IndiaDivine.org

The Attractor factor (was ARTICLE ... PLS..)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya.Dear Savitriji,It is interesting to read about your personal experiences and how you were able to change someone's mind/attitude.It will not be surprising to you that many management experts have used similar principles and actually advocate those to bring about tremendous changes in one's personal and professional lives. I recently browsed through a book written by Joe Vitale; he is the author of books titled 'The Key' and 'The attractor factor'. In The Key he is providing tips on how to attract the things you want in your life. He talks about a Hawaiin therapist Dr. Hew Len who taught him to simply say "I love you" to the divine power. Whatever God you believe in, whatever form you trust, just think of that power and say "I love you". Most of us, from our past and present circumstances, carry a lot of emotional baggage with us - it could be anger, frustration, sadness, resentment etc. Negative emotions actually block us from getting

what we want. One of the things Vitale suggests in his book is to think and mentally chant 'I love you' as often as you can to the Divine and be aware of that situation (or person) that is difficult or fills one with fear or anxiety. So why should this have an effect? Between Dr. Len and Vitale, they believe that just thinking and saying these words begins a cleansing process. "It appears that there is nothing out there. The entire world is a projection of what you feel inside. So, if you feel love, you will attract love. Because love contains gratitude, you attract more things to be grateful for." (p. 80 - The Key).As Eknath Easwaran puts it: "We can try to remember this always: the same Self that makes us worthy of respect and love is present equally in everyone around us. When we base our relationships on this unity, showing unwavering respect and unconditional love to all, we give them – and ourselves – a sure basis on which to stand.

Everyone responds to this. It is one of the surest ways I know of to make our latent divinity a reality in daily life." (fall 2007 issue of Blue Mountain).Finally, as Joe Vitale says, if somebody is very skeptical reading all this -- why not try it? It can not harm, for sure.Warm regards and prayers,Veena.Savitri Puram <savitriopuram wrote: Dear Jayashreeji, I perfectly agree. Only Guruvayurappan can change their mind and sometimes the only thing "karaneeyam" for us is to pray. Prayer will make a

change. I had several experiences like that. I will briefly explain one of my small experiences. When I came to this country (U.S.A.) 26 years ago, my exposure to western culture was only through the books. Because of the financial need, I studied and ventured to work. At my work place there was white lady by the name Carolyn, who was very mean to me. I was the only non- white to work there. She gave me so much hardship in so many ways and I went to work everyday crying like a kindergarten child going to school with all the anxieties. Because of my nature and the circumstances, I could not raise my voice or defend myself. I was not even confident to express myself in English even though my English was not pathetic. Then everyday I prayed Saraswathi devi and sincerely begged her to change Carolyn's mind with the slokam "vellappalunkuniramotha" Instead of "ennullatthil" I will replace "Carolinnullatthil".

Even during working, whenever I got time I chanted. I am sure I finished more than 1008 times in 10days. Om Namo Narayanaya.Group website: http://www.guruvayoor.com/Monthly magazine: www.guruvayoor.com/navaneetham

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya Dear All Please anybody send actual source (from Jayashreeji) of this mail. Also request to all do not delete the source while reply and try to keep below practice (as Sashiji sent before). Always respond to a topic by replying to the replies already sent by members which you find in your inbox. By replying to the mail using your ID try to make a chain of replies/responses

on the same subject. Although an exclusive chain on the same subject will not be practical, this would definitely reduce the number of mails on the same subject. With prayers SreeAnju"Veena A. Nair" <veeus18 wrote: Om Namo Narayanaya.Dear Savitriji,It is interesting to read about your personal experiences and how you were able to change someone's mind/attitude.It will not be surprising to you that many management experts have used similar principles and actually advocate those to bring about tremendous changes in one's personal and professional lives. I recently browsed through a book written by Joe Vitale; he is the author of books titled 'The Key' and 'The attractor factor'. In The Key he is providing tips on how to attract the things you want in your life. He talks about a Hawaiin therapist Dr. Hew Len who taught him to simply say "I love you" to the divine power. Whatever God you believe in, whatever form you trust, just think of that power and say

"I love you". Most of us, from our past and present circumstances, carry a lot of emotional baggage with us - it could be anger, frustration, sadness, resentment etc. Negative emotions actually block us from getting what we want. One of the things Vitale suggests in his book is to think and mentally chant 'I love you' as often as you can to the Divine and be aware of that situation (or person) that is difficult or fills one with fear or anxiety. So why should this have an effect? Between Dr. Len and Vitale, they believe that just thinking and saying these words begins a cleansing process. "It appears that there is nothing out there. The entire world is a projection of what you feel inside. So, if you feel love, you will attract love. Because love contains gratitude, you attract more things to be grateful for." (p. 80 - The Key).As Eknath Easwaran puts it: "We can try to remember this always: the same Self that makes us worthy of respect and

love is present equally in everyone around us. When we base our relationships on this unity, showing unwavering respect and unconditional love to all, we give them – and ourselves – a sure basis on which to stand. Everyone responds to this. It is one of the surest ways I know of to make our latent divinity a reality in daily life." (fall 2007 issue of Blue Mountain).Finally, as Joe Vitale says, if somebody is very skeptical reading all this -- why not try it? It can not harm, for sure.Warm regards and prayers,Veena.Savitri Puram <savitriopuram > wrote: Dear Jayashreeji,I perfectly agree. Only Guruvayurappan can change their mind andsometimes the only thing "karaneeyam" for us is to pray. Prayer willmake a change.I had several experiences like that. I will briefly explain one of mysmall

experiences. When I came to this country (U.S.A.) 26 years ago,my exposure to western culture was only through the books. Because ofthe financial need, I studied and ventured to work. At my work placethere was white lady by the name Carolyn, who was very mean to me. Iwas the only non- white to work there. She gave me so much hardship inso many ways and I went to work everyday crying like a kindergartenchild going to school with all the anxieties. Because of my nature andthe circumstances, I could not raise my voice or defend myself. I wasnot even confident to express myself in English even though my Englishwas not pathetic. Then everyday I prayed Saraswathi devi and sincerelybegged her to change Carolyn's mind with the slokam"vellappalunkuniramotha" Instead of "ennullatthil" I will replace"Carolinnullatthil". Even during working, whenever I got time Ichanted. I am sure I finished more than 1008 times in 10days.

Om Namo Narayanaya.Group website: http://www.guruvayoor.com/Monthly magazine: www.guruvayoor.com/navaneetham Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Dear Savitriji and Veenaji,

How very true!

Incidentally ,Management gurus,Mr.Stephen Covey and Mr.Shiv Khera as

also Mr.Deepak Chopra, say very much the same at various times ,in most

of their writings.

Savitriji,may i have the words of the Saraswathi shlokam which you have

referred?

Ohm Namo Narayanaya.

Girija.

guruvayur , " Veena A. Nair " <veeus18 wrote:

>

> Om Namo Narayanaya.

