Dasakam 53 (as he passed away after that).The CDs of those dasakams

are not yet ready. As soon I get them, I shall upload them to

http://www.esnips.com/web/Narayaneeyam-Discourses

guruvayur , Athena Wala <athenawala wrote:

>

> Dear Reshmaji and Satya Ramisettyji;

>

> Thanks to both of you for providing us with the lectures by

Sriman C.K. Nair on the first eleven dasakams of the Narayaneeyam.

These go along very well with the textbook version translated

adeptly by Sriman K.V. Gopalakrishnanji in our membership. I

listened intently to these. Could I please request you to provide

more of the Narayaneeyam discourses given by Sriman C.K. Nair? I

would like to hear more starting from dasakam 12 and going forward.

Thanks to you both for providing us with this material. I pray to

the lord to shower his blessings on you for this effort.

>

> Guruvayoorappane Sharanam

>

> Narasimhan Nagan,

>

>

> reshma menon <skandapotri wrote:

> Vathalayesha!

>

> How I realised the Glory of the Lord

> By Dr. Madhavan in August 1967

> Some ten years back, I suddenly got an attack of rheumatism on

my right forehead. I could not even talk and one side of my face was

rendered inactive. I could not hold water in my mouth. My condition

was miserable. I took some medicine, but even after 14 days it had

no effect. I wrote to the Principal of Calcutta college where I was

studying. Unfortunately, he was not there and there was delay in

getting his reply. In all these days I got not 1 per cent relief.

> Whatever offerings I could make to Guruvayurappan I vowed to do.

These did not meet with the approval of the Lord as I didn't include

Sayanapradakshina. A year before I did this and the physical

suffering I had, lasted nearly two hours. I was so exhausted that I

could not even talk. That was why I avoided this and vowed other

offerings. But the Lord, it appeared, wanted this and only this.

> I have been applying the well known holy oil offered to the

deity, for years, besides observing `Thingal' bhajanam (monthly

prayer). Still I was afflicted with illness.

> `Let me be cured of this and I would go to Guruvayur and do

Sayanapradakshina', I prayed. I increased the medicine dose and

went to bed thereafter. The next day morning, I was wonderstruck.

The ailment had disappeared hundred per cent from my face, without

> any trace. The forehead became normal as also the tongue and I

could hold water in my mouth for any length of time. I didn't even

feel which part of my face was afflicted. As vowed by me, the very

next day I went to Guruvayur, and after bath conducted

sayanapradakshinam with absolutely no problem, not even feeling any

tiredness. I thus realised the extreme glory of the Lord by my own

experience.

> The above was an extract from a great book –Sri Krishna The Lord

of Guruvayur Divine Experiences by Sri K.R.Vaidyanathan, Bhavan's

Book University.

> It has the English translation of real experiences of our

Bhagavan's grace narrated by readers of the " Sri Guruvayurappan " –a

monthly magazine of the Sri Guruvayurappan Sankeerthana Trust,

founded by Thirunamacharya Shri Anjam Madhavan Nambudiri (1918-1988),

>

> a scholar devotee who held vast audiences spellbound by his

inimitable discourses on Bhagavata and the Namasankirtan.

>

>

> Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

>

>

>

>

>

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with

Mobile. Try it now.

>

Dear Narasimhanji, Even I dont know much about the life and times of late Sri C.S.Nair. I came across this CD at an Audio store at West Nada, Guruvayur (I was going home after the temple visit and Lord Guruvayurappan blessed me with it ). It was the last piece. He was based at Calcutta. The inlay card of the CD has two phone numbers - his and one Srimati Manju Tantia at Jamshedpur. I rang her up for the remaining Dasakams. She told me that she had the audio files and they need to be edited and put into CDs. She took my number and said that she would ring me up as soon as they were ready. When she calls me up, I will ask her about Sriman C.S.Nair in brief and let you know. With prayers, ReshmaAthena Wala <athenawala wrote: Dear Reshma and Satya Ramisettyji; Thanks a lot for this update on my request for the Narayaneeyam discourses in English. It is indeed the leela of Guruvayoorappan to have taken his dear devotee exactly at the mid point of his discourses. Perhaps he will send another from his repository of countless liberated ones, to recite the remaining 54-100 in English some time soon. Meanwhile, even if I am able to hear

