guests. Traffic was held up in the area of Forest-Side as 350 police officers diverted cars along the onlyroute which passes through Curepipe. The devotees followed instructions given in several languages over loudspeakers. Priests had come from India to assist.With Love,Sree------------ --------- --------- ---What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Mail Championship. Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (1) 6. Re: Fwd: FW: Mathematics of life Posted by: "vinod parayil" vinodhparayil vinodhparayil Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:55 am (PST) Hi Blagopalji,This is great thanks for share ur knowledge with usbalagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpal (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote:A SMALL TRUTH TO MAKE LIFE 100%IfA B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Zis equal

to1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26Hard WorkH+A+R+D+W+O+ R+K8+1+18+4+23+ 15+18+11 = 98%KnowledgeK+N+O+W+L+E+ D+G+E11+14+15+23+ 12+5+4+7+ 5 = 96%LoveL+O+V+E12+15+22+5 = 54%LuckL+U+C+K12+21+3+11 = 47%( don't most of us think this is the most important??? )Then what makes 100% ?Is it Money ? ... NO ! ! !M+O+N+E+Y13+15+14+5+25 = 72%Leadership ? ... NO ! ! !L+E+A+D+E+R+ S+H+I+P12+5+1+4+5+18+ 19+9+16 = 89%Every problem has a solution, only if we perhapsChange our attitude.To go to the top,to that 100%,what we really need to go further... a bit more...ATTITUDEA+T+T+I+T+U+ D+E1+20+20+9+20+ 21+4+5 = 100%It is OUR ATTITUDE towards Life and Work that makesOUR Life 100% ! ! !ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHINGChange Your Attitude .And You Change Your Life ! ! !------------

--------- --------- ---Here’s a new way to find what you're looking for - Answers Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (7) 7. It’s Not About Living Longer Posted by: "sreedhar c.p" sreepal20 sreepal20 Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:56 am (PST) Hare

Krishna,God Given us an Opportunity to come to the world. We should make utilize it in full potential to reach to the abode of God’s place. How perfection we are irrespective of any works and our thoughts, deeds & values that reflects and show our ways to the God’s place. Of course agree that in this fast paced life we will never get time to think of anything. Enclosed some tips.It’s Not About Living Longer"How to Live Longer." This headline caught my eye today in a newsletter that home office employees regularly receive from our insurance provider. "You need to pay attention," it said, "to all five spheres of wellness"—physical, mental, family and social, spiritual and material. It should have read, "How to Live Better," because the author's advice focused on establishing better priorities, values and lifestyles. But the advice was sound—lives better and you increase your likelihood of living longer. It reminded me of a story I read

recently: A boat docked in a tiny Mexican village. A rich American tourist complimented a local fisherman on the quality of his fish and asked how long it took him to catch them. "Not long," said the Mexican. "So why didn't you stay out longer and catch more?" asked the American. The Mexican explained that his small catch was sufficient for his family's needs. The American asked, "But what do you do with the rest of your time?I sleep late, fish a little, play with my children, and take a siesta with my wife. In the evenings, I go into the village to see my friends, play guitar, sing a few songs. I have a full life." The American interrupted, "Listen, I have a business degree and I can help you make it better! First, start fishing longer every day. Then sell the extra fish you catch, make more money, then buy a bigger boat. The larger boat will bring even more money, and you can buy a second one, a third one and so on until you have a fleet.

And, instead of selling your fish to a middleman, you negotiate directly with the processing plants, maybe even open your own plant. Then you can leave this little village and move to Mexico City, LA or even New York! From there you can direct your huge enterprise!How long would that take?" asked the fisherman. "Maybe 20, 25 years," replied the businessman. "And after that?Oh, then it gets really interesting, " answered the American. "When your business gets really big, you can sell stock and make millions!Millions—wow! Then what?Then...you can retire, live in a village near the coast, sleep late, play with your grandchildren, catch some fish, take siestas and spend your evenings singing with your friends." Good story. Makes you think. Makes you think even longer about what Krishna said about the heart of this issue: "Take heed and beware of covetousness, for one's life does not consist in the abundance of the things he

