IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] All are welcome to Guruvayoor temple..my opinion.. STILL SEEKING

Rate this topic

Guest guest

HARI AUM

It is nice to get some insider views of our ancient

rites and rituals. Can there be some process by which

we can derive more good from these? say by revealing

the wisdom behind all these practices? If one can do

so then how about developing more such precincts-i.e

more Guruvayurappan temples?

This forum certainly have in its fold many minds who

can add valuable suggestions.

I just read:

guruvayurdevaswom.org expired on 08/29/2007 and is

pending renewal or deletion.

Such things happen when the minds are not vigilant

enough. As we know the larger mind is the sum total of

the individuals. Every time a mind moves towards

righteous thinking so much good is transmitted to the

whole.

Regards

Balagopal

NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA

--- Krishnadaya <krishnadaya wrote:

> Krishna ! Guruvayoorappa ! Dear Sri Balagopalji ,

>

> May I highlight the following :

>

> 1) Bhatkti-Yoga itself is beyond the realm of

> logic and speculation . It can’t be explained or

> verified by the limited parameters of Science . So,

> too it’s instruments like Tantric rituals . Only a

> small percentage of the universe is known to the

> science . And can we reject the unknown as

> non-existent ? .

> 2) ‘Devawom’ means Deva’s own . He is the one

> who decides about the temple and not the general

> public . Tantri is His authorized representative .

> The existing laws of the constitution stipulates

> this fact .

> 3) Pure Hinduism (Sanatana Vedic Dharma) is

> based on 100% faith in the Vedas . According to it ,

> ‘Mlechas’ are ineligible to enter ‘sattvic ‘temples

> like Guruvayoor. If he becomes a permanent vedic

> follower , he can enter . At present , all Vedic

> followers ( including the Mlechas who have

> permanently accepted the authority of the Vedas are

> allowed entry inside the Guruvayoor temple). There

> is no scope for a Mlecha to follow the Vedic rules

> for a short period ( vrutham) only to attain his

> entry . Such short-term believers can go to temples

> like Sabarimala . Gurvayoorappan is 100% sattvic and

> therefore He allows only the committed Vedic

> followers inside His temple .

>

> The above is based on my faith in Sree Krishna and

> the knowledge passed to me by ancestors who were

> closely associated with the temples . As a

> Krishna-bhakta I have no right to evaluate the

> bhakti-yoga of others because only Bhagavan is

> entitled to do it . I humbly request you not to

> strengthen in any manner the hands ‘ of those

> “reformers” whose hidden agenda is to deconsecrate

> the Guruvayoor temple .

>

> Please, forgive me if any of my words have hurt

> your feelings .

>

> Regards,

>

> Krishnadaya

>

>

> balagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpal wrote:

> HARI AUM

>

> Thanks Shree Krishnadayaji for highlighting the

> complex tantric pratises followed in the temple.

>

> The very many tantric practises are beyond the realm

> of logic which is the basis of science. In the case

> of

> the rituals followed in the Kerala temples it is not

> practical to receive the public's consent by

> explaining the tantric practises.

>

> Under the circumstances are there any alternatives

> to

> ensure maximum participation of 'devotees' crossing

> the limitations of 'religion'- like the non-hindu

> devotees shall undergo a specific period of

> 'vrutham'

> and comply with the Hindu practises of 'pula,valayma

> etc. during the said period.(Afterall it remains in

> the realm of belief that the Hindus who enter the

> temple are already complying with the required

> norms.)

>

>

> The demand for entry to Guruvayur temple for non

> hindus is gaining ground sans political/financial

> (the

> financial assets of the temple must be near or more

> than a Rs1000/- crores by now) compulsions. It will

> be

> a service to Guruvayur temple as an institution by

> initiating a restrained, matured, and empathetic

> process of problem resolution. At the end of the day

> the society as a whole is the reflection of thoughts

> of people at large and the influence of a few

> leaders.

