IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Hi .. I am back Again

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hare Krishna, Congratulations... may Lord shower his blessings on you. Regards, http://dharma.indviews.com KEERTHI KUMAR V MENON <keerthibai wrote: Ohm Namo Narrayanaya; Ohm Namo Bhagavathe VasudevayaDear All,I am coming back again after my long holidays. ByGoruvayoorappan's grace I got married infront of himon 15th March 2007. Yesterday I again visitedGuruvayoor temple and done Thulabharam with Elaneerfor both of us. I am returning to Bahrain on 25th of MArch 2007. REgardsKeerthi KumarOhm Namo Narrayanaya; Ohm Namo Bhagavathe VasudevayaTired of spam?

Mail has the best spam protection around Om Namo Narayanaya:

Guest guest

This message of Keerthibhai drove me back to 11 years down my memory lane. I was working in one of the reputed international schools in Ooty, India. There I came across a brother and a sister who were in their grade 10. They were not that bright and had been given a waning promotion. One day the sub- staff came to my room. He was a mallu. he came and asked me whether i am interested in offering private lessons to students during the approaching winter holidays. I refused at the very question as i was not ready to compromise with my holidays...I wanted to have a perfect Holiday visiting my mother and a short pilgimage to Guruvayur with her. Both my brothers were married then (i am the second in the line). i was 28 and due to some doshas my marriage was getting delayed. My mother was an

ordinary Brahmin lady who was very particular that i marry only a typical "iyer Ponnu." Even i was not against her idea because i couldn't think beyond guruvayurappan. So i said “No! No tuitions" He told me that they are mallus and hail from a very respectable family in Guruvayoor! I was confused....tuitions.... guruvayur...God ...what’s this? I said i will think over and let him know. before leaving he said that i could stay at their house in Guruvayur(adjacent to Parthasarathy Temple) all through my vacation, with a good package(salary, stay, food and other perks) And he also said the children's parents are very pious though they are in the gulf and will be nice if i could be with them. He said "Mashinu, ella divasavum kannane, kulichu thoyam allo?" I thought what more i need? Although i hail from Kerala i was then living in Tamilnadu .Yes! This is a true calling. i shouldn't miss it. I decided to

go and informed my mother who was too happy to hear that. She said she would join me sometimes later. So i along with mani and Vineetha(my students) went to guruvayur. There Vasuettan and Saraswathichechi( i now call them 'acha' and 'amma') were waiting for us. We had a long journey by car and were too tired. it was around 5 pm.Achan came and told me that if could get ready in 10 mts i can join him for a darshan) i ignored my weakness and sprang out with him. That was just a beginning. From that day onwards till the end of the month almost 30-35 days every day i had three

darshans. Inspite of being the peak sabarimala season, i could get to see my kannan without any hindrance. I taught those children with all my sincerity and helped them in all possible ways. One evening, in the dinner table achan casually enquired about my marriage and future plans. I told him about the doshams and the delay therewith. He said" Kannanu Mataan Patatha oru Doshavum Illya." Next morning i was going to the temple and suddenlu a thought occurred. I closed my eyes and prayed. "kanna...i want to settle down in life...I need to marry...can you remove the obstacles...i will

forgo all my tradition and rituals and will marry in front of you...whoever the girl be!" I forgot this. That term got over my students did well by god's grace and everything went on well. The new academic year the school reopened as designed by my Kannan. A new teacher had joined my dept (.I teach English) her name was Geetha. It was love at first sight for me. I

proposed. She denied. I persuaded her using all my strengths. Suddenly i thought of my Prayer. What if this girl is not a Hindu? What if she refuses to marry the way i wanted? No way. I put off the plan. That evening one of our common friends walked into my room and said,"Rajesh ...you are lucky...She doesn't mind accepting your proposal..Provided YOU HAVE TO MEET JUST ONE TERM OF HERS! I KNEW IT WAS GOING OUT OF MY HAND.I asked her what was that. She said that their family is highly religious (She is from a very orthodox Nair family in TVM) and they would arrange the

marriage to take place only in GURUVAYUR and nowhere else. I was speechless. I was filled with excitement and boundless joy. Then the rest is history. We never had any problems convinving our parents about it inspite of the fact that we belong to different caste. We were united by kannan and we had only one religion, one faith and one god. This December, i mean in 2007 we would be married for 10 years. Yes we had had many problems but we sailed through all the currents without any damage. Today my daughter is 8 years and both Geetha and i are in Bangkok...visiting Guruvayoor every June and thanking him for giving each other. Last June Achan and amma left Dubai for good are in Gvyr. Both Mani and Vineetha are employed with Gulf Air... Keerhibhai, we

wish you and your partner the very best thing in life and May Kannan guide you through all the initial settling down time Hare Krishna Rajesh

