IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Crying for Krishna

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna, Wonderful Explanation and it is truly correct. When we were in Bangalore we used to Attend Evening Hare Krishna Classes on Every sunday at ISKON and the Guru will chant the Hare Krishna Mantra and we repeat the same. One day when Guru Chanting the Mantra he was literally crying.he could not control the same. After Finishing the class when every body left, I approached the Guru and asked him some personal Question and also asked the reason for his Crying. when he replied me I got stunned. He is an MBA Holder with Foreign University and was working with one of the Fortune 500 companies in India where he left from there and joined with Hare Krishna Movement for the

spiritual growth in his life. The word which he told me which made me think I have to go very far to reach his level. When he is crying he can feel the Presence of God and his blessing. Actually he is not crying .the tears falling down is because of he could not control the happiness after feeling the presence of God.If we cry for God ,very sure that God will answer it immediately. With Love, Sree Ovidiu Deleanu <deleanuovidiu wrote: Crying for KrishnaBy Srila Sivarama SwamiA beautiful meditation on chanting Hare Krishna, from a podcastrecorded by Sivarama Swami:Chanting Hare Krishna is so wonderful, the only real activity that wehave. Everything else is complimentary to it, secondary to it, ormeant to help us increase our attachment to it. Calling out, as SrilaPrabhupada would say, as a child calls out to his mother.But what does it mean, chanting Hare Krishna like a child? CaitanyaMahaprabhu says, ayi nanda tanuja kinkaram; that "I am fallen." We arefallen in this material world, we are in this material condition, andso like a mother, when she sees her child has fallen on the ground,what does she do? She doesn't leave

him there, but she opens her arms,she bends down, she lifts him up, she takes the baby to her breast andembraces him. So when we are chanting Hare Krishna, we are crying outto Krishna, begging for Krishna, "I am also fallen here in thismaterial world, it is not a place that I like, it is a horrible place.Although there may be very nice facilities, I am separate from You.Please lift me up."We want Krishna to extend His hand; we are looking to Him, reachingout with our hearts to Krishna, and asking Him to lift us up, to bringus close to Him, to embrace us, to lift us up from the materialplatform to the spiritual platform, to be with Him.And Caitanya Mahaprabhu says, "Please situate me like a particle ofdust." So we don't want to be here in this material world, we want tobe situated at the lotus feet of Krishna, we want to be where He is.He is always transcendentally situated, He is always above theinfluence of

matter. So we want to be on the same spiritual platform.This desire to be spiritually liberated, to be freed from the miseriesof material existence, and even better, to be able to render puredevotional service with spiritually enlivened and purified senses, inknowledge of kinkara, as Caitanya Mahaprabhu says, it means to be aservant. It is such a beautiful word, kinkara or kinkari. Kin means"what" and kara means "do." So, "what can I do." Isn't that awonderful word. When you are in that mentality, "What can I do?" AsSrila Prabhupada wrote in his last letter to Bhaktisiddhanta SarasvatiThakura, "What service may I render." When one has this attitude, thenhe is called a kinkara, or a kinkari. So then he is situated in hisoriginal spiritual position.Being situated in our original spiritual position, with purifiedsenses - we want to be able to render pure devotional service likethat. It's not suitable being in this

material world, even if we arefortunate to be in the mode of goodness, still the distraction ofhappiness that comes from transcendental knowledge, of being freedfrom material miseries, and being peaceful, that is also not thespiritual platform. Although it is a peaceful situation, it is not ourreal spiritual situation.So in this way our chanting Hare Krishna is for real, our japa iscalling out to Krishna, "Please lift me up to that place where Youare." And it requires that He lift us up. Like a little baby cannotclimb on its own into its mother's lap, it requires lifting up. Solike that, we need Krishna to lift us up, we are dependent on Him. Andthat is called s€ ¦ädhana. Rupa Goswami says this is sadhana. The mood ofdevotion by which one is chanting Hare Krishna, or doing everything,is to come to that really satisfactory place of rendering devotionalservice, which is the spiritual platform.This type of

abhimana, or identity, conception, absorption, it is whatwe want. Japa is not just pacing back and forth to finish our rounds,to get them finished so we can get on with the important thing that isour service, but being absorbed in a certain mood.This morning when I was chanting I was meditating on a wonderful verseby Raghunatha dasa Goswami, when he is praying for that time when hecan see Radha and Krishna when they are strolling through the forestsof Vrindavan, singing each others' glorification; when the gopis areaccompanying them; when the trees are scattering flowers in theirpath; when the birds are singing in accompaniment to their song; wheneverything is participating in the glorification of the Divine Couple.And as they are strolling along with radiant smiles and sidelongglances, all who see them become overwhelmed in bliss, and those whoeven think of them feel an upsurge of emotion in their heart.

Still,says Raghunatha dasa Goswami, I am unfortunate because I have to beabsorbed in these thoughts, rather than actually be at that placewhere those things are taking place.So we cry out, Hare Krishna, Hare Rama. Perhaps Srimati Radharani andSri Krishna, while they are strolling, they hear that heartfelt call,which rises above the rustling leaves of Vrindavan and the sounds ofmusical instruments played by their associates, then perhaps they willlook down, and reach down, and lift up those souls who sing withenough heartfelt devotion to attract the attention of Radha andKrishna.Then chanting Hare Krishna will be for real, and meditation will nolonger be an exercise of the mind but a natural perception of thesenses, that our eyes are able to see the form of the Lord, our earshear their voices, our nose the natural fragrance of Vrindavan-dhama.Perhaps one day that wonderful opportunity will come. All we can

do ischant...

For ideas on reducing your carbon footprint visit For Good this month.