possesses". Makes you think about the hundreds of other "health tips" God gives in His Word, which is loaded with sound advice for healthy living in all five of those "spheres of wellness." Makes you think about the need to "take heed." The moral is, it's not about living longer, it's about living better.With Love,SreeWith Love,Sree------------ --------- --------- ---All New Mail – Tired of unwanted email come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you. Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (1) 8. Re: New Member Introductions Posted by: "rajan nair"

rajan_k_nair2002 rajan_k_nair2002 Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:59 pm (PST) Om Namo Narayana !!!Dear Sunilji,As desired, I am giving herebelow a brief introductionabout me.I am Rajan, working in Mumbai, hailing from a smallvillage near Trithala in Palakkad District, Kerala. Iam in Mumbai since 1986. I am here with my wife and 9years old daughter.I like everything which is related to GOD KRISHNA. Ivisit Guruvayoor Temple when I go to native placeduring summer vacation. As I live in Dombivli, I tryto visit Ponnu Guruvayoorappan Temple everyday.I see Lord Krishna's face in all GODS. I believe, itis because of HIM what I am.May

God Bless All,Rajan Kinattinkara"--- Sunil Menon <menon_sunil@ > wrote:> Dear Member devotees,> > A few months ago we started requesting all new> members to send us a> brief introduction.> > And recently we started posting such introductions> to the entire> group. However, some of you - not so recent members> - may like> introduce yourself to the entire group.> > So, all of you, please post a brief introduction> like name, place,> profession, interests in Bhakti related matters etc.> (Whatever info> you are comfortable sharing with a public group).> You can send mail to> guruvayur@grou ps.com to have it appear in the> group.> >

Pls write to moderator@guruvayoo r.com, if you have> any other questions.> > Om Namo Narayanaya:> > Sunil.> > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _ India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something newhttp://in.answers. / Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (2) 9. Vishnu Sahasranamam Stanza 48 Posted by: "rsunitaa" rsunitaa rsunitaa Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:59 pm (PST) Om Namo Narayanaya!yajnah ijyo mahejyashcha kratuh satram sataam gatihsarvadarshee vimuktaatmaa sarvajno jnaanamuttamam.445. Yajnah - The Sacrifice. The spirit of the nAma is that He is yaj~na-svarUpi Himself, i.e., He practices yaj~na of the Highest Order. The term yaj~na is nicely explained by the dharma cakram writer. karma binds us to the phala-s deriving from these karma-s; yaj~na releases us from the bondage of karma. In other words, any act that is done without a selfish goal, for the benefit of others and for the benefit of the world, with a spirit of sacrifice, performed without the feeling of "I" associated

with it, and acts done as bhagavad-ArAdhana, these qualify as yaj~na. There is divinity associated with acts which are performed with this spirit. This writer goes on to describe the different types of yaj~na. dravyayaj~na (expending one's earnings for the public good), tapo yaj~na (contemplating and meditating on bhagavAn and diverting all thoughts towards Him), yoga yagj~na (practicing utmost self-control and controlling all five senses and leading a life consistent with conduct guided by this principle), and lastly the greatest of all yaj~na-s - dedicating oneself and one's belongings towards the service of bhagavAn. When we have transformed all our acts so that they are not karma-s devoted to our selfish goals, we have transformed the karma-s to yaj~na. The ultimate yaj~na is when we have offered ourselves as the Ahuti in this yaj~na, i.e., we do everything for His benefit, not for our benefit. Since every one of

bhagavAn's acts is for the benefit of His devotees and nothing is for His own benefit, He is the incarnation of yaj~na. Several references are provided in support of this nAma. SrI BhaTTar refers us to the Sruti - yaj~no vai vishNuh. SrI Sankara extends this interpretation to include bhagavAn's nurturing all the other gods. As yaj~na-svarUpi or sacrifice-bodied, He provides offerings to all gods, thus causing their satisfaction and happiness - sarveshAmdevAnAm tushTi-kArako yaj~na AkAreNa pravartata iti.446. Ijyah -One who is fit to be invoked through yajnas. Lord Narayana is the only one who is being invoked in all yajnas, even when the devotee particularly invokes any other deity. This is revealed in gItA - ye tu anya-devatA bhaktA yajante SraddhayA anvitAh | te'pi mAmeva kaunteya yajanti a-vidhi-pUrvakam || (gItA9.23). SrI BhaTTar also refers us to mahAbhArata - ye yajanti pitR*n devAn brAhamNan sahutASanAn

