IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] All are welcome to Guruvayoor temple..my opinion..

Rate this topic

Guest guest

HARI AUM

The points are worth pondering.

Late Dr.S.Radhakrishnan had once said -since Hinduism

is 'sanatana' it automatically calls for updation too.

Regards

Balagopal

NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA

--- girish girish m <vnkh wrote:

>  

> Dear All,

>

> I read a lot of mails a few weeks before about the

> discussion of whether everyone should be allowed to

> Guruvayoor temple or not.

>

> I would like to share my opinion about this. Please

> correct me if I am wrong anywhere.

>

> 1. We should admit the fact that anybody can get

> attracted to Guruvayoor because of temple, beauty,

> antiquity, elephants, beach etc. Sri Krishan can

> attract Hindus, muslims, Christians - infact

> everyone.

>

> 2. Some people of other sects may also like Sri

> Krishna and would like to come to temple.To see

> temple practises and worship.

>

> 3. Many out of curiosity alone may come to see

> temple.

>

> Devotees will have emotions, feelings, sentiments

> and high reverence towards temple. They constitute

> the majority. Hence their feelings should never be

> hurt. Similarly, outsiders (foreigners, other caste

> people) may also like to see or observe the temple

> practices etc.

>

> In this type of situation, wouldn't it be nice if

> outsiders are allowed in the temple with proper

> dress code for a stipulated time inside temple ? The

> temple authorities can choose a nice festive season

> and allow everybody to enter the temple for the

> fixed number of days and at fixed times. Let this be

> for a few days, may be a week or so in every year.

> And for rest of the period of the entire year, let

> the present rules continue. By this we can satisfy

> both devotees and tourists. Who knows, a tourist may

> start to like Guruvayoorappan and become His

> devotee. Besides, the temple can charge a nominal

> entry fee for tourists and make some money. They can

> use the money for feeding more and more elephants or

> some charitable purposes.

>

> Bye.

>

>

>

>

>

> Girish.M.

> B.Tech. ECE.

> NITC.

>

>

>

5, 50, 500, 5000 - Store N number of mails in your inbox. Go to

http://help./l/in//mail/mail/tools/tools-08.html

Krishna , Guruvayoorappa ! Dear Devotees,

We can see in Dr.Radhakrishna's Gita commentary that he is more secular than spiritual. He depends more on rationalism than Bhakti in his explanations . For example , he freely cites the concepts of Budhism and Gandhism to explain the Gita concepts . Great Acharyas like Adi Shankara and Chandrasekharendra Sarasvati taught that Budhism rejects the authority of Vedas and therefore it is a form of atheism that existed in the world for a short period .

Of course, the modern day secular-scholars like Dr.Radhakrishnan prefers to interpret Vedic Sanatana dharma through Budhist concepts . They are the ones who argue for changes to the eternal Vedas .

Narayaneeyam ( which has the stamp of approval by Guruvayoorappan Himself) is the latest authentic scriptural book on Sanatana Vedic Dharma . It doesn't contain or ask for changes to the Vedas.

In Guruvayoor temple , exists many intense `sadhanas' that is unknown to the outsiders . For example , the Melshanti enters the Sreekovil at 2 AM and he drinks a glass of water only after completing the Uchapooja at 12.30AM . Such strict adherence to the Adi Shankara formulated regulatory rules is the reason behind the purity and uninterrupted "Deva-Chithanyam" of Guruvayoor temple . In addition to the above regulations, Bhagavan guides the Tantri and Melsanti through various `nimithams' (symptoms) and ` Swapna-darshanam ' ; and therefore they don't act according to own whims and fancies . Most of the non-hindus don't follow regulations like "Pula, Valayma, Menstrual -period restriction, Vegetarianism etc applicable to temple-entry .

It is upto a person to believe or disbelieve the above said "Kshetra-Acharas" . From such Tantris like Brahmasree Tarananalloore Paramesvaran Namoodirippad , the late Brahmasree Thazhaman Kantararu Neelakantararu , and other Brahmana-Poojaris, I have learnt how difficult it is to maintain the "aura" ( Deva-chaitanyam) on a temple-Deity . If someone argues that , the Deity accepts anything people decide , I agree to disagree with that argument .