>

> Regards

>

> Balagopal

>

> NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA

>

>

>

>

>

> --- krishnadaya wrote:

>

> >

> > Krishna , Guruvayoorappa ! Dear Sree Balagopalji ,

> >

> > We can see in Dr.Radhakrishna's Gita commentary

> that

> > he is more

> > secular than spiritual. He depends more on

> > rationalism than Bhakti in

> > his explanations . For example , he freely cites

> > the concepts of

> > Budhism and Gandhism to explain the Gita concepts

> .

> > Great Acharyas like

> > Adi Shankara and Chandrasekharendra Sarasvati

> taught

> > that Budhism

> > rejects the authority of Vedas and therefore it is

> > a form of atheism

> > that existed in the world for a short period .

> >

> > Of course, the modern day secular-scholars like

> > Dr.Radhakrishnan

> > prefers to interpret Vedic Sanatana dharma through

> > Budhist concepts .

> > They are the ones who argue for changes to the

> > eternal Vedas .

> >

> > Narayaneeyam ( which has the stamp of approval by

> > Guruvayoorappan

> > Himself) is the latest authentic scriptural book

> on

> > Sanatana Vedic

> > Dharma . It doesn't contain or ask for changes to

> > the Vedas.

> >

> > In Guruvayoor temple , exists many intense

> > `sadhanas' that is

> > unknown to the outsiders . For example , the

> > Melshanti enters the

> > Sreekovil at 2 AM and he drinks a glass of water

> > only after completing

> > the Uchapooja at 12.30AM . Such strict adherence

> to

> > the Adi Shankara

> > formulated regulatory rules is the reason behind

> the

> > purity and

> > uninterrupted " Deva-Chithanyam " of Guruvayoor

> temple

> > . In

> > addition to the above regulations, Bhagavan guides

> > the Tantri and

> > Melsanti through various `nimithams' (symptoms)

> and

> > `

> > Swapna-darshanam ' ; and therefore they don't act

> > according to

> > own whims and fancies . Most of the non-hindus

> don't

> > follow

> > regulations like " Pula, Valayma, Menstrual -period

> > restriction,

> > Vegetarianism etc applicable to temple-entry .

> >

> > It is upto a person to believe or disbelieve the

> > above said

> > " Kshetra-Acharas " . From such Tantris like

> > Brahmasree

> > Tarananalloore Paramesvaran Namoodirippad , the

> > late Brahmasree

> > Thazhaman Kantararu Neelakantararu , and other

> > Brahmana-Poojaris, I

> > have learnt how difficult it is to maintain the

> > " aura " (

> > Deva-chaitanyam) on a temple-Deity . If someone

> > argues that , the Deity

> > accepts anything people decide , I agree to

> disagree

> > with that argument

> > .

> >

> > Sree Guruvayoorappan Saranam !!!

> >

> >

>

------\

> > -------------

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > guruvayur , balagopal

> > ramakrishnan

> > wrote:

> > >

> > > HARI AUM

> > >

> > > The points are worth pondering.

> > >

> > > Late Dr.S.Radhakrishnan had once said -since

> > Hinduism

> > > is 'sanatana' it automatically calls for

> updation

>

=== message truncated ===

5, 50, 500, 5000 - Store N number of mails in your inbox. Go to

http://help./l/in//mail/mail/tools/tools-08.html

Krishna ! Guruvayoorappa ! Dear Bhaktas ,

It is very difficult to itemize the ` Kshetra Acharas ` ( customs applicable to temple) . I am trying it , but it is not at all my intention to do fault finding . Please forgive me for any inappropriate words.

Kindly note the following :

1) Bhatkti-Yoga itself is beyond the realm of logic and speculation. It can't be explained or verified by the limited parameters of Science . So, too `Kshetra acharas' . Only a small percentage of the universe is known to the science . So, can we reject the unknown as non-existent ? .