> Dear Savitriji,

> It is interesting to read about your personal experiences and how you

were able to change someone's mind/attitude.

> It will not be surprising to you that many management experts have

used similar principles and actually advocate those to bring about

tremendous changes in one's personal and professional lives.

>

> I recently browsed through a book written by Joe Vitale; he is the

author of books titled 'The Key' and 'The attractor factor'. In The Key

he is providing tips on how to attract the things you want in your life.

He talks about a Hawaiin therapist Dr. Hew Len who taught him to simply

say " I love you " to the divine power. Whatever God you believe in,

whatever form you trust, just think of that power and say " I love you " .

Most of us, from our past and present circumstances, carry a lot of

emotional baggage with us - it could be anger, frustration, sadness,

resentment etc. Negative emotions actually block us from getting what we

want. One of the things Vitale suggests in his book is to think and

mentally chant 'I love you' as often as you can to the Divine and be

aware of that situation (or person) that is difficult or fills one with

fear or anxiety.

> So why should this have an effect?

> Between Dr. Len and Vitale, they believe that just thinking and saying

these words begins a cleansing process.

> " It appears that there is nothing out there. The entire world is a

projection of what you feel inside. So, if you feel love, you will

attract love. Because love contains gratitude, you attract more things

to be grateful for. " (p. 80 - The Key).

>

> As Eknath Easwaran puts it:

> " We can try to remember this always: the same Self that makes us

worthy of respect and love is present equally in everyone around us.

When we base our relationships on this unity, showing unwavering respect

and unconditional love to all, we give them – and ourselves – a

sure basis on which to stand. Everyone responds to this. It is one of

the surest ways I know of to make our latent divinity a reality in daily

life. " (fall 2007 issue of Blue Mountain).

>

> Finally, as Joe Vitale says, if somebody is very skeptical reading all

this -- why not try it? It can not harm, for sure.

>

> Warm regards and prayers,

> Veena.

>

> Savitri Puram savitriopuram wrote: Dear Jayashreeji,

>

> I perfectly agree. Only Guruvayurappan can change their mind and

> sometimes the only thing " karaneeyam " for us is to pray. Prayer will

> make a change.

>

> I had several experiences like that. I will briefly explain one of my

> small experiences. When I came to this country (U.S.A.) 26 years ago,

> my exposure to western culture was only through the books. Because of

> the financial need, I studied and ventured to work. At my work place

> there was white lady by the name Carolyn, who was very mean to me. I

> was the only non- white to work there. She gave me so much hardship in

> so many ways and I went to work everyday crying like a kindergarten

> child going to school with all the anxieties. Because of my nature and

> the circumstances, I could not raise my voice or defend myself. I was

> not even confident to express myself in English even though my English

> was not pathetic. Then everyday I prayed Saraswathi devi and sincerely

> begged her to change Carolyn's mind with the slokam

> " vellappalunkuniramotha " Instead of " ennullatthil " I will replace

> " Carolinnullatthil " . Even during working, whenever I got time I

> chanted. I am sure I finished more than 1008 times in 10days.

Om Namo Narayanaya.

> Group website: http://www.guruvayoor.com/

> Monthly magazine: www.guruvayoor.com/navaneetham

>

>

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try

it now.

>

Guest guest

Dear Veenaji,

It is interesting to read your mail about the subject. As you said, the entire world is a projection of what you feel inside. It is all how you react to every situation, But to react positively, we need His blessings. Often we forget that and try to solve everything ourselves. Thanks for reinforcing this one more time.

I am sure you know the subtle details of Druapadi,s story. In case, anybody else is benefited, I will briefly state that below. Sri Krishna and Rukmini were sitting playing some board game and suddenly Krishna became very disturbed. He stopped playing and started walking inside the room very stressed. Rukmini was very surprised to see her Krishna disturbed about something. He is beyond all worries and concerns and why this? So she asked about it. Krishna said, Rukmini, Draupadi is in big crisis. I want to help her because she is a devotee of mine. But she is not calling me. Dussasanan is disrobing her and she is holding the saree with her hands and focusing on her strength to fight against the mighty Dussasana. I cannot go until she calls me for help and hand over the responsibilty to me. So I am disturbed. He waited and after realizing that she could not do much agaist Dussasana, she remembered Krishna and holding the saree with one hand and doing namaskaar with the other hand she addressed Him as " Dwarakavasin " ( one who resides in Dwaraka) and cried. Krishna was still waiting and finally she did Namaskaar with both hands and addressed Him as " Viswatman " ( the soul of the whole universe who is present everywhere) and then He immediately left Dwaraka to save her. He waited until Draupadi completely surrendered to him and had the realization that He was present everywhere and not just in Dwaraka, He is omnipresent and Omnipotent. Story goes like this: Draupadi asks Krishna: " Krishna, why are you so late to come and help me " ? Krishna jokingly says: " Draupadi, you called me Dwarakavasin and I had to come from Dwaraka to Hasthinapuram and it took some time. "

I am not sure whether this is exactly the way the story is given in Bhagavatham. But this explanation is very useful to bring the point to light. I do not remember seeing an exact description in Bhagavatham. I have to do some more research about that. My mother told this story and I am writing this from my memory. Please do correct any mistakes.

May Guruvayurappan bless us to surrender to Him unconditionally!

Regards and prayers

Savitri

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 10:15 PM, Veena A. Nair <veeus18 wrote:

Om Namo Narayanaya.Dear Savitriji,It is interesting to read about your personal experiences and how you were able to change someone's mind/attitude.It will not be surprising to you that many management experts have used similar principles and actually advocate those to bring about tremendous changes in one's personal and professional lives.

I recently browsed through a book written by Joe Vitale; he is the author of books titled 'The Key' and 'The attractor factor'. In The Key he is providing tips on how to attract the things you want in your life. He talks about a Hawaiin therapist Dr. Hew Len who taught him to simply say " I love you " to the divine power. Whatever God you believe in, whatever form you trust, just think of that power and say " I love you " . Most of us, from our past and present circumstances, carry a lot of emotional baggage with us - it could be anger, frustration, sadness, resentment etc. Negative emotions actually block us from getting what we want. One of the things Vitale suggests in his book is to think and mentally chant 'I love you' as often as you can to the Divine and be aware of that situation (or person) that is difficult or fills one with fear or anxiety.

So why should this have an effect? Between Dr. Len and Vitale, they believe that just thinking and saying these words begins a cleansing process. " It appears that there is nothing out there. The entire world is a projection of what you feel inside. So, if you feel love, you will attract love. Because love contains gratitude, you attract more things to be grateful for. " (p. 80 - The Key).

As Eknath Easwaran puts it: " We can try to remember this always: the same Self that makes us worthy of respect and love is present equally in everyone around us. When we base our relationships on this unity, showing unwavering respect and unconditional love to all, we give them – and ourselves – a sure basis on which to stand. Everyone responds to this. It is one of the surest ways I know of to make our latent divinity a reality in daily life. " (fall 2007 issue of Blue Mountain).