Sree Guruvayoorappan Saranam !!!

Krishnadaya.

guruvayur , balagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpal wrote:>> HARI AUM> > The points are worth pondering. > > Late Dr.S.Radhakrishnan had once said -since Hinduism> is 'sanatana' it automatically calls for updation too.> > Regards> > Balagopal> > NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA > > --- girish girish m vnkh wrote:> > > > > Dear All,> > > > I read a lot of mails a few weeks before about the> > discussion of whether everyone should be allowed to> > Guruvayoor temple or not.> > > > I would like to share my opinion about this. Please> > correct me if I am wrong anywhere.> > > > 1. We should admit the fact that anybody can get> > attracted to Guruvayoor because of temple, beauty,> > antiquity, elephants, beach etc. Sri Krishan can> > attract Hindus, muslims, Christians - infact> > everyone.> > > > 2. Some people of other sects may also like Sri> > Krishna and would like to come to temple.To see> > temple practises and worship.> > > > 3. Many out of curiosity alone may come to see> > temple.> > > > Devotees will have emotions, feelings, sentiments> > and high reverence towards temple. They constitute> > the majority. Hence their feelings should never be> > hurt. Similarly, outsiders (foreigners, other caste> > people) may also like to see or observe the temple> > practices etc. > > > > In this type of situation, wouldn't it be nice if> > outsiders are allowed in the temple with proper> > dress code for a stipulated time inside temple ? The> > temple authorities can choose a nice festive season> > and allow everybody to enter the temple for the> > fixed number of days and at fixed times. Let this be> > for a few days, may be a week or so in every year.> > And for rest of the period of the entire year, let> > the present rules continue. By this we can satisfy> > both devotees and tourists. Who knows, a tourist may> > start to like Guruvayoorappan and become His> > devotee. Besides, the temple can charge a nominal> > entry fee for tourists and make some money. They can> > use the money for feeding more and more elephants or> > some charitable purposes.> > > > Bye.> > > > > > > > > > > > Girish.M.> > B.Tech. ECE.> > NITC.> > > > > > > > > > 5, 50, 500, 5000 - Store N number of mails in your inbox. Go to http://help./l/in//mail/mail/tools/tools-08.html>

Dear Sri Krishnadaya,

Every word that you have said is worth being cast in a gold plate. We have to respect the traditions and its practitioners.

Best Regards

Dr. Rajaram Venkataramani

krishnadaya <krishnadayaguruvayur Sent: Monday, September 3, 2007 7:17:58 PMRe: [Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] All are welcome to Guruvayoor temple..my opinion..

We can see in Dr.Radhakrishna' s Gita commentary that he is more secular than spiritual. He depends more on rationalism than Bhakti in his explanations . For example , he freely cites the concepts of Budhism and Gandhism to explain the Gita concepts . Great Acharyas like Adi Shankara and Chandrasekharendra Sarasvati taught that Budhism rejects the authority of Vedas and therefore it is a form of atheism that existed in the world for a short period .

Of course, the modern day secular-scholars like Dr.Radhakrishnan prefers to interpret Vedic Sanatana dharma through Budhist concepts . They are the ones who argue for changes to the eternal Vedas .

Narayaneeyam ( which has the stamp of approval by Guruvayoorappan Himself) is the latest authentic scriptural book on Sanatana Vedic Dharma . It doesn't contain or ask for changes to the Vedas.

In Guruvayoor temple , exists many intense `sadhanas' that is unknown to the outsiders . For example , the Melshanti enters the Sreekovil at 2 AM and he drinks a glass of water only after completing the Uchapooja at 12.30AM . Such strict adherence to the Adi Shankara formulated regulatory rules is the reason behind the purity and uninterrupted "Deva-Chithanyam" of Guruvayoor temple . In addition to the above regulations, Bhagavan guides the Tantri and Melsanti through various `nimithams' (symptoms) and ` Swapna-darshanam ' ; and therefore they don't act according to own whims and fancies . Most of the non-hindus don't follow regulations like " Pula , Valayma, Menstrual -period restriction, Vegetarianism etc applicable to temple-entry .

