IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Trespassing Age old traditions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hare Krishna, This is why Hindus will be ridiculed, why conversions take place etc. I think it is time we make Hinduism a universal religion barring caste, color and creed... Pranams, Prem http://dharma.indviews.com "sreedhar c.p" <sreepal20 wrote: Hare Krishna, PURI, INDIA, March 3, 2007: After more than 18 hours of debate, the food cooked for approximately 7,000 devotees at Puri's Jagannath Temple was thrown away on Friday. A number of priests had insisted

the prasadam (food blessed by the Deity) be discarded because it had been defiled by the entry of an American non-Hindu into the temple. The mahaprasad that went to waste was estimated to be worth around US$6,800.The throwing away of such a huge quantity of food coincided with police confirming that the US national, Paul Roediger, had managed to gain entry through a temple priest. On Thursday, priests suddenly noticed a white man near the sanctum sanctorum, infamous for barring entry to Thai princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn in 2005."People enter in groups and there is always the possibility of someone sneaking in," said temple administrator, Suresh Mohapatra. Police detained Mr. Roediger, who is 59, for five hours for allegedly violating the age-old temple tradition which bars non-Hindus, especially those who consume "objectionable food," from entering the shrine. Puri police said no case has been registered because there is no law under which Mr. Roediger

can be charged. "Since there is no law to punish Roediger, the temple administration asked him to pay $5.00 for the mahasnana (purification ritual)," the police said. With Love, Sree Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Mail - quick, easy and free. Do it now...

No need to miss a message. Get email on-the-go with Mail for Mobile. Get started.

Guest guest

Radhe Krishna!

You think that way. I think that way. But the bigoted temple

administration and the Gurus should change their attitude. How to

make them do that? This the thought that is plaguing most of us.

Possibly they would have had some doubts about somebody poisoning the

food ?

Regards

KVG.

prem wrote:

Hare Krishna,

This is why Hindus will be ridiculed, why conversions take place

etc. I think it is time we make Hinduism a universal religion barring

caste, color and creed...

Pranams,

Prem

http://dharma.indviews.com

"sreedhar c.p" <sreepal20 > wrote:

Hare

Krishna,

PURI,

INDIA, March 3, 2007: After more than 18 hours of debate, the food

cooked for approximately 7,000 devotees at Puri's Jagannath Temple was

thrown away on Friday. A number of priests had insisted the prasadam

(food blessed by the Deity) be discarded because it had been defiled by

the entry of an American non-Hindu into the temple. The mahaprasad that

went to waste was estimated to be worth around US$6,800.

The throwing away of such a huge quantity of food coincided with police

confirming that the US national, Paul Roediger, had managed to gain

entry through a temple priest. On Thursday, priests suddenly noticed a

white man near the sanctum sanctorum, infamous for barring entry to

Thai princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn in 2005.

"People enter in groups and there is always the possibility of someone

sneaking in," said temple administrator, Suresh Mohapatra. Police

detained Mr. Roediger, who is 59, for five hours for allegedly

violating the age-old temple tradition which bars non-Hindus,

especially those who consume "objectionable food," from entering the

shrine. Puri police said no case has been registered because there is

no law under which Mr. Roediger can be charged. "Since there is no law

to punish Roediger, the temple administration asked him to pay $5.00

for the mahasnana (purification ritual)," the police said.

With

Love,

Sree

Copy addresses and emails from any email account to

Mail - quick, easy and free. Do

it now...

No need to miss a message. Get

email on-the-go

with Mail for Mobile. Get

started.

Guest guest

HARI AUM

If ignorance is darkness then light and illumination

are knowledge.

As we spread light to remove darkness we need to

spread knowledge to remove ignorance.

The rituals still remain outside the purview of any

serious deliberations. If one can decipher the 'whys'

and 'dos' and 'donts' of such actions performed since

long, one should be able to clear the cobwebs.

We can start here and now by encouraging those of us

who know anything about the 'rituals' and reasons

behind them by posting in this group. We can also

initiate a discussion, collect the suggestions and

pass it to the 'authorities'

There isn't anything which will not submit to

perseverance.

Change will happen if only we develop an attitude for

it.

I repeat what our Bhagavan said:

'klaibhyam ma sma gamaha partha naithat upapadhyathe

shudram hrudayadaurbhalyam thyaktho uththishta

bharata'

--- " K.V Gopalakrishna " <gopalakrishna.kv

wrote:

Radhe Krishna!

