IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Divya Desams of Kerala

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna Guruvayurappa ! Nice information.Actually Adi Sankaracharya established Panchopasana - 5 types of deities to be worshipped: Soorya, Vishnu, Siva, Devi & Ganapati. (Learned members, please feel free to correct if I have gone wrong!) I had the good fortune to visit 11 of the 12 Vaishnava Divya Desam temples. Thirunavaya is really a great temple. If I remember correct, we were told that the devas led by Indra arrive at midnight to offer several prayers - we were shown an impression supposedly made by Airavata's tusk on the wall of the temple. Also, unlike many temples, there is a back door to the sanctum sanctorum here. And there are temples nearby for Brahma & Siva. Truly, this is a place for the Trimoorthis. The place is made more beautiful by the bharathapuzha flowing adjacent to the temple. The deity of Nava Mukundan is said to be installed by the Nava yogindras. There is also a reference that tells us that the incident of

Gajendra Moksha is connected to this temple. "Legend has it that Lakshmi and Gajendra the king of elephants worshipped Vishnu here with lotus flowers from a lake; with two devotees using flowers from the same source, supply dwindled, and Gajendra appealed to Vishnu, who took Lakshmi by his side on the same throne and accepted worship offered by Gajendra."A visit to Thirunavaya can be embellished further by visiting the famous Alathiyur Hanumankaavu -which in reality is a temple for Lord Rama with a small but powerful deity of Hanuman. The pothi avil prasadam (special prasadam) of this temple is exquisite and you will not find such a taste anywhere else !!!Unfortunately I could not visit Thirumittacode (near Pattambi) - though my brother amply compensated for that, by himself visiting and taking a few snaps. He told me that there are 5 deities

of Lord Vishnu in that temple, established by the 5 Pandava brothers! and the deity established by Bhima is the biggest of the 5 !Bharathapuzha flows near this temple, making this a beautiful place - according to my brother. Visiting this temple, though is not very easy - he had to change buses, then take a jeep into the interior areas - and then walk some distance to reach the temple. The temple closes by 9AM itself, which makes it even more difficult for people to reach! Better hire a vehicle (car / jeep) if you want to go there! (It is not easy to club this with any other temple visit also!)I changed the subject line of this mail to avoid confusion.-sriram=====krishna kumar <krishnakumartcr wrote: ********************************************************Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya*****************************************************************************As u know there is a lot of temples in indiavaishnavas/saivas etc6 types of mooethis/gods/dieties we can find there.1.Vishnu2.Siva3.Ganapathi4.Devi(Amman)5.Subramanyan6.Sooryan(SuryaNarayanan) In these most famous are known as divyadesomsThere are 108 each in all over india Vaishnava and Saiva divyadesoms known as Thirupathi's In our Small Kerala we have 12 Vaishnavadivydesam's and only one Saiva divya desom.The Saivadivyasthalam is Thiruvanchikulam

Mahadeva Kshethram, Near Kodungallur temple, Thrissur Vaishnava Divyadesom******************From South to north------------------------1. Thiruvattar (Adi Kesava Perumal)2.Thiruvananthapuram ( Harilakshmee Sametha Padmanabha Swami)3.Aranmula (Parthasarathy)4.Thiruvalla (Sree Vallabhar)5.Thiruvandoor (Narayanan)6.Thrikodithanam(Narayanan)7.Chengannur- Thiruchengandrur (Narayanan)8.Puliyur-Kuttanadu (Narayanan)9.Thrikkakkara-Ernakulam ( Thrivikraman, Vamana Moorthy)10.Moozhikulam -Near Ernakulam (Narayanan, Lakshmana Perumal)11.Thirunavai (Narayanan, Navamukundan)12.Thirumittakode- Pattambi (Vithuvakottunathan, Narayanan) The speciality of Thirunavai is that this is the only temple where separate sreekovil for the 'Thayar'- Mahalakshmi-.Another one has no separate sreekovil for devi. These temples are very importanat. We should take

care about these tamples, these temples are famous because the "Alwars" 'Mangalasasanam' about these temples. Sir, plz chk the grammer and details because am not that much educated person may b some mistakes is there, plz Sree Seetha Ramo Vijayathe Sada Narayana Narayana Narayana Regards and Thanks Krishnakumar

Dear Sri. Sriram,

I saw your article in these columns. It was nice. However, shall I correct you by saying that Adi Shankara believed only in ONE GOD Theory. However, he has written many Sthothras on GANAPATHI, DEVI, LORD SHIVA, LORD VISHNU Etc. It is indented for people like us to have any UPASANA MURTHY but to believe only in ONE GOD. In fact, if you go through the essence of his ADVAIDA SIDDANTHA, you can find similarities with that of BUDDHIST Theory. BUDDHISM was spreading all over India and Hinduism was declining. It is he who brought back the glory of HINDUISM. " SHIVAYA VISHNU ROOPAYA " is the essence

I am an AYYAPPA BHAKTHA. I have gone to SABARI MALAI more than 24 times. Only now for the past one and a half years I am not going to SABARIMALAI due to old age. Why I say this, is not to mistake me in what I am writing now. If you look at the deity at the temple you can find similarities with that of GOUTHAMA BUDDHA. According to our STHALA PURANA, PANDALA MAHARAJA and ADISHANKARA went to the place and performed Pooja placing a small Shila or Idol made of stone. , which is replaced now since it was broken by some miscreants. In fact the CHINMUDRA and other postures of LORD AYYAPPA is almost identical to that of Gauthama Buddha. I doubt whether this is a part of revival of Hinduism. BUDDHISM had spread to South India .Kindly give a thought to this theory. You can see this at SRI LANKA were the majority people are Buddhists.

ADI SHANKARA never said to believe in many GODS. EKO DEVA is his theory. It was meant to revive HINDUISM. Some SHAIVITES and VASHNAVITES differred from him and started VEERA SHAVITES and VEERA VAISHNAVITES. I remember an incidence which happened when I was a child. First let me say that I am an IYER . This happened in Calicut ( KOZHIKODE) . We had an Iyengar family as our neighbour. We used to go to their home and they used to come to our home. In fact we were like persons from the same family. However, my Grand mother never used to sip a drop of water from their house . Similarly their grand mother also never used to take even water from our house although we , children used to eat from both houses. .This was , later I came to know that they were VAISHNAVITES and we were SHAIVITES. How do you like this incidence.

Once again I say " " EKO DEVA SARVA BHOOTHESHU GOODA SARVA VYAAPEE SARVA BOOTHAANDARAATHMA, KARMAADYAKSHA SARVA BOOTHESHU VAASA SAAKSHEE CHETHO KEVALO NIRGUNASCHA " . This is the definition of GOD.

" OM NAMO BHAGAVATHE VAASUDEVAYA, OM VISVASMAI NAMAH, OM NAMO NARAYANAYA. "

P.R.RADHAKRISHNAN

On 22/10/2007, SRIRAM SUBRAMANIAN <abheri wrote:

Hare Krishna Guruvayurappa ! Nice information.Actually Adi Sankaracharya established Panchopasana - 5 types of deities to be worshipped: Soorya, Vishnu, Siva, Devi & Ganapati. (Learned members, please feel free to correct if I have gone wrong!)