It is upto a person to believe or disbelieve the above said "Kshetra-Acharas" . From such Tantris like Brahmasree Tarananalloore Paramesvaran Namoodirippad , the late Brahmasree Thazhaman Kantararu Neelakantararu , and other Brahmana-Poojaris, I have learnt how difficult it is to maintain the "aura" ( Deva-chaitanyam) on a temple-Deity . If someone argues that , the Deity accepts anything people decide , I agree to disagree with that argument .

Krishnadaya.

guruvayur@grou ps.com, balagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpal wrote:>> HARI AUM> > The points are worth pondering. > > Late Dr.S.Radhakrishnan had once said -since Hinduism> is 'sanatana' it automatically calls for updation too.> > Regards> > Balagopal> > NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA > > --- girish girish m vnkh wrote:> > > > > Dear All,> > > > I read a lot of mails a few weeks before about the> > discussion of whether everyone should be allowed to> > Guruvayoor temple or not.> > > > I would like to share my opinion about this. Please> > correct me if I am wrong anywhere.> > > > 1. We should admit the fact that anybody can get> > attracted to Guruvayoor because of temple, beauty,> >

antiquity, elephants, beach etc. Sri Krishan can> > attract Hindus, muslims, Christians - infact> > everyone.> > > > 2. Some people of other sects may also like Sri> > Krishna and would like to come to temple.To see> > temple practises and worship.> > > > 3. Many out of curiosity alone may come to see> > temple.> > > > Devotees will have emotions, feelings, sentiments> > and high reverence towards temple. They constitute> > the majority. Hence their feelings should never be> > hurt. Similarly, outsiders (foreigners, other caste> > people) may also like to see or observe the temple> > practices etc. > > > > In this type of situation, wouldn't it be nice if> > outsiders are allowed in the temple with proper> > dress code for a stipulated time inside temple ?

The> > temple authorities can choose a nice festive season> > and allow everybody to enter the temple for the> > fixed number of days and at fixed times. Let this be> > for a few days, may be a week or so in every year.> > And for rest of the period of the entire year, let> > the present rules continue. By this we can satisfy> > both devotees and tourists. Who knows, a tourist may> > start to like Guruvayoorappan and become His> > devotee. Besides, the temple can charge a nominal> > entry fee for tourists and make some money. They can> > use the money for feeding more and more elephants or> > some charitable purposes.> > > > Bye.> > > > > > > > > > > > Girish.M.> > B.Tech. ECE.> > NITC.> > > > > > >

> > > 5, 50, 500, 5000 - Store N number of mails in your inbox. Go to http://help. / l/in// mail/mail/ tools/tools- 08.html>

Shape in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today!

Dear Dr. Rajaram, I agree with you. Further, temples are not tourist spots. Also they are not for enjoyment. Temples are made with a purpose to deliver spirituality. Hospitals operation theatres are not for everyone to have a look. It is for a purpose. If somebody wants to see the Gods, there are so many other places, where they free access. Temples are not for seeing, but for worship. One should not play with other'e beliefs. Dr. Hari Krishna Rajaram Venkataramani <v_raja_ram wrote: Dear Sri Krishnadaya, Every word that you have said is worth being cast in a gold plate. We have to respect the traditions and its practitioners. Best Regards Dr. Rajaram

Venkataramani krishnadaya <krishnadaya >guruvayur Sent: Monday, September 3, 2007 7:17:58 PMRe: [Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] All are welcome to Guruvayoor temple..my opinion.. Krishna , Guruvayoorappa ! Dear Devotees, We can see in Dr.Radhakrishna' s Gita commentary that he is more secular than spiritual. He depends more on rationalism than Bhakti in his explanations . For example , he freely cites the concepts of Budhism and Gandhism to explain the Gita concepts

