IndiaDivine.org

MANJULAAL OF GURUVAYUR

Rate this topic

Guest guest

MANJULAL OF GURUVAYUR

Friends,

Since, I am a new entrant. I do not know whether somebody has written about MANJULAAL of Guruvayur. However, I am narrating it, thinking that none has written about it.

When one enter the GARUDA VAASAL of eastern Nada and just pass a few steps, towards the temple, you will find a Banyan tree with a platform around it. This tree is called MANHJULAAL ( Manjula +Aal ). Many of the persons residing at Guruvayur do not know how the name was originated, In fact, I asked many of the traders there about it when I visited Guruvayur. Now, I give below, what I gathered about it through some knowledgeable persons :-

During the time of the Great devotee of Lord Guruvayurappan, POONTHANAM NAMOOTHIRIPPAD, there was a pious lady called MANJULA VAARASYAAR Everyday she used to make a garland with flowers and take it to Guruvayur Temple and hand over the same to the Chief Priest ( MEL - SHANTHI ) to put it on the neck of the idol of Lord Guruvayurappan. One day, it so happened that she was a bit late to reach the temple by which time the door of the Sanctum sanctorum was closed. Not knowing what to do next and with profound grief, Manjula who was dejected turned back to go home. In the mean time, Brahma Shri. Poonthaanam happened to see her and told her ," please put the garland under the Banyan Tree which is slightly on the eastern side of the East Nada and go to your home peacefully. Your daily SEVA will not be hindered ". Hearing these words, Manjula took the Garland which she made and kept it below the Banyan tree, and went home. On the next morning when the door of theSanctum Sanctorum was opened and while removing the NIRMAALYAM, the Head Priest found a new garland which was not put by him on the neck of the Lord was seen on the neck of the GOD, and he was dismayed. Then Poonthaanam who was present there for NIRMAALYA DARSHANAM told the head priest " THAT IS MANJULA'S GARLAND".

This above story shows how great was MANJULA'S BHAKTHI and also the LORD'S love towards His devotees especially on BRAHMASRI POONTHAANAM and on MANJULA VAARASYAAR.

This is the story about MANJALAL.

" HANTHA BHAAGYAM JANAANAAM"

" OM NAMOH BHAGAVATHE VAASUDEVAAYA"

Regards,

RADHAKRISHNAN