Finally, as Joe Vitale says, if somebody is very skeptical reading all this -- why not try it? It can not harm, for sure.Warm regards and prayers,Veena.Savitri Puram <savitriopuram wrote:

Dear Jayashreeji,I perfectly agree. Only Guruvayurappan can change their mind andsometimes the only thing " karaneeyam " for us is to pray. Prayer willmake a change.I had several experiences like that. I will briefly explain one of my

small experiences. When I came to this country (U.S.A.) 26 years ago,my exposure to western culture was only through the books. Because ofthe financial need, I studied and ventured to work. At my work placethere was white lady by the name Carolyn, who was very mean to me. I

was the only non- white to work there. She gave me so much hardship inso many ways and I went to work everyday crying like a kindergartenchild going to school with all the anxieties. Because of my nature andthe circumstances, I could not raise my voice or defend myself. I was

not even confident to express myself in English even though my Englishwas not pathetic. Then everyday I prayed Saraswathi devi and sincerelybegged her to change Carolyn's mind with the slokam " vellappalunkuniramotha " Instead of " ennullatthil " I will replace

" Carolinnullatthil " . Even during working, whenever I got time Ichanted. I am sure I finished more than 1008 times in 10days. Om Namo Narayanaya.Group website: http://www.guruvayoor.com/

Monthly magazine: www.guruvayoor.com/navaneetham

Guest guest

Dear Girijaji,

The slokam is in Malayalam and very simple:

Vellappalunku niramottha vidagdharoopi,

Kallam kalanju kamalatthilezhunna sakthi

vellatthile thirakal thalli varum kanakku

ennullatthil vannu vilayaadu Saraswathi Nee.

If Guruvayurappan is sending Saraswathi Devi to produce the never ending waves of knowledge in our mind , what else we need? All our desires, thoughts, words and actions will be the most appropriate with Her blessings. See how clever is our Kannan? He sends Saraswathi devi to us and along with Saraswathi Devi in the form of of the waves of knowledge we surrender to Him! Amazing are the ways of Krishna!

Regards and prayers

savitri

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 1:23 AM, girijajaysankar <girijajaysankar wrote:

Dear Savitriji and Veenaji,How very true!Incidentally ,Management gurus,Mr.Stephen Covey and Mr.Shiv Khera asalso Mr.Deepak Chopra, say very much the same at various times ,in mostof their writings.

Savitriji,may i have the words of the Saraswathi shlokam which you havereferred?Ohm Namo Narayanaya.Girija.

guruvayur , " Veena A. Nair " <veeus18 wrote:>> Om Namo Narayanaya.> Dear Savitriji,

> It is interesting to read about your personal experiences and how youwere able to change someone's mind/attitude.> It will not be surprising to you that many management experts haveused similar principles and actually advocate those to bring about

tremendous changes in one's personal and professional lives.>> I recently browsed through a book written by Joe Vitale; he is theauthor of books titled 'The Key' and 'The attractor factor'. In The Key

he is providing tips on how to attract the things you want in your life.He talks about a Hawaiin therapist Dr. Hew Len who taught him to simplysay " I love you " to the divine power. Whatever God you believe in,

whatever form you trust, just think of that power and say " I love you " .Most of us, from our past and present circumstances, carry a lot ofemotional baggage with us - it could be anger, frustration, sadness,

resentment etc. Negative emotions actually block us from getting what wewant. One of the things Vitale suggests in his book is to think andmentally chant 'I love you' as often as you can to the Divine and be

aware of that situation (or person) that is difficult or fills one withfear or anxiety.> So why should this have an effect?> Between Dr. Len and Vitale, they believe that just thinking and sayingthese words begins a cleansing process.

> " It appears that there is nothing out there. The entire world is aprojection of what you feel inside. So, if you feel love, you willattract love. Because love contains gratitude, you attract more things

to be grateful for. " (p. 80 - The Key).>> As Eknath Easwaran puts it:> " We can try to remember this always: the same Self that makes usworthy of respect and love is present equally in everyone around us.

When we base our relationships on this unity, showing unwavering respectand unconditional love to all, we give them – and ourselves – asure basis on which to stand. Everyone responds to this. It is one ofthe surest ways I know of to make our latent divinity a reality in daily

life. " (fall 2007 issue of Blue Mountain).>> Finally, as Joe Vitale says, if somebody is very skeptical reading allthis -- why not try it? It can not harm, for sure.>> Warm regards and prayers,

> Veena.>> Savitri Puram savitriopuram wrote: Dear Jayashreeji, >> I perfectly agree. Only Guruvayurappan can change their mind and> sometimes the only thing " karaneeyam " for us is to pray. Prayer will> make a change.>

> I had several experiences like that. I will briefly explain one of my> small experiences. When I came to this country (U.S.A.) 26 years ago,> my exposure to western culture was only through the books. Because of

> the financial need, I studied and ventured to work. At my work place> there was white lady by the name Carolyn, who was very mean to me. I> was the only non- white to work there. She gave me so much hardship in

> so many ways and I went to work everyday crying like a kindergarten> child going to school with all the anxieties. Because of my nature and> the circumstances, I could not raise my voice or defend myself. I was

> not even confident to express myself in English even though my English> was not pathetic. Then everyday I prayed Saraswathi devi and sincerely> begged her to change Carolyn's mind with the slokam

> " vellappalunkuniramotha " Instead of " ennullatthil " I will replace> " Carolinnullatthil " . Even during working, whenever I got time I> chanted. I am sure I finished more than 1008 times in 10days.

>>>>>>> Om Namo Narayanaya.> Group website: http://www.guruvayoor.com/> Monthly magazine: www.guruvayoor.com/navaneetham

>> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Tryit now.>

Guest guest

Dear Savitri ji, I would like to add to the episode which you narrated. Sri Krishna's reply to Draupadi was - " I was addressed as Dwaraka vaasin, Gokula vaasin and so on. Hence I had to go to those places before I came here. Had you addressed me "Mamahridaya Vaasin" (one who dwelt in ones heart), I would have come running straight away". The Lord Himself has said that He was not in Palazhi or Vaikunta. He always dwelt in the heart of His bhakthas. That reminds me of the great way of starting ones day which once Savitriji suggested (Message 9314) - by making our Hridayakamalam bloom and imagining Sri Guruvayurappan as standing on it while reciting Dasaka 38 (Sri Krishna Avatharam). Thanks for sharing this beautiful way of remembering our Lord the first thing in the morning.

With prayers, Krishnapriya Savitri Puram <savitriopuram wrote: Dear Veenaji, It is interesting to read your mail about the subject. As you said, the entire world is a projection of what you feel inside. It is all how you react to every situation, But to react positively, we need His blessings. Often we forget that and try to solve everything ourselves.