Check out what you're missing if you're not on Messenger

Guest guest

Hare Krishna, Wishing Both of you Very Happy Married Life. Good Turning point in life.May Kannan Bless you with all. With Love, SreeKEERTHI KUMAR V MENON <keerthibai wrote: Ohm Namo Narrayanaya; Ohm Namo Bhagavathe VasudevayaDear All,I am coming back again after my long holidays. ByGoruvayoorappan's grace I got married infront of himon 15th March 2007. Yesterday I again visitedGuruvayoor temple and done Thulabharam with Elaneerfor both of us. I am returning to Bahrain on 25th of MArch 2007. REgardsKeerthi KumarOhm Namo Narrayanaya; Ohm Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya

Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer. Try

it now.

Guest guest

Hari OM!

Happy to know that you got married and Wish you a very Happy Married life

May Guruvayurappan shower HIS choicest blessing on both of you, count your blessings

With Love & OM!

Krishna Prasad

On 4/18/07, sreedhar c.p <sreepal20 wrote:

Hare Krishna,

Wishing Both of you Very Happy Married Life. Good Turning point in life.May Kannan Bless you with all.

With Love,

SreeKEERTHI KUMAR V MENON <keerthibai wrote:

Ohm Namo Narrayanaya; Ohm Namo Bhagavathe VasudevayaDear All,I am coming back again after my long holidays. ByGoruvayoorappan's grace I got married infront of himon 15th March 2007. Yesterday I again visited

Guruvayoor temple and done Thulabharam with Elaneerfor both of us. I am returning to Bahrain on 25th of MArch 2007. REgardsKeerthi KumarOhm Namo Narrayanaya; Ohm Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya

Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer.

Try it now.

-- dotcompals:

www.dotcompals.in .Org domain Names for just 2.5 USDKrishna PrasadDare to give up the comfort of the 'known' and venture into the 'unknown' The more we know, the more we will come to realize what we do not know.

If we want to achieve our true potential and live life to the fullest. As Poojya Gurudev said it, "Open your eyes. Burst your shell. Spread your wings and fly!"Swami ChinmayanandaHate not the sinner - hate the sin; and always hate the sin even with an excess of hatred. "

Guest guest

A very interesting story.Rajesh Vasudevan <rajeshamruth_vasudevan wrote: This message of Keerthibhai drove me back to 11 years down my memory lane. I was working in one of the reputed international schools in Ooty, India. There I came across a brother and a sister who were in their grade 10. They were not that bright and had been given a waning promotion. One day the sub- staff came to my room. He was a mallu. he came and asked me whether i am interested in

offering private lessons to students during the approaching winter holidays. I refused at the very question as i was not ready to compromise with my holidays...I wanted to have a perfect Holiday visiting my mother and a short pilgimage to Guruvayur with her. Both my brothers were married then (i am the second in the line). i was 28 and due to some doshas my marriage was getting delayed. My mother was an ordinary Brahmin lady who was very particular that i marry only a typical "iyer Ponnu." Even i was not against her idea because i couldn't think beyond guruvayurappan. So i said ?No! No tuitions" He told me that they are mallus and hail from a very respectable family in Guruvayoor! I was confused....tuitions.... guruvayur...God