I had the good fortune to visit 11 of the 12 Vaishnava Divya Desam temples. Thirunavaya is really a great temple. If I remember correct, we were told that the devas led by Indra arrive at midnight to offer several prayers - we were shown an impression supposedly made by Airavata's tusk on the wall of the temple. Also, unlike many temples, there is a back door to the sanctum sanctorum here. And there are temples nearby for Brahma & Siva. Truly, this is a place for the Trimoorthis. The place is made more beautiful by the bharathapuzha flowing adjacent to the temple. The deity of Nava Mukundan is said to be installed by the Nava yogindras. There is also a reference that tells us that the incident of Gajendra Moksha is connected to this temple. " Legend has it that Lakshmi and Gajendra the king of elephants worshipped Vishnu here with lotus flowers from a lake; with two devotees using flowers from the same source, supply dwindled, and Gajendra appealed to Vishnu, who took Lakshmi by his side on the same throne and accepted worship offered by Gajendra. "

A visit to Thirunavaya can be embellished further by visiting the famous Alathiyur Hanumankaavu -which in reality is a temple for Lord Rama with a small but powerful deity of Hanuman. The pothi avil prasadam (special prasadam) of this temple is exquisite and you will not find such a taste anywhere else !!!

Unfortunately I could not visit Thirumittacode (near Pattambi) - though my brother amply compensated for that, by himself visiting and taking a few snaps. He told me that there are 5 deities of Lord Vishnu in that temple, established by the 5 Pandava brothers! and the deity established by Bhima is the biggest of the 5 !

Bharathapuzha flows near this temple, making this a beautiful place - according to my brother. Visiting this temple, though is not very easy - he had to change buses, then take a jeep into the interior areas - and then walk some distance to reach the temple. The temple closes by 9AM itself, which makes it even more difficult for people to reach! Better hire a vehicle (car / jeep) if you want to go there! (It is not easy to club this with any other temple visit also!)

I changed the subject line of this mail to avoid confusion.-sriram=====krishna kumar <krishnakumartcr@

.co.in> wrote:

********************************************************Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya*****************************************************************************As u know there is a lot of temples in india

vaishnavas/saivas etc6 types of mooethis/gods/dieties we can find there.1.Vishnu2.Siva3.Ganapathi4.Devi(Amman)5.Subramanyan6.Sooryan(SuryaNarayanan)

In these most famous are known as divyadesomsThere are 108 each in all over india

Vaishnava and Saiva divyadesoms known as Thirupathi's

In our Small Kerala we have 12 Vaishnavadivydesam's and only one Saiva divya desom.The Saivadivyasthalam is Thiruvanchikulam Mahadeva Kshethram, Near Kodungallur temple, Thrissur

Vaishnava Divyadesom******************From South to north------------------------1. Thiruvattar (Adi Kesava Perumal)2.Thiruvananthapuram ( Harilakshmee Sametha Padmanabha Swami)3.Aranmula (Parthasarathy)

4.Thiruvalla (Sree Vallabhar)5.Thiruvandoor (Narayanan)6.Thrikodithanam(Narayanan)7.Chengannur- Thiruchengandrur (Narayanan)8.Puliyur-Kuttanadu (Narayanan)9.Thrikkakkara-Ernakulam ( Thrivikraman, Vamana Moorthy)

10.Moozhikulam -Near Ernakulam (Narayanan, Lakshmana Perumal)11.Thirunavai (Narayanan, Navamukundan)12.Thirumittakode- Pattambi (Vithuvakottunathan, Narayanan)

The speciality of Thirunavai is that this is the only temple where separate sreekovil for the 'Thayar'- Mahalakshmi-.Another one has no separate sreekovil for devi.

These temples are very importanat. We should take care about these tamples, these temples are famous because the " Alwars " 'Mangalasasanam' about these temples.

Sir, plz chk the grammer and details because am not that much educated person may b some mistakes is there, plz

Sree Seetha Ramo Vijayathe Sada

Narayana Narayana Narayana

Regards and Thanks

Krishnakumar

-- Rrpallassana

Hare Krishna Guruvayurappa !!Dear Sri Radhakrishnanji, Thanks for your appreciation of my article. You will observe that I have not contradicted your statement (about Sankaracharya's beliefs) anywhere in my original mail. The information about Sabarimala Ayyappan and the connection to Buddhism is interesting. I heard about it earlier too. In fact, Sankaracharya's philosophy of mayavada is sometimes considered as "Veiled Buddhism" (pracchanna bauddha).Here is a quote regarding Sankaracharya popularizing Panchayatana.

''One of the very first tasks of Sankara was to promote religious harmony among the Hindus. As we saw earlier, he sought to unite them on the basis of the principle of unity which is Advaita. Well may Hinduism consist of several cults but there should be no conflict among them, nor exclusive claims to truth and holiness. It was because he

sought to purify and consolidate the six major Hindu cults that he is called shanmata-sthapakacharya (the establisher of the six faiths, viz. Saiva, Vaishnava, Sakta, Saura, Ganapatya and Kaumara). One of the concrete ways in which Sankara promoted the spirit of harmony among the various cults was by popularizing the Panchayatana form of worship. According to this mode, the representations of five deities – Aditya, Ambika, Vishnu, Gananatha, and Mahesvara-are together worshipped, the principal seat being offered to that one of the five that is the chosen deity (ishta-devata) of the devotee. According to the Markandeya-Samhita Sankara told his disciples that the followers of Advaita should perform the panchayatana worship. '' [uNQUOTE]-sriram=========================================="P.R. RADHAKRISHNAN"

<pallassanas wrote: Dear Sri. Sriram, I saw your article in these columns. It was nice. However, shall I correct you by saying that Adi Shankara believed only in ONE GOD Theory. However, he has written many Sthothras on GANAPATHI, DEVI, LORD SHIVA, LORD VISHNU Etc. It is indented for people like us to have any UPASANA MURTHY but to believe only in ONE GOD. In fact, if you go through the essence of his ADVAIDA SIDDANTHA, you can find similarities with that of BUDDHIST Theory. BUDDHISM was

spreading all over India and Hinduism was declining. It is he who brought back the glory of HINDUISM. " SHIVAYA VISHNU ROOPAYA " is the essence I am an AYYAPPA BHAKTHA. I have gone to SABARI MALAI more than 24 times. Only now for the past one and a half years I am not going to SABARIMALAI due to old age. Why I say this, is not to mistake me in what I am writing now. If you look at the deity at the temple you can find similarities with that of GOUTHAMA BUDDHA. According to our STHALA PURANA, PANDALA MAHARAJA and ADISHANKARA went to the place and performed Pooja placing a small Shila or Idol made of stone. , which is replaced now since it was broken by some miscreants. In fact the CHINMUDRA and other postures of LORD AYYAPPA is almost identical to that of Gauthama Buddha. I doubt whether this is a part of revival of Hinduism. BUDDHISM had spread to South

