IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] non hindus visiting GVR..

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Vijayam, do you know that a non-muslim cannot go to a mosque and even muslim women cannot? There are similar restrictions in Christianity and Islam. As you consider Krishna, Allah etc. to be same why dont you please correct the other systems. Salman Rushdie was issued fatwa by the muslim clerics and Islamic governments for criticizing Islam. If you oppose other religions you face risks. Hindus have been tolerant but does not mean they have been cowardly. Until today they are fighting the battles at various levels and some times you win some times you lose.

BTW, the issue of entering the temple - I think one should allow the tradition of the temple to decide the matters instead of atheistic / secular government interfering. The issue that has to be fought is govermental interference in to Hindu affairs when it does not interfere in Islam or Christianity unfavourably.

vijayam <nityananda7guruvayur <guruvayur >Cc: NB NAIR <nbnair; Raghavan Pisharody <pisharody9Sunday, June 17, 2007 12:49:09 AM[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] non hindus visiting GVR..

hari om, hari om, hari om

please open the attachment - non hindus visiting GVR contd..

vijayam

Get the toolbar and be alerted to new email wherever you're surfing.

Don't get soaked. Take a quick peak at the forecast with the Search weather shortcut.

Guest guest

Ohm Narayanaya Namah

We are a small group of 600 plus members. Do we have to fight amongst us who should be allowed into Guruvayoor temple? The temple is ancient one and follows a set principles of Aachara. Initially all Hindus were not allowed but later opened to Hari-jans as they too are Hindus. In my village there is a temple where only Brahmins are allowed around the Sreekovil and I go around the chuttambalam. I have no complaint about that and I can live with that. In Guruvayoor Thanthri is the supreme authority, not the Devaswom board constituted by the Government, specially by a Communist Government who do not believe in God. This action by Shri Sudhakaran, the infamous minister, is nothing but politics. There should be no politics in religion and no religion in politics. Both should run parallel so that humanity can survive. It

is time the minister corrects himself. At home we invite friends, but not to ones bedroom where even own adult children are kept away

Now about who is a Hindu? As Vijayam said both parents should be followers of Hindu rituals or at-least one of them should.- I give importance to the Father. By birth one can be a Hindu; by following Sanathana Dharma one can be Hindu; and even in death one has to be a Hindu by permitting the body to be cremated. This -cremation- has added advantage of not polluting mother Earth and preventing future generation from diseases -due to decay- that could prop up through the water that seep through the soil and additionally grains, vegetables and fruits etc. that are produced on the earth. Besides that will provide more land for cultivation. Why not we take initiative and bring this to the attention of Christians and Muslims to follow this for the sake of future generation? Why not the Government bring a law or ordinance towards this?

Finally I attach an article about Lord Krishna that appeared in Mathrubhumi in section Varaantham, by Amma Amruthanandhamayi. Make sure you have malayalam fonts installed in your computer to read this. This one is important for saving the earth for the sake of humanity.

Ohm Narayanaya Namah

Chandra Sekharan Menon

vijayam <nityananda7guruvayur <guruvayur >Cc: NB NAIR <nbnair; Raghavan Pisharody <pisharody9Saturday, June 16, 2007 3:19:09 PM[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] non hindus visiting GVR..

hari om, hari om, hari om

please open the attachment - non hindus visiting GVR contd..

vijayam

Get the toolbar and be alerted to new email wherever you're surfing.