2) `Devaswom' means Deva's own . Bhagavan or His Tantri decides about the temple and not the general public. Tantri is Bhagavan's authorized representative. The existing laws of the constitution stipulates this fact .

3) Sanatana Vedic Dharma is rooted on faith in the Vedas . According to it, `Mlechas' are ineligible to enter vedic temples . If a `Mlecha' unconditionally accepts the Vedic way of life , he has become a Hindu and can enter any temple including Guruvayoor . There is no scope for part-time vedic belief just to enter a temple . Since childhood, the Hindus, are systematically educated on the several " do's and don't do's" of Deity worship . On the other hand , the non-Hindus are taught that Deity-worship is a serious offence to God.

4) The `Aura' (Deva-Chaithanyam) of a temple-Deity depends on :

a) Tapa-sakthi of Tantri (Acharyan) and his performance of Vedic duties .

b) The Poojaari's discipline and earnest performance of the rites and rituals prescribed by Tantri .

c) Compliance of all regulatory principles applicable to that temple.

d) Faithful worship by the Bhaktas.

e) Annadana ( giving `Prasadam') .

f) Ulsavam .( "Festival" which rectifies the shortcomings in the Poojas, and other devotional matters ) .

The ancient vedic temples were established by great Rishis . They were "Trikala-jnanis"( knowing the past, present and future) . At the time of "Prana-prathishta" (transferring the aura of God to energize the Deity), they prescribed specific Moola-mantra (basic Mantra) and associated regulatory principles for the continuation of "aura" on the Deity . Many living in this age of deterioration (Kali) think that they are wiser than these "outdated" Rishis and could change their ancient prescriptions to suit with the modern era . Hence, their desire to amend item © above . However , they forget the fact that , Guruvayoorappan Himself had asked Adi Shankaracharya to establish the rules and regulations for His temple ; and that item © can't be changed without Bhagavan's permission .

Uniqueness of Each Vedic Temple

Each temple is unique . At the time of `Prana-Prathishta' , the Rishi or Acharyan has used own `sadhana' to energize the Deity according to his idea . As a result of it's unique "moola-mantra" , each Deity has specific characteristics that are different from another Deity of the same God , say Sreekrishna . For example , there is an interesting narration in Shree Kottarathil Shanksunni's masterpiece book "Iythihyamala" :

"Fearing the invasion of Tippu Sulatan , the Deity of Guruvayoorappan was shifted to Ambalappuzha Sreekrishnaswamy temple . Guravayoorappan's Deity was seated at a spot in the temple and offered daily poojas there . However , the non-compatibility of Pooja rituals between the Ambalappuzha and Guruavayoor , started causing problems ( such as impurities in the `Amblappuzha palpayasm' and sour taste to the ` Guruvayoor payasm' ). Because of this , Guruvayoorappan's Deity was later shifted to Mavelikkara Sreekrishnaswamy temple".

Although , both these Deities are that of Sreekrishna , their characters are different . The concerned Rishi installed his favourite Deity providing it with a character according to his wish . The concept "God is one" is not really applicable to the temple Deity . In Guruvayoor temple , Bhagavan consumes mango-pickles with the meals on a particular day . Such uniqueness exists for each Deity . It is due to this uniqueness that , non-Hindus are allowed in certain temples and not in some others . A devotee must have unconditional faith in the prescribed traditions unless he is adequately qualified to handle the "Prana-prathishta" better than the Rishi who had installed that Deity .

Very Serious Threat to Guruvayoor Temple

In view of the eagerness of some of our friends to open-up the Guruvayoor temple to all non-Hindus , let me point out certain ground realities at Guruvayoor .

