IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Arjuna to Durga

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thanks for sharing this Balagopal Ji. A small comment regarding this which I wanted to make is: How can Bhagavan Shree Krishna, who said the following: [ Mattah Parataram Naanyat Kinchid Asti Dhananjaya Mayi Sarvam Idam Proktam Sutre Mani Gana Iva O conqueror of wealth [Arjuna], there is no Truth superior to Me. Everything rests upon Me, as pearls are strung on a thread. - BG 7.7 ] require the help of someone to achieve victory? As Ramanji mentioned in that mail, it is to show the importance of devotion that Krishna asked Arjuna to chant the prayers. There is also one more beautiful prayer regarding Durga Devi which is mentioned in Brahma Samhita, which says: [ Srshti Sthiti Pralaya Sadhana Shaktir Eka Chaayeva Yasya Bhuvanaani

Bibharti Durga Icchanurupam Api Cha Cheshtate Sah Govindam Aadi Purusham Tamaham Bhajaami "The external potency Maya who is of the nature of the shadow of the cit potency, is worshiped by all people as Durga, the creating, preserving and destroying agency of this mundane world. I adore the primeval Lord Govinda in accordance with whose will Durga conducts herself." - BS 5.44 - http://brahmasamhita.com/bs/5/44/en ] Hare Krishna! ~Krishnadasa. balagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpal

wrote: HARI AUMI had sometime back requested for the sloka on Durgapurported to have chanted by Arjuna at the instance ofBhagavan before the start of war to ensure victory. Icould not locate it and hence made the request in theforum but in vain. It has popped out and the same is posted below. It waswritten by Shree Ganapathy Raman on Tue, 21 Nov 200612:27:07 -0000 in Dr.Sarojaji's 'Applied Gita'.Hope it is useful.RegardsBalagopalNARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANAGrace of

Durga. It is the common belief that the avatr of Parasakthyas Durga bestows great success esp.in wars and all other wordlycalamities.In Mahabharatha before the Great War started SriKrishna advisedArjuna to worship Duraga to help in the victory.Thoughthe same was not required as where there is Krishna there isVictory.StillSri Krishna acted in a pragmatic way.Arjunaaccordingly prayed to Sri Durga as follows:VEDASRUTHY-MAHAPUNY E BRAHMANYE JADHAVEDASITWAM BRAHMA-VIDYA VIDHYANAAM MAHANITHRA CHA DEHINAAMSAVITRI VEDHA MATHA CHA THADHA VEDANTA UCHHYATHEYSTHUTHASI TWAM MAHADEVI VISUDHHEYNANDHARATH MANEYJAYO BHAVATHU MEY NITHYAM TWAT PRASADHATRANAJIRE.ARJUNA WAS A CHUM OF SRI KRISHNA.BHAKTHA OFSIVA.UPASAKA OF DEVI.SO ALL THE MAJOR GODS OF HINDY PANTHEISM IS COVERED BYTHE CHARACTER OF ARJUNA.The above is during Krishna's time.In Sri Rama's timealso the same thing

happened which all may not know.Before embarking on his mission to fight with Ravanato bring backSita ,Sri Rama too prayed to Durga and created an idolof Durga and did the pooja to Her.On the direction of SriRama,Hanuman brought 108 lotus flowers for the Pooja.Rama with ardentdevotion did the pooja by reciting the namavali and offered the flowersone after another.Lakshman, Hanuman and others were watching theritual with great concentration. Rama had offered 107 lotusflowers.But Durga hid the last flower ie.108.Rama became anxious and hethought what happened to the other flower and I can't get up halfway in the ritual,oh Goddess what is this?,he lamented.My motherKausalya used to call me lotus eyed child {Tamarai Kannan}.Soto complte the pooja I offer my eye to you as the offering tofill the gap of the missing last flower and prepared to pull out hiseyes.As the leela

of Goddess is also equally great she gave Herpresence and stopped Rama from his action and said 'Rama,Iappreciate your devotion oand dedication.Only I hv hid the last flowerand gave the same to RamaI just wanted to test you and you hvwon.So too you will kill Ravana in the war and brought back Sita andblessed Rama.The real purport such stories is that Bhakthy is themain plank on which one can build real devotion.There is nodifference between the various Gods though we call Him by vvarious names andthis is what Krishna and Rama proved to worship Durga as she issupposed to be the Goddess of Victory and accordingly shuld bepropitiated. Though all the forms are same but each has been allotted apotfolio and the same shuld be followed even for Rama,though anavatar but in human form and arjuna though a part of Narayana butacted as a human and both showed the greatnessof

Bhakthy.Evenwithout worshipping they would hv won the wars but they had tofollow the uidelines for the humanity and to inculcate Bhakthy inthem.This is the main purpose of their mission.agraman.________ India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something newhttp://in.answers./

Ready for the edge of your seat? Check out tonight's top picks on TV.