IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Re:what happens after getting moksh

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Jai Sreekrishna!! According to me, the truth remains (after moksha). Jai Sreekrishna!! "sreedhar c.p" <sreepal20 wrote: Hare Krishna, Any learned person can assist to find the answer for below Question? With Love, SreeVikrant <free_for_blue > wrote: i have a seriouse question that is been going in my mind since long.......when one cuts the cycle of death and re-birth and gets moksh or mukti then what happens...then what happens to the atman(the soul)....if one knows that this is his last physical life in this world and he will not be born again since he has now cut/stop the cycle of death & re-birth.....then what happens after this life to the soul....in this specific case where does the soul go after leaving the body...does it get dissolved in the cosmic universe or what...what is the final resting place or final destination for the atman(the

soul) in the infinite universe considering the scenario i gave now...any views ... Vikrant Be a PS3 game guru.Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at Games. Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Try it now.

Take the Internet to Go: Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos more.

Guest guest

HARI AUM

SwamiChitmayanandji's disourses of the Gita has been

insisting that the different 'yogas' are to be mixed

and matched as any one single yoga is not complete in

itself. To gain knowledge 'action' is a must and only

when the 'knowledge' matures 'bhakthi' appears. The

'bhakthi' as a 'yoga' comes after 'karma' and 'jnana'.

Practise of religion, chanting bhajans, mantras etc

are not be confused with the 'bhakthi' at the 'yoga'

level but a way to better once 'karma' which will

help him mature the 'jnana' that he acquires in the

process.

Regards

Balagopal

NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA

--- Sunil Menon <menon_sunil wrote:

> Sree,

>

> Depending upon the school of philosophy (Dwaita,

> Advaita, Vaishnava

> etc) you follow, the technical definition of

> 'Moksha' varies. But to

> commoners like me, the simplistic explanation is as

> follows-

>

> Moksha or Mukti is the liberation from the cycle of

> death and rebirth

> and the end to suffering and limitation of worldly

> existence.

>

> Liberation occurs when the individual soul

> (Jeevatma) dissolves with

> the universal soul (Paramatma) or Brahman.

>

> So, at the state of Moksha, individual soul

> dissolves in ParamAtma and

> our soul cease to exist and becomes a part of the

> universal 'oneness'.

>

> Self-realization (Aatma jnana) is the key to Moksha.

>

> There are four ways to self realization; Karma Yoga,

> Bhakti Yoga,

> Jnana Yoga, and Raja Yoga.

>

> And one must achieve Moksha on his or her own.

>

> I request all learned ones to elaborate more.

>

> Om Namo Narayanaya:

> Sunil.

>

>

>

> guruvayur , " sreedhar c.p "

> <sreepal20 wrote:

> >

> > Hare Krishna,

> >

> > Any learned person can assist to find the answer

> for below Question?

> >

> > With Love,

> > Sree

> >

> > Vikrant <free_for_blue wrote:

> > i have a seriouse question that is

> been going in my mind

> since long.......

> > when one cuts the cycle of death and re-birth and

> gets moksh or

> mukti then what happens...then what happens to the

> atman(the

> soul)....if one knows that this is his last physical

> life in this

> world and he will not be born again since he has now

> cut/stop the

> cycle of death & re-birth.....then what happens

> after this life to the

> soul....in this specific case where does the soul go

> after leaving the

> body...does it get dissolved in the cosmic universe

> or what...what is

> the final resting place or final destination for the

> atman(the soul)

> in the infinite universe considering the scenario i

> gave now...

> > any views ...

> >

> >

> > Vikrant

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Be a PS3 game guru.

> > Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and

> previews at

> Games.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Answers - Get better answers from someone

> who knows. Tryit now.