You think that way. I think that way. But the

bigoted templeadministration and the Gurus should

change their attitude. How tomake them do that?

This the thought that is plaguing most of us.

Possibly they would have had some doubts about

somebody poisoning thefood ?

Regards

KVG.

prem wrote: Hare Krishna,

This is why Hindus will be ridiculed, why

conversions take placeetc. I think it is time we make

Hinduism a universal religion barringcaste, color and

creed...

Pranams,

Prem

http://dharma.indviews.com

" sreedhar c.p " <sreepal20 wrote:

HareKrishna,

PURI,INDIA, March 3, 2007: After more than 18

hours of debate, the foodcooked for approximately

7,000 devotees at Puri's Jagannath Temple wasthrown

away on Friday. A number of priests had insisted the

prasadam(food blessed by the Deity) be discarded

because it had been defiled bythe entry of an American

non-Hindu into the temple. The mahaprasad thatwent to

waste was estimated to be worth around US$6,800.

The throwing away of such a huge quantity of food

coincided with policeconfirming that the US national,

Paul Roediger, had managed to gainentry through a

temple priest. On Thursday, priests suddenly noticed

awhite man near the sanctum sanctorum, infamous for

barring entry toThai princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn

in 2005.

" People enter in groups and there is always the

possibility of someonesneaking in, " said temple

administrator, Suresh Mohapatra. Policedetained Mr.

Roediger, who is 59, for five hours for

allegedlyviolating the age-old temple tradition which

bars non-Hindus,especially those who consume

" objectionable food, " from entering theshrine. Puri

police said no case has been registered because there

isno law under which Mr. Roediger can be charged.

" Since there is no lawto punish Roediger, the temple

administration asked him to pay $5.00for the mahasnana

(purification ritual), " the police said.

WithLove,

Sree

Copy addresses and emails from any email account

to Mail - quick, easy and free. Doit now...

No need to miss a message. Getemail on-the-go

with Mail for Mobile. Getstarted.

________

India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something new

http://in.answers./

Guest guest

The Prasadam went to waste, Which costs $6,800. (If the Temple Administration announced that is not having the divinity of prasadam because of the entry of a non-hindu and if they had distributed as a normal food to any orphanage or poors outside the temple that may become great.) But this is not to drop just like that. They are preventing our temples from entry of Non-Hindus. Which is right action. We shold prevent. The temple is being a property of all hindus, we are free to talk about. But the non-hindus and other non-belivers are not having any right to express their view on this issue. We hiondus should feel the tresspasing is happened in our house and the criminal is molesting our kid. Then can we adjust to the nature. Dont take anything as easy. Hindus and Hindu temples are the Targets of others. To be a hindu you should

protect your values. Its our Dharma. Silly excuses are damaging our values and traditions. Being much liberal does not makes much sense. I felt, that we hindus only want to get rid of the tradition, because of we dont feel the value for our self too. "K.V Gopalakrishna" <gopalakrishna.kv wrote: Radhe Krishna!You think that way. I think that way. But the bigoted temple

administration and the Gurus should change their attitude. How to make them do that? This the thought that is plaguing most of us. Possibly they would have had some doubts about somebody poisoning the food ?RegardsKVG.prem wrote: Hare Krishna, This is why Hindus will be ridiculed, why conversions take place etc. I think it is time we make Hinduism a universal religion barring caste, color and creed... Pranams, Prem http://dharma.indviews.com "sreedhar c.p" <sreepal20 > wrote: Hare Krishna, PURI, INDIA, March 3, 2007: After more than 18 hours of debate, the food cooked for approximately 7,000 devotees at Puri's Jagannath Temple was thrown away on Friday. A number of priests had insisted the prasadam (food blessed by the Deity) be discarded because it had been defiled by the entry of an American non-Hindu into the temple. The mahaprasad that went to waste was estimated to be worth around US$6,800.The throwing away of such a huge quantity of food coincided with police confirming that the US national, Paul Roediger, had managed to gain entry through a temple priest. On Thursday, priests suddenly noticed a white man near the sanctum sanctorum, infamous for barring entry to Thai princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn in 2005."People enter in groups and there is always the possibility of someone

sneaking in," said temple administrator, Suresh Mohapatra. Police detained Mr. Roediger, who is 59, for five hours for allegedly violating the age-old temple tradition which bars non-Hindus, especially those who consume "objectionable food," from entering the shrine. Puri police said no case has been registered because there is no law under which Mr. Roediger can be charged. "Since there is no law to punish Roediger, the temple administration asked him to pay $5.00 for the mahasnana (purification ritual)," the police said. With Love, Sree Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Mail - quick, easy and free. Do it now... No need to miss a message. Get email on-the-go with Mail for Mobile. Get started.

