IndiaDivine.org

Could anyone give clarification?????

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi all Bhakthas, I have read a story regarding arjuna and karna long ago when i was in my 6th or 7th standard. I would like to get clarification from you bcoz i don't know whether the story is correct or not. The story is as below. The great shivalinga extended all over the universe. Once there was an argument between Lord Vishnu and Lord Brahma that whom among them was supreme. On their way they met with shivlinga. They made a pronouncement. The one who find out the end of shivlinga is supreme. So the creator set out for finding the top end and the conserver for finding bottom end. Both travelled a long way but

were unable to find the end.

On his way Lord Brahma met with a flower(kaithappo) which was offered by a bhaktha to Lord Shiva. Brahma enticed the flower to lie. So kaithappo lied lord vishnu that she was collected by Brahma from the top of shivlinga. Vishnu acceped brahma. But then Lord Shiva appeared before them. He asked kaithappo whether Brahma was telling the truth. She said brahma collected her from the top of shivlinga. Shiva knew the truth so he became angry. The kaithappo was scared and she confessed. Shiva cursed kaithappo not to be taken for any poojakarma. He was still very angry. He pinched away one of the five heads of brahma. His skull is called kapala which is used by

shiva. Lord brahma was very much humiliated by this act which simulated his anger, so he went into meditation and created a demon who had a 1000 kavachas and 1000 kundalas for shielding him.He was furious and very powerful. He went after Lord Shiva. Shiva escaped from him and went to lord vishnu for help. He streched forward the kapala and asked for "bhiksha". Lord vishnu made a small cut on his hand and blood rushed out of it. Shiva collected the blood in his kapala. When it was full, he opened his third eye and from vishnu's blood and shiva's anger, a great warrior was born who was as red as fire. He had 1000 hands.

He defended Lord shiva from the demon. A fierce warfare was fought between the two. It lasted for many 1000 years. The war became so severe that the whole universe was unable to withstand it. The demon lost his 999 armor and 999 kundalas and the otherone lost his 998 hands.Then all the devas and trimurtis and stopped the war. But both were not satisfied so devas gave a boon that they will fulfil their desire in future.

The demon was born as Karna and the other one was born as arjuna. They continued their war in kurukshetra.

There are also many other stories of the past of arjuna and karna related to nara-narayana.

I would be happy if someone give a clarification on this story.

with prayers & Regards,Sreejith

Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now