.. Great Acharyas like Adi Shankara and Chandrasekharendra Sarasvati taught that Budhism rejects the authority of Vedas and therefore it is a form of atheism that existed in the world for a short period . Of course, the modern day secular-scholars like Dr.Radhakrishnan prefers to interpret Vedic Sanatana dharma through Budhist concepts . They are the ones who argue for changes to the eternal Vedas . Narayaneeyam ( which has the stamp of approval by Guruvayoorappan Himself) is the latest authentic scriptural book on Sanatana Vedic Dharma . It doesn't contain or ask for changes to the Vedas. In Guruvayoor temple , exists many intense `sadhanas' that is unknown to the outsiders . For example , the Melshanti enters the Sreekovil at 2 AM and he drinks a glass of water only after completing the Uchapooja at 12.30AM . Such strict adherence to the Adi Shankara formulated regulatory rules is the reason behind the purity and uninterrupted "Deva-Chithanyam" of Guruvayoor temple . In addition to the above regulations, Bhagavan guides the Tantri and Melsanti through various `nimithams' (symptoms) and ` Swapna-darshanam ' ; and therefore they don't act according to own whims and fancies . Most of the non-hindus don't follow regulations like " Pula , Valayma, Menstrual -period restriction, Vegetarianism etc applicable to temple-entry . It is upto a person to believe or disbelieve the above said "Kshetra-Acharas" . From such Tantris like Brahmasree Tarananalloore Paramesvaran Namoodirippad , the late Brahmasree Thazhaman Kantararu Neelakantararu , and other Brahmana-Poojaris, I have learnt how difficult it is to maintain the "aura" ( Deva-chaitanyam) on a temple-Deity . If someone argues that , the Deity accepts anything people decide , I agree to disagree with that argument . Sree Guruvayoorappan Saranam !!! Krishnadaya. guruvayur@grou ps.com, balagopal

ramakrishnan <rbalpal wrote:>> HARI AUM> > The points are worth pondering. > > Late Dr.S.Radhakrishnan had once said -since Hinduism> is 'sanatana' it automatically calls for updation too.> > Regards> > Balagopal> > NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA > > --- girish girish m vnkh wrote:> > > > > Dear All,> > > > I read a lot of mails a few weeks before about the> > discussion of whether everyone should be allowed to> > Guruvayoor temple or not.> > > > I would like to share my opinion about this. Please> > correct me if I am wrong anywhere.> > > > 1. We should admit the fact that anybody can get> > attracted to Guruvayoor because of temple, beauty,> > antiquity, elephants, beach etc. Sri Krishan can> > attract

Hindus, muslims, Christians - infact> > everyone.> > > > 2. Some people of other sects may also like Sri> > Krishna and would like to come to temple.To see> > temple practises and worship.> > > > 3. Many out of curiosity alone may come to see> > temple.> > > > Devotees will have emotions, feelings, sentiments> > and high reverence towards temple. They constitute> > the majority. Hence their feelings should never be> > hurt. Similarly, outsiders (foreigners, other caste> > people) may also like to see or observe the temple> > practices etc. > > > > In this type of situation, wouldn't it be nice if> > outsiders are allowed in the temple with proper> > dress code for a stipulated time inside temple ? The> > temple authorities can choose a nice festive season> > and

allow everybody to enter the temple for the> > fixed number of days and at fixed times. Let this be> > for a few days, may be a week or so in every year.> > And for rest of the period of the entire year, let> > the present rules continue. By this we can satisfy> > both devotees and tourists. Who knows, a tourist may> > start to like Guruvayoorappan and become His> > devotee. Besides, the temple can charge a nominal> > entry fee for tourists and make some money. They can> > use the money for feeding more and more elephants or> > some charitable purposes.> > > > Bye.> > > > > > > > > > > > Girish.M.> > B.Tech. ECE.> > NITC.> > > > > > > > > > 5, 50, 500, 5000 - Store N number of mails in your inbox. Go to http://help.

/ l/in// mail/mail/ tools/tools- 08.html> Shape in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today!

Why delete messages? Unlimited storage is just a click away.

!! Sri Rama Jayam !!

Very well said shri Krishnadaya.

I take your opinion 100% .... except for the last line which talks only about a temple deity in particular.

To me - Sri Guruvayurappan is more of a BHAKTA-BHAVANA or BHAKTA-ANUBHAVAM (experience of a devotee) than a only a temple-deity who manifests equally potent beyond the premises of the temple (of Guruvayur or similar).

Otherwise it was nearly impossible for people like Nishada, Guha, Sabari, Ahalya, Valmiki, Poothana, Gajendra, Jatayu, Ajamila, Sugreeva, Vibhishana etc. to attain the glory of holy feet of our dearmost lord.

