IndiaDivine.org

Koti Nama Japam - please avoid attaching pictures

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

We agree that it looks nice and feel good when attaching God's

pictures to individual japams, BUT loading the Naama Japam page

becomes VERY VERY SLOW after many of us attach pictures..

Also, some of the picture attachments were very large and some other

pictures are with links to sites that was not even related to Bhakthi.

Why we direct anyone from our divine naama japam page to some site

that has no relation to Bhakthi whatsoever? (Sites selling CDs or Clothes)

My suggestion is to avoid having pictures in your naama japam if

possible, if you feel it is a must, then attach a small image that is

less than 70k in size. (appx. postal stamp size) And totally avoid

pictures lining to some other site.

Please do remember that, many people have dial-up connections and

loading a graphic filled page can be very slow for them. So, until the

world becomes real flat and everyone have fast broadband connection,

let us be considerate of every devotee from every part of the world.

Om Namo Narayanaya:

Sunil.

guruvayur , Kamala Lakshman <kamalalakshman

wrote:

>

> Om namo narayana

>

> I didn't notice the pictures on the top of the blog changing.

> Its the same picture all the time.

> I always add picture to my nama japam and I feel closer to

bhagavan when I do that. Dont really know why......but thats me I guess.

> prayers,

> Kamala Lakshman

>

> Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002 wrote:

> Om Namo Narayanaya

> Sunil Menon has done a wonderful job to our Koti Nama Japam Blog

with changing pictures of Bhagavan at the top. Those who add pictures

to their posts, can now concentrate more on the Nama Japam instead.

> In addition to Shrimathy Lakshmikutty Amma and her son Shashi

Kartha, Vijayaji's son Subramaniam also started contributing to our

yagnam. Blessed are these sons to have such wonderful mothers or is it

vice versa?. May Lord Guruvayoorappan bless all to have more members

to participate in completing this yagnam.

> Om Namo Narayanaya

> Chandrasekharan

> You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of

Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

>

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya.As one of the members who like to look at and add pictures (though I started to do so very recently!!), I am sorry I did not think about internet speed and connection issues.I think here is a good example of preyas and shreyas that Savitriji talked about in a recent post - one that is pleasurable to the senses (loading the pictures because one likes to look at them!!) and the other less pleasurable but greater good - thinking of the bigger impact - slowing down people who may have slow internet connections etc. and in general causing a general 'blog' block!.Pictures or no pictures, nama japam will always be the focus. An option (for the more ardent picture fans!!) may be to have a photo of Bhagwan at hand when doing the japam.Regards,Veena.Sunil Menon <menon_sunil wrote:

We agree that it looks nice and feel good when attaching God's pictures to individual japams, BUT loading the Naama Japam page becomes VERY VERY SLOW after many of us attach pictures.. ..... world becomes real flat and everyone have fast broadband connection, let us be considerate of every devotee from every part of the world. Om Namo Narayanaya: Sunil. guruvayur , Kamala Lakshman <kamalalakshman wrote: > > Om namo narayana > > I didn't notice the pictures on the top of the blog changing. > Its the same

picture all the time. > I always add picture to my nama japam and I feel closer to bhagavan when I do that. Dont really know why......but thats me I guess. > prayers, > Kamala Lakshman > > Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002 wrote: > Om Namo Narayanaya > Sunil Menon has done a wonderful job to our Koti Nama Japam Blog. Om Namo Narayanaya.Group website: http://www.guruvayoor.com/Monthly magazine: www.guruvayoor.com/navaneetham

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

Guest guest

Hi All Devotees,

Good suggestions to avoid pictures on top or bottom of the msgs., in particular, if that makes problems, even though I also done it occasionally.

Awfully sorry for it.

Raju.

guruvayur From: menon_sunilDate: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 23:39:30 +0000Re: [Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Koti Nama Japam - please avoid attaching pictures

We agree that it looks nice and feel good when attaching God'spictures to individual japams, BUT loading the Naama Japam pagebecomes VERY VERY SLOW after many of us attach pictures.. Also, some of the picture attachments were very large and some otherpictures are with links to sites that was not even related to Bhakthi.Why we direct anyone from our divine naama japam page to some sitethat has no relation to Bhakthi whatsoever? (Sites selling CDs or Clothes)My suggestion is to avoid having pictures in your naama japam ifpossible, if you feel it is a must, then attach a small image that isless than 70k in size. (appx. postal stamp size) And totally avoidpictures lining to some other site.Please do remember that, many people have dial-up connections andloading a graphic filled page can be very slow for them. So, until theworld becomes real flat and everyone have fast broadband connection,let us be considerate of every devotee from every part of the world.Om Namo Narayanaya:Sunil.guruvayur , Kamala Lakshman <kamalalakshmanwrote:>> Om namo narayana> > I didn't notice the pictures on the top of the blog changing. > Its the same picture all the time.> I always add picture to my nama japam and I feel closer tobhagavan when I do that. Dont really know why......but thats me I guess.> prayers,> Kamala Lakshman> > Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002 wrote:> Om Namo Narayanaya> Sunil Menon has done a wonderful job to our Koti Nama Japam Blogwith changing pictures of Bhagavan at the top. Those who add picturesto their posts, can now concentrate more on the Nama Japam instead. > In addition to Shrimathy Lakshmikutty Amma and her son ShashiKartha, Vijayaji's son Subramaniam also started contributing to ouryagnam. Blessed are these sons to have such wonderful mothers or is itvice versa?. May Lord Guruvayoorappan bless all to have more membersto participate in completing this yagnam.> Om Namo Narayanaya> Chandrasekharan > > > > > > > > You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month ofBlockbuster Total Access, No Cost.> Going green? See the top 12 foods to eat organic.