IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Vijayadasami--Teachers' day

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Respected G and other members,

Thank you for your words of wisdom, specially on this auspicious day of Vijaya Dhasami.

After maatha and pitha, GURU is our DEIVAM.

Ohm Narayanaya Namah

Chandra Sekharan Menon

K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kvguruvayur ; pattars Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2007 2:37:34 AM[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Vijayadasami--Teachers' day

Dear all,

Radhe Krishna!

Today is Vijayadasami, more than anything else, the day all of us started our learning process, academically. Why I say "academically" is because somebody will have objection and say that the learning process starts as soon as a child is born. That is true, no doubt, but this is the day we started our"Vidyarambham" and further, initiate our children, grand-children and others in the three R's In fact, this is the day we should remember our teachers who have spent their lifetime in the teaching profession, sacrificing everything else.

In olden days, people used to say that if a man is good-for-nothing- else, he becomes a teacher. Probably this was true, as teachers used to be the lowest paid, and commanded the least respect in society. But I fel this is a wrong attitude, and the cream of the lot should be selected to follow the teaching profession, and be paid in level with other professions. I would always say the teacher's profession is the noblest and most respectable profession. A good Guru will always be remembered by his students till the last breath goes out of one's body, irrespective of caste, creed or religion.

Though I have never been a teacher myself, my Father was a very highly respected teacher. And even today when one of his old students happens to meet and recognise me, he treats me more deferentially thanotherwise: Something of the reverence for their teacher rubs off on me! Such is the greatness of good teachers. Regards,