> >

>

>

>

________

India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something new

http://in.answers./

Guest guest

Hare Krishna, Sunil Bhai, Thank you very much. Lot to Learn. With Love, Sree Sunil Menon <menon_sunil wrote: Sree,Depending upon the school of philosophy (Dwaita, Advaita, Vaishnavaetc) you follow, the technical definition of 'Moksha' varies. But tocommoners like me, the simplistic explanation is as follows- Moksha or Mukti is the liberation from the cycle of death and rebirthand the end to suffering and limitation of worldly existence.Liberation occurs when the individual soul (Jeevatma) dissolves withthe universal soul (Paramatma) or Brahman.So, at the state of Moksha, individual soul dissolves in ParamAtma andour soul cease to exist and becomes a part of the universal 'oneness'. Self-realization (Aatma jnana) is the key to Moksha. There are four ways to self realization; Karma Yoga, Bhakti Yoga,Jnana Yoga, and Raja Yoga. And one must achieve Moksha on his or her own. I request all learned ones to elaborate more.Om Namo Narayanaya:Sunil.guruvayur , "sreedhar c.p" <sreepal20 wrote:>> Hare Krishna,> > Any learned person can assist to find the answer for below Question?> > With Love,> Sree> > Vikrant <free_for_blue wrote:> i have a seriouse question that is been going in my mindsince long.......> when one cuts the cycle of death and re-birth and gets moksh ormukti then what happens...then what happens to the atman(thesoul)....if one knows that this is his last physical life in thisworld and he will not be born again since he has now cut/stop thecycle of death & re-birth.....then what happens after this life to thesoul....in this specific case where does the soul go after leaving thebody...does it get dissolved in the cosmic universe or what...what isthe final resting place or final destination

for the atman(the soul)in the infinite universe considering the scenario i gave now...> any views ...> > > Vikrant> > > > > > > Be a PS3 game guru.> Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at Games. > > > > > > Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Tryit now.>

New Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more at the Mail Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna, Correct. It is a real fact. small world we should not waist time. With Love, SreeParameswaran <aniyan_ap wrote: Jai

Sreekrishna!! According to me, the truth remains (after moksha). Jai Sreekrishna!! "sreedhar c.p" <sreepal20 > wrote: Hare Krishna, Any learned person can assist to find the answer for below Question? With Love, SreeVikrant <free_for_blue > wrote: i have a seriouse question that is been going in my mind since long.......when one cuts the cycle of death and re-birth and gets moksh or mukti then what happens...then what happens to the atman(the soul)....if one knows that this is his last physical life in this world and he will not be born again since he has now cut/stop the cycle of death & re-birth.....then what happens after this life to the soul....in this specific case where does the soul go after leaving the body...does it get dissolved in the cosmic universe or what...what is the final resting place or final destination for the atman(the soul) in the infinite universe considering the scenario i gave now...any views ... Vikrant Be a PS3 game guru.Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at Games. Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Try it now. Take the Internet to Go: Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos more.

Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less, sign up for your free

account today.

Guest guest

Dear Sree, Sunil & Vikrant, Shree Guruvayurappa Sharanam! There are four kinds of liberation which a living-entity can get when he reaches the zenith of bhakti (devotion). They are: 1) Sarupya - Having the same form as Krishna's. 2) Salokya - Living in the same planet as Krishna's. 3) Samipya - Staying near the Lord always 4) Sarsti - Having the same opulence as the Lord. There is also a kind of liberation which the jnanis (one who is after the knowledge of Brahman) gets and that is called Sayujya (Merging with the Lord's Brahmajyoti effulgence) Hanumanji, who is the param bhakta of Shree Ramachandraji, was totally against Sayujya mukti because that took away from him the opportunity to render personal service to Shree Rama. Hare Krishna! ~Krishnadasa. Sunil Menon <menon_sunil wrote: Sree,Depending upon the school of philosophy (Dwaita, Advaita, Vaishnavaetc) you follow, the technical definition of 'Moksha' varies. But tocommoners like me, the simplistic explanation is as follows- Moksha or Mukti is the liberation from the cycle of death and rebirthand the end to suffering and limitation of worldly existence.Liberation occurs when the individual soul (Jeevatma) dissolves

