IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Travelogue

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namaskaram seemaji The Kodikunnu Temple is not a Kavu, its a temple only. The founder of this temple is Mezhathole Agnohothri of Mezhathol, who did the Satha Athirathram on that days. The famous sanskrit pandit Late Sri.K.P.Narayana Pisharoti, is hailed from this are. The "Konna Tree" of this temple is very special due to its flowring in all days. This is the "Sree moolasthanam of Bagavathy", but there is no need of poojas and naivedyams. Now some peoples are saying that its the "Kavu", but as per our knowledge there is no Kavu in our temple.We are hailed from kodikunnu and right now in Trichur. This temple is the second one temple which have separate "Mathrusala" in the "Nalambalam". First one is Kodungallur, second one is Kodikunnu and the third one Angadipuram.Its believed that these three devis are sisters. Kodungallur devi is the elder and

the youngers dont like the Saktheya style of Guruthi and the Barani function of Kodungallur. So they moved frm there and settled on these place. Pinne engane ezhuthanam ennu enikkariylla, Kodungallur pooja cheyyunna "Adikal' ellarum Kodikunnathu ninnullavaranu, Kodikunnathu ninnarum Kodungallur povukayum illa. Bagavathy avide 3 bavathil anu. Morning in Saraswathi,Noon in Durga and in evening Kali. The devi is very powerful there, we say"Vilicha Vilipurathenu ennu". Now the rennovation is happening there, the old chuttambalam and sreekovil is rennovationg. the 300 yrs olg chembola of srikovil is to be recostructed. iniyum kure parayanm ennundu,pakshe basha oru prasnam anu. Namaskarams to all bakthas Sree Seetha Ramo

vijayathe Sada KrishnakumarSeema Warrier <seemawarrier wrote: Sorry for the delay in replying. My computer had some problems and was very slow. So I confined my mail checkings only to the daily update of Guruvayoor Devaprasnam. Thanks to Krishnadayaji once more for the earnest efforts in keeping all of us updated. Very sorry to hear the pathetic state of affairs of administration. Reminds of the famous dialogue in the movie "Advaitham" – "Devaswom boardil kayariyittu vennam,

Bhandarathil Kayittu varan". How true.Regarding the travelogue, please find the route taken by us for visiting various temples. We go via Pattambi. Pattambi Guruvayoorappan temple is very famous temple. From Pattambi, take the Kootanad road. 1 to 2 km from Pattambi, one can see Njanjathiri Bhagavathy temple board on the left side. The road on the left takes you to the temple. It takes around another 1 to 2 km, with rubber estate on your left side, and then you can see some houses (mostly muslim houses) and then you reach the temple premises, with some shops around. The temple is a very beautiful one with Nila river behind. Halfway through the Pradakshinavazhi, there are some steps that takes you to the river, on the way, there is a big tree under which they have now kept a Hanuman deity. From Bhagavathy temple, there is a road to Thirumittakode. Once I visited Thirumittakode by walking through the paddy fields

from Bhagavathy temple. Superb view it was. But now they have constructed a road there which leads directly to Thirumittakode. Or else, one can go by Kootanad road from Pattambi. 6 to 7 km through the road is Kootupal junction. Take the road on the left. 1 to 2 km and you can see the temple. Other temples:From Kootanad, take the Kunnamkulam road, 6 km through the road will lead to Chalissery. Immediately after the small town, there is a big ground on the right side and there is Mulayamparambath Bhagavathy temple. A very powerful Bhagavathy temple, it is worth visiting. Elaneer Pushpanjali is the main vazhipadu.The road from Chalissery merges with the National Highway. 5 km on the Calicut road, there is Kadavalur Sri Rama Swami Temple (which I have not yet visited).If you take Trichur road, you reach Edappal. Take left and after Edappal Hospitals (which you can see in the left), there is a road which goes

down while the main road will take a deviation to the left. Down the narrow road is the very famous Sukapuram temple (Dakshinamoorthy – famous for vidya) and next to that is the Kulangara Bhagavathy temple.4 km through Edappal Pattambi road will lead to Neeliyad. Take the left turn which leads to Anakara. (The world famous dancer Mallika Sarabai's ancestral home is in this place). 1 to 2 km further will lead to the famous Panniyur Varahamoorthy temple. A very beautiful temple where you can see Perunthachan's ulli. This temple work was the last one he did. He kept the ulli there and left. I think this is the only temple for Varahamurthy.Another famous temple around this part which often finds mention in M.T. Vasudevan Nair's novels is Kodikunathukavu. A beautiful temple, mostly prominent for Bhagavathy. One has to climb a number of steps to reach there. Bhagavathy and Siva are facing opposite directions. 8 to

9 km through Pattambi – Pallipuram road from Pattambi, you reach a railway cross, the temple is further 4 to 5 km from there. I am not very sure of this route. But it is easy to find out from the people.Most of these temples are visited every month by my uncle. I got the routes from him. In fact when I called him, he was coming from one of the temples.Hope this will be useful to you.Jai Sree Krishna

Now you can chat without downloading messenger. Click here to know how.