the remaining dasakams (11-53) rendered superbly by late Poojya Sriman C.S. Nairji, I would consider it my blessing. Please do keep me updated on this matter. I am craving for more nectar of his recitation. I would also like to know something more about the life and times of late Sriman C.S. Nair. Who was he, what did he study?, where did he live? When did he pass away? What was his age? Is he survived by any family? He must have been a highly capable and erudite scholar to speak with such clear diction, clarity, knowledge and depth of thought. I wish I could have heard him speak and/or have met him in person. May his soul rest in peace in its heavenly abode of Vaikuntham. The description of Vaikuntham in the 7th dasakam has been rendered superbly by him. Thanks a lot! God bless, Narasimhanskandapotri <skandapotri > wrote: Dear Narasimhanji,I presently have only the Narayaneeyam Discourses of Dasakams 1-10 by Sri C.S.Nair. Unfortunately,he has given discourses only upto Dasakam 53 (as he passed away after that).The CDs of those dasakams are not yet ready. As soon I get them, I shall upload them tohttp://www.esnips.com/web/Narayaneeyam-Discoursesguruvayur , Athena Wala <athenawala wrote:>> Dear Reshmaji and Satya Ramisettyji;> > Thanks to both of you for providing us with the lectures by Sriman C.K. Nair on the first eleven dasakams of the Narayaneeyam. These go along very

well with the textbook version translated adeptly by Sriman K.V. Gopalakrishnanji in our membership. I listened intently to these. Could I please request you to provide more of the Narayaneeyam discourses given by Sriman C.K. Nair? I would like to hear more starting from dasakam 12 and going forward. Thanks to you both for providing us with this material. I pray to the lord to shower his blessings on you for this effort. > > Guruvayoorappane Sharanam> > Narasimhan Nagan,> > > reshma menon <skandapotri wrote:> Vathalayesha!> > How I realised the Glory of the Lord> By Dr. Madhavan in August 1967> Some ten years back, I suddenly got an attack of rheumatism on my right forehead. I could not even talk and one side of my face was rendered inactive. I could not hold water in my mouth. My condition was miserable. I took some medicine, but even

after 14 days it had no effect. I wrote to the Principal of Calcutta college where I was studying. Unfortunately, he was not there and there was delay in getting his reply. In all these days I got not 1 per cent relief. > Whatever offerings I could make to Guruvayurappan I vowed to do. These did not meet with the approval of the Lord as I didn't include Sayanapradakshina. A year before I did this and the physical suffering I had, lasted nearly two hours. I was so exhausted that I could not even talk. That was why I avoided this and vowed other offerings. But the Lord, it appeared, wanted this and only this. > I have been applying the well known holy oil offered to the deity, for years, besides observing `Thingal' bhajanam (monthly prayer). Still I was afflicted with illness. > `Let me be cured of this and I would go to Guruvayur and do Sayanapradakshina', I prayed. I increased the medicine dose and

went to bed thereafter. The next day morning, I was wonderstruck. The ailment had disappeared hundred per cent from my face, without > any trace. The forehead became normal as also the tongue and I could hold water in my mouth for any length of time. I didn't even feel which part of my face was afflicted. As vowed by me, the very next day I went to Guruvayur, and after bath conducted sayanapradakshinam with absolutely no problem, not even feeling any tiredness. I thus realised the extreme glory of the Lord by my own experience.> The above was an extract from a great book –Sri Krishna The Lord of Guruvayur Divine Experiences by Sri K.R.Vaidyanathan, Bhavan's Book University.> It has the English translation of real experiences of our Bhagavan's grace narrated by readers of the "Sri Guruvayurappan"–a monthly magazine of the Sri Guruvayurappan Sankeerthana Trust, founded by Thirunamacharya Shri Anjam

Madhavan Nambudiri (1918-1988),> > a scholar devotee who held vast audiences spellbound by his inimitable discourses on Bhagavata and the Namasankirtan. > > > Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. > > > > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.