The reason why I have quoted the above names in particular is because each one of them were down-trodden in some way or other (Physically or spiritually).

The best part in their lives is the fact that their association with noble/pious devotees helped all of them uplift from their fallen state of spiritual goodness.

My intention is not to counter-challenge your opinion in any sense.

Hare Krishna

Hare Rama

guruvayur [guruvayur ] On Behalf Of krishnadayaMonday, September 03, 2007 7:18 PMguruvayur Subject: Re: [Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] All are welcome to Guruvayoor temple..my opinion..

We can see in Dr.Radhakrishna's Gita commentary that he is more secular than spiritual. He depends more on rationalism than Bhakti in his explanations . For example , he freely cites the concepts of Budhism and Gandhism to explain the Gita concepts . Great Acharyas like Adi Shankara and Chandrasekharendra Sarasvati taught that Budhism rejects the authority of Vedas and therefore it is a form of atheism that existed in the world for a short period .

In Guruvayoor temple , exists many intense `sadhanas' that is unknown to the outsiders . For example , the Melshanti enters the Sreekovil at 2 AM and he drinks a glass of water only after completing the Uchapooja at 12.30AM . Such strict adherence to the Adi Shankara formulated regulatory rules is the reason behind the purity and uninterrupted "Deva-Chithanyam" of Guruvayoor temple . In addition to the above regulations, Bhagavan guides the Tantri and Melsanti through various `nimithams' (symptoms) and ` Swapna-darshanam ' ; and therefore they don't act according to own whims and fancies . Most of the non-hindus don't follow regulations like "Pula, Valayma, Menstrual -period restriction, Vegetarianism etc applicable to temple-entry .

Krishnadaya.

guruvayur , balagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpal wrote:>> HARI AUM> > The points are worth pondering. > > Late Dr.S.Radhakrishnan had once said -since Hinduism> is 'sanatana' it automatically calls for updation too.> > Regards> > Balagopal> > NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA > > --- girish girish m vnkh wrote:> > > > > Dear All,> > > > I read a lot of mails a few weeks before about the> > discussion of whether everyone should be allowed to> > Guruvayoor temple or not.> > > > I would like to share my opinion about this. Please> > correct me if I am wrong anywhere.> > > > 1. We should admit the fact that anybody can get> > attracted to Guruvayoor because of temple, beauty,> > antiquity, elephants, be! ach etc. Sri Krishan can> > attract Hindus, muslims, Christians - infact> > everyone.> > > > 2. Some people of other sects may also like Sri> > Krishna and would like to come to temple.To see> > temple practises and worship.> > > > 3. Many out of curiosity alone may come to see> > temple.> > > > Devotees will have emotions, feelings, sentiments> > and high reverence towards temple. They constitute> > the majority. Hence their feelings should never be> > hurt. Similarly, outsiders (foreigners, other caste> > people) may also like to see or observe the temple> > practices etc. > > > > In this type of situation, wouldn't it be nice if> > outsiders are allowed in the temple with proper> > dress code for a stipulated time inside temple ? The> > temple authorities can choos! e a nice festive season> > and allow everybody to enter the temple for the> > fixed number of days and at fixed times. Let this be> > for a few days, may be a week or so in every year.> > And for rest of the period of the entire year, let> > the present rules continue. By this we can satisfy> > both devotees and tourists. Who knows, a tourist may> > start to like Guruvayoorappan and become His> > devotee. Besides, the temple can charge a nominal> > entry fee for tourists and make some money. They can> > use the money for feeding more and more elephants or> > some charitable purposes.> > > > Bye.> > > > > > > > > > > > Girish.M.> > B.Tech. ECE.> > NITC.> > > > > > > > > > 5, 50, 500, 5000 - Store N number of mails in your inbox. Go to http://help./l/in//mail/mail/tools/tools-08.html>