Thanks for reinforcing this one more time. I am sure you know the subtle details of Druapadi,s story. In case, anybody else is benefited, I will briefly state that below. Sri Krishna and Rukmini were sitting playing some board game and suddenly Krishna became very disturbed. He stopped playing and started walking inside the room very stressed. Rukmini was very surprised to see her Krishna disturbed about something. He is beyond all worries and concerns and why this? So she asked about it. Krishna said, Rukmini, Draupadi is in big crisis. I want to help her because she is a devotee of mine. But she is not calling me. Dussasanan is disrobing her and she is holding the saree with her hands and focusing on her strength to fight against the mighty Dussasana. I cannot go until she calls me for help and hand over the responsibilty to me. So I am disturbed. He waited and after realizing that she could not do much agaist Dussasana, she

remembered Krishna and holding the saree with one hand and doing namaskaar with the other hand she addressed Him as "Dwarakavasin" ( one who resides in Dwaraka) and cried. Krishna was still waiting and finally she did Namaskaar with both hands and addressed Him as "Viswatman" ( the soul of the whole universe who is present everywhere) and then He immediately left Dwaraka to save her. He waited until Draupadi completely surrendered to him and had the realization that He was present everywhere and not just in Dwaraka, He is omnipresent and Omnipotent. Story goes like this: Draupadi asks Krishna: "Krishna, why are you so late to come and help me"? Krishna jokingly says: "Draupadi, you called me Dwarakavasin and I had to come from Dwaraka to Hasthinapuram and it took some time." I am not sure whether this is exactly the way the story is given in Bhagavatham. But this explanation is very useful to

bring the point to light. I do not remember seeing an exact description in Bhagavatham. I have to do some more research about that. My mother told this story and I am writing this from my memory. Please do correct any mistakes. May Guruvayurappan bless us to surrender to Him unconditionally! Regards and prayers Savitri On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 10:15 PM, Veena A. Nair <veeus18 > wrote: Om Namo Narayanaya.Dear Savitriji,It is interesting to read about your personal experiences and how you were able to change someone's mind/attitude.It will not be surprising to you

that many management experts have used similar principles and actually advocate those to bring about tremendous changes in one's personal and professional lives. I recently browsed through a book written by Joe Vitale; he is the author of books titled 'The Key' and 'The attractor factor'. In The Key he is providing tips on how to attract the things you want in your life. He talks about a Hawaiin therapist Dr. Hew Len who taught him to simply say "I love you" to the divine power. Whatever God you believe in, whatever form you trust, just think of that power and say "I love you". Most of us, from our past and present circumstances, carry a lot of emotional baggage with us - it could be anger, frustration, sadness, resentment etc. Negative emotions actually block us from getting what we want. One of the things Vitale suggests in his book is to think and mentally chant 'I love you' as often as you can to the Divine and be aware of that situation (or person) that

is difficult or fills one with fear or anxiety. So why should this have an effect? Between Dr. Len and Vitale, they believe that just thinking and saying these words begins a cleansing process. "It appears that there is nothing out there. The entire world is a projection of what you feel inside. So, if you feel love, you will attract love. Because love contains gratitude, you attract more things to be grateful for." (p. 80 - The Key).As Eknath Easwaran puts it: "We can try to remember this always: the same Self that makes us worthy of respect and love is present equally in everyone around us. When we base our relationships on this unity, showing unwavering respect and unconditional love to all, we give them – and ourselves – a sure basis on which to stand. Everyone responds to this. It is one of the surest ways I know of to make our latent divinity a reality in daily life." (fall 2007 issue of Blue Mountain).Finally, as Joe Vitale says, if

somebody is very skeptical reading all this -- why not try it? It can not harm, for sure.Warm regards and prayers,Veena.Savitri Puram <savitriopuram > wrote: Dear Jayashreeji,I perfectly agree. Only Guruvayurappan can change their mind andsometimes the only thing "karaneeyam" for us is to pray. Prayer willmake a change.I had several experiences like that. I will briefly explain one of mysmall experiences. When I came to this country (U.S.A.) 26 years ago,my exposure to western culture was only through the books. Because ofthe financial need, I studied and ventured to work. At my work placethere was white lady by the name Carolyn, who was very mean to me. Iwas the only non- white to work there. She gave me so much hardship inso many ways and I

went to work everyday crying like a kindergartenchild going to school with all the anxieties. Because of my nature andthe circumstances, I could not raise my voice or defend myself. I wasnot even confident to express myself in English even though my Englishwas not pathetic. Then everyday I prayed Saraswathi devi and sincerelybegged her to change Carolyn's mind with the slokam"vellappalunkuniramotha" Instead of "ennullatthil" I will replace"Carolinnullatthil". Even during working, whenever I got time Ichanted. I am sure I finished more than 1008 times in 10days. Om Namo Narayanaya.Group website: http://www.guruvayoor.com/Monthly magazine: www.guruvayoor.com/navaneetham Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Dear Savitriji,

humble thanks for your prompt response.

i shall memorize this shlokam and repeat during my daily prayers.

Ohm Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya.

guruvayur , " Savitri Puram " <savitriopuram

wrote:

>

> Dear Girijaji,

>

> The slokam is in Malayalam and very simple:

>

> Vellappalunku niramottha vidagdharoopi,

> Kallam kalanju kamalatthilezhunna sakthi

> vellatthile thirakal thalli varum kanakku

> ennullatthil vannu vilayaadu Saraswathi Nee.

>

> If Guruvayurappan is sending Saraswathi Devi to produce the never

ending

> waves of knowledge in our mind , what else we need? All our desires,

> thoughts, words and actions will be the most appropriate with Her

blessings.

> See how clever is our Kannan? He sends Saraswathi devi to us and

along with

> Saraswathi Devi in the form of of the waves of knowledge we surrender

to

> Him! Amazing are the ways of Krishna!

>

>

> Regards and prayers

>

> savitri

> On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 1:23 AM, girijajaysankar <

> girijajaysankar wrote:

>

> >

> > Dear Savitriji and Veenaji,

> >

> > How very true!

> >

> > Incidentally ,Management gurus,Mr.Stephen Covey and Mr.Shiv Khera as

> > also Mr.Deepak Chopra, say very much the same at various times ,in

most

> > of their writings.

> >

> > Savitriji,may i have the words of the Saraswathi shlokam which you

have

> > referred?

> >

> > Ohm Namo Narayanaya.

> >

> > Girija.

> >

> > guruvayur <guruvayur%40>,

" Veena A.

> > Nair " veeus18@ wrote:

> > >

> > > Om Namo Narayanaya.

> > > Dear Savitriji,

> > > It is interesting to read about your personal experiences and how

you

> > were able to change someone's mind/attitude.

> > > It will not be surprising to you that many management experts have

> > used similar principles and actually advocate those to bring about

> > tremendous changes in one's personal and professional lives.

> > >

> > > I recently browsed through a book written by Joe Vitale; he is the

> > author of books titled 'The Key' and 'The attractor factor'. In The

Key

> > he is providing tips on how to attract the things you want in your

life.

