IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Where is GOD ?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna Guruvayurappa !Wonderful quotes from Kabir. Kabir was a great saint - an avadhuta - a great Rama bhakta. We must offer him all respect - as the following incident at Bhadrachalam reveals:

When Abul Hasan Tanashah, the last Kutub Shahi ruler, was reigning at Golconda,an unlettered woman, by name Dammakka, was living in a hamlet near the hill of Bhadrachalam. She saw in a vision the images of Sri Rama, Sita and Lakshmana lying, sheltered from prying eyes, in an unfrequented spot on the top of the hill. Next day, she and her daughter climbed up the hill and discovered the idols on the spot, which she had seen in her dream.

Dammakka had a small Mantapa constructed on the top for housing the idols. At that time, in a neighboring village called Nelakondapalli, one Gopanna, who was the nephew and son-in-law of the King's Minister Akkanna, was living. This Gopanna became famous later as Saint Ramadas. One day, Gopanna joined a small group of pilgrims climbing up the hill, and came across Kabir Das, a Muslim devotee, who was also proceeding to pay his homage to the deities. The Hindu servants of the temple objected to the Muslim devotee entering the temple, and Saint Kabir who was denied darshan of the Lord felt sad and miserable. Since he was denied a vision of the Lord, at that moment, the deities also vanished from view. Gopanna observed that the Lord did not attach any importance to the external form of worship, or the religion to which a person belonged, but rather to the inner sincerity and strength of devotion. Thereupon he requested the Archakas to permit Kabir also into the temple, where upon the Lord also re-appeared. Gopanna then received Upadesam from Kabir, and assumed the name of Ramadas or the servant of Rama.[uNQUOTE]This Ramadas is none other than the famous "Bhadrachala Ramadas" - the great music composer - and pure devotee of Sri Rama.-sriram==============]chirattapuram

<anair1101 wrote: Hare Krishna ! -------------- O SERVANT, where dost thou seek Me? Lo! I am beside thee. I am neither in temple nor in mosque: I am neither in Kaaba nor in Kailash: Neither am I in rites and ceremonies, nor in Yoga and renunciation. If thou art a true seeker, thou shalt at once see Me: thou shalt meet Me in a moment of time. Kabîr says, "O Sadhu! God is the breath of all breath."[9] Are you looking for me? I am in the next seat. My shoulder is against yours. you will not find me in

the stupas, not in Indian shrine rooms, nor in synagogues, nor in cathedrals: not in masses, nor kirtans, not in legs winding around your own neck, nor in eating nothing but vegetables. When you really look for me, you will see me instantly — you will find me in the tiniest house of time. Kabir says: Student, tell me, what is God? He is the breath inside the breath.[10] ********************** Narayana !

Here it is ! (The English translation has been done by Rabindranath Tagore). Moko Kahan Dhundhere Bande Mein To Tere Paas MeinNa Teerath Mein, Na Moorat Mein Na Ekant Niwas MeinNa Mandir Mein, Na Masjid Mein Na Kabe Kailas MeinMein To Tere Paas Mein Bande Mein To Tere Paas MeinNa Mein Jap Mein, Na Mein Tap Mein Na Mein Barat Upaas MeinNa Mein Kiriya Karm Mein Rehta Nahin Jog Sanyas MeinNahin Pran Mein Nahin Pind MeinNa Brahmand Akas MeinNa Mein Prakuti Prawar Gufa MeinNahin Swasan Ki Swans MeinKhoji Hoye Turat Mil Jaoon Ik Pal Ki Talas MeinKahet Kabir Suno Bhai Sadho Mein To Hun Viswas MeinO servant where dost thou seek meO servant, where dost thou seek Me?O servant, where dost thou seek

Me?Lo ! I am beside thee.I am neither in temple nor in mosque: I am neither in Kaaba nor in Kailash:Neither am I in rites and ceremonies, nor in Yoga and renunciation.If thou art a true seeker, thou shalt at once see Me: thou shalt meet Me in a moment of time. Kabir says, ' O Sadhu ! God is the breath of all breath.' -sriram Saroja Ramanujam <sarojram18 wrote: Very nice doha of kabir.Is it possible to get the hHindi version? sarojaRamanujam Dr. Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit. Please visit www.freewebs.com/sarojaramanujam www.freewebs.com/asrama3

Dear Dr. (Smt) Saroja,

Here is the Doha. I think I must be correct.

