IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Guruvayur Temple Changes Dress Code to Allow Women in Churidar's

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hari OM!

Dear Varshaji,

NO words to say ............ and praise You.. we need Hindu women like You.

Come what may this dirty politicians say... we follow our own traditions..

Hats off to you... recently my would be said from now on I can use Churidhar even

inside Guruvayur Temple, I said No way............... inside Guruvayur temple only Saree

or Kerala Traditional dress Mundum Neriyathum!

Hare Guruvayurappa!

May God Bless

With Love & OM!

Krishna Prasad

On 7/28/07, Varsha <drvknaik wrote:

-I come from north India . There are no problems of women wearing saree there. I strongly feel old traditions are deliberately with UNITED efforts SHOULD be maintained. THE SAREE MUST BE MANDATORY to entire temple premises . The traditions cant be yielded to discomforts of today's women. throughout they wear churidar /jeans or anything . IN TEMPLE EVERYONE HAS TO COME IN SAREE. I implore all the HINDU INDIAN WOMEN TO WEAR ONLY SAREE AND ENTER TEMPLE EVEN IF

LAW MAKERS IMPLEMENT TO CHANGE THE TRADITION!!!WITH HUMBLE REGARDS<A STAUNCH YOUNG KRISHNA BHAKTADR>VARSHA

guruvayur , " sreedhar c.p " <sreepal20 wrote:>> Guruvayur Temple Changes Dress Code to Allow Women in Churidar's> > GURUVAYUR, KERALA, July 27, 2007: Kerala's famed Guruvayur temple declared a change in the dress code - now women can enter the shrine wearing the churidar instead of the traditional sari. In Kerala, churidar is a synonym for salwar-kameez, and in the past women were allowed to go inside the Sri Krishna Temple here only in saris. But Vijayan Nambiar, manager of the temple, said the Guruvayur Devasthanam Board had taken a decision on churidars at its meeting Thursday. " This was a long-pending demand from several women, especially those who arrive in large numbers from north India where saris are not that common. Moreover in Kerala too, the churidar has become common, " said Nambiar. He added the change was taking place after discussions between the Board and several Hindu organizations.

> > in.news.> > > > Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Tryit now.

> -- dotcompals:

www.dotcompals.in .Org domain Names for just 2.5 USDKrishna PrasadDare to give up the comfort of the 'known' and venture into the 'unknown' The more we know, the more we will come to realize what we do not know.

If we want to achieve our true potential and live life to the fullest. As Poojya Gurudev said it, "Open your eyes. Burst your shell. Spread your wings and fly!"Swami ChinmayanandaHate not the sinner - hate the sin; and always hate the sin even with an excess of hatred. "

Guest guest

Ohm Narayanaya Namah

I support Dr. Varsha Naik and Krishna Prasad's demand for ladies wearing Saree for the temple visits.

I faintly remember, while I was a small boy of 10,-sixty years back-, all those who wanted entry into Sreekovil should have taken bath in the nearby pond and enter with the wet cloth only. The time has changed. Now people take bath in the hotel or nearby house and enter the temple, only restriction is that gents should wear dhoti without a shirt on. Let us be little kind hearted to those young girls who cannot or do not know how to wear a Saree properly and save their time on not concentrating about their Saree which may be sliding down or falling off !!! Allow them to concentrate on Lord Guruvayoorappan all the time while going around the temple. I personally feel it is a good decision by the Devasom board but I do not want to hurt others feelings.

Ohm Narayanaya Namah

Chandra Sekharan Menon

Krishna Prasad <rkrishp99guruvayur Sent: Sunday, July 29, 2007 12:10 l:50 PMRe: [Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Re: Guruvayur Temple Changes Dress Code to Allow Women in Churidar's

Hari OM!

Dear Varshaji,

NO words to say ............ and praise You.. we need Hindu women like You.

Come what may this dirty politicians say... we follow our own traditions..

Hats off to you... recently my would be said from now on I can use Churidhar even

inside Guruvayur Temple, I said No way......... ...... inside Guruvayur temple only Saree

or Kerala Traditional dress Mundum Neriyathum!

Hare Guruvayurappa!

May God Bless

With Love & OM!