> > He talks about a Hawaiin therapist Dr. Hew Len who taught him to

simply

> > say " I love you " to the divine power. Whatever God you believe in,

> > whatever form you trust, just think of that power and say " I love

you " .

> > Most of us, from our past and present circumstances, carry a lot of

> > emotional baggage with us - it could be anger, frustration, sadness,

> > resentment etc. Negative emotions actually block us from getting

what we

> > want. One of the things Vitale suggests in his book is to think and

> > mentally chant 'I love you' as often as you can to the Divine and be

> > aware of that situation (or person) that is difficult or fills one

with

> > fear or anxiety.

> > > So why should this have an effect?

> > > Between Dr. Len and Vitale, they believe that just thinking and

saying

> > these words begins a cleansing process.

> > > " It appears that there is nothing out there. The entire world is a

> > projection of what you feel inside. So, if you feel love, you will

> > attract love. Because love contains gratitude, you attract more

things

> > to be grateful for. " (p. 80 - The Key).

> > >

> > > As Eknath Easwaran puts it:

> > > " We can try to remember this always: the same Self that makes us

> > worthy of respect and love is present equally in everyone around us.

> > When we base our relationships on this unity, showing unwavering

respect

> > and unconditional love to all, we give them – and ourselves

– a

> > sure basis on which to stand. Everyone responds to this. It is one

of

> > the surest ways I know of to make our latent divinity a reality in

daily

> > life. " (fall 2007 issue of Blue Mountain).

> > >

> > > Finally, as Joe Vitale says, if somebody is very skeptical reading

all

> > this -- why not try it? It can not harm, for sure.

> > >

> > > Warm regards and prayers,

> > > Veena.

> > >

> > > Savitri Puram savitriopuram@ wrote: Dear Jayashreeji,

> > >

> > > I perfectly agree. Only Guruvayurappan can change their mind and

> > > sometimes the only thing " karaneeyam " for us is to pray. Prayer

will

> > > make a change.

> > >

> > > I had several experiences like that. I will briefly explain one of

my

> > > small experiences. When I came to this country (U.S.A.) 26 years

ago,

> > > my exposure to western culture was only through the books. Because

of

> > > the financial need, I studied and ventured to work. At my work

place

> > > there was white lady by the name Carolyn, who was very mean to me.

I

> > > was the only non- white to work there. She gave me so much

hardship in

> > > so many ways and I went to work everyday crying like a

kindergarten

> > > child going to school with all the anxieties. Because of my nature

and

> > > the circumstances, I could not raise my voice or defend myself. I

was

> > > not even confident to express myself in English even though my

English

> > > was not pathetic. Then everyday I prayed Saraswathi devi and

sincerely

> > > begged her to change Carolyn's mind with the slokam

> > > " vellappalunkuniramotha " Instead of " ennullatthil " I will replace

> > > " Carolinnullatthil " . Even during working, whenever I got time I

> > > chanted. I am sure I finished more than 1008 times in 10days.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Group website: http://www.guruvayoor.com/

> > > Monthly magazine: www.guruvayoor.com/navaneetham

> > >

> > >

> > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile.

Try

> > it now.

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Krishnapriyaji,

I have also read the same instance. At the time of vastrakshepa draupati cried out as "Krishna Dwarakavasin help me ". Then it some time for him to help her.

At the time crisis due durvasav maharshi (related to akshaya patra) she prayed as " Krishna Mamahridayavasin help me". Then he came to rescue at once.

Later he narrates the reason. First time draupadi addressed krishna as "Dwarakavasin", and there is a distance between dwaraka and hasthinapuri and it caused the delay.

Later she addressed as "Mamahridayavasin"(who resides in my heart), the distance is nill so he came to rescue at once.

"Om namoh: Bhagavathe vasudevaya"

Regards,

Sreejith--- On Thu, 24/4/08, Krishnapriya <skandapotri wrote:

Krishnapriya <skandapotriRe: [Guruvayur] The Attractor factor (was ARTICLE ... PLS..)guruvayur Date: Thursday, 24 April, 2008, 7:18 PM

Dear Savitri ji,

I would like to add to the episode which you narrated. Sri Krishna's reply to Draupadi was - " I was addressed as Dwaraka vaasin, Gokula vaasin and so on. Hence I had to go to those places before I came here. Had you addressed me "Mamahridaya Vaasin" (one who dwelt in ones heart), I would have come running straight away".

The Lord Himself has said that He was not in Palazhi or Vaikunta. He always dwelt in the heart of His bhakthas. That reminds me of the great way of starting ones day which once Savitriji suggested (Message 9314) - by making our Hridayakamalam bloom and imagining Sri Guruvayurappan as standing on it while reciting Dasaka 38 (Sri Krishna Avatharam). Thanks for sharing this beautiful way of remembering our Lord the first thing in the morning.

With prayers,

Krishnapriya

Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Veenaji,

It is interesting to read your mail about the subject. As you said, the entire world is a projection of what you feel inside. It is all how you react to every situation, But to react positively, we need His blessings. Often we forget that and try to solve everything ourselves. Thanks for reinforcing this one more time.

I am sure you know the subtle details of Druapadi,s story. In case, anybody else is benefited, I will briefly state that below. Sri Krishna and Rukmini were sitting playing some board game and suddenly Krishna became very disturbed. He stopped playing and started walking inside the room very stressed. Rukmini was very surprised to see her Krishna disturbed about something. He is beyond all worries and concerns and why this? So she asked about it. Krishna said, Rukmini, Draupadi is in big crisis. I want to help her because she is a devotee of mine. But she is not calling me. Dussasanan is disrobing her and she is holding the saree with her hands and focusing on her strength to fight against the mighty Dussasana. I cannot go until she calls me for help and hand over the responsibilty to me. So I am disturbed. He waited and after realizing that she could not do much agaist Dussasana, she remembered Krishna and holding the saree with one hand and

doing namaskaar with the other hand she addressed Him as "Dwarakavasin" ( one who resides in Dwaraka) and cried. Krishna was still waiting and finally she did Namaskaar with both hands and addressed Him as "Viswatman" ( the soul of the whole universe who is present everywhere) and then He immediately left Dwaraka to save her. He waited until Draupadi completely surrendered to him and had the realization that He was present everywhere and not just in Dwaraka, He is omnipresent and Omnipotent. Story goes like this: Draupadi asks Krishna: "Krishna, why are you so late to come and help me"? Krishna jokingly says: "Draupadi, you called me Dwarakavasin and I had to come from Dwaraka to Hasthinapuram and it took some time."

I am not sure whether this is exactly the way the story is given in Bhagavatham. But this explanation is very useful to bring the point to light. I do not remember seeing an exact description in Bhagavatham. I have to do some more research about that. My mother told this story and I am writing this from my memory. Please do correct any mistakes.

