IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] MOTHER Mathru Panchakam (Thanks to all for condolence messages)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hari OM!

Dear Narayanas in Masks!

Thanks to all for the condolence messages.. it it really soothing, and peace giving. May Guruvayurappan bless all for all the peaceful messages. May GOD Bless.

At this time of deep sorrow I am just including SRI ADI SANKARACHARYA's MATHRU PANCHAKAM. With this He has written this 5 slokas after HIS MOTHER's Death. May GOD Bless all Peace be here.

Sankar¨¡c¨¡rya's M¨¡tr Pancakam

Remembering ¨¡c¨¡ry¨¡'s bhakthi towards Motherhood and his polemics in describing the Nature of her compassion._________________

The Mother of all worlds is Ksama ¨C patience. Ksama is Kriya the cosmic force & she is composure of compassion. She is none but M¨¡y¨¡. The immense bliss is her innate nature as she is the divine consort of Lord Visnu, as Sankar¨¡c¨¡rya says 'Vaisnavim s¨¡m M¨¡y¨¡m' She renders the divine wisdom which is as sweet as Honey (Amrta). She is hence called Madhu-mathi. By her pleasing phenomenal postulations, she is magical in Phenomenon. She is inseperable from the Ultimate abode ¨C Visnu ¨C jagat kartrtvam iswaratvam m¨¡yikam ¨¥va. She manifests with Visnu Bhakthi. She bears the golden womb and known as Hiranmayi. By her absolute pure compassion daya, she makes Vishnu Black like 'moisture bearing clouds' in the sky. Mother M¨¡ya is so intimate to Vishnu and her luster illuminates the world. She is Vishnu amsa says B¨¡gavata Mah¨¡pur¨¡na 'sa vai bhagavatas s¨¡ks¨¡t Vishnor ams¨¡msa sambhavah' She is tranquil (s¨¡ntata) and trance. Such is the nature of M¨¡ya as she is the mother of Universe. Sankar¨¡c¨¡rya considers his mother as the incarnation of the Universal Mother ¨C M¨¡y¨¡ and worships her by the following five stanzas, popularly known as M¨¡tr pancakam. On account of Mothers day, it is indeed important to meditate on ¨¡c¨¡ry¨¡s words, those that are relevant in each and every walk of our lives.

Aasth¨¡m t¨¡vaddiyam prasoothi samaye durv¨¡ra soola vyath¨¡, nairuchyam thanu soshanam malamay¨© sayy¨¡ cha samvatsar¨©, ¨¥kasy¨¡pi na garbha b¨¡ra bharana kl¨¥sasya yasya kshmahDhathum nishkruthi munnathopi thanayas tasya jananyai namah 1

Pad¨¡rtha:Aasth¨¡m t¨¡vaddiyam what can be compared to the care prasoothi samaye during the time of my birth durv¨¡ra irresistible hard pain soola vyath¨¡ the sharp pain,nairuchyam (your) health thanu Body (condition) soshanam withered and dessicated malamay¨© troubled with dirt sayy¨¡ in bed cha samvatsar¨© for a year long,¨¥kasy¨¡pi garbha b¨¡ra the weight of the foetus bharana bearing na without kl¨¥sasya distress and aversion yasya for your akshmah irresistible suffering Dh¨¡thum having given nishkruthi my atonement munnathopi (however) Noble thanayas son tasyai your jananyai oh mother namah I salute

V¨¡cy¨¡rtha:Oh divine mother! It is you who forbeared the immense pain that casued during the time of labour, When I was born to you. Oh mother you kindly made me sleep beside you even when I was stinking with excretions. It was due to me Oh Mother your body was made thin due to pain and hunger.you treated me as a jewel adorning your waist for all those months you bore me in your womb. For all these in return, what do I have with me my dear Mother ! I can never imagine any thing in this world that can compensate your compassion. however high may I go, nothing best will reach apart from you lotus feet.Oh Mother I worship you!