| sarva bhUtAntarAtmAnam vishNumeva yajanti te || (SAnti355.24) "Those who worship the spirits of their forefathers, the gods, the brahmins as well as agni - they in reality worship only vishNu who is the Inner Soul of all beings". He, being the Infinite, all gods are expressions of His own glory and therefore, irrespective of the deity invoked, all yajnas are worship of Vishnu. SrI Sankara quote the harivamSa to support the same interpretation - ye yajanti makhaih puNyair_devaTAdIn pitR*napi | AtMAnam AtmanA nityam vishNumeva yajanti te || (3.40.27) "Holy sacrifices to divinities and pitR-s are verily adoration of vishNu Himself, who is the Self of all".447. Mahejyah -One who is to be most worshipped. One who most certainly is to be invoked in every ritual because all other devataas invoked during the yajnas can each fulfil the seeker's desires; but to invoke Sri Narayana is to invoke the only Power that can

supply complete liberation for the devotee. Therefore, He is the object of great sacrifice. He is the best object of worship because He alone can give the final liberation from the cycle of samsAra, whereas the other objects of worship can only give the lesser fruits. SrI Sankara bhAshyam is "sarvAsu devatAsumoksha- phala-dAtRtvAt iti mahejyah" – He who, of all deities worshipped is capable of giving moksha. 448. Kratuh -A Yajna in which there is a sacrificial post is Kratu. The Lord is called kratu because He is of the form of such sacrifices [sri Sankara]. SrI BhaTTar: a) Object of worship through the sacrifices called kratu-s. b) He who is behind the actions of everybody or He by whom everything is done. SrI rAdhAkRshNa Sastri points out that among the different types of yAga-s, the type where one uses one's resources to perform a yAga with a definite objective and within a prescribed duration, is called a

kratu. This requires firm dedication, sincere effort, and the firm belief that the desired result will be obtained. Since He is the one worshipped by all these, He is kratuh. Or since He is the personification of all these, He is kratuh.449. Satram - SrI BhaTTar: a) He who is worshipped by the sacrifice called satram. b) He who protects the good people c) He who makes everything go. satram is another type of sacrifice, this one done on an unlimited timescale, devoted to world-welfare, with participation from multitude of people. SrI BhaTTar's vyAkhyAnam is "dIrgha-kAla bahu-yajamAnakamAsa codanA-lakshaNam satram". SrI rAdhAkRshNa Sastri points out that the activity that is commonly undertaken to feed the pilgrims in large numbers in choultries (called Sattiram in tamizh) is an example of this kind of selfless activity where many good people participate for the welfare of a larger community of people. Again

bhagavAn is the object of worship of these activities, and so He is satra-svarUpi. SrI Sankara gives an additional interpretation -He who protects the good -satah trAyati iti sat-tram.450. Sataam gatih - The Goal of the pious. This nAma occurred earlier as nAma 184 - Slokam 20. SrI Sankara bhAshyam is "satAm - mumukshUNAm na-anyA gatih iti satAm-gatih" - The sole support for those who seek liberation. SrI BhaTTar comments that whereas in previous nAma-s, bhagavAn is described as the goal of those who follow the pravRtti-dharma, i.e., dealing with the pleasures and business of the world, this nAma signifies that He is also the goal of those who follow the nivRtti-dharma, i.e., discontinuance of worldly acts or emotions. SrI BhaTTar gives reference to vishNu purANam -nirdhUta dosha-pa~nkAnAm yatInAm samyatAtmanAm | sthAnam tat paramam vipra! puNya-pApa parikshaye || 2.8.94 "O brAhmin! That is the sublime place for

yati-s (i.e., yogins) who have washed off the mire of sins and who control their minds when all their merits and sins have been annihilated" . SrI cinmayAnanda comments that the term gatih in samskRt means both the path and the goal. SrIman nArAyaNa is both the means and the end for the sAdhu-s, and it is only by surrendering to Him that they reach Him.451. Sarvadarshee –The All-Seer. One who, by His innate insight, is able to see all the good and evil actions of living beings. "As He is the pure Consciousness in all living creatures, all knowledge in all beings is illumined by Him. Just as the sun is "the eye of the universe," so the Consciousness is the Illuminator of every- thing. Since He is the antaryAmi in everything, He sees everything even without the awareness of the beings. SrI cinmayAnanda observes that as the Sun is known as the "eye of the Universe", bhagavAn is the Illuminator of everything. SrI

