IndiaDivine.org

Meditation----- for this Month. Mind's Quality Hatred -2

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hari OM!

Dear Nara Narayanas,

Article is by SWAMI PARAMARTHANADA OF CHENNAI. Those who are residing at Chennai Saturday and Sunday Swamiji takes classes at Astika Samajam, Venus Colony Alwarpet Chennai.

Hatred Part-2

We again take up hatred or Dvesa now, more elaborately. Because of Dvesa, our mind is always disturbed and can never enjoy peace of mind. Our spiritual pursuit is blocked by this Dvesa. A mind filled with Dvesa can never gain knowledge, 'I am the whole, I am Brahman'. If we gain this knowledge, we would not reject anyone in this world. If we have to be Purnam, we cannot reject anything in this world. We have to accept everything, accommodate everything. We cannot hate anything in this world. In Gita, the Lord says, "Advesta sarvabhutanam".

If I have to get rid of this weakness, I should first discover that it is the biggest obstacle to my spiritual evolvement. Hatred against anyone is unjustifiable, illegitimate and harmful. Often I try to justify hatred. I describe the behavior or actions of the person I hate and I want to conclude that I can therefore hate that person. I want to find conditions for hatred. I even feel that I am right in hating that person. But remember, scriptures never agree with this view. There is no justified hatred at all. Hatred under all circumstances is unhealthy and it is an obstacle for liberation(moksha). People may behave in a perverse manner, their language may be crude, their actions may hurt others and often, I may be the victim. Scriptures do not say that I must blindly accept the situation. I can try my best to make that person improve and repent. I can change the situation. I may use reconciliation (Sama), concession (Dana), weakening (Bheda), or lastly punishment (Danda). Whatever I do, I should not hate the other person. In my heart of hearts I wish the person well. I do not curse the person. When there is wound in one of my limbs it gives me pain. I give treatment- sometimes painful treatment- but in my heart of hearts I do not hate that limb, because it is apart of myself. I give the treatment out of love alone. Similarly every human being is like one of my limbs. Some limbs are healthy and some are not so. But they all belong to me. I do not hate anyone. This is not an easy thing, but it is a must for all seekers. Without giving up hatred, all the study of scriptures will be of no value at all. I may become a scholar. I may quote from scriptures. I may teach the whole world but I will be a Samsari as long as I do not give up hatred. The scriptures give no choice in this. Hatred can be given up only when the mind is strong. A weak mind hates, a strong mind accepts. A weak mind rejects. A strong mind accommodates.

So I pray to the Lord to give me strength to accommodate all without hating anyone. Even if loving is difficult atleast I can stop hating anyone. I do not hate anyone. I accept all inspite of their weaknesses. I do not hate anyone.

I accept all; I accept all; I accept all.

SÄNTOHAMSÄNTOHAMSÄNTOHAM

Guest guest

Hello,What a great thought ! I feel it was LORD who prompted you to spread this message to one and all at this " Kalikala " . It is so unfortunate that those who are not members are not getting this message to read now, though it is all mentioned and we have read many a time in our Puranas.............

This kind of a brushing up of knowledge often would definitely work, in our busy days of life !Thanks a lot ; with regardsOn 13/04/2008, adidaiveekam <no_reply > wrote:

Hari OM!

Dear Nara Narayanas,

Article is by SWAMI PARAMARTHANADA OF CHENNAI. Those who are residing at Chennai Saturday and Sunday Swamiji takes classes at Astika Samajam, Venus Colony Alwarpet Chennai.

Hatred Part-2

We again take up hatred or Dvesa now, more elaborately. Because of Dvesa, our mind is always disturbed and can never enjoy peace of mind. Our spiritual pursuit is blocked by this Dvesa. A mind filled with Dvesa can never gain knowledge, 'I am the whole, I am Brahman'. If we gain this knowledge, we would not reject anyone in this world. If we have to be Purnam, we cannot reject anything in this world. We have to accept everything, accommodate everything. We cannot hate anything in this world. In Gita, the Lord says, " Advesta sarvabhutanam " .

If I have to get rid of this weakness, I should first discover that it is the biggest obstacle to my spiritual evolvement. Hatred against anyone is unjustifiable, illegitimate and harmful. Often I try to justify hatred. I describe the behavior or actions of the person I hate and I want to conclude that I can therefore hate that person. I want to find conditions for hatred. I even feel that I am right in hating that person. But remember, scriptures never agree with this view. There is no justified hatred at all. Hatred under all circumstances is unhealthy and it is an obstacle for liberation(moksha). People may behave in a perverse manner, their language may be crude, their actions may hurt others and often, I may be the victim. Scriptures do not say that I must blindly accept the situation. I can try my best to make that person improve and repent. I can change the situation. I may use reconciliation (Sama), concession (Dana), weakening (Bheda), or lastly punishment (Danda). Whatever I do, I should not hate the other person. In my heart of hearts I wish the person well. I do not curse the person. When there is wound in one of my limbs it gives me pain. I give treatment- sometimes painful treatment- but in my heart of hearts I do not hate that limb, because it is apart of myself. I give the treatment out of love alone. Similarly every human being is like one of my limbs. Some limbs are healthy and some are not so. But they all belong to me. I do not hate anyone. This is not an easy thing, but it is a must for all seekers. Without giving up hatred, all the study of scriptures will be of no value at all. I may become a scholar. I may quote from scriptures. I may teach the whole world but I will be a Samsari as long as I do not give up hatred. The scriptures give no choice in this. Hatred can be given up only when the mind is strong. A weak mind hates, a strong mind accepts. A weak mind rejects. A strong mind accommodates.

So I pray to the Lord to give me strength to accommodate all without hating anyone. Even if loving is difficult atleast I can stop hating anyone. I do not hate anyone. I accept all inspite of their weaknesses. I do not hate anyone.

I accept all; I accept all; I accept all.

SÄNTOHAMSÄNTOHAMSÄNTOHAM

-- Best regardsJayasree MenonBangalore+9900149461