IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Prospective Publishers required for telugu version of Srimad Narayaneeyam

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Gopalakrishna ji, Radhe Krishna ! Please visit the following link for more information of the Telugu version of Narayaneeyam- Sri Bhagavata Narayaneeyamu. http://sribhagavata narayaneeyamu. blogspot. com/"K.V Gopalakrishna" <gopalakrishna.kv wrote: Dear Anoopji and others,Radhe Krishna!I am also looking out for a suitable publisher for the Second edition of the Bhaktaranjini English Commentary. If there are any professional publishers in the group who can take up the job, kindly revert.By the way, Anoopji, what is the Telugu version like? Do you have a website? Is it only the text in Telugu or is it a commentary?RegardsK.V. Gopalakrishna, webmaster www.narayaneeyam.comAnoop Surendran wrote: narayana narayana narayana guruvayoor vazhum

mahanubhava narayana narayanaanoop Save all your chat conversations. Find them online.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Ohm Narayanaya Namah

Respected G

Thanks for your reply and I too wish and Pray Lord Guruvayoorappan to help us in finding a publisher who will come forward to publish the 2nd edition.

I wish to point that your computer perhaps is set to February than January 2008 and hence the mix up of the month/date/day I presume. Hope someone can fix that at your end.

Though I have in my computer Narayaneeyam. Bhagavat Geetha, Bhagavatham, and Ramayanam all stored, I still would like to see it in the book form. That will be an asset for the younger generation who are very busy in their own problems, my children included, but when they reach our age, they will have something to prod on. By then the computer will have a 3rd or 4th generation and the book format will be appreciated and I hope I am not wrong in assuming that.

In the material world everyone want profit and printers, publishers, even the book shop owners, all are same and want their due share. I sincerely hope the 2nd edition will hit the book stall very soon and pray for that

Ohm Narayanaya Namah

Chandrasekharan

K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kvguruvayur Sent: Monday, February 4, 2008 4:16:14 AMRe: [Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Prospective Publishers required for telugu version of Srimad Narayaneeyam

Dear Chandraji,Radhe Krishna!As you rightly said, it is really a computer mess-up on the dates. As I wrote to you last time, I have approached a number of professional publishers to publish the revised edition. My problem is not financial assistance, but to find a publisher who will provide the books at low cost to the readers. Motilal Banarsidass wants me to print at my cost and give him some 25 copies for selling. He would keep 50% of the marked price and give me the balance 50%, and he would need the price to be marked as Rs. 1600, if the Trust should get Rs. 800 for the book, after waiting for the actual sales to take place. And then again, I may have to run after him to collect the money. I do not know how much it will really cost now, as all prices would have gone up. There are other publishers who would spend the money and print,

giving the Trust a meagre 10% royalty. And they want me to buy from them at least 15% of the books printed. Even here, they want to sell the books at no less a price, than 1800/- per set. If the books have to find a place in the book-shops, they ask for a 50% commission!. This is true of all publishers, including the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan Anyway, BVB is at present, not interested.This was exactly the reason why I formed the Trust asnd published it all by myself, giving it at slightly-above- the- break-even- price, assuming the "so-called small difference between the return and actual cost, to go to the corpus of the Trust, and ultimately go for a philanthropic cause", and considering all the physical labour involved as a service to the Lord. I am mentally prepared for the same to be repeated even for the second edition, but I doubt

whether I will be able to undertake the physical strain involved. And I cant expect any help from my children as they have their own problems and difficulty in time management.Well, if there is nobody coming forward, I shall offer my prayers to the Lord, to give me sufficient strength to undertake the job, place the load on Him and surely take the plunge. But I want to make sure that the benefit, if any, should go the Bhaktas, and not to the commercial-minded book-sellers.Other suggestions are also being considered, to make it an e-book, but the problem is again that many of the readers who will be in the age range of 60-80, old-timers like me, may not have a computer at their disposal, and would like to have a printed book.Anyway, suggestions are welcome.LoveKVG.Chandra Menon wrote:

Ohm Narayanaya Namah

I do not know if this message will bear the correct date as I am typing this on 3rd January 2008 and I am replying to the post of my G - our KVG- that bears the date of February 1 2008!!! Whether this is a computer glitch or some Maya, I feel my G is very upset and looking for a professional publisher for the 2nd edition of Bhaktha Ranjini's Narayaneeyam. I am not a professional publisher but I can definitely assist in my own way who ever is willing to take up this job. Sunilji.... do you remember that we - this group - offered assistance to publish the 2nd edition of Narayaneeyam some time back? The time has come and I for one do wish to see the 2nd edition will appear soon not only in the book stall but in everyone house who want THIS Narayaneeyam that is translated wonderfully in English at the same time keeping the original slogan in Sanskrit. I sincerely pray Lord

Guruvayoorappan to bless someone to come forward in this yagnam.