gurukulamupasruthya swapnakaale thu drushvt¨¡, yathi samuchitha v¨¥sham pr¨¡rudho m¨¡m tvamucch¨¥hgurukulamadha sarva pr¨¡rudatth¨¥ samakshamsapadhi charanayosth¨¥ m¨¡thurasthu pran¨¡m¨¡. 2

Pad¨¡thaGurukulamupasruthya Having reached my Teachers residence swapnakaale thu in your dreams drushvt¨¡ when you saw me, yathi as an ascetic samuchitha v¨¥sham wholly in that attire pr¨¡rudho rushed m¨¡m unto me tvamucch¨¥h you cried aloud gurukulamadha in my teachers place sarva everyone pr¨¡rudatth¨¥ (were) emotionally stirred samaksham (when they saw your compassion) manifested before their eyes sapadhi that moment charanayosth¨¥ the bliss that I had m¨¡thurasthu Oh Mother! Pran¨¡m¨¡ My Salutaions.

V¨¡cy¨¡rthaOh my dearest mother! While in your dreams when you say me as an ascetic, you wept and rushed to my place where I studied. Cuddled and fondled me with warmth and love. On seeing this, my teacher and fellow students were moved by your passionate love. I am still frozen by this oh mother! I do not know anything else except to fall at your lotus feet to offer my salutations.

ambethi th¨¡th¨¥thi shiv¨¥thi tasmin, prasoothikale yadavocha ucch¨¥h, krishnethi govinda hare mukunda, iti janany¨¥ rachito ayamanjali 3

During the terrible time of hard labour while you delivered me, Oh Mother ! you cried aloud the auspicious names of the Supreme God 'Hey Hari! Govinda! And Mukundha!' I helpless when I think of that pain you endeavored then. What do I do in return ? Please accept by humble prostration unto your feet, my dearest Mother !

na dattam mathasth¨¥ marana samay¨¥ thoyamapi v¨¡, svadhaa v¨¡ no dh¨¥y¨¡ maranadivas¨¥ sr¨¡dha vidhinana japthv¨¡ mathasth¨¥ marana samay¨¥ th¨¡raka manur, ak¨¡le sampr¨¡pth¨¥ mayi kuru dhay¨¡m m¨¡tharathulaam 4

I was not here with you to give water when you are in need. Neither did I offer the last oblative ceremonies that'll aid your last journey! I did not even recite the t¨¡raka mantr¨¡ in your ears when you needed ! Oh Mother ! Do forgive me for all these lapses on my side, may it merge unto your compassion. I'm afer all your beloved Son M¨¡tha !

mukth¨¡ manithvam, nayanam mam¨¥thi, raj¨¥thi j¨©v¨¥thi chiramsthu thathvam, ithyuktha vathya v¨¡chi m¨¡thah, dad¨¡myaham thandulam¨¥va shushkam 5

Oh Supreme Mother ! you are eternal in me ! as the darling pearl. Glittering as soul. You adorne me as a jewel. You are the gems, rolling in my eyes! You are ever intimate Oh M¨¡th¨¡! You are the song of my Self and rhythm of my Life! You have offered me the most precious things in this world! In turn of all that you've given me, I give you the dry rice in your mouth, when you are dead.

Hari Om

-- dotcompals: www.dotcompals.in .Org domain Names for just 2.5 USDKrishna PrasadDare to give up the comfort of the 'known' and venture into the 'unknown' The more we know, the more we will come to realize what we do not know.If we want to achieve our true potential and live life to the fullest. As Poojya Gurudev said it, "Open your eyes. Burst your shell. Spread your wings and fly!"Swami ChinmayanandaHate not the sinner - hate the sin; and always hate the sin even with an excess of hatred. "

