IndiaDivine.org

NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CHANNEL

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Somehow I couldn't digest that the person who is involved in making this documentary is an indian. I tried to see any snippet online, but there is no way. So I cannot comment on that. First we should correct ourselves, that is what I feel. We are showing it, rather NGC is showing. I copied the link where I got the info for the programme which is telecast.

We always exposed our selves wrongly, since the person doesn't know anything about it. So whatever he knows, will try to rub on others.

----------

http://www.nationalgeographic.co.in/watch/program_details.aspx?id_program=4963

1.00pm INDyeah: The Great Indian Witch HuntA darkness has descended on the tribal belts of India. Desperate villagers are heading out on witch-hunts, and women suspected of witchcraft are being beaten and murdered. Heads are turning up at police stations. Nobody knows when this madness will end or why it ever began. Follow journalist Sohaila Kapur as she seeks out the accusers and the accused to find the causes behind the suspicions and the hunts. And descend into the world of witchcraft to meet sorcerers practicing their craft.-------

Sreenivas

-

"Indian Institute of Scientific Heritage" <iishdb

<karolsp

Sunday, February 25, 2007 11:40 AM

NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CHANNEL

Dear friends REACT AND PROTEST SHARPELY AGAINST THE WRECHED AIMS OF TARNISHING INDIAN CULTURE BY NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC TV CHANNELOn 24th February, 2006 from 8.00 PM (Indian time), National Geographic Television Channel telecasted negative show against Indian culture on 'Black magic and which hunting' as though it is existing in Indian culture. This is nothing to do with Indian dharma and heritage . Taking the pictures of few ladies and men who are drug addicts, terribly derogatory, defaming and maligning show against our culture was telecasted. It is being continuously telecasted by NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CHANNEL for many times on various subjects. World over thinkers, scholars and scientists are unanimously welcoming the great Indian heritage while The National Geographic TV Channel is the only channel spreading these negatives cruelly tarnishing and creating a wrong impression against Indian culture.Send your protest to comments and inform them that Indians are not the generations of those who cruelly massacred/ hanged /burnt alive 60,000 poor innocent women (in the WEST) in the name of witch hunting and supporting god ( the number from Encyclopedia Britannica - 2004 edn, under "witchcraft") this number is only a small part of the historians' number of 2 million innocent women killed in the name of god /priesthood / clergy based on the message from Exodus 22:10 "though shall not suffer a witch to live" in the west "in the name of god they found it desirable and salutary to plunge countless innocents into the darkest abysses of human cruelty. No other religion ever cultivated such heights of perversity" (Malleus maleficarum) We proud Indians and our forefathers were/ are holy, scientific and rational for the last ten thousand years. This type of cooked up recorded TV materials against Indian culture are being telecasted many times by NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CHANNEL. We protest strongly and request them to stop these negatives. You cannot kill Indian culture and spread your thoughts here.Dr. N. Gopalakrishnan