Looking for earth-friendly autos? Browse Top Cars by "Green Rating" at Autos' Green Center.

Guest guest

Ohm Narayanaya Namah With respect to my G and the rest, I would like to add my own feelings to this topic. The entry of an American to a Hindu temple is the subject. Having lived in this country I have met few White Americans who value Hindu Dharma more than many of the Indian Hindus born to Hindu parents. These American Hindus know more Hindu Dharma than what I know myself. By birth one may be a Hindu and by adoption also one can be a Hindu. May be the American who entered the Jagannath Temple at Puri is a Hindu and practices Hindu Dharma and wanted to learn more. I too would not like anyone to intrude into my house which is a private property, and molest my daughter or even my own wife and I would do anything to prevent that. But a temple is a public place and one should treat it like that. We all still believe the centuries old belief that Sun rises in the east and sets

in the west. But the fact is, we all know, that Sun does not rises nor sets but the Earth rotates itself and goes around the Sun with all the moving and non-moving objects. Do we thank mother Earth for this generosity of a FREE travel around the SUN once a year? The world has changed a lot. We have to blend our Dharma to the present day needs for the betterment of humanities and not to fight against others. By creating a firewall we will be safe but ruin our own Dharma and prevent its spreading and its values to others. If water is added to milk, the water also acquire the color and called milk although of a poor quality. I am not a scholar to touch the topic but what I felt I am letting it out. When standing face to face, -opposing each other in every respect- ones left is the others right and there is no point in arguing which is right or left. If we all face in one direction then there will

not be a problem. If all accept that GOD is one and only one with different names then we have no problem. But will that day arrive? I believe that day is not far off. Pizhayaakilum pizhakedaakilum thiruvullam kaniyuka en Bhagavane. Ohm Narayanaya Namah Chandra Sekharan Menon GOPI NAIR <gopi_nair37 wrote: The Prasadam went to waste, Which costs $6,800. (If the Temple Administration announced that

is not having the divinity of prasadam because of the entry of a non-hindu and if they had distributed as a normal food to any orphanage or poors outside the temple that may become great.) But this is not to drop just like that. They are preventing our temples from entry of Non-Hindus. Which is right action. We shold prevent. The temple is being a property of all hindus, we are free to talk about. But the non-hindus and other non-belivers are not having any right to express their view on this issue. We hiondus should feel the tresspasing is happened in our house and the criminal is molesting our kid. Then can we adjust to the nature. Dont take anything as easy. Hindus and Hindu temples are the Targets of others. To be a hindu you should protect your values. Its our Dharma. Silly excuses are damaging our values

and traditions. Being much liberal does not makes much sense. I felt, that we hindus only want to get rid of the tradition, because of we dont feel the value for our self too. "K.V Gopalakrishna" <gopalakrishna.kv > wrote: Radhe Krishna!You think that way. I think that way. But the bigoted temple administration and the Gurus should change their attitude. How to make them do that? This the thought that is plaguing most of us. Possibly they would have had some doubts about somebody poisoning the food ?RegardsKVG.prem wrote: Hare Krishna, This is why Hindus will be ridiculed, why conversions take place etc. I think it is time we make Hinduism a universal religion barring caste, color and creed... Pranams, Prem http://dharma.indviews.com "sreedhar c.p" <sreepal20 > wrote: Hare Krishna, PURI, INDIA, March 3, 2007: After more than 18 hours of debate, the food cooked for approximately 7,000 devotees at Puri's Jagannath Temple was thrown away on Friday. A number of priests had insisted the prasadam (food blessed by the Deity) be discarded because

it had been defiled by the entry of an American non-Hindu into the temple. The mahaprasad that went to waste was estimated to be worth around US$6,800.The throwing away of such a huge quantity of food coincided with police confirming that the US national, Paul Roediger, had managed to gain entry through a temple priest. On Thursday, priests suddenly noticed a white man near the sanctum sanctorum, infamous for barring entry to Thai princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn in 2005."People enter in groups and there is always the possibility of someone sneaking in," said temple administrator, Suresh Mohapatra. Police detained Mr. Roediger, who is 59, for five hours for allegedly violating the age-old temple tradition which bars non-Hindus, especially those who consume "objectionable food," from entering the shrine. Puri police said no case has been registered because there is no law under which Mr. Roediger can be charged. "Since there is no law to punish Roediger, the

temple administration asked him to pay $5.00 for the mahasnana (purification ritual)," the police said. With Love, Sree Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Mail - quick, easy and free. Do it now... No need to miss a message. Get email on-the-go with Mail for Mobile. Get started. Looking for earth-friendly autos? Browse Top Cars by "Green Rating" at Autos' Green Center.

