IndiaDivine.org

His Healing Smile

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The Healing Smile By Chembra Ezhuthachan I have been a devotee of Lord Guruvayurappan for years visiting the temple without fail every year. This was a ritual which I enjoyed thoroughly; missing it even once was painfully annoying. Having experienced His blessings on many occasions, I have pleasure in narrating one of them here. I was

suffering from severe migraine headache, which was so unbearable that I had even considered suicide as the only way out. The pain characterized by gradual increase and spreading all over had deprived me of my normal appetite, sleep and other faculties creating intense distress in my life. I was very annoyed with Lord Guruvayurappan that, inspite of my loyal devotion there had been no let up in my misery. One night, I was undergoing my ordeal wriggling with pain in my bed. There was a framed picture of the Lord on the wall which I used to worship regularly with lamp and floral offerings. Now in my intense agony my eyes

fell on that picture which only triggered off my rage thinking that here I was suffering helplessly, while the Lord the so called “guardian of the helpless” was smiling away totally unconcerned. With these thoughts, I worked up frenzy and with a war cry jumped out and punched the picture. My intention was to kill myself with the fragmented glass pieces. However, I had passed out immediately and when I woke up, it was morning and I was sleeping on the floor, but my headache had completely abated. With a deep sense of guilt I looked at the picture and there He was smiling

triumphantly and in my mind I apologized a million times for my high handedness. Never again has the headache troubled me. The Lord never lets down His devotees. One only has to visit to experience and savor the ecstasy of the ambience of the Guruvayur templ e. The above was a real experience of our Bhagavan’s grace narrated by a reader of the “Sri Guruvayurappan”–a monthly magazine of the Sri Guruvayurappan Sankeerthana Trust, founded by Thirunamacharya Shri Anjam Madhavan Nambudiri (1918-1988), a scholar devotee who held vast audiences spellbound

by his inimitable discourses on Bhagavata and the Namasankirtan. I request all our group members(who are rs of the “Sri Guruvayurappan” monthly magazine) to provide me with the scanned pages of “Anubhava Katha” columns. I wish to translate it into English so that we all can be blessed by knowing more and more about our Guruvayurappan’s Karunyam. So, if any of you out there has any volume, any month, any year-old or new issues, kindly help me in this project by sending those pages

to me. I wish to make a website for sharing these blessings of Lord Guruvayurappan with the world. So, I request all our group members to send their divine experiences to me – in English, Malayalam or Manglish(Malayalam typed out in English). Please share how you were blessed by Lord Guruvayurappan - how He answered your prayers, how He saved you from danger, how He healed you, how His grace protected you, how He fulfilled your wishes, how He appeared before you etc. The Glory of Lord Guruvayurappan is such that all of us can be

blessed by recounting His Leelas.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.