Regards and prayers

Savitri

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 10:15 PM, Veena A. Nair <veeus18 > wrote:

Om Namo Narayanaya.Dear Savitriji,It is interesting to read about your personal experiences and how you were able to change someone's mind/attitude.It will not be surprising to you that many management experts have used similar principles and actually advocate those to bring about tremendous changes in one's personal and professional lives. I recently browsed through a book written by Joe Vitale; he is the author of books titled 'The Key' and 'The attractor factor'. In The Key he is providing tips on how to attract the things you want in your life. He talks about a Hawaiin therapist Dr. Hew Len who taught him to simply say "I love you" to the divine power. Whatever God you believe in, whatever form you trust, just think of that power and say "I love you". Most of us, from our past and present circumstances, carry a lot of emotional baggage with us - it could be anger, frustration, sadness, resentment etc. Negative emotions

actually block us from getting what we want. One of the things Vitale suggests in his book is to think and mentally chant 'I love you' as often as you can to the Divine and be aware of that situation (or person) that is difficult or fills one with fear or anxiety. So why should this have an effect? Between Dr. Len and Vitale, they believe that just thinking and saying these words begins a cleansing process. "It appears that there is nothing out there. The entire world is a projection of what you feel inside. So, if you feel love, you will attract love. Because love contains gratitude, you attract more things to be grateful for." (p. 80 - The Key).As Eknath Easwaran puts it: "We can try to remember this always: the same Self that makes us worthy of respect and love is present equally in everyone around us. When we base our relationships on this unity, showing unwavering respect and unconditional love to all, we give them –

and ourselves – a sure basis on which to stand. Everyone responds to this. It is one of the surest ways I know of to make our latent divinity a reality in daily life." (fall 2007 issue of Blue Mountain).Finally, as Joe Vitale says, if somebody is very skeptical reading all this -- why not try it? It can not harm, for sure.Warm regards and prayers,Veena.Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Jayashreeji,I perfectly agree. Only Guruvayurappan can change their mind andsometimes the only thing "karaneeyam" for us is to pray. Prayer willmake a change.I had several experiences like that. I will briefly explain one of mysmall experiences. When I came to this country (U.S.A.) 26 years ago,my exposure to western culture was only through the books. Because ofthe financial need, I studied and ventured to work. At my work placethere was white lady by the name Carolyn, who was very mean to me. Iwas the only non- white to work there. She gave me so much hardship inso many ways and I went to work everyday crying like a kindergartenchild going to school with all the anxieties. Because of my nature andthe circumstances, I could not raise my voice or defend myself. I wasnot even confident to express myself in English even though my Englishwas not pathetic. Then everyday I prayed

Saraswathi devi and sincerelybegged her to change Carolyn's mind with the slokam"vellappalunkuniram o tha" Instead of "ennullatthil" I will replace"Carolinnullatthil" . Even during working, whenever I got time Ichanted. I am sure I finished more than 1008 times in 10days. Om Namo Narayanaya.Group website: http://www.guruvayo or.com/Monthly magazine: www.guruvayoor. com/navaneetham

Best Jokes, Best Friends, Best Food. Get all this and more on Best of .

Guest guest

Dear Krishnapriya,

That is excellent. Addressing Him as Mamahrudayavaasin is the best. He is in you and cannot be nearer than that. Thanks for sharing the more powerful version of it. See how satsangam helps us to think of Him more? Since I read your mail, I feel like rewriting my version with yours. I never thought about this or had chance to read about this. Thanks Krishnapriya for the wonderful addendum.

I do try to open my Hridayakamalam in the morning and do Guruvayurappan's prathishtha there. Also since I was fortunate to do 36 days of Bhajan in Guruvayur in the last 2 years, I feel I know every nook and corner of Guruvayur temple. So every morning while saying two Guruvayurappa suprabhahthams I imagine that I stand in the queue, walk slowly enjoying all that happens in the pradakshina patham and then go inside and pray. This I do twice. I even imagine waiting near Ayyappa swami for the priests to finish taking the payasam from the outer oottupura to inside the naalambalam via the southside door. Also I imagine people doing atipradakshinam, shayana pradakshinam, kuunikkuruvaaral, an even the dwarapaalakaas shouting at all people including me to move forward! Then by the time I finish inside after praying Krishna, Ganapathi, Kurooramma, Padmanabha swami, Hanuman, and Thaamarakkannan and Bhagavathy (outside) I have finished a lot of prayers. Then I do one more time with my second suprabhatham. Then I walk to Mammiyoor by chanting all the other suprabhathams and there is Siva, Parvathy, Ganapathy, Subramanya swami, Ayyappan and Mahavishnu!. I really feel that 10,000 miles distance becomes zero miles when I do this. Of course then I go to my house too to do Soundarya Lahari infront of Thirumaandhaam kunnilamma. Sankaraacharyar said that Samayaachaaram or dhaharaakaasha pooja ( doing worship in your hridayaakaasham) is very satisfying. Even a very ordinary person like me feels the happiness after doing this in the morning. I explained this because if anybody is missing going to Guruvayoor, they can very well adopt this way if it suits them. Krishnapriya, after doing this everyday, when you really reach Guruvayoor, you feel that you are seeing him in person. I always think whe I am there: Guruvayoorappa, I am going to see you in person today because I am here. But I may have to take countless janmaas to see him, does not matter, we are advised by great seers to consider this as saadhya janmam and continue saadhana with all our sincere effort.

Thank you for making me think more abou the relevance of this story of draupadi.

Regards and prayers

savitri

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 8:48 AM, Krishnapriya <skandapotri wrote:

Dear Savitri ji,

I would like to add to the episode which you narrated. Sri Krishna's reply to Draupadi was - " I was addressed as Dwaraka vaasin, Gokula vaasin and so on. Hence I had to go to those places before I came here. Had you addressed me " Mamahridaya Vaasin " (one who dwelt in ones heart), I would have come running straight away " .

The Lord Himself has said that He was not in Palazhi or Vaikunta. He always dwelt in the heart of His bhakthas. That reminds me of the great way of starting ones day which once Savitriji suggested (Message 9314) - by making our Hridayakamalam bloom and imagining Sri Guruvayurappan as standing on it while reciting Dasaka 38 (Sri Krishna Avatharam). Thanks for sharing this beautiful way of remembering our Lord the first thing in the morning.