India .Kindly give a thought to this theory. You can see this at SRI LANKA were the majority people are Buddhists. ADI SHANKARA never said to believe in many GODS. EKO DEVA is his theory. It was meant to revive HINDUISM. Some SHAIVITES and VASHNAVITES differred from him and started VEERA SHAVITES and VEERA VAISHNAVITES. I remember an incidence which happened when I was a child. First let me say that I am an IYER . This happened in Calicut ( KOZHIKODE) . We had an Iyengar family as our neighbour. We used to go to their home and they used to come to our home. In fact we were like persons from the same family. However, my Grand mother never used to sip a drop of water from their house . Similarly their grand mother also never used to take even water from our house although we , children used to eat from both houses. .This was , later I came to know that they were VAISHNAVITES and we were

SHAIVITES. How do you like this incidence. Once again I say ""EKO DEVA SARVA BHOOTHESHU GOODA SARVA VYAAPEE SARVA BOOTHAANDARAATHMA, KARMAADYAKSHA SARVA BOOTHESHU VAASA SAAKSHEE CHETHO KEVALO NIRGUNASCHA " . This is the definition of GOD. "OM NAMO BHAGAVATHE VAASUDEVAYA, OM VISVASMAI NAMAH, OM NAMO NARAYANAYA. " P.R.RADHAKRISHNAN On 22/10/2007, SRIRAM SUBRAMANIAN <abheri > wrote: Hare Krishna Guruvayurappa ! Nice information.Actually Adi Sankaracharya established

Panchopasana - 5 types of deities to be worshipped: Soorya, Vishnu, Siva, Devi & Ganapati. (Learned members, please feel free to correct if I have gone wrong!) I had the good fortune to visit 11 of the 12 Vaishnava Divya Desam temples. Thirunavaya is really a great temple. If I remember correct, we were told that the devas led by Indra arrive at midnight to offer several prayers - we were shown an impression supposedly made by Airavata's tusk on the wall of the temple. Also, unlike many temples, there is a back door to the sanctum sanctorum here. And there are temples nearby for Brahma & Siva. Truly, this is a place for the Trimoorthis. The place is made more beautiful by the bharathapuzha flowing adjacent to the temple. The deity of Nava Mukundan is said to be installed by the Nava yogindras. There is also a reference that tells us that the incident of Gajendra Moksha is connected to this temple. "Legend has it that Lakshmi and Gajendra the king of elephants worshipped Vishnu here with lotus flowers from a lake; with two devotees using flowers from the same source, supply dwindled, and Gajendra appealed to Vishnu, who took Lakshmi by his side on the same throne and accepted worship offered by Gajendra." A visit to Thirunavaya can be embellished further by visiting the famous Alathiyur Hanumankaavu -which in reality is a temple for Lord Rama with a small but powerful deity of Hanuman. The pothi avil prasadam (special prasadam) of this temple is exquisite and you will not find such a taste anywhere else !!! Unfortunately I could not visit Thirumittacode (near Pattambi) - though my brother amply compensated for that, by himself visiting and taking a few snaps. He told me that there are 5 deities of Lord Vishnu in that temple, established by the 5 Pandava brothers! and the deity established by

Bhima is the biggest of the 5 ! Bharathapuzha flows near this temple, making this a beautiful place - according to my brother. Visiting this temple, though is not very easy - he had to change buses, then take a jeep into the interior areas - and then walk some distance to reach the temple. The temple closes by 9AM itself, which makes it even more difficult for people to reach! Better hire a vehicle (car / jeep) if you want to go there! (It is not easy to club this with any other temple visit also!) I changed the subject line of this mail to avoid confusion.-sriram=====krishna kumar <krishnakumartcr@ .co.in> wrote: ********************************************************Om Namo Bhagavathe

Vasudevaya*****************************************************************************As u know there is a lot of temples in india vaishnavas/saivas etc6 types of mooethis/gods/dieties we can find there.1.Vishnu2.Siva3.Ganapathi4.Devi(Amman)5.Subramanyan6.Sooryan(SuryaNarayanan) In these most famous are known as divyadesomsThere are 108 each in all over india Vaishnava and Saiva divyadesoms known as Thirupathi's In our Small Kerala we have 12 Vaishnavadivydesam's and only one Saiva divya desom.The Saivadivyasthalam is Thiruvanchikulam Mahadeva Kshethram, Near Kodungallur temple, Thrissur Vaishnava Divyadesom******************From South to north------------------------1. Thiruvattar (Adi Kesava Perumal)2.Thiruvananthapuram ( Harilakshmee Sametha Padmanabha Swami)3.Aranmula

(Parthasarathy) 4.Thiruvalla (Sree Vallabhar)5.Thiruvandoor (Narayanan)6.Thrikodithanam(Narayanan)7.Chengannur- Thiruchengandrur (Narayanan)8.Puliyur-Kuttanadu (Narayanan)9.Thrikkakkara-Ernakulam ( Thrivikraman, Vamana Moorthy) 10.Moozhikulam -Near Ernakulam (Narayanan, Lakshmana Perumal)11.Thirunavai (Narayanan, Navamukundan)12.Thirumittakode- Pattambi (Vithuvakottunathan, Narayanan) The speciality of Thirunavai is that this is the only temple where separate sreekovil for the 'Thayar'- Mahalakshmi-.Another one has no separate sreekovil for devi. These temples are very importanat. We should take care about these tamples, these temples are famous because the "Alwars" 'Mangalasasanam' about these temples. Sir, plz chk the grammer and details because am not that much educated person may b some mistakes is there, plz Sree Seetha Ramo

Vijayathe Sada Narayana Narayana Narayana Regards and Thanks Krishnakumar -- Rrpallassana

Dear Sriram,

Now you are very clear in your earlier statement. Let us believe in one GOD who is supreme in all respects. We may perform poojas to different deities but as PAAKANAR SAID we may not find water. The Story is that once PAAKANAR ( PARACHCHI PETTA PANTHEERU KULAM ) went to see his Brahmin brother.

He was told by the Wife of the brahmin that the elder brother was performing Pooja to Ganapathi. Paakanar sat out side and started digging a well. After some times he again went and asked his brother's wife that he wanted to see his brother for which she replied that he was performing SIVA POOJA. Again he started gigging another well and after some times went and asked his sister-in-law about his brother. She replied that he was performing pooja to LORD MAHA VISHNU.

Like this Paakanar dug 7 wells and then he could see his brother coming out after POOJA. After enquiring about each others welfare, PAAKKANAR told his brother that he dug 7 wells while his brother was performing pooja to different deities but could not find water in any of the well implying that if he could have dug a well he could have got water. This might be a story but it teaches us a very good lesson.

Best wishes and warm regards,

" OM NAMO BHAGAVATHE VASUDEVAYA, OM VISWASMAI NAMAH:, OM NAMO NARAYANAYA "

P.R.RADHAKRISHNAN

On 22/10/2007, SRIRAM SUBRAMANIAN <abheri wrote:

Hare Krishna Guruvayurappa !!Dear Sri Radhakrishnanji, Thanks for your appreciation of my article. You will observe that I have not contradicted your statement (about Sankaracharya's beliefs) anywhere in my original mail. The information about Sabarimala Ayyappan and the connection to Buddhism is interesting. I heard about it earlier too.In fact, Sankaracharya's philosophy of mayavada is sometimes considered as " Veiled Buddhism " (pracchanna bauddha).

Here is a quote regarding Sankaracharya popularizing Panchayatana.