Guest guest

Krishnaa.. Guruvayoorappa...

While the incident at Puri is regrettable, not all stories about

westerners entering Hindu temples end with bad results.

Jon (also spelled John) Higgins, an American who went to India to

study Carnatic music on a Fulbright scholarship, went to Udipi

Krishna temple and was denied entry. Here, is the rest of the story

(source: http://www.indiangyan.com/clinton/arts_festivals.htm):

" A party of musicians, Jon among them, went to Udipi to see the

Krishna temple. The American wore a dhoti and a kurta as was his

custom in Madras . . . but he was much too fair complexioned to be

an Indian, and the priests would not let him enter the temple.... So

Jon stood where Kanakadasa the untouchable had stood centuries ago,

to catch a glimpse of the idol from a distance as best he could.

His musician friends stood with him, refusing to go inside the

temple if Jon was not allowed. Then it occurred to one of them to

ask Jon to sing the famous song, " Krishna, nee begane baro, " a

composition in Kannada.... When the air was filled with the vibrant

melody of his splendid voice there was no keeping away the crowds

that gathered around to hear him. The priests, astonished, begged

the singer to come in, and what Kanakadasa could not achieve, the

foreigner did. "

Music, it seems, can not only tame the beast, but also tame

bigotry.

Mr. Higgins' rendition of " Krishna Nee Begane Baaro " can be found at

http://www.musicindiaonline.com. (

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/p/x/3UQ2hH5xtS.As1NMvHdW/)

Unfortunately, Mr. Higgins is no longer with us, as he was killed in

an auto accident when he was in his forties.

Mr. Higgins sang other well-known Carnatic songs as well. Carnatic

music afficionados in the group can email me if you are interested

in some of his songs.

- Ravi

guruvayur , Chandra Menon

<chandrasmenon2002 wrote:

>

> Ohm Narayanaya Namah

> With respect to my G and the rest, I would like to add my own

feelings to this topic.

> The entry of an American to a Hindu temple is the subject.

> Having lived in this country I have met few White Americans who

value Hindu Dharma more than many of the Indian Hindus born to Hindu

parents. These American Hindus know more Hindu Dharma than what I

know myself. By birth one may be a Hindu and by adoption also one

can be a Hindu. May be the American who entered the Jagannath Temple

at Puri is a Hindu and practices Hindu Dharma and wanted to learn

more.

> I too would not like anyone to intrude into my house which is a

private property, and molest my daughter or even my own wife and I

would do anything to prevent that. But a temple is a public place

and one should treat it like that.

> We all still believe the centuries old belief that Sun rises in

the east and sets in the west.

> But the fact is, we all know, that Sun does not rises nor sets

but the Earth rotates itself and goes around the Sun with all the

moving and non-moving objects. Do we thank mother Earth for this

generosity of a FREE travel around the SUN once a year?

> The world has changed a lot. We have to blend our Dharma to the

present day needs for the betterment of humanities and not to fight

against others. By creating a firewall we will be safe but ruin our

own Dharma and prevent its spreading and its values to others.

> If water is added to milk, the water also acquire the color and

called milk although of a poor quality.

> I am not a scholar to touch the topic but what I felt I am

letting it out.

> When standing face to face, -opposing each other in every

respect- ones left is the others right and there is no point in

arguing which is right or left. If we all face in one direction then

there will not be a problem. If all accept that GOD is one and only

one with different names then we have no problem. But will that day

arrive? I believe that day is not far off.

> Pizhayaakilum pizhakedaakilum thiruvullam kaniyuka en Bhagavane.

> Ohm Narayanaya Namah

> Chandra Sekharan Menon

>

> GOPI NAIR <gopi_nair37 wrote:

> The Prasadam went to waste, Which costs $6,800. (If

the Temple Administration announced that is not having the divinity

of prasadam because of the entry of a non-hindu and if they had

distributed as a normal food to any orphanage or poors outside the

temple that may become great.)

>

> But this is not to drop just like that. They are preventing our

temples from entry of Non-Hindus. Which is right action. We shold

prevent.