Best wishes & warm regards,

"OM NAMO BHAGAVATHE VASUDEVAYA OM VISWASMAI NAMAH : OM NAMO NARAYANAYA "

KABIR'S DOHA

Moko Kahan Dhundhere Bande Mein To Tere Paas Mein Na Teerath Mein, Na Moorat Mein Na Ekant Niwas Mein Na Mandir Mein, Na Masjid Mein Na Kabe Kailas Mein Mein To Tere Paas Mein Bande Mein To Tere Paas Mein Na Mein Jap Mein, Na Mein Tap Mein Na Mein Barat Upaas Mein Na Mein Kiriya Karm Mein Rehta Nahin Jog Sanyas Mein Nahin Pran Mein Nahin Pind Mein Na Brahmand Akas Mein Na Mein Prakuti Prawar Gufa Mein Nahin Swasan Ki Swans Mein Khoji Hoye Turat Mil Jaoon Ik Pal Ki Talas Mein Kahet Kabir Suno Bhai Sadho Mein To Hun Viswas Mein

guruvayur , Saroja Ramanujam <sarojram18 wrote:>> Very nice doha of kabir.Is it possible to get the hHindi version?> sarojaRamanujam> > > > > Dr. Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit.> Please visit www.freewebs.com/sarojaramanujam> www.freewebs.com/asrama3> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

• 3 weeks later...

There is another doha written by Kabir Das which has always inspired

me. This I learned while in school and is in my mind since then.

Dukh mein sumiran sab karein

Dukh mein karein na koyi

Agar sukh mein bhi sumiran karein

To dukh kahe hoi?

(All remember Him during sad times but dont remember Him during good

times. If we remember Him during good times also, will there be bad

times?)

Jai Sree Krishna

guruvayur , SRIRAM SUBRAMANIAN <abheri

wrote:

>

> Hare Krishna Guruvayurappa !

> Wonderful quotes from Kabir. Kabir was a great saint - an avadhuta -

a great Rama bhakta. We must offer him all respect - as the

following incident at Bhadrachalam reveals:

>

>

> When Abul Hasan Tanashah, the last Kutub Shahi ruler, was

reigning at Golconda,an unlettered woman, by name Dammakka, was

living in a hamlet near the hill of Bhadrachalam.

> She saw in a vision the images of Sri Rama, Sita and

Lakshmana lying, sheltered from prying eyes, in an

unfrequented spot on the top of the hill.

> Next day, she and her daughter climbed up the hill

and discovered the idols on the spot, which she had seen in

her dream.

> Dammakka had a small Mantapa constructed on the top

for housing the idols. At that time, in a neighboring village

called Nelakondapalli, one Gopanna, who was the nephew and

son-in-law of the King's Minister Akkanna, was living.

> This Gopanna became famous later as Saint Ramadas. One

day, Gopanna joined a small group of pilgrims climbing up the

hill, and came across Kabir Das, a Muslim devotee, who was

also proceeding to pay his homage to the deities.

> The Hindu servants of the temple objected to the Muslim

devotee entering the temple, and Saint Kabir who was denied

darshan of the Lord felt sad and miserable.

> Since he was denied a vision of the Lord, at that moment,

the deities also vanished from view. Gopanna observed that

the Lord did not attach any importance to the external form

of worship, or the religion to which a person belonged, but

rather to the inner sincerity and strength of devotion.

> Thereupon he requested the Archakas to permit Kabir also

into the temple, where upon the Lord also re-appeared.

Gopanna then received Upadesam from Kabir, and assumed the

name of Ramadas or the servant of Rama.

> [uNQUOTE]

> This Ramadas is none other than the famous " Bhadrachala Ramadas " -

the great music composer - and pure devotee of Sri Rama.

>

> -sriram

> ==============]

>

> chirattapuram <anair1101 wrote:

Hare Krishna !

> --------------

>

> O SERVANT, where dost thou seek Me?

> Lo! I am beside thee.

> I am neither in temple nor in mosque: I am neither in Kaaba nor in

> Kailash:

> Neither am I in rites and ceremonies, nor in Yoga and renunciation.

> If thou art a true seeker, thou shalt at once see Me: thou shalt

meet

> Me in a moment of time.

> Kabîr says, " O Sadhu! God is the breath of all breath. " [9]

>

> Are you looking for me? I am in the next seat.

> My shoulder is against yours.

> you will not find me in the stupas, not in Indian shrine

> rooms, nor in synagogues, nor in cathedrals:

> not in masses, nor kirtans, not in legs winding

> around your own neck, nor in eating nothing but vegetables.

> When you really look for me, you will see me instantly —

> you will find me in the tiniest house of time.

> Kabir says: Student, tell me, what is God?

> He is the breath inside the breath.[10]

>

> **********************

>

> Narayana !

>

>

>

>

>

>

>