IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Hindu daily routine- smile please

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Ohm Narayanaya Namah

Dear Balagopal,

Thank you for your mail and correcting my thinking. I agree with you totally that whichever direction we keep our head, only think of HIM who will do the needful. I tender my heartfelt apologies to my G and the rest for my folly. I spoke to my wife y/day and she came up with same sloka as posted by Shri Krishnakumar that I found when I opened the mail box today. Thank u Krishnakumar. As I read the same, a small smile came up in my face but when I stand in front of the mirror I cannot see the similar smile, like that of my late beloved father, who had a captivating way of smiling. That takes me to the Sankalpa sloka that we all know :

SUKLAMBARADHARAM VISHNUM

SASHIVARNAM CHATHURBHUJAM

PRASANNA VADANAM DHYAYETH

SARVA VIGNOPA SANTHAYE

I look at the last two lines only. I understand by keeping a prasanna vadanam all vignas get removed. This is my thinking. By keeping a smiling face all woes will be gone and if, there are any foes, they will become friends instantly. I may be wrong too. I have heard that the longest word in English is SMILES, because the distance between the two S....S is a mile. So please smile, and laugh, but please do not LAUGH IT OFF.

Ohm Narayanayah namah

Chandra Sekharan Menon

balagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpalguruvayur Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2007 5:18:33 AMRe: [Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Hindu daily routine-Call 'him' and....

HARI AUMI presume that one is not supposed to sleep with headtowards north. Feet is placed towards south when thebody is kept after the person dies.The intent may beafter death one has to travel to 'yama' loka to findout the next itinerary.In any case call Bhagavan's name and lie down tosleep. He will do the needful.If you have time to pass I have copied some commentsfrom the web. Just rad and enjoyyyy.RegardsBalagopalNARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA-that a bed with the head facing north is good -I know that from an electromagnetic field standpoint,that it is bad to sleep with your head pointing north.-Balinese have a different view of the world and thecosmos than other races do and this influences eventhe way they sleep. Hindus here believe that peopleshould sleep according the magnetic alignment of theEarth, meaning that our heads should

face north andour feet south-It¢s a bad omen to sleep with your pillow facingnorth-Feng shui says East, but several mythologies also sayNorth. Apparently the reasoning behind that is Northis the direction of the element of Earth. If you sleepwith your head grounded in the Earth direction youdon't become "trapped" in dreamland. These are talesI've heard from several different sources but it'sbasically crazy hippie stuff. :) Sleep however yourbody falls, or whichever way your bed faces.- While the following varies depending on your bedroomsetup, here are few more suggestions. It is best tosleep with your legs facing to the south or west ifpossible. South is usually best in the Northernhemisphere. In the southern hemisphere, such asAustralia and New Zealand, face with your legs moretoward the north. This has to do with releasingnegative energies that everyone picks up

during theday from other people, from computers, televisions andother stray electromagnetic fields.--- Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002@ > wrote:> Respected my G and other members,> I am sorry to point this out, as my G said " the> most ideal position is head towards south" is> wrong. I presume you meant EAST.> I had heard the following about our sleeping> posture. The head should be > > VENAM KIZHAKKOTTU> VENDA PADINJATTU> AAKAM VADAKKOTTU> ARUTHE THEKKOTTU> > As my G said for all auspicious beginning we should> be facing east. > Scientifically I read somewhere as the Earth rotates> from west to east to avoid the ill effect of the> gravitational force our head should be in the

same> direction as the rotation of the Earth. > Pardon my interruption in this subject. > Ohm Narayanaya Namah> Chandra Sekharan Menon > > > > > K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna. kv (AT) gmail (DOT) com>> guruvayur@grou ps.com> Thursday, October 11, 2007 2:04:44 PM> Re: [Guruvayur/Guruvayo or] Hindu daily> routine> > Radhe Krishna!> > The most ideal position is head towards south. > When one says "Aruthe thekku", he means that the> southern direction should be avoided. South is the> direction of Yama and hence no good

things, prayers> etc., are done facing south. The best directions> for Mangala-karmas are east and north.> > Regards> KVG.> > > > Epics 07 wrote: > Question to you sindu and others in the group...> Where we should place our head while sleeping. Head> placed at east facing west or placed at west facing> east. I heard this saying.> "aruthe thekku....." please explain. > Thanks> > > > On 10/10/07, Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@> > wrote: > Very informative. thanks. Looking forward for> similar> mails.> > > --- sindu kaipuzha <sindukaipuzha@ .co. in>> wrote:> > > namaste.> > > > in reference to emails from sri. sunil,

