IndiaDivine.org

Meditation----- for this Month. Mind's Quality Hatred -I

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hari OM!

Dear Narayanas in Masks,

This Article is by SWAMI PARAMARTHANADA OF CHENNAI. Those who are residing at Chennai Saturday and Sunday Swamiji takes classes at Astika Samajam, Venus Colony Alwarpet Chennai.

This Month's Quality is Hatred this is in two parts..... 1st Part this month.

Hatred Part-1

When any person or object creates displeasure in our mind, our first reaction is irritation or anger and this irritation or anger gets converted into hatred. Anger or irritation may be momentary but hatred remains permanently in the mind. Even after years, the very name of the person brings hatred in the mind and this hatred disturbs the mind. A mind filled with hatred can never be relaxed or peaceful. Hatred corrodes the mind like acid.

When we hate others our heart alone burns. Our mind alone is wounded. Therefore hatred is a punishment on ourselves for somebody else's mistake. When we develop hatred towards different people, different objects and different situations, our mind becomes completely unbalanced. It can never enjoy normal health. It becomes a sick mind. With this sick mind when we listen to Vedanta, the knowledge never registers in the mind. Even if the knowledge does register in such a mind, it becomes purely academic. It does not benefit us.

Therefore as seekers we should look upon hatred as a very serious chronic problem. Unless we treat it specially for a considerable length of time, hatred will never go. A casual approach can never work. So removing hatred must be an important project in our life. Day in and day out, we should remember this and always be alert.

Hatred comes because I am not able to stand this pleasure or discomfort. It is sign of weak mind. A weak mind gets irritated with people and things and a weak mind quickly develops hatred.

So the only way is to strengthen the mind. My mind should be strong enough to take any amount of shock or misbehavior from others without developing irritation or hatred. I may treat different people differently. But I do not develop hatred at all. Where there is a wound in the body, I may give painful treatment but I do not hate my body. In the same way, I may have to treat people sternly, I may have to deal with people differently.

But I make sure I do not develop hatred towards them. I am interested in their well being. I wish them well. I pray to God for their growth and maturity. This is possible only if my mind is very strong and I can strengthen my mind with prayer and auto suggestion.

I pray to Lord for giving me a strong mind and after every prayer I feel I am strong. I tell myself I am stronger. By the grace of God, I am mentally strong. I do not hate anyone in this world. I do not want to hate even the worst enemy whose only business is harming me. I sympathize with his immaturity. I pray for his growth. Though I suffer because of him, I do not want to hate him. I may not be able to love him. That requires more strength, but first let me give up hatred. I do not hate anyone. I do not hate anyone.

I am relaxed; I am relaxed; I am relaxed;

SÄNTOHAMSÄNTOHAMSÄNTOHAM

With Love & OM!

Krishna Prasad-- dotcompals: www.dotcompals.in

..Org domain Names for just 2.5 USDKrishna PrasadDare to give up the comfort of the 'known' and venture into the 'unknown' The more we know, the more we will come to realize what we do not know.

If we want to achieve our true potential and live life to the fullest. As Poojya Gurudev said it, "Open your eyes. Burst your shell. Spread your wings and fly!"Swami ChinmayanandaHate not the sinner - hate the sin; and always hate the sin even with an excess of hatred. "

Guest guest

|| Ôm Namo Narayanaya || So practical the prayer is ...

-"Krishna Prasad" <krishna.yogaguruvayur Sent: Saturday, March 8, 2008 7:31:51 AM (GMT+0530) Asia/Calcutta[Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Meditation-----> for this Month. Mind's Quality Hatred -I

Hari OM!

Dear Narayanas in Masks,

This Article is by SWAMI PARAMARTHANADA OF CHENNAI. Those who are residing at Chennai Saturday and Sunday Swamiji takes classes at Astika Samajam, Venus Colony Alwarpet Chennai.

This Month's Quality is Hatred this is in two parts..... 1st Part this month.

Hatred Part-1

When any person or object creates displeasure in our mind, our first reaction is irritation or anger and this irritation or anger gets converted into hatred. Anger or irritation may be momentary but hatred remains permanently in the mind. Even after years, the very name of the person brings hatred in the mind and this hatred disturbs the mind. A mind filled with hatred can never be relaxed or peaceful. Hatred corrodes the mind like acid.

When we hate others our heart alone burns. Our mind alone is wounded. Therefore hatred is a punishment on ourselves for somebody else's mistake. When we develop hatred towards different people, different objects and different situations, our mind becomes completely unbalanced. It can never enjoy normal health. It becomes a sick mind. With this sick mind when we listen to Vedanta, the knowledge never registers in the mind. Even if the knowledge does register in such a mind, it becomes purely academic. It does not benefit us.

Therefore as seekers we should look upon hatred as a very serious chronic problem. Unless we treat it specially for a considerable length of time, hatred will never go. A casual approach can never work. So removing hatred must be an important project in our life. Day in and day out, we should remember this and always be alert.

Hatred comes because I am not able to stand this pleasure or discomfort. It is sign of weak mind. A weak mind gets irritated with people and things and a weak mind quickly develops hatred.

So the only way is to strengthen the mind. My mind should be strong enough to take any amount of shock or misbehavior from others without developing irritation or hatred. I may treat different people differently. But I do not develop hatred at all. Where there is a wound in the body, I may give painful treatment but I do not hate my body. In the same way, I may have to treat people sternly, I may have to deal with people differently.

But I make sure I do not develop hatred towards them. I am interested in their well being. I wish them well. I pray to God for their growth and maturity. This is possible only if my mind is very strong and I can strengthen my mind with prayer and auto suggestion.

I pray to Lord for giving me a strong mind and after every prayer I feel I am strong. I tell myself I am stronger. By the grace of God, I am mentally strong. I do not hate anyone in this world. I do not want to hate even the worst enemy whose only business is harming me. I sympathize with his immaturity. I pray for his growth. Though I suffer because of him, I do not want to hate him. I may not be able to love him. That requires more strength, but first let me give up hatred. I do not hate anyone. I do not hate anyone.

I am relaxed; I am relaxed; I am relaxed;

SÄNTOHAMSÄNTOHAMSÄNTOHAM

With Love & OM!

Krishna Prasad-- dotcompals: www.dotcompals.in .Org domain Names for just 2.5 USDKrishna PrasadDare to give up the comfort of the 'known' and venture into the 'unknown' The more we know, the more we will come to realize what we do not know.If we want to achieve our true potential and live life to the fullest. As Poojya Gurudev said it, "Open your eyes. Burst your shell. Spread your wings and fly!"Swami ChinmayanandaHate not the sinner - hate the sin; and always hate the sin even with an excess of hatred."

|| Ôm shAnthih shAnthih shAnthih || *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. Love

sridhar«:*´`³¤³´`*:»§«:*´`³¤*:»§«:*´`³¤«:*´`³¤³´`*:» || Ôm lokAh samasthAh sukhino bhavanthu || «:*´`³¤³´`*:»§«:*´`³¤*:»§«:*´`³¤«:*´`³¤³´`*:» ******* kasthUrI thilakam lalAta phalakE vakshasthalE kausthubhamnAsAgrE navamaukthikam karathalE venum karE kankanam |

sarvAngE harichandanam cha kalayam kanthE cha mukthAvalImgOpastrI parivEshtitO vijayathE gOpAla chUdAmanI || ***********