IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] 'Ram was 39 years old when he killed Ravana'

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna Guruvayurappa !Dear friend, Recent calculations of Lord Rama's date of birth etc are certainly not in order when we compare the info presented with our own shastras. I have already posted some details on this, which are briefly asunder:As per our own shastras, Lord Rama ruled in the Treta yuga. In Dwapara yuga, Lord Krishna arrived. Now we are in Kali yuga. The Vedic progression of time is in the form of 4 repeating yugas which are:YUGA DURATIONSatya (Krita) yuga - 1,728,000 yearsTreta yuga - 1,296,000 yearsDwapara yuga - 864,000 yearsKali yuga - 432,000 yearsKali yuga started

with the departure of Lord Krishna and it is only approx 5000+ years over since then. Lord Rama ruled for 11,000 years in Treta yuga - and we see that the Dwapara yuga comes in between. So, adding up, we get:5,000+ 864,000 + 11,000 = 880,000 yearsThis is the minimum number of years we have to trace back to arrive at the date of appearance of Lord Rama in this world.5000 years ago, the Bhagavad Gita was spoken and all the scriptures were committed to writing by Vedavyasa. But Ramayana is the Adi Kavya and hence has much more antiquity !Also, just because Lord Rama appears and plays His part exactly like a human being, His activities are not to be questioned OR He should not be considered a mere mortal. Even in Bhagavad Gita, Lord Krishna says:avajananti mam mudhah manushim tanum ashritamparam bhavam ajananto mama bhuta maheshwaram 9.11"Fools deride Me when I descend in the human form. They do not know My

transcendental nature as the Supreme Lord of all that be."also,janma karma cha me divyam evam yo vetti tattvatahtyaktva deham punar janma na ity mam ety so'rjunah 4.9"One who knows the transcendental nature of My appearance and activities does not, upon leaving the body, take his birth again in this material world, but attains My eternal abode, O Arjuna."The same applies to the case of Lord Rama as He is the Supreme Lord.I hope this info helps.-sriram======rbalpal wrote: Please note, the sender's email address has not been verified. This article from Rediff.com has been sent to you by rbalpal (AT) (DOT) co.in. Click the following to access the sent link: Rediff.com - 'Ram was 39 years old when he killed Ravana' This article can also be accessed if you copy and paste the entire address below into your web browser. http://www.rediff.com/news/2007/nov/20inter.htm

Be a better pen pal. Text or chat with friends inside Mail. See how.

"Vanthe Vishnum Bhavabhayaharam Sarva lokaika nadham" hi ALL, Thank u sreeramji for ur information. But I hav a doubt. When he left his throne for lava and kusha?And when he did asvamedha? Regards, Sreejith SRIRAM SUBRAMANIAN <abheri wrote: Hare Krishna Guruvayurappa !Dear friend, Recent calculations of Lord Rama's date of birth etc are certainly not in order when we compare the info presented with our own shastras. I have already posted some details on this, which are briefly asunder:As per our own shastras, Lord Rama ruled in the Treta yuga. In Dwapara yuga, Lord Krishna arrived. Now we are in Kali yuga. The Vedic progression of time is in the form of 4 repeating yugas which are:YUGA DURATIONSatya (Krita) yuga - 1,728,000 yearsTreta yuga - 1,296,000 yearsDwapara yuga - 864,000 yearsKali

yuga - 432,000 yearsKali yuga started with the departure of Lord Krishna and it is only approx 5000+ years over since then. Lord Rama ruled for 11,000 years in Treta yuga - and we see that the Dwapara yuga comes in between. So, adding up, we get:5,000+ 864,000 + 11,000 = 880,000 yearsThis is the minimum number of years we have to trace back to arrive at the date of appearance of Lord Rama in this world.5000 years ago, the Bhagavad Gita was spoken and all the scriptures were committed to writing by Vedavyasa. But Ramayana is the Adi Kavya and hence has much more antiquity !Also, just because Lord Rama appears and plays His part exactly like a human being, His activities are not to be questioned OR He should not be considered a mere mortal. Even in Bhagavad Gita, Lord Krishna says:avajananti mam mudhah manushim tanum

ashritamparam bhavam ajananto mama bhuta maheshwaram 9.11"Fools deride Me when I descend in the human form. They do not know My transcendental nature as the Supreme Lord of all that be."also,janma karma cha me divyam evam yo vetti tattvatahtyaktva deham punar janma na ity mam ety so'rjunah 4.9"One who knows the transcendental nature of My appearance and activities does not, upon leaving the body, take his birth again in this material world, but attains My eternal abode, O Arjuna."The same applies to the case of Lord Rama as He is the Supreme Lord.I hope this info helps.-sriram======rbalpal (AT) (DOT) co.in wrote: Please note, the sender's email address has not been verified. This article from Rediff.com has been sent to you by rbalpal (AT) (DOT) co.in. Click

the following to access the sent link:Rediff.com - 'Ram was 39 years old when he killed Ravana' This article can also be accessed if you copy andpaste the entire address below into your web browser.http://www.rediff.com/news/2007/nov/20inter.htm Be a better pen pal. Text or chat with friends inside Mail. See how.

Flying to Bangalore or Bhopal? Search for tickets here.