IndiaDivine.org

The Drowning Man

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA A man was stuck on his rooftop in a flood. He was praying to God for help. Soon another man in a rowboat came by and shouted to the man on the roof, "Jump in, I can save you."The stranded one shouted back, "No, it's Ok, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me." So the rowboat went on. Then a motorboat came by. The man in the motorboat shouted, "Jump in, I can save you." To this the stranded man said, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith." So the motorboat went on. Then a helicopter came by and the pilot shouted down, "Grab this rope and I will lift you to safety." To this the stranded man again replied, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith." So the helicopter reluctantly flew away. Soon the water rose above the rooftop and the man drowned. He went to Heaven. He finally got his chance to discuss this whole situation with God, at which point he exclaimed, "I had faith in You but You didn't save me. You let me drown. I don't understand why!" To this God replied, "I sent you a rowboat and a motorboat and a helicopter, what more did you expect?" Krishna has already descended in the form of His Holy Name. We have to take shelter.

Srila Prabhupada instructs: "This material world is sometimes regarded as an ocean of nescience. In the ocean, however expert a swimmer one may be, the struggle for existence is very severe. Perfect knowledge, received from the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is the path of liberation. The boat of Krishna consciousness is very simple, but at the same time the most sublime. The Lord desires the conditioned souls hovering in the material creation be reclaimed to go back home, back to Godhead, and thus He helps

them by preparing the transcendental literatures like the Vedas, by sending missionaries of saints and sages and by deputing His representative, the spiritual master. Krishna descends in this Kali-yuga in the form of His holy name—Hare Krishna, Hare Rama. Krishna descends means—sometimes He personally descends, sometimes He descends by His incarnation, sometimes He descends as a sound vibration, sometimes He descends as devotee. There are many different categories of His descent. And at the present moment Krishna has descended in His holy name.This is the shastric injunction; the holy name of Krishna, and Krishna , they're not different. Abhinna: meaning, not separate. They are the same. The word Hara is the form of addressing the energy of the Lord, and the words Krishna and Rama are forms of addressing the Lord Himself. Both Krishna and Rama mean the supreme pleasure, and Hara is the supreme pleasure energy of the Lord, changed to Hare in the vocative. The supreme pleasure energy of the Lord helps us to reach the Lord. So take advantage of this Hare Krishna mantra, and make your life successful." http://www.emmasoftware.com/show.php?a=1439143 & b=32882 Radhe Shyam, Arun

Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.Try the Mail Beta.