rAdhAkRshNa Sastri points out that He observes everything irrespective of whether we perform what are supposed to perform or we don't perform what we are supposed to perform. The dharma cakram writer summarizes the purport of this nAma by pointing out that when we act with the full realization that He is our Inner Consciousness, and when we act consistent with that, we have understood the meaning of this nAma. This is behind the concept that we should do every act of ours by dedicating it to Him, and not perform any act that is not towards His Will. (AnukUlaya sa~nkalpam,prAtikUl ya varjanam).452. Vimuktaatmaa –"The ever-liberated Self." The Supreme, though He expresses Himself through the equipments, He is never conditioned by the matter envelopments through which He apparently expresses Himself. Just as the waves rise, exist and dissolve in the ocean, the equipments of experiences rise, play and dissolve

themselves in Him. He is ever-liberated, never-shackled by gross matter. This great principle of Paraatmaa is Sri Narayana. -Sruti says (Kathopanishad 5-1). "vimuktas ca vimucyate- Himself free, He liberates others" [sri Sankara]. 453. Sarvajnah –"Omniscient. " He is the Principle of Consciousness and, therefore, He is the Illuminator of all thoughts, all intentions, motives, emotions and all sense perceptions in an individual. The meaning is the same as in Sarvadarsee. One who is all and knows all. "idam sarvam yad ayam atma – all that is seen is Atma" Brih Up 2.4.6 [sri Sankara]. Sri BhaTTar explains that He knows that He is the antaryAmi in everything, and thus He is sarvaj~nah. He knows He is the best dharma, the best means, and the best goal. 454. Jnaanamuttamam –That conciousness which is superior to all, birthless, unlimited by time and space and the cause of all achievements. "The Supreme

Knowledge of all other knowledges." The Self is the Supreme Knowledge, for, without the Consciousness, no knowledge is possible. Taittireeyopanishad indicates the Self as. "Satyam Jnaanam, Anantam Brahma". Krishnarpanamastu! Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (1) 10. The lord is really mysterious Posted by: "jayashree_662001" jayashree_66 jayashree_662001

Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:01 am (PST) Om Namo Narayanaya.I am posting after a long time.Well, the lord kept me very busy from dec 20th onwards. my mother had a terrible fever and as a result lost her memory for a few minutes. My son and me rushed her to a doctor who also happens to be my classmate and friend. she advised us to place mum under observation but my mum was not at all willing coz she hated hospitals considering the fact that since 1992 my father was being hospitalised for one reason or other. so far he has had around 7 different major opertaions and was even completely paralysed once, but due to his sheer willpower overcame even that and then purchased a car and drove it around.my mum has always been a true companion to my father and people in my area always tell that she is a savitri who rescued my father from near death situations by being by his side

during his hospitalisations and reading Narayeenyam. Anyways,we did not admit mother to hospital , but brought her home and followed the medications given by the doctor. I only thought of Lord Guruvayurappan and beleive me, in two days mother was okay and fine and even went out to Kochu Guruvayur Temple at matunga here.But my doctor friend still insisted that i take her to a neurologist for check-up. meanwhile, my father too developed knee pains which were so bad that the physiotherapist suggested that we meet a neurologist for him.Therefore i took an appointment with a neurologist for both my parents at hinduja hospital here. my mother came very reluctantly after much coaxing from my son and husband and my dad. the neurologist checked my mother and said to do an MRI scan of the brain immidiately which we did. mother was so scared of the mri machine that she pleaded with the technician to allow me to come into