With prayers,

Krishnapriya

Savitri Puram <savitriopuram wrote:

Dear Veenaji,

I am sure you know the subtle details of Druapadi,s story. In case, anybody else is benefited, I will briefly state that below. Sri Krishna and Rukmini were sitting playing some board game and suddenly Krishna became very disturbed. He stopped playing and started walking inside the room very stressed. Rukmini was very surprised to see her Krishna disturbed about something. He is beyond all worries and concerns and why this? So she asked about it. Krishna said, Rukmini, Draupadi is in big crisis. I want to help her because she is a devotee of mine. But she is not calling me. Dussasanan is disrobing her and she is holding the saree with her hands and focusing on her strength to fight against the mighty Dussasana. I cannot go until she calls me for help and hand over the responsibilty to me. So I am disturbed. He waited and after realizing that she could not do much agaist Dussasana, she remembered Krishna and holding the saree with one hand and doing namaskaar with the other hand she addressed Him as " Dwarakavasin " ( one who resides in Dwaraka) and cried. Krishna was still waiting and finally she did Namaskaar with both hands and addressed Him as " Viswatman " ( the soul of the whole universe who is present everywhere) and then He immediately left Dwaraka to save her. He waited until Draupadi completely surrendered to him and had the realization that He was present everywhere and not just in Dwaraka, He is omnipresent and Omnipotent. Story goes like this: Draupadi asks Krishna: " Krishna, why are you so late to come and help me " ? Krishna jokingly says: " Draupadi, you called me Dwarakavasin and I had to come from Dwaraka to Hasthinapuram and it took some time. "

Regards and prayers

Savitri

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 10:15 PM, Veena A. Nair <veeus18 wrote:

Om Namo Narayanaya.Dear Savitriji,It is interesting to read about your personal experiences and how you were able to change someone's mind/attitude.It will not be surprising to you that many management experts have used similar principles and actually advocate those to bring about tremendous changes in one's personal and professional lives.

I recently browsed through a book written by Joe Vitale; he is the author of books titled 'The Key' and 'The attractor factor'. In The Key he is providing tips on how to attract the things you want in your life. He talks about a Hawaiin therapist Dr. Hew Len who taught him to simply say " I love you " to the divine power. Whatever God you believe in, whatever form you trust, just think of that power and say " I love you " . Most of us, from our past and present circumstances, carry a lot of emotional baggage with us - it could be anger, frustration, sadness, resentment etc. Negative emotions actually block us from getting what we want. One of the things Vitale suggests in his book is to think and mentally chant 'I love you' as often as you can to the Divine and be aware of that situation (or person) that is difficult or fills one with fear or anxiety.

So why should this have an effect? Between Dr. Len and Vitale, they believe that just thinking and saying these words begins a cleansing process. " It appears that there is nothing out there. The entire world is a projection of what you feel inside. So, if you feel love, you will attract love. Because love contains gratitude, you attract more things to be grateful for. " (p. 80 - The Key).

As Eknath Easwaran puts it: " We can try to remember this always: the same Self that makes us worthy of respect and love is present equally in everyone around us. When we base our relationships on this unity, showing unwavering respect and unconditional love to all, we give them – and ourselves – a sure basis on which to stand. Everyone responds to this. It is one of the surest ways I know of to make our latent divinity a reality in daily life. " (fall 2007 issue of Blue Mountain).

Finally, as Joe Vitale says, if somebody is very skeptical reading all this -- why not try it? It can not harm, for sure.Warm regards and prayers,Veena.Savitri Puram <savitriopuram wrote:

Dear Jayashreeji,I perfectly agree. Only Guruvayurappan can change their mind andsometimes the only thing " karaneeyam " for us is to pray. Prayer willmake a change.I had several experiences like that. I will briefly explain one of my

small experiences. When I came to this country (U.S.A.) 26 years ago,my exposure to western culture was only through the books. Because ofthe financial need, I studied and ventured to work. At my work placethere was white lady by the name Carolyn, who was very mean to me. I

was the only non- white to work there. She gave me so much hardship inso many ways and I went to work everyday crying like a kindergartenchild going to school with all the anxieties. Because of my nature andthe circumstances, I could not raise my voice or defend myself. I was

not even confident to express myself in English even though my Englishwas not pathetic. Then everyday I prayed Saraswathi devi and sincerelybegged her to change Carolyn's mind with the slokam " vellappalunkuniramotha " Instead of " ennullatthil " I will replace

" Carolinnullatthil " . Even during working, whenever I got time Ichanted. I am sure I finished more than 1008 times in 10days. Om Namo Narayanaya.Group website: http://www.guruvayoor.com/

Monthly magazine: www.guruvayoor.com/navaneetham

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya

I totally agree with Savithriji and I too do daily pradikshanam of Guruvayoor Temple mentally, and sometime open the following mail that I have saved which is not mine but was posted in our group from Bhakthapriya long time back. Few of our senior members know about this. I am posting again for those who have joined recently to read.

"For centuries hundreds and thousands of devotees have made their way to Guruvayur temple and sought solace before the Lord, pouring out their hearts, releasing pent up emotions and expressing their love for Guruvayurappan as they gave thanks and made offerings for the blessings He has bestowed upon them. In sublime poetry that will never be surpassed, the great Melputhur has expressed the depths of his feelings for the Lord of Guruvayur. Poonthanam, in his own way has echoed him. There is no dearth of material about people's feelings for Guruvayurappan since every man and woman who comes before Him has a reaction that is individual and deeply personal. In that I am no different. The difficulty however is finding out how to write about the experience, of finding a new angle, a new insight and new way of saying what has already been said so many times.

All attempts to do this cause doubt and hesitation. Emotions and feelings about the Lord, well up and then subside, deflated by the knowledge of all those who have preceded me. And then, strangely, it is in that thought that an idea comes to me; the fact that every pilgrim, every devotee is like a grain of sand on an endless beach. Collectively anonymous but still an essential part of the beach. Suddenly I think of what it is like to make one's pradakshinams, to go round the temple and if one's thoughts drift off in that direction to consider the hundreds and millions of feet that have walked before and yet to come behind. It is sobering, like realizing the smallness of a grain of sand. And yet, it is in that thought that though I understand my insignificance, I know that, like the grain of sand belonging to the beach, I too am part of Guruvayur.

It seems these thoughts have taken hold of my mind and in my inner eye I am again walking around the temple. My feet feel the smoothness of the stones, the perfection of their angles, and how they have been cut to turn the corners. For a moment I glance at the small, incised double square marking the spot where Adi Sankaracharya landed from his celestial chariot. And so it is that in just a few moments I have made a whole round and am struggling past theflag-mast, jostling and straining to catch the sustaining flicker of the sanctum's lamps. Then, once more, I am making another round.Only now does the thought strike me that every round is the same, every step a retracing of the previous round and that every time I am brought back to the same spot. And it is there, by the flag-mast that I experience the same yearning, a longing for even the briefest confirmation of the sanctum's divine inhabitant. And

yet, for all this awareness I also know that no two rounds are ever the same. The starting point that one is brought back to is always different, the way ahead always changing. It is like the sea, always in motion, always following the dictates of the tides, the waves endlessly moving towards and away from the beach. Always the same and always different. Guruvayur is not a large and sprawling complex and yet it is extraordinary how it's clearly defined space has so many moods and seasons. In a single round it can change, the crowds of one round inexplicably evaporating on the next one. The jostling before the flag-mast there and gone the next. The rolling bodies of those doing sayana-pradakshinam blocking the pradakshina-vazhi on one round and not to be seen on the next one. As I pause and consider these thoughts I understand how often everything changes. I see how the pre-dawn darkness

lifts and the sun rises and pours it's light down into the temple and then relentlessly, again like the sea, effortlessly and endlessly bringing change to that which is unchanging. I watch with my inner-eye, seeing how as the day begins sunlight fills the temple and how it later begins to fade away as the day ends. I see the temple filling up with devotees and suddenly being cleared for seeveli. I see elephants and musicians accompanying the Lord around His temple.

