IndiaDivine.org

[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] krishnakarnamrtham-slokas38to40

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear and respected Sarojamji,

Thank you so much for these beautiful slokaas and meanings from Sreekrishna Karnaamrutham. I am trying to memorize some slokaas from that and when we want to choose, we do not know which one to choose. All are so beautiful and full of bhakthi. Slokam 101, 102 and 103 of Thrutheeyaaswaasam are used by many devotees to meditate on the Lord in the Prabhaatham, Madhyaanham and saayaanham. My sanskrit teacher in school helped the students to get interested in Sree Krishna Karnaamrutham. The first sloka he taught us was the one starting " Ayi Murali mukunda smera " from Pradhamaaswaasam.

Thank you very much for the beautiful explanation and how lucky we are to have this satsangam through internet!

Regards and prayers

Savitri

On 2/1/08, sarojram18 <sarojram18 wrote:

38.yaavanna me naradhaSaa dhaSameedhrSo api

ranDhraath udhethi thimireerthasarvabhaavaaH

laavaNyakelibhavanam thava thaavadhethu

lakshmyaah samutkvaNithaveNumukhendhubimbam

Until the darkness envelops me through my eyes at the tenth stage of human life, may your moon-like face, the playground of all the beauty and the source of sweet music from the flute, appear before me with its full splendour.

Leelasuka wishes to enjoy the beauty and the music of Krishna till the last moment. The tenth stage of human life is death. It could mean the end of the tenth decade signifying the end of life or the end of the different stages of life like babyhood childhood etc.

At the time of death when all the faculties are inactive and lastly the eyes close in death enveloping one in darkness. Till that time, Leelasuks prays to the Lord to appear in front of Him in full splendour of His beauty playing the flute. What a wonderful end to aspire for!

Vedanta desika in his Gopalavimsathi says,

adharaahitha chaaruvamsanaaLaah makutaalambhimayoorapicchamaalaah

harineelasilaavibhangaleelaah prathibhaah mamaanthimaprayaaNe santhu

Desika entreats the Lord to appear in front of him during his last journey with all His splendour, with His flute on His lowerlip, peacock feather decorating His crown, and His body of blue hue like sapphire.

39.aalolalochanavilokithakeliDhaaraa

neeraajithagrasaNeh karuNaamburaaSeh

aardhraani veNuninadhaaih prathinaadhapooraih

aakarNayaami maninoopurasinchithaani

I am hearing the sound of anklets filled with gems, like the time-beat for the music of the flute of Krishna, the ocean of mercy, who have been performed mangalarathi by the moving eyes of the gopis along his path.

When Krishna walks or rather dances with his anklets keeping time with his music from the flute, the eyes of the gopis who are watching him coming with their eyes moving from his face to the feet and back and it looks like as though they are doing mangalrathi to Krishna with their eyes..

40. he dheva hedhayitha he jagadhekabanDho

he krshna he chapala he karuNaikasinDho

he naaTha he ramaNa he nayanaabhiraama

ha haa kadhaa nu bhavithaasi padham dhrSorme

Oh Lord, oh beloved one, oh the only close relative of the whole world, Oh Krishna, oh the eternal benefactor of the devotees, oh the ocean of mercy, oh master oh dear one, the beautiful one., when are you going to be the object of my sight.?

The word dheva is derived as dheevyathe ithi, one who plays, shines, pleased or wishes to win etc. Here however the word playful, leelaapara, may be suitable to Krishna.

Dhayitha means the beloved. Not only he is the beloved of His devotees they are also loved by Him equally.

bhuvanaikasinDho means that He is the one and only relation, ekabanDho, to all world, bhuvana.

The word krshNa means, besides the one who attracts, karshathi ithi, one who is the bliss absolute , that is parabrahman.

krshirbhoovaachakah Sabdhah nascha nirvrtthisamjnakah

thayoraikyam parambrahma krshnaithabhiDheeyathi

The word krshi means the earth and `na' means bliss. Krsh +na+krshNa. That is, one who gives bliss to earth, the universe.

Chapala is the one who is bent on gracing the devotees.

karuNaikasinDhu – He is the only solace and a ocean of mercy.

naaTha- Besides the meaning of master or lord, this word is derived from the root `naaTh,' to ask or to bless with. So here the word naaTha may mean the one who blesses the devotees with what they ask for.

RamaNa- ramayathi chittham ithi ramNah. The one who pleases the heart.

Nayanaabhiraama means the one who is a delight of the eyes.