IndiaDivine.org

Ocean Of Love

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sree Guruvayurappan Bhakthavatsalyam Ocean Of Love By V.S.W in Oct 1968It was a rainy night in 1965 and my family of three daughters and a son had completed the usual recital of Narayana japam- a simple but sacred ritual which we observed daily. My son not old enough to realize its significance did not join us and after reciting the mangalam we had retired to

bed. In the morning to my horror I noticed that my son was unable to get up and walk and he had all the symptoms of being afflicted with polio. There was every reason for me to be panicky. I had a modest Government job and so during my office hours I had to necessarily entrust the household to a maid servant with a small child herself. My son though usually cooperative, could be difficult at times without his mother. Well it might have been possible to adjust to these changes and the boy also could have been treated by

spending money, but yet the nature of the disease did not guarantee a cure. Inspite of expensive treatment, he could be crippled for life. The doctors confirmed my worst fears, it was indeed polio. With all the above mentioned fears looming large in my mind, it occurred to me to carry my son and pray in front of the picture of Lord Guruvayurappan thus “O Lord you are the ocean of love, the friend of the devotees, the savior of the helpless. You are aware of my pathetic situation, I have none to look up to for help other than you. You have cured Janameya of his leprosy. In the same way please help this Dasi of yours by curing her son of his paralysis so that he would run about in the humble house of ours.” I did not bother to give any medicines for my son having entrusted him to Lord Guruvayurappan who did indeed hear my prayers. In two days time at the same hour [4.30 p.m.], he came running to his mother announcing that his paralyzed limbs are functioning and hugged me. In a month’s time we went to Guruvayur to conduct the thanks giving thulabharam. The authorities at the ticket counter opined that twenty rupees would be sufficient. I doubted considering the weight of the baby that it would require atleast 120 Rupees. However, my fears were baseless for the vow was completed at a much lesser amount. The above was a real experience of our Bhagavan’s grace narrated by a reader of the “Sri Guruvayurappan”–a monthly magazine of the Sri Guruvayurappan Sankeerthana Trust, founded by Thirunamacharya Shri Anjam Madhavan Nambudiri (1918-1988), a scholar devotee who held vast audiences spellbound by his inimitable discourses on Bhagavata and the Namasankirtan. I wish to make a website for sharing these blessings of Lord Guruvayurappan with the world. So, I request all our group members to send their divine experiences to me – in English, Malayalam or Manglish(Malayalam typed out in English). Please share how you were blessed by Lord Guruvayurappan - how He answered your prayers, how He saved you from danger, how He healed you, how His grace protected you, how He fulfilled your wishes, how He appeared before you etc. The Glory of Lord Guruvayurappan is such that all of us can be blessed by recounting His Leelas.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.