withthe universal soul (Paramatma) or Brahman.So, at the state of Moksha, individual soul dissolves in ParamAtma andour soul cease to exist and becomes a part of the universal 'oneness'. Self-realization (Aatma jnana) is the key to Moksha. There are four ways to self realization; Karma Yoga, Bhakti Yoga,Jnana Yoga, and Raja Yoga. And one must achieve Moksha on his or her own. I request all learned ones to elaborate more.Om Namo Narayanaya:Sunil.guruvayur , "sreedhar c.p" <sreepal20 wrote:>> Hare Krishna,> > Any learned person can assist to find the answer for below Question?> > With Love,> Sree> > Vikrant <free_for_blue wrote:> i have a seriouse question that is been going in my mindsince long.......> when one cuts

the cycle of death and re-birth and gets moksh ormukti then what happens...then what happens to the atman(thesoul)....if one knows that this is his last physical life in thisworld and he will not be born again since he has now cut/stop thecycle of death & re-birth.....then what happens after this life to thesoul....in this specific case where does the soul go after leaving thebody...does it get dissolved in the cosmic universe or what...what isthe final resting place or final destination for the atman(the soul)in the infinite universe considering the scenario i gave now...> any views ...> > > Vikrant> > > > > > > Be a PS3 game guru.> Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at Games. > > > > >

> Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Tryit now.>

Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story. Play Sims Stories at Games.

Guest guest

Hari OM!

Question Answer Session with Swami Dayanada Saraswathi of Arsha Vidya Gurukulam

Q. What is Moksha according to Vedanta and by what process does it take place? And can you describe the relationship between liberation from bondage and the process of developing psychological maturity? In what ways are they the same or different?

Swamiji: Moksha is freedom from self-confusion, freedom from error about oneself. That's liberation. That is freedom. That also implies a lot of other things. There is freedom from becoming (saàsära). Then afterwards, there is freedom from birth and death etc., according to the karma model. In the model of karma, each person is born according to his or her own karma. The individual

jéva assumes different bodies at different times. And when an individual assumes a human body or equivalent to the human body enjoying a free will, one will gather karma. Otherwise one would be mechanical and there could be no new karma. Whenever one has free will, one can earn positive karma or comfortable situations (puëya). Or, one can earn uncomfortable situations (päpa). So, you can gather puëya and papa only in a human body, only when the jéva or individual has free will—a human body or equivalent to human body, we don't know, but you must have free will. Only then, can one gather new karma. Therefore, this cycle is self-perpetuating. It is beginningless. Its cause is ignorance, which has no beginning. Confusion, therefore, has no beginning. It means taking myself to be a doer (kartä), to be an experiencer (bhoktä). It means taking myself to be limited. This particular mistake is due to self-disowning, self-ignorance. And this will continue as long as one is under this spell. It is very similar to a long dream. In the dream, as we know it, everything is as though real, as long as one is under the spell of the dream. So this is a long dream with respect to the individual. Until one wakes up to the reality of oneself, the person is bound.

Once it is clearly known that the self is not bound by any limitation, that the self is free from karma, free from doership, free from birth and death, this dreamlike bondage cannot stage a comeback. Therefore, liberation or freedom is from this error, this ignorance centered on myself. And the process is the process of knowing the truth of myself. It has two parts. One is the emotional maturity. This also implies a life conforming to dharma and that is a long process. The whole lifetime one has to grow into that person. In this two-fold process, one is growing into that person who is emotionally secure, who has relative freedom from wrong attitudes and otherlocal problems. This is the first freedom. The second freedom is by knowledge. So, it is a two-fold freedom. And it is highly connected to emotional life because there is a self-growth involved in all this. Only after self-growth can there be self-discovery. Self-discovery is not growth. The self is already limitless. You don't grow into limitlessness. But you grow into a person who can own up that limitlessness, who can understand and

assimilate oneself. And that doesn't take place unless you ventilate the unconscious and resolve the hurt and guilt centered on the self. It all gets taken care of over a period of time. Therefore, a life of prayer is so important. A life of dharma and prayer, a life of growth and growing is called yoga. That growing is a life of yoga when there is an end in view, when the bigger picture is clearly recognized. Therefore the yoga includes all disciplines like values and healthy attitudes etc.