Dear Krishnadaya, Your commentary is ok.But as Krishna Himself has said that all believers,non-believers,sinners etc are His devotees only as He is the One who control everything.Of course due rites hv to be performed by tantris according to prescribed guidelines to keep the Chaithanyam of the Deity.Reg.Vegetarianism,menstrual cycle etc it is difficult to find out as the same is the choice of one(excuse me I am a total vegetarian but can't say abt others).In all temples the tantris or priests dedicated poojas make the presence of the Divine Power.It is not only confined to GVR but all temples like Tripati Venkateswara and ever so many temples the chaithanyam of the moorthys depend on the dedication of the tantris or poojaris. Here the point is we accept that God is merciful to all without discrimination. Such be the position of Krishna Himself it is not correct to say that only certain

people hv to be allowed to hv the darsan of the Lord and others even if they are ardent devotees shuld not be allowed.That narrows the broad vision of the people who hv prescribed such things.Except GVR almost all tem ples allow devotees irrespective of their origin.So one has to move with times and shuld not confine to outdated theories as it is difficult to find out how many people are visiting the temple at GVR with pure heart and those with pure devotion are not allowed.It is for the Deity to find out His bhakthas not on caste basis as all are His children. It is ok you agree to disagree but the argument is not convincing as you are carried away by outdated rituals coined hundreds of years back and not living in the changed world.May be each temple has its own customs but as change is the order of the day a little change won't harm provided the person who wish to visit shuld hv a pure devotional mind and we don't

know people who visit hv real Bhakthy as the same is only the thinking of mind and only Krishna has to accept who is a devotee and who is not. This is not to wound your feelings but only my thoughts. Hare Krishna.krishnadaya <krishnadaya wrote: Krishna , Guruvayoorappa ! Dear

Devotees, We can see in Dr.Radhakrishna's Gita commentary that he is more secular than spiritual. He depends more on rationalism than Bhakti in his explanations . For example , he freely cites the concepts of Budhism and Gandhism to explain the Gita concepts . Great Acharyas like Adi Shankara and Chandrasekharendra Sarasvati taught that Budhism rejects the authority of Vedas and therefore it is a form of atheism that existed in the world for a short period . Of course, the modern day secular-scholars like Dr.Radhakrishnan prefers to interpret Vedic Sanatana dharma through Budhist concepts . They are the ones who

argue for changes to the eternal Vedas . Narayaneeyam ( which has the stamp of approval by Guruvayoorappan Himself) is the latest authentic scriptural book on Sanatana Vedic Dharma . It doesn't contain or ask for changes to the Vedas. In Guruvayoor temple , exists many intense `sadhanas' that is unknown to the outsiders . For example , the Melshanti enters the Sreekovil at 2 AM and he drinks a glass of water only after completing the Uchapooja at 12.30AM . Such strict adherence to the Adi Shankara formulated regulatory rules is the reason behind the purity and uninterrupted "Deva-Chithanyam" of Guruvayoor temple . In addition to the above regulations, Bhagavan guides the Tantri and Melsanti through various

`nimithams' (symptoms) and ` Swapna-darshanam ' ; and therefore they don't act according to own whims and fancies . Most of the non-hindus don't follow regulations like "Pula, Valayma, Menstrual -period restriction, Vegetarianism etc applicable to temple-entry . It is upto a person to believe or disbelieve the above said "Kshetra-Acharas" . From such Tantris like Brahmasree Tarananalloore Paramesvaran Namoodirippad , the late Brahmasree Thazhaman Kantararu Neelakantararu , and other Brahmana-Poojaris, I have learnt how difficult it is to maintain the "aura" ( Deva-chaitanyam) on a temple-Deity . If someone argues that , the Deity accepts anything people

decide , I agree to disagree with that argument . Sree Guruvayoorappan Saranam !!! Krishnadaya. guruvayur , balagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpal wrote:>> HARI AUM> > The points are worth pondering. > > Late Dr.S.Radhakrishnan had once said -since Hinduism> is 'sanatana' it automatically calls for updation too.> > Regards> > Balagopal> > NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA > > --- girish girish m vnkh wrote:> > > > > Dear All,> > > > I read a lot of mails a few