the room and be with her.As she was so terrified , I told her to close her eyes and think that she is standing in Front of Guruvayurappan in the temple.Poor thing she did just that for the next 45 minutes as she underwent the test.later when she opened her eyes she immidiately told me to book for a 'kalabham chartal ' at Kochu Guruvayur temple here. In fact she wanted it done on Feb 11th her wedding anniversary and i did so.Three days later the neurologist phoned me saying that i should come to the hospital immdiately as the MRI report showed that mum had a brain haemorage.he wanted us to do a CT brain angiogram immediately to decide whether to perform a gamma knife radiation or brain surgery on my mum. i was shocked and could not even react but decided to do the ct scan. Guruvayurappan heard my heartfelt prayers because in the doctors own words -'a miracle had occurred' . there was no trace of the haemorragge in the

ct scan'. in fact the neurologist asked us to leave the mri film and ct film with him to show it at a conference 2 days later to other doctors.we were so overjoyed that i purchased sweets and offered to lord guruvayurappan. there were two family weddings on jan 28th. and my releived mother went out and purchased a costly saree for the occassion.Evening of 28th she planned to go to my son's schhol to watch him get awards for his good performance in ssc exams.however the lord had other plans.my husband and son had gone to the airport on jan 25th at 9.pm, to pick up my mother in law who was coming for 5 days for the marriage.within 15 minutes i received a frantic call from my father that mummy and he have got burnt and to come quickly .i rushed to my parents home which is barely 5 minutes from my house.dad was burnt and bleeding from the brow in his attempt to save mummy whose sari had caught fire.mum too was burnt

but she had changed her clothes and was towelling her hair. i phoned a friend and together we rushed them to a hospital. i was appalled to hear that mum had 70% burns and dad around 20% burns. in a span of 12 hours they were shifted to 4 hospitals and eventually my mother had to be moved to an exclusive burns hospital as doctor felt she had good chances, i looked after dad at one hospital and my sister, my mom at other hospital. she was kept in seclusion as doctor did not want her to catch an infection. she was doing fine but on the 10th day she developed lung infection and was kept on a ventilator. we were allowed to see her and as i sat with her the night i kept praying to lord guruvayurappan to do only whatever he thought best for her.feb 5 th, my mum passed away and feb 11th her wedding anniversary instead of 'kalabham chartal' at temple we were flowing her ashes in the banganga river.Guruvayurappa , only you know

why all this has happened.I remember though my mother was on ventilator she opened her eyes when I reminded her of the kalabham charth. she kept staring at lord guruvayurappan' s photo which i showed her. I trust the lord is personally taking care of her now. My dad's wounds have healed and he is out of hopital . He has resigned himself to fate and we beleive that whatever happened is only a test of our faith in the lord.people all over attended mum 's funeral and helped us . everyone wondered why such a simple caring and selfless person had to meet such a tragic end, but certainly mysterious are the ways of our lord ! Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (1) Recent

Activity 6 New Members 6 New FilesVisit Your Group

Rathiji - Hare Krishna! Please find my comments below in blue italics.rathi nair <nair_rathi wrote: i have a few questions to ask:- 1)i am reading bhagwat gita which i have purchased from iskcon(bangalore).is it the right book ? ~If you ask my opinion,

I assure you that Krishna has guided you correctly and you have purchased the right book. Srila Prabhupada's Bhagavad-Gita As It Is, explains the details very nicely and I request you to please go through the purports slowly and everything will be crsytal clear. Please do not be in a hurry to complete the book. 2) what is the difference b/w bhagwat gita and srimad bhagwatam? ~This is a nice question. Bhagavad-Gita is a part of Mahabharat and is told by Krishna to Arjuna in the battlefield of Kurukshetra. Srimad-Bhagavatam is told by Shukadeva Gosvami to Parikshit Maharaja (grandson of Arjuna) when Parikshit Maharaja comes to know that he has only seven days left to live in the material world. Bhagavad-Gita contains the instructions of Krishna and Srimad-Bhagavatam mainly deals with the pastimes of Krishna and His numerous incarnations. 3) i live in singapore,whom should i contact here in singapore so that the whole family can learn more about bhagwat gita and can also can give me all the details about spritual living. ~I have got a web-address for you in which you will get the details of a Krishna temple in Singapore. Please find it below: http://www.krsnamandir.org.sg/main.aspx i am very very keen to know more. ~ It's indeed a great fortune that you are so much interested to know about Krishna consciousness. This indeed is the goal of the human form of life. Hope this helps. Hare Krishna! Wish you all the best. ~Krishnadasa.

Be a PS3 game guru.Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at Games.