IndiaDivine.org

HINDUISM, ITHIHASAS AND PURANAS

Rate this topic

Guest guest

ABOUT HINDUISM, ITHIHASAS AND PURANAS - MY VIEW

Friends,

Our Hinduism is one of the oldest religions . It is based on Sanathana Dharma which consists of Sruthi, Amrithi, the four Vedas and Upanishads. Apart from this we have some Puranas and Ithihasas just to teach us the Sanathana Dharma . A person who believes in Sanathan Dharma is a Hindu. There is no differentiation as SHAIVA, VAISHNAVA etc. as per Vedas. These are all the later creations of certain Acharyas.

The Ithhasas and Puranas may contain certain exaggerations , as they are meant to propagate Sanathana Dharma. If one look at this religion properly, you will find there is no room to think that one is a SHAIVATE OR VAISHNAVATE. There are no such bars in Hinduism. A Brahmin is defined as Brahmajnaani. Almost all the present Brahmins which include me , who are not BRAHMAJNAANIS and who are either Shavates or Vaishnavates belong only to the three Vedas Viz. : Rig., Yajur, Saama. There is no separate Veda for Vaishnavates or Shaivates. Now coming to the caste system as a political scientist, I would like to state that “CHATHUR VARNYAM MAYA SRISHTAM†as told by Bhagawan Sri Krishna in BAHAGAVAT GITHA and as given in Purusha Sooktha “ BhraamanOsya mukha- maseeth baahu rAjanya krutha, UrU thadasya yad vaisya padbhyaagum shUdrO ajAyathaH “ where necessary during the ancient days. But , in the present context I do not think, this caste system is relevant. Varnaasrama was based on the work we performed which now-a-days we do not follow. Then why there should be a caste system?

ITHIHASA PURANAS

I have already mentioned that these are meant to propagate SANATHANA DHARMA, and the great KAAYAAS, RAMAYANA and MAHABHARATHA belong to this category. Hence , if some one questions about the authenticity of the contents as a whole or part, sometimes it will be difficult to prove. These types of stories are plenty in other religions also. We cannot condemn a religion or condemn a person who questions such anomalies found in the contents. Let us try to appreciate them also.

Regards to one and all,

P.R.RADHAKRISHNAN