''One of the very first tasks of Sankara was to promote religious harmony among the Hindus. As we saw earlier, he sought to unite them on the basis of the principle of unity which is Advaita. Well may Hinduism consist of several cults but there should be no conflict among them, nor exclusive claims to truth and holiness. It was because he sought to purify and consolidate the six major Hindu cults that he is called shanmata-sthapakacharya (the establisher of the six faiths, viz. Saiva, Vaishnava, Sakta, Saura, Ganapatya and Kaumara). One of the concrete ways in which Sankara promoted the spirit of harmony among the various cults was by popularizing the Panchayatana form of worship. According to this mode, the representations of five deities – Aditya, Ambika, Vishnu, Gananatha, and Mahesvara-are

together worshipped, the principal seat being offered to that one of the five that is the chosen deity (ishta-devata) of the devotee. According to the Markandeya-Samhita Sankara told his disciples that the followers of Advaita should perform the panchayatana worship. '' [uNQUOTE]-sriram========================================== " P.R. RADHAKRISHNAN " <pallassanas

> wrote:

Dear Sri. Sriram,

I saw your article in these columns. It was nice. However, shall I correct you by saying that Adi Shankara believed only in ONE GOD Theory. However, he has written many Sthothras on GANAPATHI, DEVI, LORD SHIVA, LORD VISHNU Etc. It is indented for people like us to have any UPASANA MURTHY but to believe only in ONE GOD. In fact, if you go through the essence of his ADVAIDA SIDDANTHA, you can find similarities with that of BUDDHIST Theory. BUDDHISM was spreading all over India and Hinduism was declining. It is he who brought back the glory of HINDUISM. " SHIVAYA VISHNU ROOPAYA " is the essence

I am an AYYAPPA BHAKTHA. I have gone to SABARI MALAI more than 24 times. Only now for the past one and a half years I am not going to SABARIMALAI due to old age. Why I say this, is not to mistake me in what I am writing now. If you look at the deity at the temple you can find similarities with that of GOUTHAMA BUDDHA. According to our STHALA PURANA, PANDALA MAHARAJA and ADISHANKARA went to the place and performed Pooja placing a small Shila or Idol made of stone. , which is replaced now since it was broken by some miscreants. In fact the CHINMUDRA and other postures of LORD AYYAPPA is almost identical to that of Gauthama Buddha. I doubt whether this is a part of revival of Hinduism. BUDDHISM had spread to South India .Kindly give a thought to this theory. You can see this at SRI LANKA were the majority people are Buddhists.

ADI SHANKARA never said to believe in many GODS. EKO DEVA is his theory. It was meant to revive HINDUISM. Some SHAIVITES and VASHNAVITES differred from him and started VEERA SHAVITES and VEERA VAISHNAVITES. I remember an incidence which happened when I was a child. First let me say that I am an IYER . This happened in Calicut ( KOZHIKODE) . We had an Iyengar family as our neighbour. We used to go to their home and they used to come to our home. In fact we were like persons from the same family. However, my Grand mother never used to sip a drop of water from their house . Similarly their grand mother also never used to take even water from our house although we , children used to eat from both houses. .This was , later I came to know that they were VAISHNAVITES and we were SHAIVITES. How do you like this incidence.

Once again I say " " EKO DEVA SARVA BHOOTHESHU GOODA SARVA VYAAPEE SARVA BOOTHAANDARAATHMA, KARMAADYAKSHA SARVA BOOTHESHU VAASA SAAKSHEE CHETHO KEVALO NIRGUNASCHA " . This is the definition of GOD.

" OM NAMO BHAGAVATHE VAASUDEVAYA, OM VISVASMAI NAMAH, OM NAMO NARAYANAYA. "

P.R.RADHAKRISHNAN

On 22/10/2007, SRIRAM SUBRAMANIAN <abheri

> wrote:

Hare Krishna Guruvayurappa ! Nice information.Actually Adi Sankaracharya established Panchopasana - 5 types of deities to be worshipped: Soorya, Vishnu, Siva, Devi & Ganapati. (Learned members, please feel free to correct if I have gone wrong!) I had the good fortune to visit 11 of the 12 Vaishnava Divya Desam temples. Thirunavaya is really a great temple. If I remember correct, we were told that the devas led by Indra arrive at midnight to offer several prayers - we were shown an impression supposedly made by Airavata's tusk on the wall of the temple. Also, unlike many temples, there is a back door to the sanctum sanctorum here. And there are temples nearby for Brahma & Siva. Truly, this is a place for the Trimoorthis. The place is made more beautiful by the bharathapuzha flowing adjacent to the temple. The deity of Nava Mukundan is said to be installed by the Nava yogindras. There is also a reference that tells us that the incident of Gajendra Moksha is connected to this temple. " Legend has it that Lakshmi and Gajendra the king of elephants worshipped Vishnu here with lotus flowers from a lake; with two devotees using flowers from the same source, supply dwindled, and Gajendra appealed to Vishnu, who took Lakshmi by his side on the same throne and accepted worship offered by Gajendra. " A visit to Thirunavaya can be embellished further by visiting the famous Alathiyur Hanumankaavu -which in reality is a temple for Lord Rama with a small but powerful deity of Hanuman. The pothi avil prasadam (special prasadam) of this temple is exquisite and you will not find such a taste anywhere else !!! Unfortunately I could not visit Thirumittacode (near Pattambi) - though my brother amply compensated for that, by himself visiting and taking a few snaps. He told me that there are 5 deities of Lord Vishnu in that temple, established by the 5 Pandava brothers! and the deity established by Bhima is the biggest of the 5 ! Bharathapuzha flows near this temple, making this a beautiful place - according to my brother. Visiting this temple, though is not very easy - he had to change buses, then take a jeep into the interior areas - and then walk some distance to reach the temple. The temple closes by 9AM itself, which makes it even more difficult for people to reach! Better hire a vehicle (car / jeep) if you want to go there! (It is not easy to club this with any other temple visit also!) I changed the subject line of this mail to avoid confusion.-sriram=====krishna kumar <krishnakumartcr@

.co.in> wrote:

********************************************************Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya*****************************************************************************As u know there is a lot of temples in india vaishnavas/saivas etc6 types of mooethis/gods/dieties we can find there.1.Vishnu2.Siva3.Ganapathi4.Devi(Amman)5.Subramanyan6.Sooryan(SuryaNarayanan)

In these most famous are known as divyadesomsThere are 108 each in all over india

Vaishnava and Saiva divyadesoms known as Thirupathi's

In our Small Kerala we have 12 Vaishnavadivydesam's and only one Saiva divya desom.The Saivadivyasthalam is Thiruvanchikulam Mahadeva Kshethram, Near Kodungallur temple, Thrissur

Vaishnava Divyadesom******************From South to north------------------------1. Thiruvattar (Adi Kesava Perumal)2.Thiruvananthapuram ( Harilakshmee Sametha Padmanabha Swami)3.Aranmula (Parthasarathy) 4.Thiruvalla (Sree Vallabhar)5.Thiruvandoor (Narayanan)6.Thrikodithanam(Narayanan)7.Chengannur- Thiruchengandrur (Narayanan)8.Puliyur-Kuttanadu (Narayanan)9.Thrikkakkara-Ernakulam ( Thrivikraman, Vamana Moorthy) 10.Moozhikulam -Near Ernakulam (Narayanan, Lakshmana Perumal)11.Thirunavai (Narayanan, Navamukundan)12.Thirumittakode- Pattambi (Vithuvakottunathan, Narayanan)

The speciality of Thirunavai is that this is the only temple where separate sreekovil for the 'Thayar'- Mahalakshmi-.Another one has no separate sreekovil for devi.

