IndiaDivine.org

This Month's Quality of Mind ---ATTACHMENT--(2nd Quality in this Series)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

HARI OM!

Attachment

One mental problem that most of us have is emotional dependence. It may be dependence on a thing, dependence on a set-up, or dependence on a person. This emotional dependence is a problem because it creates worries. It often creates sorrow. And this emotional dependence is a big obstacle for Self-knowledge. Self-knowledge is in the form of freedom. We can never accept freedom as long as we are emotionally dependent. We cannot avoid physical dependence. It comes from emotional dependence. We should remember that everything in the world is constantly changing. Everything is in a flux and therefore whatever you hold on to, cannot be expected to always be the same. A setup changes, a particular object is lost and the people around never the same. Their values change, their motives change and their attitude towards us can always change. If we try to rely upon, totally lean upon, any of these fluctuating things and people, our psychological life is in danger. We may have to face situations and experiences which shock us and plunge us into misery.

If I have to keep my emotional balance, the only way is, I should be emotionally independent. I should be emotionally strong to face fluctuating characters, ups and downs, gains and losses. And there are only two methods for this. One method is to depend on God, the permanent reliable One. All my other dependences, all the supports around me may go and will go. The one support that will never go is the Lord. So I learn to lean more and more upon God and draw my emotional strength from Him. Let the whole world desert me. I have no fear. I have the strongest support.

_ _ _ _ " Ananyascintayanto mam, ye janah parayupasate | _ _ _ _ _Tesam nityabhiyuktanam yogaksemam vahamyaham ||

The final solution is in the form of Self-Knowledge, in the form of independence. Until I find the form of Self-Knowledge, in the form of independence. Until I find independence through Self-knowledge, I continue to lean on God and none else. I may love others but I don't want to lean on them psychologically. My love and care I am ready to give others. But I don't expect love and care from others, for expecting love and care only from one source: the Lord. I am ever under the loving care of the Lord. I am ever under the loving care of the Lord. I have no fear.

Courtsey: SWAMI PARAMARTANANDA CHENNAI

Last month's Quality of Mind was Jealousy! Please refer to my post on Jan each month I will be posting Swamiji's article. One quality of mind to keep it or remove it.

Devotees who live in Chennai can attend Swami Paramarthanandaji's lectures at Astika Samajam, Venus colony Chennai, Saturday and Sunday early morning. (6:00am to 8:00 am) Saturday Upanishads, Sunday Srimad Bhagawad Geetha.

With Love & OM!

Krishna Prasad

-- dotcompals: www.dotcompals.in .Org domain Names for just 2.5 USDKrishna PrasadDare to give up the comfort of the 'known' and venture into the 'unknown'

The more we know, the more we will come to realize what we do not know.If we want to achieve our true potential and live life to the fullest. As Poojya Gurudev said it, "Open your eyes. Burst your shell.

Spread your wings and fly!"Swami ChinmayanandaHate not the sinner - hate the sin; and always hate the sin even with an excess of hatred. "