IndiaDivine.org

Periazvar kanda kannan-crawling Krishna

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Crawling Krishna

Krishna started crawling and comes out of the house and see the moon. He wishes tio call the moon to come and play with him. Azvar in the role of Yasodha chides the moon who does not comply with the request of Krishna to come and play with him, saying that the child is none other than the Lord Himself and the moon cannot afford to ignore Him.

Addressing the moon Yasodha says,

"Oh moon, if you have eyes on your face, see this son of mine who is crawling with his ornaments on his hair and ears moving delightfully and plays in the mud.

He, who is my child, the nectar of my life, is calling you with his small hands and you come and play and do not hide yourself among the clouds.

You with all your halo of light around you is not equal to the face of my son in lustre. Let him not strain his hands in calling you and come fast.

He is the one who wields the disc and he with eyes wide points at you and wants you to come. Do not delay and come quickly if you are not barren."

By mentioning the chakrayudha Yasodha warns the moon not to ignore Krishna.

Krishna is calling the moon with his lisping tongue. The words are indistinct coming out of his sweet mouth. Yasodha chides the moon saying,

" If you go along as if you have not heard him, your ears are futile and you are as good as deaf.

He who bears the chakra,disc, Sankha, conch, and Saarnga, the bow, is getting sleepy and yawns. He has to sleep so as to digest the milk he has drunk. So do not keep him waiting and come running to him."

The idea is that He is the Lord Himself who wields the divine weapons, chakra.shankha and shaarnga and instead of approaching Him in surrender the moon seems to ignore when he Himself is calling.

The moon does not seem to come and Yasodha is threatening him with dire consequences.

"Do not neglect his wish thinking that he is only a child. He is the one, sleeping on a banyan leaf, contained all the worlds inside Him. If he gets angry he will leap to the sky and catch you. So you yourself come happily to him, if you do not want that to happen.

Do not consider my young lion as a mere child. You go and ask Mahabali about the greatness of this small boy. So apologizing for your negligence so long, you better come quickly. If you do not do so, it will not be long before He attacks you with His chakra as easily as he broke the pot of butter and ate it."

Thus in this decade Periazvar describes the soulabhya of the Lord as the child of a cowherd, as well as His original glory. He measured the whole world with His foot as Thrivikrama and swallowed the whole universe and slept on a banyan leaf as an infant, with the same ease with which he swallowed butter and crawled on the ground in Gokula.

Those who recite these verses in which Periazvar describes Yasodha calling the moon will be free from troubles of any sort.