Q. What are the emotional benefits that result from liberation?

Swamiji: Emotionally, unless we are more or less free, we cannot have that knowledge. The liberating knowledge one can't really have unless one has gone through the process of emotional growth. What are the benefits of liberation? I would put it the other way—liberation is a benefit of emotional growth. Liberation itself is a benefit of emotional growth. We are not putting it the other way. We do not put the cart before the horse. We grow into that person who can understand. That person is emotionally mature. One who is emotionally mature is one who is able to manage one's emotional life, more or less, with a certain composure (samatvam). That certain self-satisfaction and self-image, all that is to be taken care of. Therefore, we don't bypass a solid emotional structure. Emotional needs must necessarily be satisfied. Thus we also have to take care of these things.

With love & OM!

Krishna Prasad

On 6/25/07, balagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpal wrote:

HARI AUMSwamiChitmayanandji's disourses of the Gita has beeninsisting that the different 'yogas' are to be mixedand matched as any one single yoga is not complete initself. To gain knowledge 'action' is a must and only

when the 'knowledge' matures 'bhakthi' appears. The'bhakthi' as a 'yoga' comes after 'karma' and 'jnana'.Practise of religion, chanting bhajans, mantras etcare not be confused with the 'bhakthi' at the 'yoga'

level but a way to better once 'karma' which willhelp him mature the 'jnana' that he acquires in theprocess.RegardsBalagopalNARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA --- Sunil Menon <menon_sunil wrote:

> Sree,> > Depending upon the school of philosophy (Dwaita,> Advaita, Vaishnava> etc) you follow, the technical definition of> 'Moksha' varies. But to> commoners like me, the simplistic explanation is as

> follows-> > Moksha or Mukti is the liberation from the cycle of> death and rebirth> and the end to suffering and limitation of worldly> existence.> > Liberation occurs when the individual soul

> (Jeevatma) dissolves with> the universal soul (Paramatma) or Brahman.> > So, at the state of Moksha, individual soul> dissolves in ParamAtma and> our soul cease to exist and becomes a part of the

> universal 'oneness'.> > Self-realization (Aatma jnana) is the key to Moksha.> > There are four ways to self realization; Karma Yoga,> Bhakti Yoga,> Jnana Yoga, and Raja Yoga.

> > And one must achieve Moksha on his or her own.> > I request all learned ones to elaborate more.> > Om Namo Narayanaya:> Sunil.> > > > guruvayur , " sreedhar c.p " > <sreepal20 wrote:> >

> > Hare Krishna,> >> > Any learned person can assist to find the answer> for below Question?> >> > With Love,> > Sree> >> > Vikrant <free_for_blue wrote:

> > i have a seriouse question that is> been going in my mind> since long.......> > when one cuts the cycle of death and re-birth and> gets moksh or> mukti then what happens...then what happens to the

> atman(the> soul)....if one knows that this is his last physical> life in this> world and he will not be born again since he has now> cut/stop the> cycle of death & re-birth.....then what happens

> after this life to the> soul....in this specific case where does the soul go> after leaving the> body...does it get dissolved in the cosmic universe> or what...what is> the final resting place or final destination for the

> atman(the soul)> in the infinite universe considering the scenario i> gave now...> > any views ...> >> >> > Vikrant> >> >> >

> >> >> > > > Be a PS3 game guru.> > Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and> previews at> Games.> >

> >> >> >> > > > Answers - Get better answers from someone> who knows. Tryit now.> >> > >

________ India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something new

http://in.answers./

-- dotcompals:

www.dotcompals.in .Org domain Names for just 2.5 USDKrishna PrasadDare to give up the comfort of the 'known' and venture into the 'unknown' The more we know, the more we will come to realize what we do not know.

If we want to achieve our true potential and live life to the fullest. As Poojya Gurudev said it, "Open your eyes. Burst your shell. Spread your wings and fly!"Swami ChinmayanandaHate not the sinner - hate the sin; and always hate the sin even with an excess of hatred. "

Guest guest

The Order as follows:-

1. Saalokya

2. Saameepya

3. Saaroopya

4. Saayoojya.

SAALOKYA : reach to Mahavishnu's Lokam(Vykunda)

SAAMEEPYA : reach to very near of Mahavishnu

SAAROOPYA : Becomes Mahavishnu (Look like Mahavishnu)

SAAYOOJYA : Merge into Mahavishnu.