Krishna Prasad

On 7/28/07, Varsha <drvknaik > wrote:

-I come from north India . There are no problems of women wearing saree there. I strongly feel old traditions are deliberately with UNITED efforts SHOULD be maintained. THE SAREE MUST BE MANDATORY to entire temple premises . The traditions cant be yielded to discomforts of today's women. throughout they wear churidar /jeans or anything . IN TEMPLE EVERYONE HAS TO COME IN SAREE. I implore all the HINDU INDIAN WOMEN TO WEAR ONLY SAREE AND ENTER TEMPLE EVEN IF LAW MAKERS IMPLEMENT TO CHANGE THE TRADITION!!!WITH HUMBLE REGARDS<A STAUNCH YOUNG KRISHNA BHAKTADR>VARSHAguruvayur@grou ps.com, "sreedhar c.p" <sreepal20@.. .> wrote:>> Guruvayur Temple Changes Dress Code to Allow Women in Churidar's> > GURUVAYUR, KERALA, July 27, 2007: Kerala's famed Guruvayur

temple declared a change in the dress code - now women can enter the shrine wearing the churidar instead of the traditional sari. In Kerala, churidar is a synonym for salwar-kameez, and in the past women were allowed to go inside the Sri Krishna Temple here only in saris. But Vijayan Nambiar, manager of the temple, said the Guruvayur Devasthanam Board had taken a decision on churidars at its meeting Thursday. "This was a long-pending demand from several women, especially those who arrive in large numbers from north India where saris are not that common. Moreover in Kerala too, the churidar has become common," said Nambiar. He added the change was taking place after discussions between the Board and several Hindu organizations. > > in.news.. com> > > ------------ --------- --------- --->

Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Tryit now.>-- dotcompals: www.dotcompals. in .Org domain Names for just 2.5 USDKrishna PrasadDare to give up the comfort of the 'known' and venture into the 'unknown' The more we know, the more we will come to realize what we do not know. If we want to achieve our true potential and live life to the fullest. As Poojya Gurudev said it, "Open your eyes. Burst your shell. Spread your wings and fly!"Swami ChinmayanandaHate not the sinner - hate the sin; and always hate the sin even with an excess of hatred."

Guest guest

Krishna!!!! If these proceed like this, in a very short time, ladies may like to get married with Churidar, Salwaar Kameez, Jeans, etc. and wil teh parents and the others will yield for it??? Churidar and Salwar Kameez are something like a traditional dress in North India. So, I strongly recommend not to relax the rules and the tradition. India is recognized and respected all the over world for the tradition. Please don't kill our tradition and ourselves. If they do this to ladies, soon gents will ask for trousers and Jeans. Will the devasam yield to this also??? Dr. Hari Krishna Om Santhi Om Santhi Om SanthiKrishna Prasad <rkrishp99 wrote: Hari OM! Dear Varshaji, NO words to say ............ and praise You.. we need Hindu women like You. Come what may this dirty politicians say... we follow our own traditions.. Hats off to you... recently my would be said from now on I can use Churidhar even inside Guruvayur Temple, I said No way............... inside Guruvayur temple only Saree or Kerala Traditional dress Mundum Neriyathum! Hare Guruvayurappa! May God Bless With Love & OM! Krishna

Prasad On 7/28/07, Varsha <drvknaik > wrote: -I come from north India . There are no problems of women wearing saree there. I strongly feel old traditions are deliberately with UNITED efforts SHOULD be maintained. THE SAREE MUST BE MANDATORY to entire temple premises . The traditions cant be yielded to discomforts of today's women. throughout they wear churidar /jeans or anything . IN TEMPLE EVERYONE HAS TO COME IN SAREE. I implore all the HINDU INDIAN WOMEN TO WEAR ONLY SAREE AND ENTER TEMPLE EVEN IF LAW MAKERS IMPLEMENT TO CHANGE THE TRADITION!!!WITH HUMBLE REGARDS<A STAUNCH YOUNG KRISHNA BHAKTADR>VARSHAguruvayur , "sreedhar c.p" <sreepal20 wrote:>> Guruvayur Temple Changes Dress Code to Allow Women in Churidar's> > GURUVAYUR, KERALA, July 27, 2007: Kerala's famed Guruvayur temple declared a change in the dress code - now women can enter the shrine wearing the churidar instead of the traditional sari. In Kerala, churidar is a synonym for salwar-kameez, and in the past women were allowed to go inside the Sri Krishna Temple here only in saris. But Vijayan Nambiar, manager of the temple, said the Guruvayur Devasthanam Board had taken a decision on churidars at its meeting Thursday. "This was a long-pending demand from several women, especially those who arrive in large numbers from north India where saris are not that common. Moreover in Kerala too, the churidar has become common," said Nambiar.