One can enter the temple only after passing through the metal detectors and security check-up because, both the state and union intelligence departments have detected extremist moves to blown-up the temple . The gateway to Guruvayoor is " Chavakkadu " ( formerly `Shapakkadu `) . When many vedic believers of this place converted to the "Mlecha religion' , the Brahmanas cursed that place and went away . Hence, that place came to be known as Shapakkadu) . `Chavakkadu' is the headquarters of underworld in Kerala . Vast majority of it's residents belong to the "Mlecha religions " which preach that "destroying a Deity is an act dearest to the Almighty . It's followers are now majority in Guruvayoor town as well. Most of the shops and establishments there are owned by them . Fortunately, due to the existing restrictions they are not allowed entry to the temple . The present law enables the Security forces to stop them at the gate itself . What will happen , if we open up the temple to all of them ??? . For sure , I can't rest and leave my responsibilities to Guruvayoorappan. Bhagavan has given wisdom and other faculties to His devotees to serve Him and His bhaktas , as His instruments . If that is not necessary what for we are ? . One realizes the true value of eyes, only after losing it ; and the Guruvayoor temple is more invaluable than our own eyes .

Pure Vedic Tradition at Guruvayoor

Guruvayoor temple's speciality is the full time presence of it's Tantri . He being ably assisted by His disciples, keeps a close watch on all matters to ensure the purity of the temple . If he was after money alone , he could have allowed the entry of non-Hindus long back . As we will see in other places , such a open entry would have increases his income (10) times . But , money is not the key factor in ` Vedic Sanatana Dharma ` which is constituted on unconditional faith in the Vedas . Unlike , the Abrahamic religions, Sanatana Dharma can not be amended to grab more materialistic opportunities .

The great Paramacharya Chandraseksharendra Sarasvati said "In matters of the Self, of dharma and religion, the Vedas are in the forefront as our guide . Next come the Dharmasastras . Third is the conduct of the great Sages of the past . Fourth is the example of the virtuous people of our own times . Conscience comes last in determining dharma . Some people ask me , why I as a Seer don't change the Vedas to suit with the present times . If I reject some potion as weeds, another man will reject some other . Finally , what remains will not be the real Vedas " .

The Ever Practical Sree Guruvayoorappan .

Those Bhaktas who have sincerely worshipped at Guruvayoor agree that , they could feel the presence and grace of Bhagavan in one way or another . Often , Bhagavan Himself makes arrangements for them, in the form of "strange coincidence" . Facilities are in place to enable the non-Hindus to worship Bhagavan and to make their offerings from outside. Those sincere to Bhagavan haven't experienced this as a problem in attaining His abundant grace . They understand that , due to certain "administrative reasons " they can't meet Guruvayoorappan inside the temple but that is not a problem for their worship to Him .

Bhagavan is absolutely aware of the difficulties and needs of His each Bhakta . When Poontanam was insulted by a temple staff , Bhagavan appeared in his dream to inform that thenceforth there is no need for Poonthanam to come to Guruvayoor and He will come to where he is. Also , when Kurooramma became too weak to travel to Guruvayoor, Bhagavan appeared in person to receive her worship. Furthermore , Bhagavan came near the Manjulal to receive Majula's garland ; and to the low cast Kittai's home to receive his coconuts . There are numerous events like this wherein Guruavayoorappan came out to receive the offerings to Him .

In view of the above , I request all Bhaktas to have confidence in the integrity of the great Guruvayoor Thantri Chennas Raman Namboodirippad. If they want a particular change, pray to Guruvayoorappan , the Bhaktavalsalan .

Jai Sree Guruvayoorappan !!!

Krishnadaya .

---------------

guruvayur , balagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpal wrote:HARI AUM

It is nice to get some insider views of our ancient rites and rituals. Can there be some process by whichwe can derive more good from these? say by revealing the wisdom behind all these practices? If one can do so then how about developing more such precincts-i.e more Guruvayurappan temples? This forum certainly have in its fold many minds who > can add valuable suggestions.I just read:

guruvayurdevaswom.org expired on 08/29/2007 and is pending renewal or deletion.Such things happen when the minds are not vigilant enough. As we know the larger mind is the sum total of the individuals. Every time a mind moves towards righteous thinking so much good is transmitted to thewhole.

RegardsBalagopalNARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA

----------

agraman62 wrote……

Dear Krishnadaya,

Your commentary is ok.But as Krishna Himself has said that all believers,non-believers,sinners etc are His devotees only as He is the One who control everything.Of course due rites hv to be performed by tantris according to prescribed guidelines to keep the Chaithanyam of the Deity.Reg.Vegetarianism,menstrual cycle etc it is difficult to find out as the same is the choice of one(excuse me I am a total vegetarian but can't say abt others).In all temples the tantris or priests dedicated poojas make the presence of the Divine Power.It is not only confined to GVR but all temples like Tripati Venkateswara and ever so many temples the chaithanyam of the moorthys depend on the dedication of the tantris or poojaris.

Here the point is we accept that God is merciful to all without discrimination. Such be the position of Krishna Himself it is not correct to say that only certain people hv to be allowed to hv the darsan of the Lord and others even if they are ardent devotees shuld not be allowed.That narrows the broad vision of the people who hv prescribed such things.Except GVR almost all tem ples allow devotees irrespective of their origin.So one has to move with times and shuld not confine to outdated theories as it is difficult to find out how many people are visiting the temple at GVR with pure heart and those with pure devotion are not allowed.It is for the Deity to find out His bhakthas not on caste basis as all are His children.

It is ok you agree to disagree but the argument is not convincing as you are carried away by outdated rituals coined hundreds of years back and not living in the changed world.May be each temple has its own customs but as change is the order of the day a little change won't harm provided the person who wish to visit shuld hv a pure devotional mind and we don't know people who visit hv real Bhakthy as the same is only the thinking of mind and only Krishna has to accept who is a devotee and who is not.

This is not to wound your feelings but only my thoughts.

Hare Krishna.

Krishna , Guruvayoorappa ! Dear Devotees,

We can see in Dr.Radhakrishna's Gita commentary that he is more secular than spiritual. He depends more on rationalism than Bhakti in his explanations . For example , he freely cites the concepts of Budhism and Gandhism to explain the Gita concepts . Great Acharyas like Adi Shankara and Chandrasekharendra Sarasvati taught that Budhism rejects the authority of Vedas and therefore it is a form of atheism that existed in the world for a short period .

Of course, the modern day secular-scholars like Dr.Radhakrishnan prefers to interpret Vedic Sanatana dharma through Budhist concepts . They are the ones who argue for changes to the eternal Vedas .

Narayaneeyam ( which has the stamp of approval by Guruvayoorappan Himself) is the latest authentic scriptural book on Sanatana Vedic Dharma . It doesn't contain or ask for changes to the Vedas.

In Guruvayoor temple , exists many intense `sadhanas' that is unknown to the outsiders . For example , the Melshanti enters the Sreekovil at 2 AM and he drinks a glass of water only after completing the Uchapooja at 12.30AM . Such strict adherence to the Adi Shankara formulated regulatory rules is the reason behind the purity and uninterrupted "Deva-Chithanyam" of Guruvayoor temple . In addition to the above regulations, Bhagavan guides the Tantri and Melsanti through various `nimithams' (symptoms) and ` Swapna-darshanam ' ; and therefore they don't act according to own whims and fancies . Most of the non-hindus don't follow regulations like "Pula, Valayma, Menstrual -period restriction, Vegetarianism etc applicable to temple-entry .

It is upto a person to believe or disbelieve the above said "Kshetra-Acharas" . From such Tantris like Brahmasree Tarananalloore Paramesvaran Namoodirippad , the late Brahmasree Thazhaman Kantararu Neelakantararu , and other Brahmana-Poojaris, I have learnt how difficult it is to maintain the "aura" ( Deva-chaitanyam) on a temple-Deity . If someone argues that , the Deity accepts anything people decide , I agree to disagree with that argument .

Sree Guruvayoorappan Saranam !!!

Krishnadaya.

-