IndiaDivine.org

Attukal Pongala - the strange experience of meera ch

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

HARI AUMThough a bit late, let me express my reaction please. Meera Chandranji, I do fully appreciate your write-up about the Attukal Pongala. In these things, I fully believe from my own experience that the common "LOGICs" do not have any place - they are beyond all those. Also, many of my close relatives do go there and perform this Pongala and I am also blessed through their prayers to Attukal Amma. However, for a real good experience of any Temple Darsan or offering one has to go there in person. Of course, as you said, there may be many occasions where one may not be able to do it and then as a second option there is no harm in adopting other means.With Regards,NB Nair. guruvayur , meera chandran <meera_chandran wrote:>> Om Namo Narayanaya> > Dear Nbji> > Please forgive me for writing such letters . I did Pongala for helping our group members . As I belongs to Trivandrum , it is easy for me. Many members residing other States and Gulf Countries cant come here . So I felt sad and did Pongala .> > I have desire to visit many temples (Vaikom Temple , Ambalapuzha Temple , Thirumathamkunne Temple ,Kasi , Rameswaram and many many other temples ) .But I cant reach there due to lots of reasons . So I can understand the feelings of others and dicided to do Pongala on behalf of our members .> > I wrote that letter just to inform the members .> > Second one > > I got information from a magazine that we can do the Pongala by sending some money to the Temple and they will send us the Prasadam .That information was not an advertisement .Pls dont take this in the wrong sense . I suggested the idea and no temple authorities have part in this. When a devotee asked this doubt in a book , they answered so . I found it and informed> > . Both males and females can do Pongala . But males hesitates to do it . Thats the matter . > > Pongala , Thulabharam , Sayanapradakshinam , ..etc are offerings . Each offering has its own importance . So I suggest the idea of sending money to the temple . Please there is no inner meaning for that. I thought If any one in our group has desire to do Pongala , this information will be helpful for them . > > Our mind is very important and not the cost of the offering .And I am not any agent of this . If we do Pongala from our home , Amma will recive it.We can do Pongala from any where .And we have to pray Amma to accept it.God is everywhere .But sometimes we desired to do offerings in the temple .So I suggested the idea > > From my early childhood I prays God for everything and when somebody helps me , I will find God in them . So I told that , Amma herself gave me that pot . I did one Pongala and the other by our group , not me . So the blessings are for you and not for me and that lady .> > > I loves hungry girl , mad women , old women and I always helps them . If money has no value . How can I help the poor people . If there is no internet how can we create our guruvayur group? , how can we meet ?, how can we join guruvayur devotees residing different countries ? , how can we type koti naama japam . Each and every thing in this world has its own value .Everything in this world is the creation of God . So we have to give value to each and everything . Something bad things will help us during the time of problems . > > Please take all this in the right sense . Sorry, if I am hurting you> > > > > nbnair2000 nbnair2000 wrote:> HARI AUM> Thank you very much "meera chandran" for the information (dated March 3, 08) that next year any one can get the blessings of Attukal Amma simply by sending money to some agency. Of course you did not specify the amount and whether males also can send money. Most probably money being money may be ok from any body. And the amount: naturally can be any thing, the blessings being proportional to the amount sent – that simple. Also, it was very interesting to read your post dated Feb 29, (Pls Dont Misunderstand -Attukal Pongala). And I was religiously following all those 12 comments that followed as well, including those from some of our learned devotees, whom I hold in very high esteem. You were very apologetic to start with. I am sure you were hesitating as there was no logic in saying that Attukal Amma came there to give you a mud pot. No sane soul could believe such a version. But, I really appreciate your courage to state frankly what ever was your experience and> feelings. Yes, it is that courage that most of the people, including me, lacks. > I did not have any difficulty in believing what ever you stated in its totality. Because I personally had a similar experience 50 years back when I was just 22 yrs. At that young dashing age I neither had the wisdom to understand it fully nor the courage to speak it out. But now you induced in me some sort of courage at least to mention about it! It was an episode involving that "ever naughty Makhan Chor" and none other than Lord Siv as "the haughty Kattalan" – His two diametrically opposite and extreme FORMS! Let me leave that here.> About the incident you narrated, I understand it as follows: You were intensely longing for a good mud pot and you were not getting it. The lady with whom you made the enquiry also being a true devotee of Amma could easily read your mind. But she had just for her need and could not spare one for you. Though she moved away from you your picture as a true devotee (Amma) got well etched in her mind. She would have felt that Amma is asking her for a pot! And she realized that you deserve it more than herself – the most blissful feeling that only a true devotee can ever have! She came back and gave that pot to you! Yes, it was the Attukal Amma in that blessed lady who gave you the pot. It is as simple as that: but only the blessed ones like you two can actually experience it. This experience is some thing really invaluable for you and at least to a lesser extent for all those who could believe in this episode too. Thank you for frankly sharing your experience.> However, I don't believe that by simply sending money for Attukal Pongala one can ever achieve any thing like what you have experienced.> Kindly consider my humble request: Accumulation of un-accounted wealth any where will finally become the hot bed for corruption and all sorts of unholy, antisocial activities. Never be a part of that; never encourage that; however noble it may really be, to start with. If you can't go all the way to Attukal and still want to make an offering to Amma, just think of Attukal Amma and look around; you will soon find Her in that old sick woman who badly needs some food, clothes or medicine; in that knowledge hungry girl wanting some text books or uniforms; in that mad woman in the street who throws mud at you and shower you with abuses; etc. Give what ever you want directly to Amma then and there – why depend on the Post Office or Internet when Amma is already that close to you?> With due regards to all fellow devotees, especially those who evoked these feelings in me,> NB Nair. > > > > > > > > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.>