>

> The temple is being a property of all hindus, we are free to

talk about. But the non-hindus and other non-belivers are not having

any right to express their view on this issue.

>

> We hiondus should feel the tresspasing is happened in our house

and the criminal is molesting our kid. Then can we adjust to the

nature. Dont take anything as easy.

>

> Hindus and Hindu temples are the Targets of others. To be a

hindu you should protect your values. Its our Dharma.

>

> Silly excuses are damaging our values and traditions. Being much

liberal does not makes much sense.

>

> I felt, that we hindus only want to get rid of the tradition,

because of we dont feel the value for our self too.

>

>

>

> " K.V Gopalakrishna " <gopalakrishna.kv wrote:

> Radhe Krishna!

> You think that way. I think that way. But the bigoted temple

administration and the Gurus should change their attitude. How to

make them do that? This the thought that is plaguing most of us.

>

> Possibly they would have had some doubts about somebody poisoning

the food ?

> Regards

> KVG.

>

>

> prem wrote: Hare Krishna,

>

> This is why Hindus will be ridiculed, why conversions take place

etc. I think it is time we make Hinduism a universal religion

barring caste, color and creed...

>

> Pranams,

> Prem

> http://dharma.indviews.com

>

>

> " sreedhar c.p " <sreepal20 wrote:

> Hare Krishna,

>

> PURI, INDIA, March 3, 2007: After more than 18 hours of debate,

the food cooked for approximately 7,000 devotees at Puri's Jagannath

Temple was thrown away on Friday. A number of priests had insisted

the prasadam (food blessed by the Deity) be discarded because it had

been defiled by the entry of an American non-Hindu into the temple.

The mahaprasad that went to waste was estimated to be worth around

US$6,800.

>

> The throwing away of such a huge quantity of food coincided with

police confirming that the US national, Paul Roediger, had managed

to gain entry through a temple priest. On Thursday, priests suddenly

noticed a white man near the sanctum sanctorum, infamous for barring

entry to Thai princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn in 2005.

>

> " People enter in groups and there is always the possibility of

someone sneaking in, " said temple administrator, Suresh Mohapatra.

Police detained Mr. Roediger, who is 59, for five hours for

allegedly violating the age-old temple tradition which bars non-

Hindus, especially those who consume " objectionable food, " from

entering the shrine. Puri police said no case has been registered

because there is no law under which Mr. Roediger can be

charged. " Since there is no law to punish Roediger, the temple

administration asked him to pay $5.00 for the mahasnana

(purification ritual), " the police said.

>

> With Love,

> Sree

>

>

>

> Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Mail -

quick, easy and free. Do it now...

>

>

>

>

> No need to miss a message. Get email on-the-go

> with Mail for Mobile. Get started.

> Looking for earth-friendly autos?

> Browse Top Cars by " Green Rating " at Autos' Green Center.

>

Guest guest

Cardianal Heenan, once said as a reply to the question about catholics and protestants fighting in Ireland, tht the distinction nowadays should not be between catholics and protestants but between believers and nonbelievers.I would like to say the same regarding the hindus and non hindus.All are the same in front of God , who creted all beings . There is no separate God for Hindus and another for nonhindus.Who are we to say who should worship Him in a particular form and who should not!But if this precaution is taken as a measure of security in these troubled times that is another question.But to throw away the food prepared for the poor just because a nonhindu entered the temple defies all reason. saroaramanujam73U029 <rkk1984 wrote: Krishnaa.. Guruvayoorappa...While the incident at Puri is regrettable, not all stories about westerners entering Hindu temples end with bad results. Jon (also spelled John) Higgins, an American who went to India to study Carnatic music on a Fulbright scholarship, went to Udipi Krishna temple and was denied entry. Here, is the rest of the story (source: http://www.indiangyan.com/clinton/arts_festivals.htm):"A party of musicians, Jon among them, went to Udipi to see the Krishna temple. The American wore a dhoti and a kurta as was his custom in Madras . . . but he was much too fair