These temples are very importanat. We should take care about these tamples, these temples are famous because the " Alwars " 'Mangalasasanam' about these temples.

Sir, plz chk the grammer and details because am not that much educated person may b some mistakes is there, plz

Sree Seetha Ramo Vijayathe Sada

Narayana Narayana Narayana

Regards and Thanks

Krishnakumar

-- Rrpallassana

-- Rrpallassana

I agree with Radhakrishnan that digging in different wells not deep enough to get water is futile.There are many gods in Hinduism which is not against the concept of one God. The scritures and puranas etc speak of many gods not because they are different biut because they are all different manifestations of one supreme being, call Him Brahman, Siva, Narayana , or evenAllah or God . It is like this. You have different photos of your father or mother in different costumes but there will be one which you are fond of and will hang it in your room and see it everytime you think of them. This is similar to that.You can choose whatever form appeals to you and God will appear to you in that form . After all He is the creator of the whole universe. Is it impossible for Him to appear in the form you want to see him? Sankara himself made Lord Narayan appear to his mother in her last moments because she wished to see only Narayana.. So worshipping in any form is definitely

not against advaita because human mind needs a concrete entity to concentrate and it is not possible to meditate on the nirguna brahman in the state of embodiment until you reach the state of enlightenment. Regarding the practice of orthodox vaishnavites or saivites not to partake of any food from the house of the other, it is sheer belief that sin will accrue to those who eat any thing not offered to their own deity. Actually very orthodox people will not eat anything at all from any one and cook their own food even when they are travelling. It is because they think that nothing should be eaten without worshipping God and offering it to Him. I cannot say whether it is right or wrong because notion of right and wrong depends on the mind and to do anything which you feel guilty about is sin. Moreover devotees are of different mental calibre and not always the bhakthi is coupled with jnana.For instance I am a

staunch vaishnavite but I believe that it is a matter solely between me and the Lord and I cannot thrust my belief on others. to be a true Vaishnavite, as Narsi Mehtha has said in the famous lyric 'Vaishnavajanatho,' one should not cause injury to others through body, word and deed and one should feel for others and help others. In bhagavatham the Lord says that the one who worships Him with all the paraphernalia but do not care for other human beings does not please Him by his worship. He also says elsewhere in the same Bhagavatham that one who sees dofference between Him and Siva do not know anything because they are one. Here Siva means all forms of God. But the point to be remembered is that you should seek the particular form which inspires you with utmost devotion and stick to it. You may waver before making your choice but once he choice is made you should not oscillate betqween different forms of God which is like digging for

the well in different places instead of digging deep in one place. Ther is a story told by the great devotee and Upanyasaka, Sri Mukkur Lakshminarasimhachariar. It seems that one man was doing puja to aparticulr deity and praying for the fulfilment of his wishes. After sometime he got dissappointed and threw away the deity he was worshipping for many years and took another new one. Even then his wishes were not fulfilled and he asked the deity why he was not granting his wish. The deity replied, "You have thrown away the deity whom you were worshiipping so long and what is the guarantee that you will not do the sam with me who has been with you for a short time?" But it it not wrong to do puja to different forms at all if you havthe knowledge that all are the forms of same supreme being.The difficulty arises only when you think they are different and do puja to all fearing the displeasure

of the others if you worship only one or only few. Ihope I have expressed my view fully and if there is any further clarification I will be glad to discuss the subject. Dr. Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit. Please visit www.freewebs.com/sarojaramanujam www.freewebs.com/asrama3

• 2 weeks later...

I had the luck of visiting Thirumithathode twice. It

is such a beautiful temple. As you said, there are 5

deities and the sanctum sancotrum of deity installed

by Arjuna is inside the one installed by Yudishthira.

It is a real experience going there - so serene and

peaceful. Very near to this temple - 5 minutes walk

through the paddy field, you will reach Njajathry (I

dont know how to write it in english) Bhagavathy

temple - another beautiful temple - considered to be

one among 108 bhagavathy temples - the deity is

believed to be installed by Panchali. Beautiful

places.

Jai Sree Krishna

Seema

--- SRIRAM SUBRAMANIAN <abheri wrote:

> Hare Krishna Guruvayurappa !

> Nice information.

> Actually Adi Sankaracharya established Panchopasana

> - 5 types of deities to be worshipped: Soorya,

> Vishnu, Siva, Devi & Ganapati. (Learned members,

> please feel free to correct if I have gone wrong!)

>

> I had the good fortune to visit 11 of the 12

> Vaishnava Divya Desam temples. Thirunavaya is really

> a great temple. If I remember correct, we were told

> that the devas led by Indra arrive at midnight to

> offer several prayers - we were shown an impression

> supposedly made by Airavata's tusk on the wall of

> the temple. Also, unlike many temples, there is a

> back door to the sanctum sanctorum here. And there

> are temples nearby for Brahma & Siva. Truly, this is

> a place for the Trimoorthis. The place is made more

> beautiful by the bharathapuzha flowing adjacent to

> the temple. The deity of Nava Mukundan is said to be

> installed by the Nava yogindras. There is also a

> reference that tells us that the incident of

> Gajendra Moksha is connected to this temple.

>

> " Legend has it that Lakshmi and Gajendra the king of

> elephants worshipped Vishnu here with lotus flowers

> from a lake; with two devotees using flowers from

> the same source, supply dwindled, and Gajendra

> appealed to Vishnu, who took Lakshmi by his side on

> the same throne and accepted worship offered by

> Gajendra. "

>

> A visit to Thirunavaya can be embellished further by

> visiting the famous Alathiyur Hanumankaavu -which in

> reality is a temple for Lord Rama with a small but

> powerful deity of Hanuman. The pothi avil prasadam

> (special prasadam) of this temple is exquisite and

> you will not find such a taste anywhere else !!!

>

> Unfortunately I could not visit Thirumittacode (near

> Pattambi) - though my brother amply compensated for

> that, by himself visiting and taking a few snaps. He

> told me that there are 5 deities of Lord Vishnu in

> that temple, established by the 5 Pandava brothers!

> and the deity established by Bhima is the biggest of

> the 5 !

> Bharathapuzha flows near this temple, making this a

> beautiful place - according to my brother. Visiting

> this temple, though is not very easy - he had to

> change buses, then take a jeep into the interior

> areas - and then walk some distance to reach the

> temple. The temple closes by 9AM itself, which makes

> it even more difficult for people to reach! Better

> hire a vehicle (car / jeep) if you want to go there!

> (It is not easy to club this with any other temple

> visit also!)

>

> I changed the subject line of this mail to avoid

> confusion.

>

> -sriram

> =====

>

> krishna kumar <krishnakumartcr wrote:

>

>

> Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya

>

> As u know there is a lot of temples in india

> vaishnavas/saivas etc

> 6 types of mooethis/gods/dieties we can find there.

