IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Experience with MY KANNAN

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Sunilji, It's great to see your mail encouraging Shyamalaji and I agree fully with your opinion that Shyamalaji should take writing about Krishna as an alternative profession. I was trying to understand this statement from you -- "...and sentimental Bhakthi towards Guruvayoorappan is just a part of that samsara attachment..." .. And then finally came to conclusion that real Bhakti is not just a sentiment but it also means that we get detached from the material world (Virakti Anyatra Cha). In Srimad-Bhagavatam this is very beautifully explained as: [ Bhakti, Para Isha Anubhava, Viraktir Anyatra Cha, Esha Trika Eka Kaalah, Prapadyamaanaasya, Yad Ashnuta Syuh, Tushti, Pushti, Kshud-Apaayo Anu Ghaasam "Devotion, direct experience of the Supreme

Lord, and detachment from other things — these three occur simultaneously for one who has taken shelter of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, in the same way that pleasure, nourishment and relief from hunger come simultaneously and increasingly, with each bite, for a person engaged in eating. " - SB 11.2.42 - http://vedabase.net/sb/11/2/42/ ] Shree Krishna Sharanam Mama! ~Krishnadasa.Sunil Menon <menon_sunil wrote: Dear

Shayamalaji, Thank you so much for sharing your experience withall of us. It is very touching to read and experiencing your deep Bhakti andsentiments. Many of us share the same sentimental attachment with Guruvayur and our dear Krishna. As Sarojaji mentioned in an earlier mail, "All of us are in thesamsara only and have not renounced the world" and sentimentalBhakthi towards Guruvayoorappan is just a part of that samsara attachment.We all are blessed to have people like you who could narrate so wellin the group. I can definitely say I got a virtual darshan of HIMthrough your mail and it also compelled me to visit Guruvayoor moreoften. I would highly recommend you to take up writing as an alternativeprofession as I am impressed with your ability of narration.Thank you.Loka Samstha Sukhino Bhavanthu.Om Namo Narayanaya:Sunil.guruvayur , Syamala Nair <syamalaraghunathwrote:>> Jai Sreekrishna> > Further to our earlier message, I would like to share myexperience with Kannan when I had been at Gurupavanapuram in themiddle of last month with the members of this great group> > This time we spent five days at Guruvayoor so that we can havemore darshan of HIM.> As all must be aware, now the line for Darshan does not go roundthe temple. Now the entrance to the temple is restricted from EastNada only and there is a fly over which takes us straight away to theSreekovil nada. By the grace of Kannan, we were able to witness mostof the poojas at different intervals> > For two days, we had to stand in the queue for nearly 3 hoursbefore we could reach the Sreekovil nada.Other three days it was notthat crowded.> >

On one of the days, we were standing on the flyover waiting forour turn. Although we three, myself, my daughter and we were standingone after the other in the queue, each one was busy in their ownprayer and no talk at all. My husband knows Jnanapana and he wascontinuously chanting the same. My daughter was chanting Hare Krishnamantram and myself whatever keertans and slokams I knew. On thatparticular day I was chanting 108 Hari. > > Pattu Konakam> > Normally I take receipt of archana and when collecting theprasadam I ask for a pattu konakam which they give with pleasure. Thistime I did not take any receipt for archana and all the while I wasthinking if only I could get one without asking. I left the matterunto HIM and continued with my 108 Hari. By the time I reachedSreekovil I had completed 108 Hari and started chanting GovindaGovinda. . Volunteers were as usual shouting "vegam vegam

thozhutuneenguka". I was very happy that we had a very good and clear darshanof Kannan and must have moved just one or two steps from Sreekovilnada. Suddenly I had an urge to look behind. Though the volunteerswere still continuing with the usual pallavi, I turned around chantingHIS name. For a second I could not believe my eyes. There was onePattukonakam lying just in front of the Sreekovil.Since it was rainingthat day, it was completely wet. I picked up the same. I could notcontrol my tears .I forgot everything> at that one moment and stood before the Recoil like a statue. SoonI heard the volunteer saying, vegam vegam thozhutu neenguka" andveentum varika ". With the pattukonakam kept close to my heart, Istepped forward and reached the backside of the temple. There Ioffered my pranams to my KANNAN for this karunyam on this eliyaval .> > Suddenly it came to my mind that each and every moment my

KANNANis running around this temple and even the manalathari in thetemple is blessed to have his Padaravindam placed anywhere andeverywhere and I wanted to just roll over there. But I know I cannot do that. So what, with both my palms I collected the manalthari and applied the same on my face, neck hands and the happiness I derived out of it cannot be explained in words> > Agre Pashyami> > I had heard lots and lots from my Guru regarding Narayaneeyam andespecially the 100th dasakam which was written after Shree Melpatturjigot the divine darshan of KANNAN. After completing the firstSampoornam in 2005, I had made it a point to recite this dasakameveryday infront of the vigraham of Kannan in my house. Beforestarting, I always request HIM to be present around and hear myparayanam and I always could feel his presence with small thingslike flower falling down, fluttering of malyipeeli etc. Ever since

Istarted the nitya parayanam of Agre Pashyami in 2005 I was wonderingwhether I shall get a chance to recite the same standing infront of myKANNAN at GurupavanapuramEvery year by the grace of God, we go toGuruvayoor during vcation, but nevet got a chance, but my hopes werestill alive and believed firmly that will happen with HIS grace. Thisyear while standing at the flyover for my turn, all the time chantingHIS GLORY, I realized that there> is no forward movement of the devotees for quite some time. Then Iheard someone saying that there is Udayasthamana pooja on thatparticular day and Thirunada will be closed and opened at regularintervals. I must accept that I felt jealousy of those devoteeswho were standing at the Sreekovil Nada and having Darshan of Kannanas soon as Thirunada is opened. Slowly after there was forwardmovement of the crowd and I found myself standing at the very spotwhere Shree

Melpathoorji sat and wrote Narayaneeyam. I did have aglimpse of KANNAN and then Thirunada was closed for some pooja. Idecided to try my luck of reciting Agrepashyami then and there. Ibowed my head in respect to that Punyatman, kept dakshina and startedreciting Agrepashyami. Needless to say, tears were rolling down mycheeks thinking of the Karunyam of my Thampuran. To my uttersurprise when I reached the second last slokam " Yogindranam " ,Thirunada opened and on the tope of my voice,> I shouted Ente Ponnu Krishna Karunya sindho" . At that time forme no one were there except me and my KANNAN. After a few moments,Ihead the sheer sound of volunteers asking to move ahead and Istarted moving alongwith other devotees and almost completed the lastslokam by the time I reached infront of my KANNAN. To me everythingwas like a dream and suddenly I realized that there are no boundariesfor HIS love and affection `Bhakatanam

Kamavarsham" > > I had a very very good Darshan of my KANNAN for several times aday this year and I could not express how difficult it was for me toleave Guruvayoor. I told HIM Enta Kanna, now I shall have to wait foranother year before I can come to HIS abode. Suddenly I felt as ifHE is telling me you have enough of experience this time and timewill fly fast with those memories and I am with you always. What elseI need> > Hope I did not bore you all with this lengthy message.> > > With koti koti pranams at HIS LOTUS FEET> > Humbly> Syamala> > > > Got a little couch potato? > Check out fun summer activities for kids.>

Looking for a deal? Find great prices on flights and hotels with FareChase.