....what?s this? I said i will think over and let him know. before leaving he said that i could stay at their house in Guruvayur(adjacent to Parthasarathy Temple) all through my vacation, with a good package(salary, stay, food and other perks) And he also said the children's parents are very pious though they are in the gulf and will be nice if i could be with them. He said "Mashinu, ella divasavum kannane, kulichu thoyam allo?" I thought what more i need? Although i hail from Kerala i was then living in Tamilnadu .Yes! This is a true calling. i shouldn't miss it. I decided to go and informed my mother who was too happy to hear that. She said she would join me

sometimes later. So i along with mani and Vineetha(my students) went to guruvayur. There Vasuettan and Saraswathichechi( i now call them 'acha' and 'amma') were waiting for us. We had a long journey by car and were too tired. it was around 5 pm.Achan came and told me that if could get ready in 10 mts i can join him for a darshan) i ignored my weakness and sprang out with him. That was just a beginning. From that day onwards till the end of the month almost 30-35 days every day i had three darshans. Inspite of being the peak sabarimala season, i could get to see my kannan without any hindrance. I taught those children with all my sincerity and helped them in all possible ways. One evening, in the dinner table achan casually enquired about my marriage and future plans. I told him about the doshams

and the delay therewith. He said" Kannanu Mataan Patatha oru Doshavum Illya." Next morning i was going to the temple and suddenlu a thought occurred. I closed my eyes and prayed. "kanna...i want to settle down in life...I need to marry...can you remove the obstacles...i will forgo all my tradition and rituals and will marry in front of you...whoever the girl be!" I forgot this. That term got over my students did well by god's grace and everything went on well. The new academic year the school reopened as designed by my Kannan. A new teacher had joined my dept (.I teach English) her name was Geetha. It was love at first sight for me. I proposed. She denied. I persuaded her using all my strengths. Suddenly i

thought of my Prayer. What if this girl is not a Hindu? What if she refuses to marry the way i wanted? No way. I put off the plan. That evening one of our common friends walked into my room and said,"Rajesh ...you are lucky...She doesn't mind accepting your proposal..Provided YOU HAVE TO MEET JUST ONE TERM OF HERS! I KNEW IT WAS GOING OUT OF MY HAND.I asked her what was that. She said that their family is highly religious (She is from a very orthodox Nair family in TVM) and they would arrange the marriage to take place only in GURUVAYUR and nowhere else. I was speechless. I was filled with excitement and boundless joy. Then the rest is history. We never had any problems convinving our

parents about it inspite of the fact that we belong to different caste. We were united by kannan and we had only one religion, one faith and one god. This December, i mean in 2007 we would be married for 10 years. Yes we had had many problems but we sailed through all the currents without any damage. Today my daughter is 8 years and both Geetha and i are in Bangkok...visiting Guruvayoor every June and thanking him for giving each other. Last June Achan and amma left Dubai for good are in Gvyr. Both Mani and Vineetha are employed with Gulf Air... Keerhibhai, we wish you and your partner the very best thing in life and May Kannan guide you through all the initial settling down time Hare

Krishna Rajesh Check out what you're missing if you're not on Messenger Dr. Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit. web address: http://www.geocities.com/sarojram18 http://freewebs.com/gitaclass

Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell? Check out

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

Dear Rajesh,

Quite a life story, indeed! Reading experience like your's makes us

believe in the playful nature of Krishna and HIS way of blessing the

devotees who submit fully to his wishes.

Since starting the guruvayoor.com web site, I got many such real

stories - some of them so mysterious, some of them so interesting and

some of them request not to share with anyone for the confidential

matter in their stories.

Reading your mail reminds me the reason for me to have a website for

all of us to share such experiences and re-affirm our beliefs in

Guruvayoor.

So, thank you for sharing your story with us and may God bless you and

Geetha always.

Om Namo Narayanaya:

Sunil.

guruvayur , Rajesh Vasudevan

<rajeshamruth_vasudevan wrote:

>

> This message of Keerthibhai drove me back to 11 years down my memory

lane. I was working in one of the reputed international schools in

Ooty, India. There I came across a brother and a sister who were in

their grade 10. They were not that bright and had been given a waning

promotion. One day the sub- staff came to my room. He was a mallu. he

came and asked me whether i am interested in offering private lessons

to students during the approaching winter holidays. I refused at the

very question as i was not ready to compromise with my holidays...I

wanted to have a perfect Holiday visiting my mother and a short

pilgimage to Guruvayur with her. Both my brothers were married then (i

am the second in the line). i was 28 and due to some doshas my

marriage was getting delayed. My mother was an ordinary Brahmin lady

who was very particular that i marry only a typical " iyer Ponnu. " Even

i was not against her idea because i couldn't think beyond guruvayurappan.

