IndiaDivine.org

My understanding on Bhagavad Gita II 47

Rate this topic

Guest guest

HARI AUM

The other day I was going through a book, STILLNESS SPEAKS by Eckhart Tolle, the author of THE POWER OF NOW. All of a sudden I found the following passage (what I was looking for?), in an entirely different context, on its page - 30:

"… When you give more attention to the doing than to the future result that you want to achieve through it, you break the old egoic conditioning. Your doing then becomes not only a great deal more effective, but infinitely more fulfilling and joyful. …"

Some time back during a casual tea-table discussion one of my friends commented on Gita II - 47: How can any body do karma with out any consideration for its Phala (the resultant benefit of Karma). Though I tried to convince him (in vain?), I could not express what exactly I understood from that. But this passage, having said with out any reference to Gita at all, expresses, in brief, my conviction on the topic - Gita II 47.

About Eckhart Tolle: (extracted from page 129): Born in Germany. After graduating from the University of London, he worked as a research scholar at Cambridge University. When he was 29 a profound spiritual transformation virtually dissolved his old identity and radically changed the course of his life.

Eckhart is not aligned with any particular religion or tradition. In his teaching, he conveys a simple yet profound message with the timeless and uncomplicated clarity of the ancient spiritual masters.

Comments from learned devotees on the topic are eagerly awaited.

With Regards, NB Nair.