He added the change was taking place after discussions between the Board and several Hindu organizations. > > in.news.> > > > Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Tryit now.>-- dotcompals: www.dotcompals.in .Org domain Names for just 2.5 USDKrishna PrasadDare to give up the comfort of the 'known' and venture into the 'unknown' The more we know, the more we will come to realize what we do not know. If we want to achieve our true potential and live life to the fullest. As Poojya Gurudev said it, "Open your eyes. Burst your shell. Spread your wings and

fly!"Swami ChinmayanandaHate not the sinner - hate the sin; and always hate the sin even with an excess of hatred."

Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish. Click here to know how.

Guest guest

Dear Mr. Chandras Menon Ji, Of course I know very well that I can't change the decission made by the devasom Board. But, it doesn't mean that we should not disclose our displeasure. On this ground, I agree with Dr. Varsha Ji and extremely sorry to say that I totally disagree with you Mr. Chandrasmenon Ji. I lived in Delhi for ten years. In all of the North Indian Hindu Marriages, the girl will wear only Saree and no other modern dress, during the marriages. Also, most of the women, after marriage, wear ONLY Saree. So I won't agree to your statement "Let us be little kind enough...." We have dress code for every thing. Isn't it? If we go for party, we have pary wear. Like this, we have formal and informal dresses. So, I strongly say that the tradition should not be changed. I like to express one more thing. When I was a small child, at about 5 Years,

my maternal Uncle took me to Guruvayur from Shangottah. We took bath in the acred water of the temple, with dhoti - My uncle and me too - Muzham Thondthu. Even now, whenever I go to Guruvayur, all our family members took bath in the sacred water of the pond, and myself and my son (now seven years old) wear only Dhothi. My wife from Delhi, she wears only saree and my daughter too wear Saree. The point is, let's forget about Devasam Board. We will keep our tadition. Again I like to stress that, India is respected for its tradition. Please let's not destroy our tradition and destroy our self. Dr. Hari Krishna China Om Santhi Om Santhi Om SanthiVarsha <drvknaik wrote: hare krishna!!!!There are very few temples which insist dress code . most of the temples do not have dress code. So a place like Guruvayur when gives way to pressure yielded from society , politics etc. , the common man's strength and beliefs diminishes , people will feel oh! if Guruvayur can flex rules we can anytime take for granted anything.people need to see in practice the orthodox ways then may be some of the rules they will follow .to say about me , i will not enter guruvayur temple without the traditional dress code . if today saree is talked as inconvenience tomorrow any tradition will be a inconvenience to a modern taste women. i am a convent educated girl

staying in Dubai and most of the time my outfits are only Modern , but i dont see it the necessity to follow the same dress code in temple , there are places where we can wear are modern outfits and places where we should remember and abide our traditions!Common just see these flexing rules are going to the extent to allow women in sabari mala too.Coming from North india , i have always appreciated the orthodox methods of kerala , wake up kerala - do not yield to modernisations tin temples. kerala temples are something where because of the orthodox practice the sanctity is of High power and anyone easily feels the vibes even before enetering the kshetras.Hare krishna!!Dr. varsha santhoshguruvayur , Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002 wrote:>> Ohm Narayanaya Namah> I support Dr. Varsha Naik and

Krishna Prasad's demand for ladies wearing Saree for the temple visits. > I faintly remember, while I was a small boy of 10,-sixty years back-, all those who wanted entry into Sreekovil should have taken bath in the nearby pond and enter with the wet cloth only. The time has changed. Now people take bath in the hotel or nearby house and enter the temple, only restriction is that gents should wear dhoti without a shirt on. Let us be little kind hearted to those young girls who cannot or do not know how to wear a Saree properly and save their time on not concentrating about their Saree which may be sliding down or falling off !!! Allow them to concentrate on Lord Guruvayoorappan all the time while going around the temple. I personally feel it is a good decision by the Devasom board but I do not want to hurt others feelings. > Ohm Narayanaya Namah> Chandra Sekharan Menon > > > >

> Krishna Prasad <rkrishp99> guruvayur > Sunday, July 29, 2007 12:10 l:50 PM> Re: [Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Re: Guruvayur Temple Changes Dress Code to Allow Women in Churidar's> > Hari OM!> > Dear Varshaji,> > NO words to say ............ and praise You.. we need Hindu women like You.> Come what may this dirty politicians say... we follow our own traditions..> > Hats off to you... recently my would be said from now on I can use Churidhar even> inside Guruvayur Temple, I said No way......... ...... inside Guruvayur temple only Saree> or Kerala Traditional dress Mundum Neriyathum!> > Hare Guruvayurappa!> > May God Bless> > With Love & OM!> > Krishna

