IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] KVG and other members?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Jai Sreekrishna Respected mother Thank you for reply in simple but convincing words and is infact Sreemad Bhagavad Githa in a nutshell. However, we being human beings will ofcourse find it little bit difficult to understand this. As Vijayaji said this is a piece of advise to one and all. The simple example is of Lord Sriramchadra. When he heard about the sad demise of father ,he also could not control himself. However, his kulaguru Vasishta Maharhsi could convince and console him . I am sure the piece of advise given by you in this mail would be able to pacify Jayashreeji to a certain extent Humbly Syamala vijayav47 <no_reply > wrote: -Respected Saroja Madam, your reply was as if coming from a mother to achild. It is applicable to all.we, your desciples go a step futher inspirituality with these kind of kind advices.Thanks and Pranamsvijaya venkatesh -- In guruvayur , Saroja Ramanujam <sarojram18 wrote:>> > Dear Jayasree,> > I am sorry to hear about your mother's demise and words fail me tocomfort you but i am reproducing below my answer to

a question from mywebpage on questions and answers which applies to your case.You saythat your son too was affected.It is your responsibility to be a towerof strength for him and make him get over it because he has his wholelife before him and has to emerge strong ans firm. Death is also asure happening in life as much as the birth. You must bear in mindthat a loved one never dies but only that you cannot see them or talkto them anymore. as they are moved to a land where there is nocommunication of any sort.Bhagavatgita is the only source of solace toman t any juncture and I have referred to it in my reply.> > > Question > How to tell the bereaved to be detached and happy.? > Answer > > I will try to answer the question '> I said I will try because detachment from matters of life can beunderstood somehow but it is difficult to explain detachment when itrelates to death.

First of all we must discuss what is meant by death.> Death is nothing to be afraid of. Jaathasya hi dhruvo mrthyuh, saysGita. > Death is sure for one who is born and it is like casting off oldclothes and > wearing new ones, to quote the Gita. In fact the first sign of > spiritual progress is the freedom from the fear of death. If we take > our whole existence from the time of creation a single life is an > infinitesimal part of it.> The people we live with are like the friends we makewhile travelling. We often become very much attached to those whotravel with us for a short time but we do not pine for them when theyget off at their destination. I do not say that we > should say bye-bye to those who leave from this world with out any > emotion. Of course the sadness will be there but armed with this > philosophy you will be able to regain your balance quickly. > Even our own

death should not be frightening andneither it is to be accepted > stoically but it should be faced with a healthy expectation and > curiosity as when you die it is only the body that dies and not the > real 'You' which is simply changing residence.> When we shift house we do not feel sorry and similarlywhen we shift to a new abode of physical existence we should not worry.> To go back to Gita again Krishna says> 'avayakthaadheena bhoothaani vyaktha madhyaani Bhaaratha > avyakthanidhanaanyeve thathra kaa paridevanaa,> The beginning of beings is unmanifest, their middle state is onlyperceived and their > end is again unmanifest. So why lament about the small portion which > is only visible?. That is to say , we do not > know where we came from and whither we go but we are only aware of > where we are at present So why worry about it.> Dhehino asmin yathaa dhehe

koumaaram youvanam jaraa thathaadhehaanthara praapthih, says Krishna. When we lose our childhood oryouth and change to old age > we do not grieve over it similar is the change over to another body > There is one who knows us from the time of creation tillour final > emancipation and that person is God. So trust Him to lead us through. > Now coming to the question as to how can you tellsomeone to be happy when the have had a bereavement, the answer is'Don't tell them so.' But if you are armed with detachment anddiscrimination you will be able to comfort them to come out of it. Youmay ask whether a detached person will never have any feeling whensomeone near and dear to him dies. Sure he does but not in the waythat a worldly man does. He knows the realities of life and hasdiscrimination as to which is permanent and which is not. His sadnessis due to parting as he knows it is not a loss of life but

acontinuation. So not only he regains his mental equipoise quickly butalso becomes the pillar of strength to those around.> > saroja Ramanujam> > > > > Dr. Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani insanskrit.> web address: http://www.geocities.com/sarojram18> http://freewebs.com/gitaclass> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Choose the right car based on your needs. Check out Autosnew Car Finder tool.>

Don't get soaked. Take a quick peak at the forecast with the Search weather shortcut.