Dear Krishna Prasad, Today is Karkidaka Amavasy and people in kerala and other places are remembering the departed souls(pitrukkal). Matrupanchakam in you mail took me 10 years back,to the Karkidaka Amavasy of 1997,the day I consigned the remains of my mother to the sea at Papanasanam of Varkala. The lines of Matrupanchakam is going through my body as heat waves and making me to appologise to my mother for all the things which were not done for by me and requesting for her pardon with the lines "after all I am your beloved son and hence please forgive me" May her soul accept my prayers. I came to express my condolences on the demise of your mother.It is the lines of Matru Panchakam made me to write this much.Sorry if added fire to your sorrow. Regards Prasanna Kumar.N sad <rkrishp99 wrote: Hari OM! Dear Narayanas in Masks! Thanks to all for the condolence messages.. it it really soothing, and peace giving. May Guruvayurappan bless all for all the peaceful messages. May GOD Bless. At this time of deep sorrow I am just including SRI ADI SANKARACHARYA's MATHRU PANCHAKAM. With this He

has written this 5 slokas after HIS MOTHER's Death. May GOD Bless all Peace be here. Sankar¨¡c¨¡rya's M¨¡tr Pancakam Remembering ¨¡c¨¡ry¨¡'s bhakthi towards Motherhood and his polemics in describing the Nature of her compassion._________________ The Mother of all worlds is Ksama ¨C patience. Ksama is Kriya the cosmic force & she is composure of compassion. She is none but M¨¡y¨¡. The immense bliss is her innate nature as she is the divine consort of Lord Visnu, as Sankar¨¡c¨¡rya says 'Vaisnavim s¨¡m M¨¡y¨¡m' She renders the divine wisdom which is as sweet as Honey (Amrta). She is hence called Madhu-mathi. By her pleasing phenomenal postulations, she is magical in Phenomenon. She is inseperable from the Ultimate abode ¨C Visnu ¨C jagat kartrtvam iswaratvam m¨¡yikam ¨¥va. She manifests with Visnu Bhakthi. She

bears the golden womb and known as Hiranmayi. By her absolute pure compassion daya, she makes Vishnu Black like 'moisture bearing clouds' in the sky. Mother M¨¡ya is so intimate to Vishnu and her luster illuminates the world. She is Vishnu amsa says B¨¡gavata Mah¨¡pur¨¡na 'sa vai bhagavatas s¨¡ks¨¡t Vishnor ams¨¡msa sambhavah' She is tranquil (s¨¡ntata) and trance. Such is the nature of M¨¡ya as she is the mother of Universe. Sankar¨¡c¨¡rya considers his mother as the incarnation of the Universal Mother ¨C M¨¡y¨¡ and worships her by the following five stanzas, popularly known as M¨¡tr pancakam. On account of Mothers day, it is indeed important to meditate on ¨¡c¨¡ry¨¡s words, those that are relevant in each and every walk of our lives. Aasth¨¡m t¨¡vaddiyam prasoothi samaye durv¨¡ra soola vyath¨¡, nairuchyam thanu soshanam malamay¨© sayy¨¡ cha samvatsar¨©, ¨¥kasy¨¡pi na garbha b¨¡ra bharana kl¨¥sasya yasya kshmahDhathum

nishkruthi munnathopi thanayas tasya jananyai namah 1 Pad¨¡rtha:Aasth¨¡m t¨¡vaddiyam what can be compared to the care prasoothi samaye during the time of my birth durv¨¡ra irresistible hard pain soola vyath¨¡ the sharp pain,nairuchyam (your) health thanu Body (condition) soshanam withered and dessicated malamay¨© troubled with dirt sayy¨¡ in bed cha samvatsar¨© for a year long,¨¥kasy¨¡pi garbha b¨¡ra the weight of the foetus bharana bearing na without kl¨¥sasya distress and aversion yasya for your akshmah irresistible suffering Dh¨¡thum having given nishkruthi my atonement munnathopi (however) Noble thanayas son tasyai your jananyai oh mother namah I salute V¨¡cy¨¡rtha:Oh divine mother! It is you who forbeared the immense pain that casued during the time of labour, When

