IndiaDivine.org

RE: sudhakaran the minister/sub-group forum?/Hindu unity

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Sri Rama Jayam, Vinodji.Nice to see your post after some gap.Although I agree that the group should focus on spiritual matters, I do not think that starting a sub-group is a solution. We already have sub-groups for bhajan, arogya, sanskrit classes. I feel that as long as the discussions on religious topics are held in an agreeable manner without indulging in name calling or showing disrespect to other members, we can live with it! As a short term plan and to give people a sense of having taken some action, we could as a group put together a petition citing the greivances and send it to the Devaswom board. We did this when the 'Udayasthamana pooja' issue came up. We could do it again. If Sunilji agrees, maybe one of the members could take a lead and start by putting down on paper all the relevant points. The document would basically address the wrong/absurd policies that the minister and hence the Devaswom are propagating and the likely fall out of it.

And include some constructive suggestions.More crucially, I think the points raised by a couple of members about the lack of Hindu unity is worth pondering. Muslims and Christians have a few fundamental beliefs which binds them very strongly. And they take a lot of pride in practicing their beliefs. All very true. But one basic concept about Hinduism our leaders fail to publicize is this -- Put aside all the devas and devis and all the rituals? what do you have? Hinduism in its purest form advocates One Supreme Power-- call it by so many names, see it in so many forms - the paths to it are various, the destination is the same; whether one is an advaitin or a dwaitin one has to believe in the eternal principle of brotherhood of man under the fatherhood of this one great force. In addition, if you are an Advaitin you will believe firmly that the only dharmic and one desirable goal in life is for man to merge with God. Now why is it that so many people have problems

accepting this fact and prefer to think that my Rama is better than your Krishna or somebody else's God? I think it all boils down to the kind of education we give our kids and the kind of upbringing people have. Why is it that most convent schools have weekly moral science or catechism class and nobody to date thinks we should have a weekly Bhagavdgita class? Why is learning the slokas from the Gita only limited to some Gandhian style or so-called religious Hindu schools and not an order by law that requires every school in the state to atleast offer that option? I think these are fundamental issues that need to be addressed; as long as India continues to have its current style of democracy, and we don't have any control over who eventually rules us, problems are bound to happen and escalate. At least in some ways people like Sudhakaran are forthright in their views and you cannot be surprised by them. I think India needs to fear its religious leaders more who convince

the average Hindu that his greatest problem could be the Muslim in the neighborhood whose lineage is to blame for every problem Hindus have and not the saffron flag wielding Hindu guy next door whose only service to Hinduism is very likely just wearing the saffron color. Like Vivekananda said, see a poor person, don't think giving him charity is your dharma - teach him a skill to earn his bread and he will not beg any more. You will have rescued him for life. Along the same lines one can say: if you have a child - let the Gita go through him/her atleast once; you will have done Hinduism a favor. I think, this much, every one of us can do.Om Namo Narayanaya.Veena."PS, Vinod K (GE Infra, Energy)" <vinod.ps wrote: !! Sri Rama Jayam !! Dear Devotees, As stated by Shri Saseedharan & Shri Gopi, I repeat that the group in place is focussed only for Bhakti/spirituality

related topics. The topic raised here has more of a religious flavour than spirituality. Yes, it is quite IMP to discuss such things as well. These kind of discussions have occurred on numerous occasion & most of them were left open with no outcome at the end. That is not what we want. Om Namo Narayanaya.Group website: http://www.guruvayoor.com/Monthly magazine: www.guruvayoor.com/navaneetham

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.