> 1.Vishnu

> 2.Siva

> 3.Ganapathi

> 4.Devi(Amman)

> 5.Subramanyan

> 6.Sooryan(SuryaNarayanan)

> In these most famous are known as divyadesoms

> There are 108 each in all over india

> Vaishnava and Saiva divyadesoms known as

> Thirupathi's

> In our Small Kerala we have 12

> Vaishnavadivydesam's and only one Saiva divya desom.

> The Saivadivyasthalam is Thiruvanchikulam Mahadeva

> Kshethram, Near Kodungallur

> temple, Thrissur

> Vaishnava Divyadesom

> ******************

> From South to north

> ------------------------

> 1. Thiruvattar (Adi Kesava Perumal)

> 2.Thiruvananthapuram ( Harilakshmee Sametha

> Padmanabha Swami)

> 3.Aranmula (Parthasarathy)

> 4.Thiruvalla (Sree Vallabhar)

> 5.Thiruvandoor (Narayanan)

> 6.Thrikodithanam(Narayanan)

> 7.Chengannur- Thiruchengandrur (Narayanan)

> 8.Puliyur-Kuttanadu (Narayanan)

> 9.Thrikkakkara-Ernakulam ( Thrivikraman, Vamana

> Moorthy)

> 10.Moozhikulam -Near Ernakulam (Narayanan, Lakshmana

> Perumal)

> 11.Thirunavai (Narayanan, Navamukundan)

> 12.Thirumittakode- Pattambi (Vithuvakottunathan,

> Narayanan)

> The speciality of Thirunavai is that this is the

> only temple where separate sreekovil for the

> 'Thayar'- Mahalakshmi-.Another one has no separate

> sreekovil for devi.

> These temples are very importanat. We should take

> care about these tamples, these temples are famous

> because the " Alwars " 'Mangalasasanam' about these

> temples.

>

> Sir, plz chk the grammer and details because am

> not that much educated person may b some mistakes is

> there, plz

>

> Sree Seetha Ramo Vijayathe Sada

>

> Narayana Narayana Narayana

>

> Regards and Thanks

>

> Krishnakumar

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Tired of spam? Mail has the best spam

> protection around

>

Hi Seema:Can you give me the exact location of this temple. What is the best route to reach the temple from Trichur?ThanksOn 11/1/07, Seema Ravindran

<seemawarrier wrote:

is such a beautiful temple. As you said, there are 5

deities and the sanctum sancotrum of deity installed

by Arjuna is inside the one installed by Yudishthira.

It is a real experience going there - so serene and

peaceful. Very near to this temple - 5 minutes walk

through the paddy field, you will reach Njajathry (I

dont know how to write it in english) Bhagavathy

temple - another beautiful temple - considered to be

one among 108 bhagavathy temples - the deity is

believed to be installed by Panchali. Beautiful

places.

Jai Sree Krishna

Seema

--- SRIRAM SUBRAMANIAN <abheri wrote:

> Nice information.

> Actually Adi Sankaracharya established Panchopasana

> - 5 types of deities to be worshipped: Soorya,

> Vishnu, Siva, Devi & Ganapati. (Learned members,

> please feel free to correct if I have gone wrong!)

>

> I had the good fortune to visit 11 of the 12

> Vaishnava Divya Desam temples. Thirunavaya is really

> a great temple. If I remember correct, we were told

> that the devas led by Indra arrive at midnight to

> offer several prayers - we were shown an impression

> supposedly made by Airavata's tusk on the wall of

> the temple. Also, unlike many temples, there is a

> back door to the sanctum sanctorum here. And there

> are temples nearby for Brahma & Siva. Truly, this is

> a place for the Trimoorthis. The place is made more

> beautiful by the bharathapuzha flowing adjacent to

> the temple. The deity of Nava Mukundan is said to be

> installed by the Nava yogindras. There is also a

> reference that tells us that the incident of

> Gajendra Moksha is connected to this temple.

>

> " Legend has it that Lakshmi and Gajendra the king of

> elephants worshipped Vishnu here with lotus flowers

> from a lake; with two devotees using flowers from

> the same source, supply dwindled, and Gajendra

> appealed to Vishnu, who took Lakshmi by his side on

> the same throne and accepted worship offered by

> Gajendra. "

>

> A visit to Thirunavaya can be embellished further by

> visiting the famous Alathiyur Hanumankaavu -which in

> reality is a temple for Lord Rama with a small but

> powerful deity of Hanuman. The pothi avil prasadam

> (special prasadam) of this temple is exquisite and

> you will not find such a taste anywhere else !!!

>

> Unfortunately I could not visit Thirumittacode (near

> Pattambi) - though my brother amply compensated for

> that, by himself visiting and taking a few snaps. He

> told me that there are 5 deities of Lord Vishnu in

> that temple, established by the 5 Pandava brothers!

> and the deity established by Bhima is the biggest of

> the 5 !

> Bharathapuzha flows near this temple, making this a

> beautiful place - according to my brother. Visiting

> this temple, though is not very easy - he had to

> change buses, then take a jeep into the interior

> areas - and then walk some distance to reach the

> temple. The temple closes by 9AM itself, which makes

> it even more difficult for people to reach! Better

> hire a vehicle (car / jeep) if you want to go there!

> (It is not easy to club this with any other temple

> visit also!)

>

> I changed the subject line of this mail to avoid

> confusion.

>

> -sriram

> =====

>

> krishna kumar <krishnakumartcr wrote:

>

>

> Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya

>

> As u know there is a lot of temples in india

> vaishnavas/saivas etc

> 6 types of mooethis/gods/dieties we can find there.

> 1.Vishnu

> 2.Siva

> 3.Ganapathi

> 4.Devi(Amman)

> 5.Subramanyan

> 6.Sooryan(SuryaNarayanan)

> In these most famous are known as divyadesoms

> There are 108 each in all over india

> Vaishnava and Saiva divyadesoms known as

> Thirupathi's

> In our Small Kerala we have 12

> Vaishnavadivydesam's and only one Saiva divya desom.

> The Saivadivyasthalam is Thiruvanchikulam Mahadeva

> Kshethram, Near Kodungallur

> temple, Thrissur

> Vaishnava Divyadesom

> ******************

> From South to north

> ------------------------

> 1. Thiruvattar (Adi Kesava Perumal)

> 2.Thiruvananthapuram ( Harilakshmee Sametha

> Padmanabha Swami)

> 3.Aranmula (Parthasarathy)

> 4.Thiruvalla (Sree Vallabhar)

> 5.Thiruvandoor (Narayanan)

> 6.Thrikodithanam(Narayanan)

> 7.Chengannur- Thiruchengandrur (Narayanan)

> 8.Puliyur-Kuttanadu (Narayanan)

> 9.Thrikkakkara-Ernakulam ( Thrivikraman, Vamana

> Moorthy)

> 10.Moozhikulam -Near Ernakulam (Narayanan, Lakshmana

> Perumal)

> 11.Thirunavai (Narayanan, Navamukundan)

> 12.Thirumittakode- Pattambi (Vithuvakottunathan,

> Narayanan)

> The speciality of Thirunavai is that this is the

> only temple where separate sreekovil for the

> 'Thayar'- Mahalakshmi-.Another one has no separate

> sreekovil for devi.

