IndiaDivine.org

RE: [Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] KUDALLUR SIVAN TEMPLE

Rate this topic

Guest guest

!! Sri Rama Jayam !!

Kudallur is in the Palakkad district. It is in Ottappalam taluk, bordering Malappuram district, also on the banks of Bharathapuzha. This village was originally in Ponnani taluk of Palakkad, before the formation of Malappuram district. The first temple in Kerala is near Kudallur, in Panniyur.

Hope this helps.

Hare Krishna

Hare Rama

guruvayur [guruvayur ] On Behalf Of Venkataraman SWednesday, January 30, 2008 10:40 PMguruvayur Subject: [Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] KUDALLUR SIVAN TEMPLE

Dear Devotees of Lord Guruvayurappan,

In the serial Sri Krishna leela, there is a mention of Kudallur Sivan temple where Lord Siva is so much enamoured by Poonthanam's narration of Rasakreedai in Srimad Bhagavatham that every day when Poonthanam comes to the temple, he finds the book mark back to the page relating to this episode. I would like the bhakthas of Sri Guruvayurappan to tell me where is this temple, its location etc.

RADHE KRISHNA

S.Venkataraman

DGM (IT Services)

State Bank of Indore

94250 67134

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Dear devotees,

I have heard another version, a little bit diffeerent than this . I will share my version with you.

There was a big devotee called Koodallur Kunjhikkavu Nambudiripad. He lived in Gurvayur and was reading Bhagavatham in front of Guruvayurappan everyday. He reached the 60th chapter of dashama skandham in which Krishna Bhagavan is teasing Rukminidevi and Rukmini Devi retorting back with double meaning. Bhagavan was very cleverly trying to convince her that it was a mistake on her part to marry a cowherd boy and not the most desirable, eligble bachelor, Sishupaala. After some time Rukminidevi was very sad and faints on his lap and then Bhagavan consoles her and there ends their soundarya pinackkam. He read the 60th chapter and closed the book and kept it near the ceiling to come back and read next day. Next day, he came and the book mark was again at the beginning of the 60th chapter. He thought, may be he did not change the bookmark after reading and read that chapter one more time and made sure that he kept the bookmark after the chapter. Next day he came and to his surprise, again the bookmark was at the beginning of the 60th chapter. Then he thought, may be somebody used it after he left and put the bookmark there. So he again read that chapter and carefully kept the bookmark at the right place and saved the book in a safe place. Next morning he came and he could not believe that the bookmark was again at the beginning of the 60th chapter. He asked, Guruvayurappa, what is the menaing of this? Am I supposed to read this over and over again? Please tell me. Then he heard an ashareeri from the sreekovil: " Koodallur Nanbudiri, I like the 60th chapter so much and you read it so nicely. So I want to hear it many more times. Please read a few more times. "

Since then, if there is a musunderstanding between husband and wife, they are advised to offer to read that chapter 12 times or 36 times so that all the misunderstanding will be removed and the couple will have a wonderful relationship like Krishna and Rukmini..

Regards and prayers

Savitri

On 1/31/08, PS, Vinod K (GE Infra, Energy) <vinod.ps wrote:

!! Sri Rama Jayam !!

Kudallur is in the Palakkad district. It is in Ottappalam taluk, bordering Malappuram district, also on the banks of Bharathapuzha. This village was originally in Ponnani taluk of Palakkad, before the formation of Malappuram district. The first temple in Kerala is near Kudallur, in Panniyur.

Hope this helps.

Hare Krishna

Hare Rama

guruvayur [guruvayur ] On Behalf Of Venkataraman S

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 10:40 PMguruvayur Subject: [Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] KUDALLUR SIVAN TEMPLE

Dear Devotees of Lord Guruvayurappan,

In the serial Sri Krishna leela, there is a mention of Kudallur Sivan temple where Lord Siva is so much enamoured by Poonthanam's narration of Rasakreedai in Srimad Bhagavatham that every day when Poonthanam comes to the temple, he finds the book mark back to the page relating to this episode. I would like the bhakthas of Sri Guruvayurappan to tell me where is this temple, its location etc.

RADHE KRISHNA

S.Venkataraman

DGM (IT Services)

State Bank of Indore

94250 67134

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.