I was born to you. Oh mother you kindly made me sleep beside you even when I was stinking with excretions. It was due to me Oh Mother your body was made thin due to pain and hunger.you treated me as a jewel adorning your waist for all those months you bore me in your womb. For all these in return, what do I have with me my dear Mother ! I can never imagine any thing in this world that can compensate your compassion. however high may I go, nothing best will reach apart from you lotus feet.Oh Mother I worship you! gurukulamupasruthya swapnakaale thu drushvt¨¡, yathi samuchitha v¨¥sham pr¨¡rudho m¨¡m tvamucch¨¥hgurukulamadha sarva pr¨¡rudatth¨¥ samakshamsapadhi charanayosth¨¥ m¨¡thurasthu pran¨¡m¨¡. 2 Pad¨¡thaGurukulamupasruthya Having reached my Teachers residence swapnakaale thu in your dreams drushvt¨¡ when you saw me, yathi

as an ascetic samuchitha v¨¥sham wholly in that attire pr¨¡rudho rushed m¨¡m unto me tvamucch¨¥h you cried aloud gurukulamadha in my teachers place sarva everyone pr¨¡rudatth¨¥ (were) emotionally stirred samaksham (when they saw your compassion) manifested before their eyes sapadhi that moment charanayosth¨¥ the bliss that I had m¨¡thurasthu Oh Mother! Pran¨¡m¨¡ My Salutaions. V¨¡cy¨¡rthaOh my dearest mother! While in your dreams when you say me as an ascetic, you wept and rushed to my place where I studied. Cuddled and fondled me with warmth and love. On seeing this, my teacher and fellow students were moved by your passionate love. I am still frozen by this oh mother! I do not know anything else except to fall at your lotus feet to offer my salutations. ambethi th¨¡th¨¥thi shiv¨¥thi tasmin, prasoothikale yadavocha ucch¨¥h, krishnethi govinda hare

mukunda, iti janany¨¥ rachito ayamanjali 3 During the terrible time of hard labour while you delivered me, Oh Mother ! you cried aloud the auspicious names of the Supreme God 'Hey Hari! Govinda! And Mukundha!' I helpless when I think of that pain you endeavored then. What do I do in return ? Please accept by humble prostration unto your feet, my dearest Mother ! na dattam mathasth¨¥ marana samay¨¥ thoyamapi v¨¡, svadhaa v¨¡ no dh¨¥y¨¡ maranadivas¨¥ sr¨¡dha vidhinana japthv¨¡ mathasth¨¥ marana samay¨¥ th¨¡raka manur, ak¨¡le sampr¨¡pth¨¥ mayi kuru dhay¨¡m m¨¡tharathulaam 4 I was not here with you to give water when you are in need. Neither did I offer the last oblative ceremonies that'll aid your last journey! I did not even recite the t¨¡raka mantr¨¡ in your ears when you needed ! Oh Mother ! Do forgive

me for all these lapses on my side, may it merge unto your compassion. I'm afer all your beloved Son M¨¡tha ! mukth¨¡ manithvam, nayanam mam¨¥thi, raj¨¥thi j¨©v¨¥thi chiramsthu thathvam, ithyuktha vathya v¨¡chi m¨¡thah, dad¨¡myaham thandulam¨¥va shushkam 5 Oh Supreme Mother ! you are eternal in me ! as the darling pearl. Glittering as soul. You adorne me as a jewel. You are the gems, rolling in my eyes! You are ever intimate Oh M¨¡th¨¡! You are the song of my Self and rhythm of my Life! You have offered me the most precious things in this world! In turn of all that you've given me, I give you the dry rice in your mouth, when you are dead. Hari Om -- dotcompals: www.dotcompals.in .Org domain Names for just 2.5 USDKrishna PrasadDare to give up the comfort of the 'known' and venture into the 'unknown' The more we know, the more we will come to realize what we do not know.If we want to achieve our true potential and live life to the fullest. As Poojya Gurudev said it, "Open your eyes. Burst your shell. Spread your wings and fly!"Swami ChinmayanandaHate not the sinner - hate the sin; and always hate the sin even with an excess of hatred."

Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Try

it now.