Ohm Narayanaya Namah

Chandrasekharan

K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna. kv (AT) gmail (DOT) com>guruvayur@grou ps.comFriday, February 1, 2008 2:45:21 AMRe: [Guruvayur/Guruvayo or] Prospective Publishers required for telugu version of Srimad Narayaneeyam

Dear Anoopji and others,Radhe Krishna!I am also looking out for a suitable publisher for the Second edition of the Bhaktaranjini English Commentary. If there are any professional publishers in the group who can take up the job, kindly revert.By the way, Anoopji, what is the Telugu version like? Do you have a website? Is it only the text in Telugu or is it a commentary?RegardsK.V. Gopalakrishna, webmaster www.narayaneeyam. comAnoop Surendran wrote:

narayana narayana narayana

guruvayoor vazhum mahanubhava

narayana narayanaanoop

Save all your chat conversations. Find them online.

• 5 weeks later...

Dear Chandraji,

Radhe Krishna!

As you rightly said, it is really a computer mess-up on the dates.

As I wrote to you last time, I have approached a number of professional

publishers to publish the revised edition. My problem is not

financial assistance, but to find a publisher who will provide the

books at low cost to the readers. Motilal Banarsidass wants me to

print at my cost and give him some 25 copies for selling. He would

keep 50% of the marked price and give me the balance 50%, and he would

need the price to be marked as Rs. 1600, if the Trust should get Rs.

800 for the book, after waiting for the actual sales to take place.

And then again, I may have to run after him to collect the money.

I do not know how much it will really cost now, as all prices would

have gone up. There are other publishers who would spend the money

and print, giving the Trust a meagre 10% royalty. And they want me to

buy from them at least 15% of the books printed. Even here, they

want to sell the books at no less a price, than 1800/- per set. If

the books have to find a place in the book-shops, they ask for a 50%

commission!. This is true of all publishers, including the Bharatiya

Vidya Bhavan Anyway, BVB is at present, not interested.

This was exactly the reason why I formed the Trust asnd published it

all by myself, giving it at slightly-above-the- break-even- price,

assuming the "so-called small difference between the return and actual

cost, to go to the corpus of the Trust, and ultimately go for a

philanthropic cause", and considering all the physical labour involved

as a service to the Lord. I am mentally prepared for the same to

be repeated even for the second edition, but I doubt whether I will be

able to undertake the physical strain involved. And I cant expect any

help from my children as they have their own problems and difficulty in

time management.

Well, if there is nobody coming forward, I shall offer my prayers to

the Lord, to give me sufficient strength to undertake the job, place

the load on Him and surely take the plunge. But I want to make sure

that the benefit, if any, should go the Bhaktas, and not to the

commercial-minded book-sellers.

Other suggestions are also being considered, to make it an e-book, but

the problem is again that many of the readers who will be in the age

range of 60-80, old-timers like me, may not have a computer at their

disposal, and would like to have a printed book.

Anyway, suggestions are welcome.

Love

KVG.

Chandra Menon wrote:

Ohm Narayanaya Namah

I do not know if this message will bear the

correct date as I am typing this on 3rd January 2008 and I am replying

to the post of my G - our KVG- that bears the date of February 1

2008!!! Whether this is a computer glitch or some Maya, I feel my G is

very upset and looking for a professional publisher for the 2nd edition

of Bhaktha Ranjini's Narayaneeyam. I am not a professional publisher

but I can definitely assist in my own way who ever is willing to take

up this job. Sunilji.... do you remember that

we - this group - offered assistance to publish the 2nd edition of

Narayaneeyam some time back? The time has come and I for one do wish to

see the 2nd edition will appear soon not only in the book stall but

in everyone house who want THIS Narayaneeyam that is

translated wonderfully in English at the same time keeping the original

slogan in Sanskrit. I sincerely pray Lord Guruvayoorappan to bless

someone to come forward in this yagnam.

Ohm Narayanaya Namah

Chandrasekharan

-----

Original Message ----

K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kv >

guruvayur

Friday, February 1, 2008 2:45:21 AM

Re: [Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Prospective Publishers

required for telugu version of Srimad Narayaneeyam

Dear Anoopji and others,

Radhe Krishna!

I am also looking out for a suitable publisher for the Second edition

of the Bhaktaranjini English Commentary. If there are any professional

publishers in the group who can take up the job, kindly revert.

By the way, Anoopji, what is the Telugu version like? Do you have a

website? Is it only the text in Telugu or is it a commentary?

Regards

K.V. Gopalakrishna, webmaster www.narayaneeyam. com

Anoop Surendran wrote:

narayana narayana narayana

guruvayoor vazhum mahanubhava

narayana narayana

anoop

Save all your chat conversations. Find them online.