complexioned to be an Indian, and the priests would not let him enter the temple.... So Jon stood where Kanakadasa the untouchable had stood centuries ago, to catch a glimpse of the idol from a distance as best he could. His musician friends stood with him, refusing to go inside the temple if Jon was not allowed. Then it occurred to one of them to ask Jon to sing the famous song, "Krishna, nee begane baro," a composition in Kannada.... When the air was filled with the vibrant melody of his splendid voice there was no keeping away the crowds that gathered around to hear him. The priests, astonished, begged the singer to come in, and what Kanakadasa could not achieve, the foreigner did."Music, it seems, can not only tame the beast, but also tame bigotry. Mr. Higgins' rendition of "Krishna Nee Begane Baaro" can be found at http://www.musicindiaonline.com. (http://www.musicindiaonline.com/p/x/3UQ2hH5xtS.As1NMvHdW/)Unfortunately, Mr. Higgins is no longer with us, as he was killed in an auto accident when he was in his forties. Mr. Higgins sang other well-known Carnatic songs as well. Carnatic music afficionados in the group can email me if you are interested in some of his songs. - Raviguruvayur , Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002 wrote:>> Ohm Narayanaya Namah> With respect to my G and the rest, I would like to add my own feelings to this topic.> The entry of an American to a Hindu temple is the subject. > Having lived in this country I have met few White Americans who

value Hindu Dharma more than many of the Indian Hindus born to Hindu parents. These American Hindus know more Hindu Dharma than what I know myself. By birth one may be a Hindu and by adoption also one can be a Hindu. May be the American who entered the Jagannath Temple at Puri is a Hindu and practices Hindu Dharma and wanted to learn more. > I too would not like anyone to intrude into my house which is a private property, and molest my daughter or even my own wife and I would do anything to prevent that. But a temple is a public place and one should treat it like that. > We all still believe the centuries old belief that Sun rises in the east and sets in the west.> But the fact is, we all know, that Sun does not rises nor sets but the Earth rotates itself and goes around the Sun with all the moving and non-moving objects. Do we thank mother Earth for this generosity of a FREE travel around the SUN

once a year?> The world has changed a lot. We have to blend our Dharma to the present day needs for the betterment of humanities and not to fight against others. By creating a firewall we will be safe but ruin our own Dharma and prevent its spreading and its values to others. > If water is added to milk, the water also acquire the color and called milk although of a poor quality.> I am not a scholar to touch the topic but what I felt I am letting it out. > When standing face to face, -opposing each other in every respect- ones left is the others right and there is no point in arguing which is right or left. If we all face in one direction then there will not be a problem. If all accept that GOD is one and only one with different names then we have no problem. But will that day arrive? I believe that day is not far off. > Pizhayaakilum pizhakedaakilum thiruvullam kaniyuka en Bhagavane.> Ohm

Narayanaya Namah> Chandra Sekharan Menon > > GOPI NAIR <gopi_nair37 wrote:> The Prasadam went to waste, Which costs $6,800. (If the Temple Administration announced that is not having the divinity of prasadam because of the entry of a non-hindu and if they had distributed as a normal food to any orphanage or poors outside the temple that may become great.)> > But this is not to drop just like that. They are preventing our temples from entry of Non-Hindus. Which is right action. We shold prevent.> > The temple is being a property of all hindus, we are free to talk about. But the non-hindus and other non-belivers are not having any right to express their view on this issue.> > We hiondus should feel the tresspasing is happened in our house and the criminal is molesting our kid. Then can we adjust to the nature. Dont take anything as easy.>

> Hindus and Hindu temples are the Targets of others. To be a hindu you should protect your values. Its our Dharma.> > Silly excuses are damaging our values and traditions. Being much liberal does not makes much sense.> > I felt, that we hindus only want to get rid of the tradition, because of we dont feel the value for our self too.> > > > "K.V Gopalakrishna" <gopalakrishna.kv wrote:> Radhe Krishna!> You think that way. I think that way. But the bigoted temple administration and the Gurus should change their attitude. How to make them do that? This the thought that is plaguing most of us. > > Possibly they would have had some doubts about somebody poisoning the food ?> Regards> KVG.> > > prem wrote: Hare Krishna,> > This is why Hindus will be ridiculed, why conversions take place etc. I

think it is time we make Hinduism a universal religion barring caste, color and creed...> > Pranams,> Prem> http://dharma.indviews.com> > > "sreedhar c.p" <sreepal20 wrote:> Hare Krishna,> > PURI, INDIA, March 3, 2007: After more than 18 hours of debate, the food cooked for approximately 7,000 devotees at Puri's Jagannath Temple was thrown away on Friday. A number of priests had insisted the prasadam (food blessed by the Deity) be discarded because it had been defiled by the entry of an American non-Hindu into the temple. The mahaprasad that went to waste was estimated to be worth around US$6,800.> > The throwing away of such a huge quantity of food coincided with police confirming that the US national, Paul Roediger, had managed to gain entry through a temple priest. On Thursday, priests