Prasad> > > On 7/28/07, Varsha <drvknaik > wrote: > > -I come from north India . There are no problems of women wearing > saree there. I strongly feel old traditions are deliberately with > UNITED efforts SHOULD be maintained. THE SAREE MUST BE MANDATORY to > entire temple premises . The traditions cant be yielded to > discomforts of today's women. throughout they wear churidar /jeans > or anything . IN TEMPLE EVERYONE HAS TO COME IN SAREE. I implore all > the HINDU INDIAN WOMEN TO WEAR ONLY SAREE AND ENTER TEMPLE EVEN IF > LAW MAKERS IMPLEMENT TO CHANGE THE TRADITION!!!> > WITH HUMBLE REGARDS<> A STAUNCH YOUNG KRISHNA BHAKTA> DR>VARSHA> > guruvayur@grou ps.com, "sreedhar c.p" <sreepal20@ .> > wrote:> >> > Guruvayur Temple Changes Dress Code to Allow Women in

Churidar's> > > > GURUVAYUR, KERALA, July 27, 2007: Kerala's famed Guruvayur > temple declared a change in the dress code - now women can enter the > shrine wearing the churidar instead of the traditional sari. In > Kerala, churidar is a synonym for salwar-kameez, and in the past > women were allowed to go inside the Sri Krishna Temple here only in > saris. But Vijayan Nambiar, manager of the temple, said the > Guruvayur Devasthanam Board had taken a decision on churidars at its > meeting Thursday. "This was a long-pending demand from several > women, especially those who arrive in large numbers from north India > where saris are not that common. Moreover in Kerala too, the > churidar has become common," said Nambiar. He added the change was > taking place after discussions between the Board and several Hindu > organizations. > > > >

in.news.. com> > > > > > ------------ --------- --------- ---> > Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Tryit > now.> >> > > > > > -- > dotcompals: www.dotcompals. in > .Org domain Names for just 2.5 USD> > > Krishna Prasad> > Dare to give up the comfort of the 'known' and venture into the 'unknown' > The more we know, the more we will come to realize what we do not know. > If we want to achieve our true potential and live life to the fullest. > > As Poojya Gurudev said it, > > "Open your eyes. Burst your shell. > Spread your wings and fly!"> > Swami Chinmayananda> Hate not the sinner - hate the sin; and always hate the sin even with an excess of

hatred.">

Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now

• 3 weeks later...

the authority allowed churidar very bad decision. i agree that north indians mailnly use churidar. but what about pant? why nobody in authority not tell about it? actually no need of any dress codes for praying but we try to follow our culture in temples tats y before , the authority make dhothi & saree any way iswarecha nadakkum Varsha <drvknaik wrote: -I come from north India . There are no problems of women wearing saree there. I strongly feel old traditions are deliberately with UNITED efforts SHOULD be maintained. THE SAREE MUST BE MANDATORY to entire temple premises . The traditions cant be yielded to discomforts of today's women. throughout they wear churidar /jeans or anything . IN TEMPLE EVERYONE HAS TO COME IN SAREE. I implore all the HINDU INDIAN WOMEN TO WEAR ONLY SAREE AND ENTER TEMPLE EVEN IF LAW MAKERS IMPLEMENT TO CHANGE THE TRADITION!!!WITH HUMBLE REGARDS<A STAUNCH YOUNG KRISHNA BHAKTADR>VARSHAguruvayur , "sreedhar c.p" <sreepal20 wrote:>> Guruvayur Temple Changes Dress Code to Allow Women in Churidar's>

> GURUVAYUR, KERALA, July 27, 2007: Kerala's famed Guruvayur temple declared a change in the dress code - now women can enter the shrine wearing the churidar instead of the traditional sari. In Kerala, churidar is a synonym for salwar-kameez, and in the past women were allowed to go inside the Sri Krishna Temple here only in saris. But Vijayan Nambiar, manager of the temple, said the Guruvayur Devasthanam Board had taken a decision on churidars at its meeting Thursday. "This was a long-pending demand from several women, especially those who arrive in large numbers from north India where saris are not that common. Moreover in Kerala too, the churidar has become common," said Nambiar. He added the change was taking place after discussions between the Board and several Hindu organizations.> > in.news.> > > >

Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Tryit now.>

Download prohibited? No problem. CHAT from any browser, without download.