sri.> suresh,> > smt. saroja and sri. krishna, i was looking for a> > more down-to-earth information like (forgive me> and> > correct me if i am wrong):> > > > 1.> > when you wake up in the morning, which should be> 48> > minutes before sunrise:> > write 'shree' on the left hand side of the bed by> > right hand.> > > > 2.> > turn to righthand side and sit up facing east> > chanting 'govinda, govinda' and remember mother,> > father and guru.> > > > 3.> > join the palms and darshan lakshmi at the> > fingertips, saraswathi at the centre of the plams> > and parvathy at the lower part of the palm> reciting:> > > > karagravasathey lakshmi> > karamadhye saraswathi> > karamoole sthita gowri> >

prabhathey kara darshanam> > > > 4.touch mother earth by both hands chanting:> > > > samudra vasaney devi> > parvatha sthana mandaley> > vishnu pagni namasthubhyam> > pada sparsham kshamaswamey> > > > and place both hands on the head.> > > > ------------> > courtesy: hindukkal ariyendava by dr. k.> > aravindakshan.> > ------------> > > > more practices will follow once your input is> > received.> > > > with best wishes> > sindu baby> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Suresh Nair <aol.suresh@ gmail. com>> > guruvayur@grou ps.com> > Thursday, 4 October,

2007 10:15:52 AM> > Re: [Guruvayur/Guruvayo or] Hindu daily> > routine> > > > Om Namo Narayanaya!> > > > Sanatana Dharma is a way of life, not a religion.> A> > Hindu is somebody who follows Sanatana Dharma. In> > Sanatana Dharma itself there are various sects and> > groups that suggest different ways of self> > realization. Irrespective of the sects and> beliefs,> > the ultimate aim is self realization.> > > > For self realization, there is only one real way -> > the way of SADHANA; Spiritual practices. Spiritual> > practices does not have any relation with wearing> > Saffron cloths and enunciating everything.> > Spirituality is knowing the spirit, experiencing> the> > self.> > > > There are a number of spiritual practices

that> helps> > one to lead a happy life. Some are the Art of> Living> > of His Holiness Sri Sri Ravishankarji, Self> > realization foundation of Sri Sri Paramhansa> > Yogananda, Transcendental Meditation of Maharishi> > Mahesh Yogi and many like that. One seeking the> > ultimate abode of the supreme soul can always take> a> > single path of Spiritual Practices. Regular> practice> > will definitely guide one to the goal.> > > > Another aspect of the sanatana dharma is the> > presence of a living guru. One seeker's like gets> a> > direction when he reaches a Guru. A guru is> > inevitable in the path of self realization.> Observe> > that, even Arjuna got the ultimate knowledge of> Gita> > when he accepted Hari as the guru. In our> scriptures> >

it is told that " One without guru is - ANATH,> > orphan". Having a guru is more than having Brahma,> > Vishnu and Mahesh together. Guru is "bindu-nAda-> > kalAtItA" , above the three aspects of OM-kara.> > > > There are some other beautiful aspects too. > > > > The first one is celebrating the life - it was put> > in practice by Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. That is> SATSANG> > - Singing, Dancing and being in communion with the> > God within.> > > > Then it is Karma-Yoga. Serving other people in> need.> > Look at any of the living masters. They all do> that.> > SEVA. Helping the needy, without expecting> anything.> > > > Then comes Knowledge and Meditation. We have the> > ultimate knowledge of Bhagavad Gita. > > > > Simply reciting the Sanskrit

chanting, and reading> > the stories in religious books will not alone> help.> > We got the human life for a cause. Finding that> > cause and reaching the self should be the goal in> === message truncated ===Flying to Bangalore or Bhopal? Search for tickets at http://in.farechase .

Dear beloved Chandra and friends,

Radhe Krishna!

We only quote whatever we have been taught as children by our parents. Likewise, I had also only quoted what had been taught to me by my father. When my father had taught me like that, there must be some basis, I thought.. I am not able to find the authority for that. When and if I come to see the authority , I shall write back. Till that, I stand corrected. You need not be apologetic about it.

If one thinks deeper into that, as our friend has sid, it does not matter which direction one keeps the head--- He will take care of that. What we need to have is supreme devotion and offer whatever we do to Him.

Warmest regards

KVG.