If anybody want more details, please read either

Bhaagavatham or Naarayaneeyam.

thanks & regards,

K.S.Jain

Aero Freight Co. Ltd.

Doha, Qatar.

sa <krishnadasa77 wrote:

> Dear Sree, Sunil & Vikrant,

>

> Shree Guruvayurappa Sharanam!

>

> There are four kinds of liberation which a

> living-entity can get when he reaches the zenith of

> bhakti (devotion).

>

> They are:

>

> 1) Sarupya - Having the same form as Krishna's.

> 2) Salokya - Living in the same planet as

> Krishna's.

> 3) Samipya - Staying near the Lord always

> 4) Sarsti - Having the same opulence as the Lord.

>

> There is also a kind of liberation which the

> jnanis (one who is after the knowledge of Brahman)

> gets and that is called Sayujya (Merging with the

> Lord's Brahmajyoti effulgence)

>

> Hanumanji, who is the param bhakta of Shree

> Ramachandraji, was totally against Sayujya mukti

> because that took away from him the opportunity to

> render personal service to Shree Rama.

>

> Hare Krishna!

> ~Krishnadasa.

>

> Sunil Menon <menon_sunil wrote:

> Sree,

>

> Depending upon the school of philosophy (Dwaita,

> Advaita, Vaishnava

> etc) you follow, the technical definition of

> 'Moksha' varies. But to

> commoners like me, the simplistic explanation is as

> follows-

>

> Moksha or Mukti is the liberation from the cycle of

> death and rebirth

> and the end to suffering and limitation of worldly

> existence.

>

> Liberation occurs when the individual soul

> (Jeevatma) dissolves with

> the universal soul (Paramatma) or Brahman.

>

> So, at the state of Moksha, individual soul

> dissolves in ParamAtma and

> our soul cease to exist and becomes a part of the

> universal 'oneness'.

>

> Self-realization (Aatma jnana) is the key to Moksha.

>

>

> There are four ways to self realization; Karma Yoga,

> Bhakti Yoga,

> Jnana Yoga, and Raja Yoga.

>

> And one must achieve Moksha on his or her own.

>

> I request all learned ones to elaborate more.

>

> Om Namo Narayanaya:

> Sunil.

>

> guruvayur , " sreedhar c.p "

> <sreepal20 wrote:

> >

> > Hare Krishna,

> >

> > Any learned person can assist to find the answer

> for below Question?

> >

> > With Love,

> > Sree

> >

> > Vikrant <free_for_blue wrote:

> > i have a seriouse question that is been going in

> my mind

> since long.......

> > when one cuts the cycle of death and re-birth and

> gets moksh or

> mukti then what happens...then what happens to the

> atman(the

> soul)....if one knows that this is his last physical

> life in this

> world and he will not be born again since he has now

> cut/stop the

> cycle of death & re-birth.....then what happens

> after this life to the

> soul....in this specific case where does the soul go

> after leaving the

> body...does it get dissolved in the cosmic universe

> or what...what is

> the final resting place or final destination for the

> atman(the soul)

> in the infinite universe considering the scenario i

> gave now...

> > any views ...

> >

> >

> > Vikrant

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Be a PS3 game guru.

> > Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and

> previews at

> Games.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Answers - Get better answers from someone

> who knows. Tryit now.

> >

> Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! -

> their life, your story.

> Play Sims Stories at Games.

_________

Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer. Try it

now.

http://uk.answers./

Guest guest

Dear Sunil and others,My eyes are almost back to nomal tough it will be sometime before I do my regular posting but now n my computer is out of order. I am typing this from a friend;s house. I will give my views on moksha and what it means when my computer is repaired.saroja Ramanujambalagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpal wrote: HARI AUM SwamiChitmayanandji's disourses of the Gita has been insisting that the different 'yogas' are to be mixed and matched as any one single yoga is not complete in

