IndiaDivine.org

KALKARUDAN - A miracle

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

This is information only from known friend. Naachiyaar temple.The speciality of this temple is KALKARUDAN(' karudan' (tamil equivalent to eagle)- is the vehicle of lord vishnu, kal - stone). meaning karudan made up of stone.Its about 6 - 7 feet tall in half kneel down position.'kalkarudan' is the only one of its kind in this world. U cant see karudan made up of stone any where else.One Feature of this kalkarudan astonished me. I dont know how to reason it scientifically. I could say it as just a "MIRACLE". The miracle is as follows:Being a vehicle of lord vishnu, it comes out of its place twice in a year for "oorvalam or veedhi ulaa"(in festival times the lord come around the area in his vehicle may be over the chariot- "oorvalam/veedhi

ulaa")At those times this karudan has to be lifted by the humans from its place (7 x 7 feet room). A MIRACLE occurs here. To lift it from this small room('sannidhi' ) only 4 people are needed. when it comes to next varanda or stage(prakaaram) [i dont know abt the other state temples, but TN temples will have mostly 4-5 stage/varanda built one within the other] its weight increases such that it needs double the no of people of previous stage, to carry it to the next stage. so the no of people carrying it at each stage increases like 4,8,16,32,64 which means 64 people are needed to bring the kalkarudan to the street!!!!. Isn't a MIRACLE?? Not only that the weight reduces as well as the no of people carring it in return journey from street to 'sannidhi' from 64,32.....4.ONE IMPORTANT THING: If u want to witness this miracle then i have one good news for you. "KALKARUDAN" is coming out of its place on coming 28th. (28-3-07).

TRAVEL TIPS:1. Many local buses are running from kumbakonam busstand to naachiyaar temple.2. It wont take more than 1/2 hour to reach the place from kumbakonam busstand. Busstop is nearby the temple it seems.3. U can arrange for the taxi or vehicle to reach there.4. The travel time from chennai to kumbakonam is just 7 hrs by bus and 9 - 10 hrs in train. The fare in SETC bus (ultra deluxe video coach)is 160. there is concession of 15% for senior citizen upon producing birth proof.Regards Padma

Here’s a new way to find what you're looking for - Answers