On 10/14/07, Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002 wrote:

Ohm Narayanaya Namah

Dear Balagopal,

Thank you for your mail and correcting my thinking. I agree with you totally that whichever direction we keep our head, only think of HIM who will do the needful. I tender my heartfelt apologies to my G and the rest for my folly. I spoke to my wife y/day and she came up with same sloka as posted by Shri Krishnakumar that I found when I opened the mail box today. Thank u Krishnakumar. As I read the same, a small smile came up in my face but when I stand in front of the mirror I cannot see the similar smile, like that of my late beloved father, who had a captivating way of smiling. That takes me to the Sankalpa sloka that we all know :

SUKLAMBARADHARAM VISHNUM

SASHIVARNAM CHATHURBHUJAM

PRASANNA VADANAM DHYAYETH

SARVA VIGNOPA SANTHAYE

I look at the last two lines only. I understand by keeping a prasanna vadanam all vignas get removed. This is my thinking. By keeping a smiling face all woes will be gone and if, there are any foes, they will become friends instantly.

I may be wrong too. I have heard that the longest word in English is SMILES, because the distance between the two S....S is a mile. So please smile, and laugh, but please do not LAUGH IT OFF.

Ohm Narayanayah namah

Chandra Sekharan Menon

balagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpal (AT) (DOT)

co.in>guruvayur Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2007 5:18:33 AMRe: [Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Hindu daily routine-Call 'him' and....

HARI AUMI presume that one is not supposed to sleep with headtowards north. Feet is placed towards south when thebody is kept after the person dies.The intent may beafter death one has to travel to 'yama' loka to find

out the next itinerary.In any case call Bhagavan's name and lie down tosleep. He will do the needful.If you have time to pass I have copied some commentsfrom the web. Just rad and enjoyyyy.

RegardsBalagopalNARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA-that a bed with the head facing north is good -I know that from an electromagnetic field standpoint,that it is bad to sleep with your head pointing north.

-Balinese have a different view of the world and thecosmos than other races do and this influences eventhe way they sleep. Hindus here believe that peopleshould sleep according the magnetic alignment of the

Earth, meaning that our heads should face north andour feet south-It's a bad omen to sleep with your pillow facingnorth-Feng shui says East, but several mythologies also sayNorth. Apparently the reasoning behind that is North

is the direction of the element of Earth. If you sleepwith your head grounded in the Earth direction youdon't become " trapped " in dreamland. These are talesI've heard from several different sources but it's

basically crazy hippie stuff. :) Sleep however yourbody falls, or whichever way your bed faces.- While the following varies depending on your bedroomsetup, here are few more suggestions. It is best to

sleep with your legs facing to the south or west ifpossible. South is usually best in the Northernhemisphere. In the southern hemisphere, such asAustralia and New Zealand, face with your legs moretoward the north. This has to do with releasing

negative energies that everyone picks up during theday from other people, from computers, televisions andother stray electromagnetic fields.--- Chandra Menon <

chandrasmenon2002@ > wrote:> Respected my G and other members,> I am sorry to point this out, as my G said " the> most ideal position is head towards south " is> wrong. I presume you meant EAST.

> I had heard the following about our sleeping> posture. The head should be > > VENAM KIZHAKKOTTU> VENDA PADINJATTU> AAKAM VADAKKOTTU> ARUTHE THEKKOTTU> > As my G said for all auspicious beginning we should

> be facing east. > Scientifically I read somewhere as the Earth rotates> from west to east to avoid the ill effect of the> gravitational force our head should be in the same> direction as the rotation of the Earth. > Pardon my interruption in this subject. > Ohm Narayanaya Namah> Chandra Sekharan Menon > > > > > K.V Gopalakrishna <

gopalakrishna. kv (AT) gmail (DOT) com>> guruvayur@grou ps.com> Thursday, October 11, 2007 2:04:44 PM

> Re: [Guruvayur/Guruvayo or] Hindu daily> routine> > Radhe Krishna!> > The most ideal position is head towards south. > When one says " Aruthe thekku " , he means that the

> southern direction should be avoided. South is the> direction of Yama and hence no good things, prayers> etc., are done facing south. The best directions> for Mangala-karmas are east and north.

> > Regards> KVG.> > > > Epics 07 wrote: > Question to you sindu and others in the group...> Where we should place our head while sleeping. Head> placed at east facing west or placed at west facing

> east. I heard this saying.> " aruthe thekku..... " please explain. > Thanks> > > > On 10/10/07, Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier@>

> wrote: > Very informative. thanks. Looking forward for> similar> mails.> > > --- sindu kaipuzha <sindukaipuzha@

.co. in>> wrote:> > > namaste.> > > > in reference to emails from sri. sunil, sri.> suresh,> > smt. saroja and sri. krishna, i was looking for a

> > more down-to-earth information like (forgive me> and> > correct me if i am wrong):> > > > 1.> > when you wake up in the morning, which should be> 48> > minutes before sunrise:

> > write 'shree' on the left hand side of the bed by> > right hand.> > > > 2.> > turn to righthand side and sit up facing east> > chanting 'govinda, govinda' and remember mother,

> > father and guru.> > > > 3.> > join the palms and darshan lakshmi at the> > fingertips, saraswathi at the centre of the plams> > and parvathy at the lower part of the palm

> reciting:> > > > karagravasathey lakshmi> > karamadhye saraswathi> > karamoole sthita gowri> > prabhathey kara darshanam> > > > 4.touch mother earth by both hands chanting:

> > > > samudra vasaney devi> > parvatha sthana mandaley> > vishnu pagni namasthubhyam> > pada sparsham kshamaswamey> > > > and place both hands on the head.