suddenly noticed a white man near the sanctum sanctorum, infamous for barring entry to Thai princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn in 2005.> > "People enter in groups and there is always the possibility of someone sneaking in," said temple administrator, Suresh Mohapatra. Police detained Mr. Roediger, who is 59, for five hours for allegedly violating the age-old temple tradition which bars non-Hindus, especially those who consume "objectionable food," from entering the shrine. Puri police said no case has been registered because there is no law under which Mr. Roediger can be charged. "Since there is no law to punish Roediger, the temple administration asked him to pay $5.00 for the mahasnana (purification ritual)," the police said.> > With Love,> Sree> > > > Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Mail

-quick, easy and free. Do it now... > > > > > No need to miss a message. Get email on-the-go > with Mail for Mobile. Get started. > > > > > > > > Looking for earth-friendly autos? > Browse Top Cars by "Green Rating" at Autos' Green Center.> Dr. Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit. web address: http://www.geocities.com/sarojram18 http://freewebs.com/gitaclass

Finding fabulous fares is fun.Let FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight and hotel bargains.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!!! Yes, some call their parents 'achan & amma' (in Malayalam), 'appa & amma' (in Tamil), 'maa & baap' (in Hindia), 'mummy & daddy" (in this modern era). Howsoever it may be, parents remain parents and they know that all children are their own children. As regards wasting food, it is out of sheer ignorance. May God Bless them with proper discriminative power. Hare Krishna!!! Saroja Ramanujam <sarojram18 wrote: Cardianal Heenan, once said as a reply to the question about catholics and protestants fighting in Ireland, tht the distinction nowadays should not be between catholics and protestants but between believers and nonbelievers.I would like to say the same regarding the hindus and non hindus.All are the same in front of God , who creted all beings . There is no separate God for Hindus and another for nonhindus.Who are we to say who should worship Him in a particular form and who should not!But if this precaution is taken as a measure of security in these troubled times that is another question.But to throw away the food prepared for the poor just because a nonhindu entered the temple defies all reason. saroaramanujam73U029 <rkk1984 (AT) hotmail (DOT) com> wrote: Krishnaa.. Guruvayoorappa...While the incident at Puri is regrettable, not all stories about westerners entering Hindu temples end with bad results. Jon (also spelled John) Higgins, an American who went to India to study Carnatic music on a Fulbright scholarship, went to Udipi Krishna temple and was denied entry. Here, is the rest of the story (source: http://www.indiangyan.com/clinton/arts_festivals.htm):"A party of musicians, Jon among them, went to Udipi to see the Krishna temple. The American wore a dhoti and a kurta as was his custom in Madras . . . but he was much too fair complexioned to be an Indian, and the priests would not let him enter the temple.... So Jon stood where Kanakadasa the untouchable had stood centuries ago, to catch a glimpse of the idol from a distance as

best he could. His musician friends stood with him, refusing to go inside the temple if Jon was not allowed. Then it occurred to one of them to ask Jon to sing the famous song, "Krishna, nee begane baro," a composition in Kannada.... When the air was filled with the vibrant melody of his splendid voice there was no keeping away the crowds that gathered around to hear him. The priests, astonished, begged the singer to come in, and what Kanakadasa could not achieve, the foreigner did."Music, it seems, can not only tame the beast, but also tame bigotry. Mr. Higgins' rendition of "Krishna Nee Begane Baaro" can be found at http://www.musicindiaonline.com. (http://www.musicindiaonline.com/p/x/3UQ2hH5xtS.As1NMvHdW/)Unfortunately, Mr. Higgins is no longer with us, as he

was killed in an auto accident when he was in his forties. Mr. Higgins sang other well-known Carnatic songs as well. Carnatic music afficionados in the group can email me if you are interested in some of his songs. - Raviguruvayur , Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002 wrote:>> Ohm Narayanaya Namah> With respect to my G and the rest, I would like to add my own feelings to this topic.> The entry of an American to a Hindu temple is the subject. > Having lived in this country I have met few White Americans who value Hindu Dharma more than many of the Indian Hindus born to Hindu parents. These American Hindus know more Hindu Dharma than what I know myself. By birth one may be a Hindu and by adoption also one can be a Hindu. May be the American who entered the Jagannath Temple at Puri is a