> These temples are very importanat. We should take

> care about these tamples, these temples are famous

> because the " Alwars " 'Mangalasasanam' about these

> temples.

>

> Sir, plz chk the grammer and details because am

> not that much educated person may b some mistakes is

> there, plz

>

> Sree Seetha Ramo Vijayathe Sada

>

> Narayana Narayana Narayana

>

> Regards and Thanks

>

> Krishnakumar

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Tired of spam? Mail has the best spam

> protection around

>

Hare Krishna Guruvayurappa ! I am also eager to know the route Seema took to reach Thirumittacode.As I already mentioned, my brother visited this temple some 5 years back. He took the following route:He got a direct bus from Patturaickal bus stop to Thirumittacode (between 0600-0630 AM) via Wadakkaanchery - the last stop was thirumittacode centre - from where he walked almost 1km to the temple. While returning, he walked back to the Thirumittacode Centre, took a jeep for some distance and then got a bus to Shoranur and from there another bus to Thrissur. Let me make some enquiries with some bus drivers before getting back to you on this topic any further.I also enquired with some people and got the following information as well:Take a bus going towards Pattambi and get down at Koottupaatha. From there, you will get jeep service going into the rural areas - get down at Thirumittacode centre. Take a walk to the temple. (Life is easier if you

go by private vehicle - car/qualis, rather than depending on public transport)(The temple is locally known as Anchu moorthy temple (as there are 5 deities installed here. This is the name the locals are more familiar with.)Let us wait for Seema's reply - for she has gone two times to this place !!-sriramEpics 07 <epics07 wrote: Hi Seema:Can you give me the exact location of this temple. What is the best route to reach the temple from Trichur?ThanksOn 11/1/07, Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier > wrote: I had the luck of visiting Thirumithathode twice. It is such a beautiful temple. As you said, there are 5 deities and the sanctum sancotrum of deity installed by Arjuna is inside the one installed by Yudishthira. It is a real experience going there - so serene and peaceful. Very near to this temple - 5 minutes walk through the paddy field, you will reach Njajathry (I dont know how to write it in english) Bhagavathy temple - another beautiful temple - considered to be one among 108 bhagavathy temples - the deity is believed to be installed by Panchali. Beautiful places. Jai Sree Krishna

Seema --- SRIRAM SUBRAMANIAN <abheri > wrote: > Hare Krishna Guruvayurappa ! > Nice information. > Actually Adi Sankaracharya established Panchopasana > - 5 types of deities to be worshipped: Soorya, > Vishnu, Siva, Devi & Ganapati. (Learned members, > please feel free to correct if I have gone wrong!) > > I had the good fortune to visit 11 of the 12 > Vaishnava Divya Desam temples. Thirunavaya is really > a great temple. If I remember correct, we were told > that the devas led by Indra arrive at midnight to > offer several prayers - we were shown an impression > supposedly made by Airavata's tusk on the wall of > the temple. Also, unlike many temples, there is a > back door to the sanctum sanctorum here. And there >

are temples nearby for Brahma & Siva. Truly, this is > a place for the Trimoorthis. The place is made more > beautiful by the bharathapuzha flowing adjacent to > the temple. The deity of Nava Mukundan is said to be > installed by the Nava yogindras. There is also a > reference that tells us that the incident of > Gajendra Moksha is connected to this temple. > > "Legend has it that Lakshmi and Gajendra the king of > elephants worshipped Vishnu here with lotus flowers > from a lake; with two devotees using flowers from > the same source, supply dwindled, and Gajendra > appealed to Vishnu, who took Lakshmi by his side on > the same throne and accepted worship offered by > Gajendra." > > A visit to Thirunavaya can be embellished further by > visiting the famous Alathiyur Hanumankaavu -which in > reality is a temple for Lord Rama with a small

but > powerful deity of Hanuman. The pothi avil prasadam > (special prasadam) of this temple is exquisite and > you will not find such a taste anywhere else !!! > > Unfortunately I could not visit Thirumittacode (near > Pattambi) - though my brother amply compensated for > that, by himself visiting and taking a few snaps. He > told me that there are 5 deities of Lord Vishnu in > that temple, established by the 5 Pandava brothers! > and the deity established by Bhima is the biggest of > the 5 ! > Bharathapuzha flows near this temple, making this a > beautiful place - according to my brother. Visiting > this temple, though is not very easy - he had to > change buses, then take a jeep into the interior > areas - and then walk some distance to reach the > temple. The temple closes by 9AM itself, which makes > it even more difficult for people to reach!

Better > hire a vehicle (car / jeep) if you want to go there! > (It is not easy to club this with any other temple > visit also!) > > I changed the subject line of this mail to avoid > confusion. > > -sriram > ===== > > krishna kumar <krishnakumartcr (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote: > > ******************************************************** > Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya > ***************************************************************************** > As u know there is a lot of temples in india > vaishnavas/saivas etc > 6 types of mooethis/gods/dieties we can find there. > 1.Vishnu > 2.Siva > 3.Ganapathi > 4.Devi(Amman) >

5.Subramanyan > 6.Sooryan(SuryaNarayanan) > In these most famous are known as divyadesoms > There are 108 each in all over india > Vaishnava and Saiva divyadesoms known as > Thirupathi's > In our Small Kerala we have 12 > Vaishnavadivydesam's and only one Saiva divya desom. > The Saivadivyasthalam is Thiruvanchikulam Mahadeva > Kshethram, Near Kodungallur > temple, Thrissur > Vaishnava Divyadesom > ****************** > From South to north > ------------------------ > 1. Thiruvattar (Adi Kesava Perumal) > 2.Thiruvananthapuram ( Harilakshmee Sametha > Padmanabha Swami) > 3.Aranmula (Parthasarathy) > 4.Thiruvalla (Sree Vallabhar) > 5.Thiruvandoor (Narayanan) > 6.Thrikodithanam(Narayanan) > 7.Chengannur- Thiruchengandrur (Narayanan) > 8.Puliyur-Kuttanadu (Narayanan) >

9.Thrikkakkara-Ernakulam ( Thrivikraman, Vamana > Moorthy) > 10.Moozhikulam -Near Ernakulam (Narayanan, Lakshmana > Perumal) > 11.Thirunavai (Narayanan, Navamukundan) > 12.Thirumittakode- Pattambi (Vithuvakottunathan, > Narayanan) > The speciality of Thirunavai is that this is the > only temple where separate sreekovil for the > 'Thayar'- Mahalakshmi-.Another one has no separate > sreekovil for devi. > These temples are very importanat. We should take > care about these tamples, these temples are famous > because the "Alwars" 'Mangalasasanam' about these > temples. > > Sir, plz chk the grammer and details because am > not that much educated person may b some mistakes is > there, plz > > Sree Seetha Ramo Vijayathe Sada > > Narayana Narayana Narayana > > Regards and

Thanks > > Krishnakumar > > > > > > > > Tired of spam? Mail has the best spam > protection around >

Dear All,

Good to read about all these temples and your personal travelogues.

Thirumittakkode and Njangattiry Bhagavthy temples are close by to

Pattambi town and very beautiful temples overlooking the serene Nila

nadhi (Bharata puzha - river)

Here is a location map from wikimapia.. look at the center of the map

to locate the temple.

http://wikimapia.org/#lat=10.783056 & lon=76.184363 & z=18 & l=0 & m=a & v=2

Reduce the size of the map using the plus/minus markers on the left to see

Pattambi town, Njangattiri temple on left. You can also press your left mouse

button and move the map by moving the mouse.

