IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] What is love?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Ohm Narayanaya Namah Sreebhai Yes, this question is bothering my mind for some time. Love - Is that for the body or the soul? It cannot be for the soul which we cannot see at all, and so that must be for the body. Then why everyone is in a hurry to dispose the body a.s.a.p when the soul leaves the body either by burying or cremating? So it must be the body and soul together. WRONG AGAIN. It is not the person but the action of the person that creates a vibration which we call LOVE. The dictionary that I have, give six meanings for love, including the tennis score. The one appealing to me is UNSELFISH LOYAL AND BENEVOLENT CONCERN FOR OTHERS, which I interpret as ones' DUTY. Parents have a

duty towards their children, and the list goes on. That again brings our famous Geetha to the picture, that to do your duty without expecting any reward. I totally agree with your last two paragraphs. Ohm Narayanayah Namah Chandra Sekharan Menon "sreedhar c.p" <sreepal20 wrote: Hare Krishna, What is love? To love and

be loved is one of the most exhilarating experiences any of us can enjoy. Writers and poets, ancient and modern, speak of the power and emotion of romantic love. Yet that love, in its broadest sense, is a choice. Love is something we choose to do. God tells husbands to love their wives and not just if they feel like it. Lacking a foundational understanding, many couples have tragically assumed they have no control over their feelings. Concluding that love just magically appears or disappears, too many have suffered and even dissolved relationships over difficulties that could have been resolved. In a beautiful explanation of the love God expects of us, describes the nature and qualities of genuine love: "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails". Love is much more than a vague emotion or physical attraction, something we "fall" into or out of. Falling is

an accident, something we have little control over. Genuine love as described as very different. Practicing real love requires conscious choice and determination. Genuine love resolves to show kindness and patience in the face of suffering. It does not return evil for evil. People who exemplify this kind of love follow the example of God Himself, who "is kind to the unthankful and evil". With Love, Sree Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer. Try it now.

Guest guest

I found this link very good...

http://www.avgsatsang.org/hhpsds/pdf/Discovering_Love.pdf

guruvayur , Chandra Menon

<chandrasmenon2002 wrote:

>

> Ohm Narayanaya Namah

> Sreebhai

> Yes, this question is bothering my mind for some time.

> Love - Is that for the body or the soul?

> It cannot be for the soul which we cannot see at all, and so that

must be for the body.

> Then why everyone is in a hurry to dispose the body a.s.a.p when

the soul leaves the body either by burying or cremating?

> So it must be the body and soul together. WRONG AGAIN. It is not

the person but the action of the person that creates a vibration which

we call LOVE. The dictionary that I have, give six meanings for love,

including the tennis score. The one appealing to me is UNSELFISH LOYAL

AND BENEVOLENT CONCERN FOR OTHERS, which I interpret as ones' DUTY.

Parents have a duty towards their children, and the list goes on. That

again brings our famous Geetha to the picture, that to do your duty

without expecting any reward.

> I totally agree with your last two paragraphs.

> Ohm Narayanayah Namah

> Chandra Sekharan Menon

>

> " sreedhar c.p " <sreepal20 wrote:

> Hare Krishna,

>

> What is love?

>

> To love and be loved is one of the most exhilarating

experiences any of us can enjoy. Writers and poets, ancient and

modern, speak of the power and emotion of romantic love. Yet that

love, in its broadest sense, is a choice. Love is something we choose

to do.

> God tells husbands to love their wives and not just if they feel

like it. Lacking a foundational understanding, many couples have

tragically assumed they have no control over their feelings.

Concluding that love just magically appears or disappears, too many

have suffered and even dissolved relationships over difficulties that

could have been resolved.

>

> In a beautiful explanation of the love God expects of us,

describes the nature and qualities of genuine love: " Love is patient,

love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It

is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it

keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices

with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes,

always perseveres. Love never fails " .

>

> Love is much more than a vague emotion or physical attraction,

something we " fall " into or out of. Falling is an accident, something

we have little control over. Genuine love as described as very different.

>

> Practicing real love requires conscious choice and determination.

Genuine love resolves to show kindness and patience in the face of

suffering. It does not return evil for evil. People who exemplify this

kind of love follow the example of God Himself, who " is kind to the

unthankful and evil " .

>

> With Love,

> Sree

>

>

> Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the

answer. Try it now.

