IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Periazvar kanda Kannan-Krishna in his cradle

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Smt. Dr. Saroja,

Kudos to you. A nice article " KRISHNA IN CRADLE " . I do nt know whether you will agree with me or not, while Sri Ramaavathara was about a perfect man, Krishnavathara was to show that to achieve our goal " GOOD " we may employ any means whether good or bad. Is it not a bit of Machiavellian in nature? Probably, I might be feeling so as I ama Political Science student. The killing of BHISHMA PITHAMAHA, DHRONACHARYA and KARNA, to say the truth making Dhuryodhana to wear clothes at least to hide his private parts before Gandhari so that if her powerful eyes fall on the body no one could kill him should not materialise and even gesturing to Bheema to hit on the thighs of Dhurydhana which part Gandhari did not see, all these show that DHARMA gave way to ADHARMA. However, " OUR TREASURE SRIMAD BHAGAVAT GITHA " gives the answer however unconvincing it may be to ordinary persons like me.As Sridhara-charya put it Reading of MAHABHARATHA IS CONSIDERED AS PUNYA BY EVERY HINDU EVEN THOUGH..... "

Best wishes and warm regards, " OM NAMO BHAGAVATHE VASUDEVAYA, OM VISWASMAI NAMAH : "

P.R.RADHAKRISHNAN

On 09/10/2007, sarojram18 <sarojram18 wrote:

Krishna in his cradle

Krishna is lying in his cradle and Azvar enjoys singing lullaby to him.

The cradle was given by Brahma and was made of gold, says Azvar, and it was strung with precious stones and diamonds. " sleep well, you who took the form of a dwarf and became Trivikrama, the one who measured the whole world with His form., " says Azvar.

His waist ornament was given by Siva and the bells on his cradle was given by Indra. The devas gave the girdle and Kubera gave the necklace

resembling the five weapons of the Lord. Usually it is the custom to put a necklace with miniatures of the five weapons, conch. disc, sword, mace and bow of the Lord on the infants to ward off the effects of evil eye. It is called `aimpadaitthaali' in Tamil.

Varuna gave pearls and corals set in necklace and bracelet and Lakshmi sent garlands of Tulasi and flowers from the kalpataru. Bhoodevi not to be outdone by her other ornaments like the pendant at the top of the head,and bangles of gold etc. Goddess Durga sent fragrant turmeric and other powers to apply on his body and colyrium for the eyes and sindhoor to apply on his forehead.

This was supposed to have been the gist of the lullaby sung by the gopis when they placed

Krishna in the cradle after he sucked the life of Poothana. Azvar ends the ten verses by saying that for those who read these will overcome all obstacles.

-- Rrpallassana

Dear Mr.Radhakrishnan, Your doubts are legitimate and requires an explanation. As you yourself has written Ramavatara was purely human but Krishnavatara was not so. Krishna was always acting as the supreme purush as Bhagavata puts it, Krishnasthu bhagavaan svayam As such He was only performing the role of karmaphakadhata and his actions thoug it may seem devious yet they are onlt the indication of teh karmaphla of the characters concerned.Enlighteb ned souls knlike Bhishma understood this perfectly and praised Him for that. The Lord does not rule out the prarabdha but to those who are His devotees He mitigates the effect and make them feel that it is also His grace that their prarabdha is being exhausted by their punishment.J The actions of Krishna were thus the will of God explicitly exposed because He was present there in human form. That is all. I hope I have given asatisfactory explab nation. If you need more clarification please do not hesitate

to ask. saroja Ramanujam Dr. Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit. Please visit www.freewebs.com/sarojaramanujam www.freewebs.com/asrama3

Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows. Answers - Check it out.