itself. To gain knowledge 'action' is a must and only when the 'knowledge' matures 'bhakthi' appears. The 'bhakthi' as a 'yoga' comes after 'karma' and 'jnana'. Practise of religion, chanting bhajans, mantras etc are not be confused with the 'bhakthi' at the 'yoga' level but a way to better once 'karma' which will help him mature the 'jnana' that he acquires in the process. Regards Balagopal NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA --- Sunil Menon <menon_sunil > wrote: > Sree, > > Depending upon the school of philosophy (Dwaita, > Advaita, Vaishnava > etc) you follow, the technical definition of > 'Moksha' varies. But to > commoners like me, the simplistic explanation is as > follows- > > Moksha or Mukti is the liberation from the cycle of > death and rebirth > and the end

to suffering and limitation of worldly > existence. > > Liberation occurs when the individual soul > (Jeevatma) dissolves with > the universal soul (Paramatma) or Brahman. > > So, at the state of Moksha, individual soul > dissolves in ParamAtma and > our soul cease to exist and becomes a part of the > universal 'oneness'. > > Self-realization (Aatma jnana) is the key to Moksha. > > There are four ways to self realization; Karma Yoga, > Bhakti Yoga, > Jnana Yoga, and Raja Yoga. > > And one must achieve Moksha on his or her own. > > I request all learned ones to elaborate more. > > Om Namo Narayanaya: > Sunil. > > > > guruvayur , "sreedhar c.p" > <sreepal20 wrote: > >

> > Hare Krishna, > > > > Any learned person can assist to find the answer > for below Question? > > > > With Love, > > Sree > > > > Vikrant <free_for_blue wrote: > > i have a seriouse question that is > been going in my mind > since long....... > > when one cuts the cycle of death and re-birth and > gets moksh or > mukti then what happens...then what happens to the > atman(the > soul)....if one knows that this is his last physical > life in this > world and he will not be born again since he has now > cut/stop the > cycle of death & re-birth.....then what happens > after this life to the > soul....in this specific case where does the soul go > after leaving the > body...does it get dissolved in the cosmic universe > or

what...what is > the final resting place or final destination for the > atman(the soul) > in the infinite universe considering the scenario i > gave now... > > any views ... > > > > > > Vikrant > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Be a PS3 game guru. > > Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and > previews at > Games. > > > > > > > > > > > > Answers - Get better answers from someone > who knows. Tryit now. > > > > > ________ India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something new http://in.answers./ Dr. Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit. web address: http://www.geocities.com/sarojram18 http://freewebs.com/gitaclass

Finding fabulous fares is fun.Let FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight and hotel bargains.

Guest guest

Moksha means release.Mukthi also means the same Release from what? From the bondage of karma.The cycle of birth and death is due to karma and by following the path of spirituality outlined in the Gita namely, karamyoga, jnanayoga and bhakthiyoga, no matter which path you follow, they all lead to the same goal. All the paths converge in one place and there need be no debate as to which one to follow.Realisation of one's true nature removes the egocentric impulses which are the cause of desire motivated action resulting in bondage and rebirth.This is what Krishna advises Arjuna in the second chapter by the description of sthithaprajna, the man of wisdom.Knowledge or jnana may precede karmayoga which is strengthened by bhakthi. When one attains moksha there is no more rebirth. But what will be the experience then? Though different schools of philosophy define moksha differently, the point on which they all agree is that there is unconditioned bliss in the

state of release. Swam Chinmayananda has given the quotient of happiness, which I have explained in my posts on GIta,"panchajanyam hrishikesah." When you feel happy about some pleasant event like birth of a child it is because that particular desire is fulfilled and you stay happy until the next desire arises. So the real happiness is the state of mind between one desire and other when there is no desire.So if you can elongate that state your happiness is lengthened.This proves that it is desirelessness and not fulfilment of desire that produces happiness.The desires spring from ego which differentiates the individual self from the real self, which is of the nature of pure unalloyed bliss.This is moksha. Whether the individual self merges with Brahman, as advaita claims or it retains its identity not as such but as the part of the infinite as made out in Visishtadvaita or the individual soul remains doifferent but as the servant of God as

in Dvaita, the bliissexperienced is infinite and everlasting due to the absence of ego. I am willing to answer any questions on this topic if the above explanation does not sound clear enough. saroja Ramanujam . Dr. Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit. web address: http://www.geocities.com/sarojram18 http://freewebs.com/gitaclass

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

Check out fitting gifts for grads at Search.