>

Guest guest

Love is from soul to soul only. Otherwise why or how can you love a dead person, or one whom you have not seenrsunitaa <rsunitaa wrote: I found this link very good...http://www.avgsatsang.org/hhpsds/pdf/Discovering_Love.pdf--- In guruvayur , Chandra Menon<chandrasmenon2002 wrote:>> Ohm Narayanaya Namah>

Sreebhai> Yes, this question is bothering my mind for some time. > Love - Is that for the body or the soul?> It cannot be for the soul which we cannot see at all, and so thatmust be for the body.> Then why everyone is in a hurry to dispose the body a.s.a.p whenthe soul leaves the body either by burying or cremating?> So it must be the body and soul together. WRONG AGAIN. It is notthe person but the action of the person that creates a vibration whichwe call LOVE. The dictionary that I have, give six meanings for love,including the tennis score. The one appealing to me is UNSELFISH LOYALAND BENEVOLENT CONCERN FOR OTHERS, which I interpret as ones' DUTY.Parents have a duty towards their children, and the list goes on. Thatagain brings our famous Geetha to the picture, that to do your dutywithout expecting any reward.> I totally agree with your last two paragraphs.> Ohm Narayanayah Namah

> Chandra Sekharan Menon > > "sreedhar c.p" <sreepal20 wrote:> Hare Krishna,> > What is love?> > To love and be loved is one of the most exhilaratingexperiences any of us can enjoy. Writers and poets, ancient andmodern, speak of the power and emotion of romantic love. Yet thatlove, in its broadest sense, is a choice. Love is something we chooseto do.> God tells husbands to love their wives and not just if they feellike it. Lacking a foundational understanding, many couples havetragically assumed they have no control over their feelings.Concluding that love just magically appears or disappears, too manyhave suffered and even dissolved relationships over difficulties thatcould have been resolved.> > In a beautiful explanation of the love God expects of us,describes the nature and qualities of genuine love: "Love is patient,love is kind. It

Guest guest

Dear Parasuraman-ji and Sunita-ji Sorry Parasuraman-ji, you have made a contradictory statement. How do we SEE the soul? By the by, I have seen your wonderful website and quite impressed. I would like to host a page for myself for which I seek the blessings of my G and The Big G. Also I thank you for the story of Shaneeswara. Sunitaa-ji. I am complimenting you for providing the link to Discovering Love by Swamy Dayananda Saraswati which I saw first time. Had I seen this earlier, I would not have this doubt at all. Thanks a lot. Ohm Narayanaya Namah Chandra Sekharan Menon Parasuraman <parasu41 wrote: Love is from soul to soul only. Otherwise why or how can you love a dead person, or one whom you have not seenrsunitaa <rsunitaa > wrote: I found this link very good...http://www.avgsatsang.org/hhpsds/pdf/Discovering_Love.pdf--- In guruvayur , Chandra Menon<chandrasmenon2002 wrote:>> Ohm

Narayanaya Namah> Sreebhai> Yes, this question is bothering my mind for some time. > Love - Is that for the body or the soul?> It cannot be for the soul which we cannot see at all, and so thatmust be for the body.> Then why everyone is in a hurry to dispose the body a.s.a.p whenthe soul leaves the body either by burying or cremating?> So it must be the body and soul together. WRONG AGAIN. It is notthe person but the action of the person that creates a vibration whichwe call LOVE. The dictionary that I have, give six meanings for love,including the tennis score. The one appealing to me is UNSELFISH LOYALAND BENEVOLENT CONCERN FOR OTHERS, which I interpret as ones' DUTY.Parents have a duty towards their children, and the list goes on. Thatagain brings our famous Geetha to the picture, that to do your dutywithout expecting any reward.> I totally agree with your last two paragraphs.>

Ohm Narayanayah Namah > Chandra Sekharan Menon > > "sreedhar c.p" <sreepal20 wrote:> Hare Krishna,> > What is love?> > To love and be loved is one of the most exhilaratingexperiences any of us can enjoy. Writers and poets, ancient andmodern, speak of the power and emotion of romantic love. Yet thatlove, in its broadest sense, is a choice. Love is something we chooseto do.> God tells husbands to love their wives and not just if they feellike it. Lacking a foundational understanding, many couples havetragically assumed they have no control over their feelings.Concluding that love just magically appears or disappears, too manyhave suffered and even dissolved relationships over difficulties thatcould have been resolved.> > In a beautiful explanation of the love God expects of us,describes the nature and qualities of genuine love: "Love is

patient,love is kind. It