IndiaDivine.org

tale of two souls.. 111

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

A few days later, a man came with a seven year old child and said the child needs a general check up since he had never seen a doctor since his birth. He lost his parents when he was too small and had been living in an ashram in a village, fifty miles away from the city. I was curious to know about this ashram because I was planning to go on a retreat for a few days for the installation ceremony of the mantra into my heart. The day after the New Moon on that month, I left for my retreat to that ashram. The ashram was run by one old man who was popularly called, Babaji by the entire neighbor hood of

villagers. Babaji had converted his old village home into an ashram after returning from his long journey of gruhasthashram far away from the native land and was running it with his own pension and support received from his two rich sons abroad. As I approached Babaji, I was simply stunt to hear from the inmates, that He had been waiting so anxiously for me since morning though I had not given any notice of my visit to Him or to anybody there. Even though I had not spoken any thing about the purpose of my visit of which i was myself not sure, after the preliminary reception, he took me to his gigantic library room and led me to the shelf of Bhagvat Gita. The whole shelf was full with Gita texts by various authors. He pointed to one particular author and it was four volumes. The same day I started studying the scripture. That was the first time I was reading Gita. I was not reading it, but I was studying it as if I was going to give an examination. I had also fixed a time schedule to finish it before the full moon day and to be back to my karma yoga. During the course of the study, I realized, I had already installed the mantra into my heart which I could feel was singing all the time. I was convinced, I was fully prepared to challenge the battle of my life as was prescribed in the Gita. That was my first and last reading of Bhagvat Gita, but my practice was eternal. I did not run after name and fame. I simply devoted myself to my profession without neglecting my social obligations. I even opened a free clinic in the ashram with the help of fifteen doctors who volunteered to help with two doctors once a week to work in the village. When my children left the nest, I flew to my village with my devoted wife and continued what was left behind by my

father. Now, I am here, with the mantra still chanting in me. I am least bothered what the judgment is going to be. As soon as his story was finished, the soul No. one who was until now standing before the soul no. two, slowly moved behind the soul no. one and begged him - “when you go in, could you please recommend me, to go back to earth and purify myself with true spirituality”?? ANY UNBIASED COMMENTS ARE WELCOME.. HARI OM HARI OM HARI OM

Ready for the edge of your seat? Check out tonight's top picks on TV.