weeks before about the> > discussion of whether everyone should be allowed to> > Guruvayoor temple or not.> > > > I would like to share my opinion about this. Please> > correct me if I am wrong anywhere.> > > > 1. We should admit the fact that anybody can get> > attracted to Guruvayoor because of temple, beauty,> > antiquity, elephants, beach etc. Sri Krishan can> > attract Hindus, muslims, Christians - infact> > everyone.> > > > 2. Some people of other sects may also like Sri> > Krishna and would like to come to temple.To see> > temple practises and worship.> > > > 3. Many out of curiosity alone may come to see> > temple.> > > > Devotees will have emotions, feelings, sentiments> > and high reverence towards temple. They constitute> > the majority. Hence

their feelings should never be> > hurt. Similarly, outsiders (foreigners, other caste> > people) may also like to see or observe the temple> > practices etc. > > > > In this type of situation, wouldn't it be nice if> > outsiders are allowed in the temple with proper> > dress code for a stipulated time inside temple ? The> > temple authorities can choose a nice festive season> > and allow everybody to enter the temple for the> > fixed number of days and at fixed times. Let this be> > for a few days, may be a week or so in every year.> > And for rest of the period of the entire year, let> > the present rules continue. By this we can satisfy> > both devotees and tourists. Who knows, a tourist may> > start to like Guruvayoorappan and become His> > devotee. Besides, the temple can charge a nominal> > entry fee

for tourists and make some money. They can> > use the money for feeding more and more elephants or> > some charitable purposes.> > > > Bye.> > > > > > > > > > > > Girish.M.> > B.Tech. ECE.> > NITC.> > > > > > > > > > 5, 50, 500, 5000 - Store N number of mails in your inbox. Go to http://help./l/in//mail/mail/tools/tools-08.html>

Once upon a time there was 1 GB storage in your inbox. Click here for happy ending.

HARI AUM

As Ganapathy Ramanji says the rituals prescribed by

eminent minds should also have incorporated ways to

accomodate the changes that are bound to spring up in

course of time. That is the only way a 'sanatana' can

remain 'sanatana'. No other religion survived the

travails of time because of their limited rigid views

and practices.

Le us move and seek answers from the wealth of the

'abundant' mind we all possess.

Regards

Balagopal

NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA

--- GANAPATHY RAMAN <agraman62 wrote:

> Dear Krishnadaya,

>

> Your commentary is ok.But as Krishna Himself has

> said that all believers,non-believers,sinners etc

> are His devotees only as He is the One who control

> everything.Of course due rites hv to be performed by

> tantris according to

> prescribed guidelines to keep the Chaithanyam of

> the Deity.Reg.Vegetarianism,menstrual cycle etc it

> is difficult to find out as the same is the choice

> of one(excuse me I am a total vegetarian but can't

> say abt others).In all temples the tantris or

> priests dedicated poojas make the presence of the

> Divine Power.It is not only confined to GVR but all

> temples like Tripati

> Venkateswara and ever so many temples the

> chaithanyam of the moorthys depend on the dedication

> of the tantris or poojaris.

> Here the point is we accept that God is merciful

> to all without discrimination.

> Such be the position of Krishna Himself it is not

> correct to say that only certain

> people hv to be allowed to hv the darsan of the

> Lord and others even if they are ardent devotees

> shuld not be allowed.That narrows the broad vision

> of the people

> who hv prescribed such things.Except GVR almost

> all tem ples allow devotees

> irrespective of their origin.So one has to move

> with times and shuld not confine to outdated

> theories as it is difficult to find out how many

> people are visiting the temple at GVR with pure

> heart and those with pure devotion are not

> allowed.It is for the Deity to find out His bhakthas

> not on caste basis as all are His children.

> It is ok you agree to disagree but the argument is

> not convincing as you are carried away by outdated

> rituals coined hundreds of years back and not living

> in the changed world.May be each temple has its own

> customs but as change is the order of the day a

> little change won't harm provided the person who

> wish to visit shuld hv a pure devotional mind and we

> don't know people who visit hv real Bhakthy as the

> same is only the thinking of mind and only Krishna

> has to accept who is a devotee and who is not.

> This is not to wound your feelings but only my

> thoughts.

>

> Hare Krishna.

>

> krishnadaya <krishnadaya wrote:

> Krishna , Guruvayoorappa ! Dear

> Devotees,

> We can see in Dr.Radhakrishna's Gita commentary

> that he is more secular than spiritual. He depends

> more on rationalism than Bhakti in his explanations

> . For example , he freely cites the concepts of

> Budhism and Gandhism to explain the Gita concepts .