Guest guest

I agree with you Mrs.Ramanujam.As I was away for some months I could not contact you which I hv infmed you earlier.Happy also to note that now you are well after the eye operation. Now what I understand about Moksha or Self Realization is that we accept that there is only Brahman and all things form part of that Primal Energy.But to get back into that source the human beings had to undergo experiences over several births and deaths and by breaking this cycle we reach the Ultimate Goal.For that one shuld shed ego,desires,jealousy etc and lead a disciplined and spiritual life.This does not mean that one shuld not hv desires which is not possible but attachment to desires will lead to a chain and create more desires and thus the karmic effects also will continue which act as a block to the Self to reach the aim of Realization.For that bhakthy,absolute faith in the Universal

Power,dedication,devotion etc are all required.By these sadhanas the power which lies in every human beng in the form of serpent at the base of the spine now remaining dormant shuld be activated and the same can be done only by few and can be raised by the Grace of a Guru who has already achieved great heights as otherwise it is risky.The awakened Kundalini power will traverse thru the various phlexes or chakras and over a period of continuous practice in meditation and yoga reaches the sahasrara chakra on the head and the seat of Brahman.When that stage is reached the body loses its consciousness and only the mind has the consciousness and absolute state of bliss or paramananda is enjoyed.Then there is no individual soul and only 'I'ness evefrywhere which is the quality of the Creator.When such stage is reached then there is no more birth or death as the karma effects are completely

diluted and the individual soul gets dissolved in the Universal Soul I hv covered this many times earlier and only thru such process Knowledge is attained and the cycle of births and deaths come to an end. It is a long process which can't be achieved in some births but can be attained if the seed has already been sown in an earlier birth or sow now so that in the coming births the same will sprout and blossom and the goal can be achieved.It is not necessary to go in search of a Guru as when one gets matured on the line the Guru himself will come in search of such individual soul to guide and goad on the right path to achieve the goal.This is applicabke to all disciplines whether advaita,dvaita. I don't know whether I am correct in my perception but this is what I hv learnt from some realised soul. Hare Krishna, agraman.Saroja Ramanujam

<sarojram18 wrote: Moksha means release.Mukthi also means the same Release from what? From the bondage of karma.The cycle of birth and death is due to karma and by following the path of spirituality outlined in the Gita namely, karamyoga, jnanayoga and bhakthiyoga, no matter which path you follow, they all lead to the same goal. All the paths converge in one place and there need be no debate as to which one to follow.Realisation

of one's true nature removes the egocentric impulses which are the cause of desire motivated action resulting in bondage and rebirth.This is what Krishna advises Arjuna in the second chapter by the description of sthithaprajna, the man of wisdom.Knowledge or jnana may precede karmayoga which is strengthened by bhakthi. When one attains moksha there is no more rebirth. But what will be the experience then? Though different schools of philosophy define moksha differently, the point on which they all agree is that there is unconditioned bliss in the state of release. Swam Chinmayananda has given the quotient of happiness, which I have explained in my posts on GIta,"panchajanyam hrishikesah." When you feel happy about some pleasant event like birth of a child it is because that particular desire is fulfilled and you stay happy until the next desire arises. So the real happiness is the state of mind between one desire and other when there is no

desire.So if you can elongate that state your happiness is lengthened.This proves that it is desirelessness and not fulfilment of desire that produces happiness.The desires spring from ego which differentiates the individual self from the real self, which is of the nature of pure unalloyed bliss.This is moksha. Whether the individual self merges with Brahman, as advaita claims or it retains its identity not as such but as the part of the infinite as made out in Visishtadvaita or the individual soul remains doifferent but as the servant of God as in Dvaita, the bliissexperienced is infinite and everlasting due to the absence of ego. I am willing to answer any questions on this topic if the above explanation does not sound clear enough. saroja Ramanujam . Dr. Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit. web address: http://www.geocities.com/sarojram18 http://freewebs.com/gitaclass Luggage? GPS? Comic books? Check out fitting gifts for grads at Search. Send free SMS to your Friends on Mobile from your Messenger. Download Now!

http://messenger./download.php