IndiaDivine.org

Lakshmiji and other new members

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya.Dear Lakshmiji and other new members,Welcome to the group and I hope group members will take the time to address the different questions you have asked.For quite some time now, it has been a practice for us to forward a new member's introductory mail to the group. This is a family of Guruvayurappan devotees. We would like everyone to know who is the latest entrant to the family. We have people from different backgrounds, students, housewives, professionals situated in different countries, in this group. We have among our members several learned scholars and it is hoped that all of us will benefit from each other's devotion and knowledge. Your mail too was forwarded to the group in that same light. No offense meant.We also have some regular activities associated with the group:- 1) We have a monthly offering to Guruvayurappan in the form of "Navaneetham" a devotional magazine with contributions from members. Pl. check it

out at http://www.guruvayoor.com/ and click on Navaneetham - Guruvayoor Magazine. From this website you can also access the Ramayanam-in-30 days audio and the Bhagavatha nityaparayanam, both sung and recorded by Shri Sukumar, a member of this group, based in Canada. 2) We have started a Koti Naama Japa Yagnam of "Om Namo Narayanaya:" to pray to Guruvayoorappan to improve the conditions

in Guruvayur temple town, get blessings for all of us and to have more peace in this world. You can see the Naama japam site by clicking the following link - http://guruvayur.blogspot.com If you are interested to participate in the Koti Naama Yagnam, there are two ways to enter your naama japams. 1. send an email with your nama japam - only "Om Namo Narayanaya:" (generally 108, 51, 1008 etc) - to email guruvayur.kotiarchana 2. Second method is to join the Koti Archana web site with a GMAIL account (Google email); pl. send your gmail address to shashi_kartha so that you can be added as a blog member and then you can type your naama japams directly to our Koti Japam site.Regarding the questions that you have asked, I hope Shri KVGji will take the time to address the Narayaneeyam/VishnuSahasranam aspects. The Bhaktaranjini, a Malayalam commentary on Srimad Narayaneeyam, published in the 1930s, was authored by Brahmasri Mahopadhyaya

K.G. Vancheswara Sastry, KVGji's father. KVGji then wrote an English translation of it; pl. see http://www.narayaneeyam.com/ for more details.I request other members to join in and offer their comments/helpful suggestions. You can also browse the Files and Links section in the group archives and access some nice resources.Sarvam Sri Krishnaya Samarpayami.Moderators. laksmikantam <no_reply > wrote: Dear all, I was very surprised to see what I thought was a private email reply to the moderator (see post above) appear on the forum. Alas! My husband and I have read a sample of postings from the beginning and found them very uplifting. The website too is very reassuring. Thank you Sunil Menon for a job well done. When we were in Guruvayoor recently, I noticed that there was Lalita Sahasranamam parayanam. We are new to this. So please bear with us if we ask silly questions. How does the Lalita Sahasranmam fit it with the worship of Guruvayoor Appan? Which chant should we do daily - Narayaneeyam or

Lalita Sahasranamam or Vishnu Sahasranamam (which we noticed is not chanted at all in Guruvayoor). How about Hanuman Chalisa and Sree Suktam To keep the purity of the worship and to keep us focused on the spiritual path, we want to do only those chants that are specific Guruvayoor Krishna. Would anyone know of a good recording of the Narayaneeyam - like MS Subbalakshmi's recording of the Vishnu Sahasranamam and Hanuman Chalisa - MS' chanting stirs our souls. So is there a similar one of Narayaneeyam Can anyone help us with these questions? Thanks, Laksmi Om Namo Narayanaya.Group website: http://www.guruvayoor.com/Monthly magazine: www.guruvayoor.com/navaneetham

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.