Om Namo Narayanaya:

Sunil

guruvayur , SRIRAM SUBRAMANIAN <abheri wrote:

>

> I am also eager to know the route Seema took to reach Thirumittacode.

>

> As I already mentioned, my brother visited this temple some 5 years

back. He took the following route:

> He got a direct bus from Patturaickal bus stop to Thirumittacode

(between 0600-0630 AM) via Wadakkaanchery - the last stop was

thirumittacode centre - from where he walked almost 1km to the temple.

While returning, he walked back to the Thirumittacode Centre, took a

jeep for some distance and then got a bus to Shoranur and from there

another bus to Thrissur. Let me make some enquiries with some bus

drivers before getting back to you on this topic any further.

>

> I also enquired with some people and got the following information

as well:

> Take a bus going towards Pattambi and get down at Koottupaatha. From

there, you will get jeep service going into the rural areas - get down

at Thirumittacode centre. Take a walk to the temple. (Life is easier

if you go by private vehicle - car/qualis, rather than depending on

public transport)

>

> (The temple is locally known as Anchu moorthy temple (as there are 5

deities installed here. This is the name the locals are more familiar

with.)

>

> Let us wait for Seema's reply - for she has gone two times to this

place !!

> -sriram

>

>

> Epics 07 <epics07 wrote: Hi Seema:

> Can you give me the exact location of this temple. What is the best

route to reach the temple from Trichur?

> Thanks

>

>

>

> On 11/1/07, Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier wrote:

> is such a beautiful temple. As you said, there are 5

> deities and the sanctum sancotrum of deity installed

> by Arjuna is inside the one installed by Yudishthira.

> It is a real experience going there - so serene and

> peaceful. Very near to this temple - 5 minutes walk

> through the paddy field, you will reach Njajathry (I

> dont know how to write it in english) Bhagavathy

> temple - another beautiful temple - considered to be

> one among 108 bhagavathy temples - the deity is

> believed to be installed by Panchali. Beautiful

> places.

> Jai Sree Krishna

> Seema

>

> --- SRIRAM SUBRAMANIAN <abheri wrote:

>

> > Hare Krishna Guruvayurappa !

> > Nice information.

> > Actually Adi Sankaracharya established Panchopasana

> > - 5 types of deities to be worshipped: Soorya,

> > Vishnu, Siva, Devi & Ganapati. (Learned members,

> > please feel free to correct if I have gone wrong!)

> >

> > I had the good fortune to visit 11 of the 12

> > Vaishnava Divya Desam temples. Thirunavaya is really

> > a great temple. If I remember correct, we were told

> > that the devas led by Indra arrive at midnight to

> > offer several prayers - we were shown an impression

> > supposedly made by Airavata's tusk on the wall of

> > the temple. Also, unlike many temples, there is a

> > back door to the sanctum sanctorum here. And there

> > are temples nearby for Brahma & Siva. Truly, this is

> > a place for the Trimoorthis. The place is made more

> > beautiful by the bharathapuzha flowing adjacent to

> > the temple. The deity of Nava Mukundan is said to be

> > installed by the Nava yogindras. There is also a

> > reference that tells us that the incident of

> > Gajendra Moksha is connected to this temple.

> >

> > " Legend has it that Lakshmi and Gajendra the king of

> > elephants worshipped Vishnu here with lotus flowers

> > from a lake; with two devotees using flowers from

> > the same source, supply dwindled, and Gajendra

> > appealed to Vishnu, who took Lakshmi by his side on

> > the same throne and accepted worship offered by

> > Gajendra. "

> >

> > A visit to Thirunavaya can be embellished further by

> > visiting the famous Alathiyur Hanumankaavu -which in

> > reality is a temple for Lord Rama with a small but

> > powerful deity of Hanuman. The pothi avil prasadam

> > (special prasadam) of this temple is exquisite and

> > you will not find such a taste anywhere else !!!

> >

> > Unfortunately I could not visit Thirumittacode (near

> > Pattambi) - though my brother amply compensated for

> > that, by himself visiting and taking a few snaps. He

> > told me that there are 5 deities of Lord Vishnu in

> > that temple, established by the 5 Pandava brothers!

> > and the deity established by Bhima is the biggest of

> > the 5 !

> > Bharathapuzha flows near this temple, making this a

> > beautiful place - according to my brother. Visiting

> > this temple, though is not very easy - he had to

> > change buses, then take a jeep into the interior

> > areas - and then walk some distance to reach the

> > temple. The temple closes by 9AM itself, which makes

> > it even more difficult for people to reach! Better

> > hire a vehicle (car / jeep) if you want to go there!

> > (It is not easy to club this with any other temple

> > visit also!)

> >

> > I changed the subject line of this mail to avoid

> > confusion.

> >

> > -sriram

> > =====

> >

> > krishna kumar <krishnakumartcr wrote:

> >

> >

> ********************************************************

> > Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya

> >

>

> > As u know there is a lot of temples in india

> > vaishnavas/saivas etc

> > 6 types of mooethis/gods/dieties we can find there.

> > 1.Vishnu

> > 2.Siva

> > 3.Ganapathi

> > 4.Devi(Amman)

> > 5.Subramanyan

> > 6.Sooryan(SuryaNarayanan)

> > In these most famous are known as divyadesoms

> > There are 108 each in all over india

> > Vaishnava and Saiva divyadesoms known as

> > Thirupathi's

> > In our Small Kerala we have 12

> > Vaishnavadivydesam's and only one Saiva divya desom.

> > The Saivadivyasthalam is Thiruvanchikulam Mahadeva

> > Kshethram, Near Kodungallur

> > temple, Thrissur

> > Vaishnava Divyadesom

> > ******************

> > From South to north

> > ------------------------

> > 1. Thiruvattar (Adi Kesava Perumal)

> > 2.Thiruvananthapuram ( Harilakshmee Sametha

> > Padmanabha Swami)

> > 3.Aranmula (Parthasarathy)

> > 4.Thiruvalla (Sree Vallabhar)

> > 5.Thiruvandoor (Narayanan)

> > 6.Thrikodithanam(Narayanan)

> > 7.Chengannur- Thiruchengandrur (Narayanan)

> > 8.Puliyur-Kuttanadu (Narayanan)

> > 9.Thrikkakkara-Ernakulam ( Thrivikraman, Vamana

> > Moorthy)

> > 10.Moozhikulam -Near Ernakulam (Narayanan, Lakshmana

> > Perumal)

> > 11.Thirunavai (Narayanan, Navamukundan)

> > 12.Thirumittakode- Pattambi (Vithuvakottunathan,

> > Narayanan)

> > The speciality of Thirunavai is that this is the

> > only temple where separate sreekovil for the

> > 'Thayar'- Mahalakshmi-.Another one has no separate

> > sreekovil for devi.

> > These temples are very importanat. We should take

> > care about these tamples, these temples are famous

> > because the " Alwars " 'Mangalasasanam' about these

> > temples.

> >

> > Sir, plz chk the grammer and details because am