> Great Acharyas like Adi Shankara and

> Chandrasekharendra Sarasvati taught that Budhism

> rejects the authority of Vedas and therefore it is

> a form of atheism that existed in the world for a

> short period .

> Of course, the modern day secular-scholars like

> Dr.Radhakrishnan prefers to interpret Vedic Sanatana

> dharma through Budhist concepts . They are the ones

> who argue for changes to the eternal Vedas .

> Narayaneeyam ( which has the stamp of approval by

> Guruvayoorappan Himself) is the latest authentic

> scriptural book on Sanatana Vedic Dharma . It

> doesn't contain or ask for changes to the Vedas.

> In Guruvayoor temple , exists many intense

> `sadhanas' that is unknown to the outsiders . For

> example , the Melshanti enters the Sreekovil at 2 AM

> and he drinks a glass of water only after completing

> the Uchapooja at 12.30AM . Such strict adherence to

> the Adi Shankara formulated regulatory rules is the

> reason behind the purity and uninterrupted

> " Deva-Chithanyam " of Guruvayoor temple . In

> addition to the above regulations, Bhagavan guides

> the Tantri and Melsanti through various `nimithams'

> (symptoms) and ` Swapna-darshanam ' ; and therefore

> they don't act according to own whims and fancies .

> Most of the non-hindus don't follow regulations like

> " Pula, Valayma, Menstrual -period restriction,

> Vegetarianism etc applicable to temple-entry .

> It is upto a person to believe or disbelieve the

> above said " Kshetra-Acharas " . From such Tantris

> like Brahmasree Tarananalloore Paramesvaran

> Namoodirippad , the late Brahmasree Thazhaman

> Kantararu Neelakantararu , and other

> Brahmana-Poojaris, I have learnt how difficult it

> is to maintain the " aura " ( Deva-chaitanyam) on a

> temple-Deity . If someone argues that , the Deity

> accepts anything people decide , I agree to disagree

> with that argument .

> Sree Guruvayoorappan Saranam !!!

> Krishnadaya.

>

>

>

> guruvayur , balagopal

> ramakrishnan <rbalpal wrote:

> >

> > HARI AUM

> >

> > The points are worth pondering.

> >

> > Late Dr.S.Radhakrishnan had once said -since

> Hinduism

> > is 'sanatana' it automatically calls for updation

> too.

> >

> > Regards

> >

> > Balagopal

> >

> > NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA

> >

> > --- girish girish m vnkh wrote:

> >

> > >

> > > Dear All,

> > >

> > > I read a lot of mails a few weeks before about

> the

> > > discussion of whether everyone should be allowed

> to

> > > Guruvayoor temple or not.

> > >

> > > I would like to share my opinion about this.

> Please

> > > correct me if I am wrong anywhere.

> > >

> > > 1. We should admit the fact that anybody can get

> > > attracted to Guruvayoor because of temple,

> beauty,

> > > antiquity, elephants, beach etc. Sri Krishan can

> > > attract Hindus, muslims, Christians - infact

> > > everyone.

> > >

> > > 2. Some people of other sects may also like Sri

> > > Krishna and would like to come to temple.To see

> > > temple practises and worship.

> > >

> > > 3. Many out of curiosity alone may come to see

> > > temple.

> > >

> > > Devotees will have emotions, feelings,

> sentiments

> > > and high reverence towards temple. They

> constitute

> > > the majority. Hence their feelings should never

> be

> > > hurt. Similarly, outsiders (foreigners, other

> caste

> > > people) may also like to see or observe the

> temple

> > > practices etc.

> > >

> > > In this type of situation, wouldn't it be nice

> if

> > > outsiders are allowed in the temple with proper

> > > dress code for a stipulated time inside temple ?

> The

> > > temple authorities can choose a nice festive

> season

> > > and allow everybody to enter the temple for the

> > > fixed number of days and at fixed times. Let

> this be

> > > for a few days, may be a week or so in every

> year.

> > > And for rest of the period of the entire year,

> let

> > > the present rules continue. By this we can

> satisfy