Hindu and practices Hindu Dharma and wanted to learn more. > I too would not like anyone to intrude into my house which is a private property, and molest my daughter or even my own wife and I would do anything to prevent that. But a temple is a public place and one should treat it like that. > We all still believe the centuries old belief that Sun rises in the east and sets in the west.> But the fact is, we all know, that Sun does not rises nor sets but the Earth rotates itself and goes around the Sun with all the moving and non-moving objects. Do we thank mother Earth for this generosity of a FREE travel around the SUN once a year?> The world has changed a lot. We have to blend our Dharma to the present day needs for the betterment of humanities and not to fight against others. By creating a firewall we will be safe but ruin our own Dharma and prevent its spreading and its values to others. >

If water is added to milk, the water also acquire the color and called milk although of a poor quality.> I am not a scholar to touch the topic but what I felt I am letting it out. > When standing face to face, -opposing each other in every respect- ones left is the others right and there is no point in arguing which is right or left. If we all face in one direction then there will not be a problem. If all accept that GOD is one and only one with different names then we have no problem. But will that day arrive? I believe that day is not far off. > Pizhayaakilum pizhakedaakilum thiruvullam kaniyuka en Bhagavane.> Ohm Narayanaya Namah> Chandra Sekharan Menon > > GOPI NAIR <gopi_nair37 wrote:> The Prasadam went to waste, Which costs $6,800. (If the Temple Administration announced that is not having the divinity of prasadam because of the entry of a non-hindu and if they

had distributed as a normal food to any orphanage or poors outside the temple that may become great.)> > But this is not to drop just like that. They are preventing our temples from entry of Non-Hindus. Which is right action. We shold prevent.> > The temple is being a property of all hindus, we are free to talk about. But the non-hindus and other non-belivers are not having any right to express their view on this issue.> > We hiondus should feel the tresspasing is happened in our house and the criminal is molesting our kid. Then can we adjust to the nature. Dont take anything as easy.> > Hindus and Hindu temples are the Targets of others. To be a hindu you should protect your values. Its our Dharma.> > Silly excuses are damaging our values and traditions. Being much liberal does not makes much sense.> > I felt, that we hindus only want to get rid of

the tradition, because of we dont feel the value for our self too.> > > > "K.V Gopalakrishna" <gopalakrishna.kv wrote:> Radhe Krishna!> You think that way. I think that way. But the bigoted temple administration and the Gurus should change their attitude. How to make them do that? This the thought that is plaguing most of us. > > Possibly they would have had some doubts about somebody poisoning the food ?> Regards> KVG.> > > prem wrote: Hare Krishna,> > This is why Hindus will be ridiculed, why conversions take place etc. I think it is time we make Hinduism a universal religion barring caste, color and creed...> > Pranams,> Prem> http://dharma.indviews.com> > > "sreedhar c.p" <sreepal20 wrote:> Hare

Krishna,> > PURI, INDIA, March 3, 2007: After more than 18 hours of debate, the food cooked for approximately 7,000 devotees at Puri's Jagannath Temple was thrown away on Friday. A number of priests had insisted the prasadam (food blessed by the Deity) be discarded because it had been defiled by the entry of an American non-Hindu into the temple. The mahaprasad that went to waste was estimated to be worth around US$6,800.> > The throwing away of such a huge quantity of food coincided with police confirming that the US national, Paul Roediger, had managed to gain entry through a temple priest. On Thursday, priests suddenly noticed a white man near the sanctum sanctorum, infamous for barring entry to Thai princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn in 2005.> > "People enter in groups and there is always the possibility of someone sneaking in," said temple administrator, Suresh Mohapatra. Police

detained Mr. Roediger, who is 59, for five hours for allegedly violating the age-old temple tradition which bars non-Hindus, especially those who consume "objectionable food," from entering the shrine. Puri police said no case has been registered because there is no law under which Mr. Roediger can be charged. "Since there is no law to punish Roediger, the temple administration asked him to pay $5.00 for the mahasnana (purification ritual)," the police said.> > With Love,> Sree> > > > Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Mail -quick, easy and free. Do it now... > > > > > No need to miss a message. Get email on-the-go > with Mail for Mobile. Get started. > > > > > > >

> Looking for earth-friendly autos? > Browse Top Cars by "Green Rating" at Autos' Green Center.> Dr. Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit. web address: http://www.geocities.com/sarojram18 http://freewebs.com/gitaclass Finding fabulous fares is fun.Let FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight and hotel bargains.

Don't be flakey. Get Mail for Mobile and always stay connected to friends.