>

> So i said " No! No tuitions "

>

> He told me that they are mallus and hail from a very respectable

family in Guruvayoor! I was confused....tuitions.... guruvayur...God

....what's this?

> I said i will think over and let him know. before leaving he said

that i could stay at their house in Guruvayur(adjacent to

Parthasarathy Temple) all through my vacation, with a good

package(salary, stay, food and other perks) And he also said the

children's parents are very pious though they are in the gulf and will

be nice if i could be with them. He said " Mashinu, ella divasavum

kannane, kulichu thoyam allo? "

> I thought what more i need?

> Although i hail from Kerala i was then living in Tamilnadu .Yes!

This is a true calling. i shouldn't miss it.

> I decided to go and informed my mother who was too happy to hear

that. She said she would join me sometimes later.

> So i along with mani and Vineetha(my students) went to guruvayur.

There Vasuettan and Saraswathichechi( i now call them 'acha' and

'amma') were waiting for us. We had a long journey by car and were too

tired.

> it was around 5 pm.Achan came and told me that if could get ready

in 10 mts i can join him for a darshan) i ignored my weakness and

sprang out with him. That was just a beginning. From that day onwards

till the end of the month almost 30-35 days every day i had three

darshans. Inspite of being the peak sabarimala season, i could get to

see my kannan without any hindrance. I taught those children with all

my sincerity and helped them in all possible ways.

> One evening, in the dinner table achan casually enquired about my

marriage and future plans. I told him about the doshams and the delay

therewith. He said " Kannanu Mataan Patatha oru Doshavum Illya. "

> Next morning i was going to the temple and suddenlu a thought

occurred. I closed my eyes and prayed. " kanna...i want to settle down

in life...I need to marry...can you remove the obstacles...i will

forgo all my tradition and rituals and will marry in front of

you...whoever the girl be! "

> I forgot this.

> That term got over my students did well by god's grace and

everything went on well. The new academic year the school reopened as

designed by my Kannan.

> A new teacher had joined my dept (.I teach English) her name was

Geetha. It was love at first sight for me. I proposed. She denied. I

persuaded her using all my strengths. Suddenly i thought of my Prayer.

What if this girl is not a Hindu? What if she refuses to marry the way

i wanted? No way. I put off the plan.

> That evening one of our common friends walked into my room and

said, " Rajesh ...you are lucky...She doesn't mind accepting your

proposal..Provided YOU HAVE TO MEET JUST ONE TERM OF HERS!

> I KNEW IT WAS GOING OUT OF MY HAND.I asked her what was that. She

said that their family is highly religious (She is from a very

orthodox Nair family in TVM) and they would arrange the marriage to

take place only in GURUVAYUR and nowhere else.

> I was speechless. I was filled with excitement and boundless joy.

>

> Then the rest is history. We never had any problems convinving our

parents about it inspite of the fact that we belong to different

caste. We were united by kannan and we had only one religion, one

faith and one god.

> This December, i mean in 2007 we would be married for 10 years.

Yes we had had many problems but we sailed through all the currents

without any damage. Today my daughter is 8 years and both Geetha and i

are in Bangkok...visiting Guruvayoor every June and thanking him for

giving each other. Last June Achan and amma left Dubai for good are in

Gvyr. Both Mani and Vineetha are employed with Gulf Air...

>

> Keerhibhai, we wish you and your partner the very best thing in

life and May Kannan guide you through all the initial settling down time

>

> Hare Krishna

>

> Rajesh

>

>

>

>

>

> Check out what you're missing if you're not on Messenger

>

Guest guest

Hari Om !!