> > > > ------------> > courtesy: hindukkal ariyendava by dr. k.> > aravindakshan.> > ------------> > > > more practices will follow once your input is

> > received.> > > > with best wishes> > sindu baby> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > Suresh Nair <aol.suresh@ gmail. com>> > guruvayur@grou ps.com> > Thursday, 4 October, 2007 10:15:52 AM

> > Re: [Guruvayur/Guruvayo or] Hindu daily> > routine> > > > Om Namo Narayanaya!> > > > Sanatana Dharma is a way of life, not a religion.> A

> > Hindu is somebody who follows Sanatana Dharma. In> > Sanatana Dharma itself there are various sects and> > groups that suggest different ways of self> > realization. Irrespective of the sects and

> beliefs,> > the ultimate aim is self realization.> > > > For self realization, there is only one real way -> > the way of SADHANA; Spiritual practices. Spiritual> > practices does not have any relation with wearing

> > Saffron cloths and enunciating everything.> > Spirituality is knowing the spirit, experiencing> the> > self.> > > > There are a number of spiritual practices that

> helps> > one to lead a happy life. Some are the Art of> Living> > of His Holiness Sri Sri Ravishankarji, Self> > realization foundation of Sri Sri Paramhansa> > Yogananda, Transcendental Meditation of Maharishi

> > Mahesh Yogi and many like that. One seeking the> > ultimate abode of the supreme soul can always take> a> > single path of Spiritual Practices. Regular> practice> > will definitely guide one to the goal.

> > > > Another aspect of the sanatana dharma is the> > presence of a living guru. One seeker's like gets> a> > direction when he reaches a Guru. A guru is> > inevitable in the path of self realization.

> Observe> > that, even Arjuna got the ultimate knowledge of> Gita> > when he accepted Hari as the guru. In our> scriptures> > it is told that " One without guru is - ANATH,

> > orphan " . Having a guru is more than having Brahma,> > Vishnu and Mahesh together. Guru is " bindu-nAda-> > kalAtItA " , above the three aspects of OM-kara.> > > > There are some other beautiful aspects too. > > > > The first one is celebrating the life - it was put> > in practice by Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. That is> SATSANG> > - Singing, Dancing and being in communion with the> > God within.

> > > > Then it is Karma-Yoga. Serving other people in> need.> > Look at any of the living masters. They all do> that.> > SEVA. Helping the needy, without expecting

> anything.> > > > Then comes Knowledge and Meditation. We have the> > ultimate knowledge of Bhagavad Gita. > > > > Simply reciting the Sanskrit chanting, and reading

> > the stories in religious books will not alone> help.> > We got the human life for a cause. Finding that> > cause and reaching the self should be the goal in> === message truncated ===

Flying to Bangalore or Bhopal? Search for tickets at http://in.farechase .

WHY MUST WE ALWAYS SMILE? It is easier than frowning! When you wear a smile on your face it radiates goodwill and joy and becomes infectious. It is very difficult to scowl at someone who is smiling at you. When you return the smile it puts you in a better mood. Even when you have something to frown upon try smiling instead. You will find that nothing turns out to be as formidable as it appeared. It will help you to develop a sense of humour and you learn to laugh away your blues. More than anything else a smiling face has less wrinkles than a frowning face. So , KEEP SMILING ALWAYS ! Beauty that is skin deep decays with age unless it is accompanied with the beauty of the heart. The best compliment a husband pays to his wife is when he tells her that he finds her more

and more attractive as she grows older. People who look beautiful in old age are those who have a heart full of love and laughter which reflects in their faces irrespective of their features. On the other hand a stunning beauty can grow into a positively ugly person in old age if the heart has become devoid of love and laughter. This is why Mother Theresa, the Mother of Pondicheri or Mahatma Gandhi looked more attractive than some of the glamorous film stars in their old age. So "keep smiling always at all costs" is my motto in life. Let it be yours too. saroja Ramanujam Dr. Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit. Please visit www.freewebs.com/sarojaramanujam www.freewebs.com/asrama3

Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. Join 's user panel and lay it on us.