Congratulations... & Welcome Back To Kingdom of Bahrain

With Best Wishes,

Rajasekhar K G

Manama Kingdom of Bahrain.

guruvayur [guruvayur ]On Behalf Of KEERTHI KUMAR V MENONWednesday, April 18, 2007 10:09 AMguruvayur Subject: [Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Hi .. I am back Again

Ohm Namo Narrayanaya; Ohm Namo Bhagavathe VasudevayaDear All,I am coming back again after my long holidays. ByGoruvayoorappan's grace I got married infront of himon 15th March 2007. Yesterday I again visitedGuruvayoor temple and done Thulabharam with Elaneerfor both of us. I am returning to Bahrain on 25th of MArch 2007. REgardsKeerthi KumarOhm Namo Narrayanaya; Ohm Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya

Guest guest

Congratulations and all the very best for a very happy

married life. May Guruvayoorappan bless you both.

Where are you in Bahrain?

Jai Sree Krishna

Seema

> KEERTHI KUMAR V MENON <keerthibai wrote:

> Ohm Namo Narrayanaya; Ohm Namo Bhagavathe

> Vasudevaya

>

> Dear All,

>

> I am coming back again after my long holidays. By

> Goruvayoorappan's grace I got married infront of him

> on 15th March 2007. Yesterday I again visited

> Guruvayoor temple and done Thulabharam with Elaneer

> for both of us.

>

> I am returning to Bahrain on 25th of MArch 2007.

>

> REgards

>

> Keerthi Kumar

>

> Ohm Namo Narrayanaya; Ohm Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya

>

>

>

> Tired of spam? Mail has the best spam

> protection around

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Answers - Got a question? Someone out there

> knows the answer. Tryit now.

Guest guest

Thanks a lot Rajeshji for sharing your life story.

Indeed, Lord's ways are remarkable. May He always

bless you and your family.

Sunilji, there are no words to express gratitude for

forming this group. It is a truly remarkable

achievement. I feel like all of us are one big family,

even though we have never met.

May Guruvayoorappan bless all always.

Jai Sree Krishna.

Seema

--- Sunil Menon <menon_sunil wrote:

> Dear Rajesh,

>

> Quite a life story, indeed! Reading experience like

> your's makes us

> believe in the playful nature of Krishna and HIS way

> of blessing the

> devotees who submit fully to his wishes.

>

> Since starting the guruvayoor.com web site, I got

> many such real

> stories - some of them so mysterious, some of them

> so interesting and

> some of them request not to share with anyone for

> the confidential

> matter in their stories.

>

> Reading your mail reminds me the reason for me to

> have a website for

> all of us to share such experiences and re-affirm

> our beliefs in

> Guruvayoor.

>

> So, thank you for sharing your story with us and may

> God bless you and

> Geetha always.

>

> Om Namo Narayanaya:

>

> Sunil.

>

>

>

> guruvayur , Rajesh Vasudevan

> <rajeshamruth_vasudevan wrote:

> >

> > This message of Keerthibhai drove me back to 11

> years down my memory

> lane. I was working in one of the reputed

> international schools in

> Ooty, India. There I came across a brother and a

> sister who were in

> their grade 10. They were not that bright and had

> been given a waning

> promotion. One day the sub- staff came to my room.

> He was a mallu. he

> came and asked me whether i am interested in

> offering private lessons

> to students during the approaching winter holidays.

> I refused at the

> very question as i was not ready to compromise with

> my holidays...I

> wanted to have a perfect Holiday visiting my mother

> and a short

> pilgimage to Guruvayur with her. Both my brothers

> were married then (i

> am the second in the line). i was 28 and due to some

> doshas my

> marriage was getting delayed. My mother was an

> ordinary Brahmin lady

> who was very particular that i marry only a typical

> " iyer Ponnu. " Even

> i was not against her idea because i couldn't think

> beyond guruvayurappan.

> >

> > So i said " No! No tuitions "

> >

> > He told me that they are mallus and hail from a

> very respectable

> family in Guruvayoor! I was confused....tuitions....

> guruvayur...God

> ...what's this?

> > I said i will think over and let him know.

> before leaving he said

> that i could stay at their house in

> Guruvayur(adjacent to

> Parthasarathy Temple) all through my vacation, with

> a good

> package(salary, stay, food and other perks) And he

> also said the

> children's parents are very pious though they are in

> the gulf and will

> be nice if i could be with them. He said " Mashinu,

> ella divasavum

> kannane, kulichu thoyam allo? "

> > I thought what more i need?

> > Although i hail from Kerala i was then living in

> Tamilnadu .Yes!

> This is a true calling. i shouldn't miss it.

> > I decided to go and informed my mother who was

> too happy to hear

> that. She said she would join me sometimes later.

> > So i along with mani and Vineetha(my students)

> went to guruvayur.

> There Vasuettan and Saraswathichechi( i now call

> them 'acha' and

> 'amma') were waiting for us. We had a long journey

> by car and were too

> tired.

> > it was around 5 pm.Achan came and told me that

> if could get ready

> in 10 mts i can join him for a darshan) i ignored

> my weakness and

> sprang out with him. That was just a beginning. From

> that day onwards

> till the end of the month almost 30-35 days every

> day i had three

> darshans. Inspite of being the peak sabarimala

> season, i could get to

> see my kannan without any hindrance. I taught those

> children with all

> my sincerity and helped them in all possible ways.

> > One evening, in the dinner table achan casually

> enquired about my

> marriage and future plans. I told him about the

> doshams and the delay

> therewith. He said " Kannanu Mataan Patatha oru

> Doshavum Illya. "

> > Next morning i was going to the temple and

> suddenlu a thought

> occurred. I closed my eyes and prayed. " kanna...i

> want to settle down

> in life...I need to marry...can you remove the

> obstacles...i will

> forgo all my tradition and rituals and will marry in

> front of

> you...whoever the girl be! "

> > I forgot this.

> > That term got over my students did well by

> god's grace and

> everything went on well. The new academic year the

> school reopened as

> designed by my Kannan.

> > A new teacher had joined my dept (.I teach

> English) her name was

> Geetha. It was love at first sight for me. I

> proposed. She denied. I

> persuaded her using all my strengths. Suddenly i

> thought of my Prayer.

> What if this girl is not a Hindu? What if she

> refuses to marry the way

> i wanted? No way. I put off the plan.

> > That evening one of our common friends walked

> into my room and

> said, " Rajesh ...you are lucky...She doesn't mind

> accepting your

> proposal..Provided YOU HAVE TO MEET JUST ONE TERM OF

> HERS!

> > I KNEW IT WAS GOING OUT OF MY HAND.I asked her

> what was that. She

> said that their family is highly religious (She is

> from a very

> orthodox Nair family in TVM) and they would arrange

> the marriage to

> take place only in GURUVAYUR and nowhere else.

> > I was speechless. I was filled with excitement

> and boundless joy.

> >

> > Then the rest is history. We never had any

> problems convinving our

> parents about it inspite of the fact that we belong

> to different

> caste. We were united by kannan and we had only one

> religion, one

> faith and one god.

> > This December, i mean in 2007 we would be

> married for 10 years.

> Yes we had had many problems but we sailed through

> all the currents

> without any damage. Today my daughter is 8 years and

> both Geetha and i

> are in Bangkok...visiting Guruvayoor every June and

> thanking him for

> giving each other. Last June Achan and amma left

> Dubai for good are in

> Gvyr. Both Mani and Vineetha are employed with Gulf

> Air...

> >

> > Keerhibhai, we wish you and your partner the

> very best thing in

> life and May Kannan guide you through all the

> initial settling down time

> >

> > Hare Krishna

> >

> > Rajesh

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Check out what you're missing if you're not on

> Messenger

> >

>

>

>

Guest guest

Indeed it is a very interesting story and very well presented by Rajesh ji too. Krishna's ways are really mysterious. To logically understand Krishna's working is itself a contradiction because logic cannot be applied in case of the workings of the Lord...... Shree Guruvayurappa Sharanam! ~Krishnadasa.Saroja Ramanujam <sarojram18 wrote: A very interesting story.Rajesh Vasudevan <rajeshamruth_vasudevan (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote: This message of Keerthibhai drove me back to 11 years down my memory lane. I was working in one of the reputed international schools in Ooty, India. There I came across a brother and a sister who were in their grade 10. They were not that bright and had been given a waning promotion. One day the sub- staff came to my room. He was a mallu. he came and asked me whether i am interested in offering private lessons to students during the approaching winter holidays. I refused at the very question as i was not ready to compromise with my holidays...I wanted to have a perfect Holiday visiting my mother and a short pilgimage to Guruvayur with her. Both my brothers were married then (i am the second in the line). i was 28 and due to some doshas my marriage was getting delayed. My mother was an ordinary Brahmin

lady who was very particular that i marry only a typical "iyer Ponnu." Even i was not against her idea because i couldn't think beyond guruvayurappan. So i said ?No! No tuitions" He told me that they are mallus and hail from a very respectable family in Guruvayoor! I was confused....tuitions.... guruvayur...God ...what?s this? I said i will think over and let him know. before leaving he said that i could stay at their house in Guruvayur(adjacent to Parthasarathy Temple) all through my vacation, with a good package(salary, stay, food and other perks) And he also said the children's parents are very pious though they are in the gulf and will be nice if i could be with them. He

said "Mashinu, ella divasavum kannane, kulichu thoyam allo?" I thought what more i need? Although i hail from Kerala i was then living in Tamilnadu .Yes! This is a true calling. i shouldn't miss it. I decided to go and informed my mother who was too happy to hear that. She said she would join me sometimes later. So i along with mani and Vineetha(my students) went to guruvayur. There Vasuettan and Saraswathichechi( i now call them 'acha' and 'amma') were waiting for us. We had a long journey by car and were too tired. it was around 5 pm.Achan came and told me that if could get ready in 10 mts i

can join him for a darshan) i ignored my weakness and sprang out with him. That was just a beginning. From that day onwards till the end of the month almost 30-35 days every day i had three darshans. Inspite of being the peak sabarimala season, i could get to see my kannan without any hindrance. I taught those children with all my sincerity and helped them in all possible ways. One evening, in the dinner table achan casually enquired about my marriage and future plans. I told him about the doshams and the delay therewith. He said" Kannanu Mataan Patatha oru Doshavum Illya." Next morning i was going to the temple and suddenlu a thought occurred. I closed my eyes and prayed. "kanna...i want to settle down in life...I need to marry...can you remove the obstacles...i will forgo all my tradition and rituals and will marry in front of you...whoever the

girl be!" I forgot this. That term got over my students did well by god's grace and everything went on well. The new academic year the school reopened as designed by my Kannan. A new teacher had joined my dept (.I teach English) her name was Geetha. It was love at first sight for me. I proposed. She denied. I persuaded her using all my strengths. Suddenly i thought of my Prayer. What if this girl is not a Hindu? What if she refuses to marry the way i wanted? No way. I put off the plan. That evening one of our common friends walked into my room and said,"Rajesh ...you are lucky...She doesn't mind accepting your proposal..Provided YOU HAVE TO MEET JUST ONE TERM OF HERS! I KNEW IT WAS GOING OUT OF MY HAND.I asked her what was that. She said that their family is highly religious (She is from a very orthodox Nair family in TVM) and they would arrange the marriage to take place only in GURUVAYUR and nowhere else. I was speechless. I was filled with excitement and boundless joy. Then the rest is history. We never had any problems convinving our parents about it inspite of the fact that we belong to different caste. We were united by kannan and we had only one religion, one faith and one god. This December, i mean in 2007 we would be married for 10 years. Yes we had had many problems but we sailed through all the currents without any damage. Today my daughter is 8 years and both Geetha and

i are in Bangkok...visiting Guruvayoor every June and thanking him for giving each other. Last June Achan and amma left Dubai for good are in Gvyr. Both Mani and Vineetha are employed with Gulf Air... Keerhibhai, we wish you and your partner the very best thing in life and May Kannan guide you through all the initial settling down time Hare Krishna Rajesh Check out what you're missing if you're not on

Messenger Dr. Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit. web address: http://www.geocities.com/sarojram18 http://freewebs.com/gitaclass Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?Check out new cars at Autos.

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

April 19, 2007 Dear Rajeshji, Jai Shree Krishna! It is a divine coincidence that both you and Geethaji’s parents had taken the same oath to have the marriage ceremony performed in front of Bhagwan Guruvayur. Thanks for sharing your wonderful story with us. Could you please help me with the English translation for the following quotes from your story? "Mashinu, ella divasavum kannane, kulichu thoyam allo?" " Kannanu Mataan

Patatha oru Doshavum Illya." Please pardon me for not understanding them. With best wishes, Kirit Shah

new cars at Autos.