And it is as seeveli occupies my mind that I now look at the procession more carefully. I watch the elephant taking the Lord around His universe, I notice the lips of the priest whispering ancient manthras and observe the ribbon of devotees following behind, unfolding endlessly as their numbers swell. And I join them, walking behind the elephant, stunned as always by the sense of connection I feel. The tiniest grain of sand, the most insignificant of devotees yet counting my blessings. The day moves on, evening falls and the temple dances into a different light, emotions welling as all hearts soar during deepardhana, a rite showing us the Lord and confirming the power of fire of light even as the world slips into night's darkness. The sun has made its passage around both the world and the world that is the temple; devotees have unconsciously echoed it's journey and soon the day has slipped away.I now move

invisibly through the day's concluding rituals, seeing once more how the thousands of oil lamps around the temple spring magically alight as eager devotees grab gratefully at the chance of lighting them. And I recall the personal blessings I have experienced when it has been my privilege to do the same and how the concentration of touching the flickering flame to the small thiri intensifies the mind and reduces one's whole world to lighting one tiny lamp for the Lord. I watch the Vilakku, the slow majesty of the five elephants moving in a glow of light, of flaming pandams. I hear the plaintive nadaswaram and wonder how each night it can be the same and yet every single night stir the spirit as if for the first time. And so, almost timidly I come to what has powered the hearts of all those who visit the temple, nervously taking my thoughts into the line for darshan, wonder how I can express myself. I feel myself standing in line, soaked in

hot, held in the proximity of those around me. And, as always I am almost blissfully unaware of their presence, alone and focused in anticipation, waiting for the moment when, at last, there is a surge forward and I am carried down toward the Lord.Suddenly my mind and body are funneling along the dim passage and then I am finally before the sanctum. Hardly a glimpse, no more than an impression of brief images, my eyes greedily alighting on the Lord, on the dark stone, the garlands and jewels, the sea of flickering lamps. And it is as these images are being stored in my mind's eye that the spirit within goes still, the briefest of moments seeming to stretch for all eternity as, unconsciously. I absorb, drinking like a thirsty man at an oasis. Then everyday reality returns and the moment is over and as I move away I gratefully count my blessings. > ... copyright - Bhaktapriya "

Unquote.

Pardon me for this lengthy mail and hope this will help some one to walk around the temple mentally when the desire arise to do it by reading this.

Om Namo Narayanaya

Chandrasekharan Menon

Savitri Puram <savitriopuramguruvayur Sent: Friday, April 25, 2008 4:59:21 AMRe: [Guruvayur] The Attractor factor (was ARTICLE ... PLS..)

Dear Krishnapriya,

That is excellent. Addressing Him as Mamahrudayavaasin is the best. He is in you and cannot be nearer than that. Thanks for sharing the more powerful version of it. See how satsangam helps us to think of Him more? Since I read your mail, I feel like rewriting my version with yours. I never thought about this or had chance to read about this. Thanks Krishnapriya for the wonderful addendum.

I do try to open my Hridayakamalam in the morning and do Guruvayurappan's prathishtha there. Also since I was fortunate to do 36 days of Bhajan in Guruvayur in the last 2 years, I feel I know every nook and corner of Guruvayur temple. So every morning while saying two Guruvayurappa suprabhahthams I imagine that I stand in the queue, walk slowly enjoying all that happens in the pradakshina patham and then go inside and pray. This I do twice. I even imagine waiting near Ayyappa swami for the priests to finish taking the payasam from the outer oottupura to inside the naalambalam via the southside door. Also I imagine people doing atipradakshinam, shayana pradakshinam, kuunikkuruvaaral, an even the dwarapaalakaas shouting at all people including me to move forward! Then by the time I finish inside after praying Krishna, Ganapathi, Kurooramma, Padmanabha swami, Hanuman, and Thaamarakkannan and Bhagavathy (outside) I have finished a lot of prayers.

Then I do one more time with my second suprabhatham. Then I walk to Mammiyoor by chanting all the other suprabhathams and there is Siva, Parvathy, Ganapathy, Subramanya swami, Ayyappan and Mahavishnu!. I really feel that 10,000 miles distance becomes zero miles when I do this. Of course then I go to my house too to do Soundarya Lahari infront of Thirumaandhaam kunnilamma. Sankaraacharyar said that Samayaachaaram or dhaharaakaasha pooja ( doing worship in your hridayaakaasham) is very satisfying. Even a very ordinary person like me feels the happiness after doing this in the morning. I explained this because if anybody is missing going to Guruvayoor, they can very well adopt this way if it suits them. Krishnapriya, after doing this everyday, when you really reach Guruvayoor, you feel that you are seeing him in person. I always think whe I am there: Guruvayoorappa, I am going to see you in person today because I am here. But I may have to

take countless janmaas to see him, does not matter, we are advised by great seers to consider this as saadhya janmam and continue saadhana with all our sincere effort.

Thank you for making me think more abou the relevance of this story of draupadi.

Regards and prayers

savitri

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 8:48 AM, Krishnapriya <skandapotri@ > wrote:

Dear Savitri ji,

I would like to add to the episode which you narrated. Sri Krishna's reply to Draupadi was - " I was addressed as Dwaraka vaasin, Gokula vaasin and so on. Hence I had to go to those places before I came here. Had you addressed me "Mamahridaya Vaasin" (one who dwelt in ones heart), I would have come running straight away".

With prayers,

Krishnapriya

Dear Veenaji,

I am sure you know the subtle details of Druapadi,s story. In case, anybody else is benefited, I will briefly state that below. Sri Krishna and Rukmini were sitting playing some board game and suddenly Krishna became very disturbed. He stopped playing and started walking inside the room very stressed. Rukmini was very surprised to see her Krishna disturbed about something. He is beyond all worries and concerns and why this? So she asked about it. Krishna said, Rukmini, Draupadi is in big crisis. I want to help her because she is a devotee of mine. But she is not calling me. Dussasanan is disrobing her and she is holding the saree with her hands and focusing on her strength to fight against the mighty Dussasana. I cannot go until she calls me for help and hand over the responsibilty to me. So I am disturbed. He waited and after realizing that she could not do much agaist Dussasana, she remembered Krishna and holding the saree with one hand and

doing namaskaar with the other hand she addressed Him as "Dwarakavasin" ( one who resides in Dwaraka) and cried. Krishna was still waiting and finally she did Namaskaar with both hands and addressed Him as "Viswatman" ( the soul of the whole universe who is present everywhere) and then He immediately left Dwaraka to save her. He waited until Draupadi completely surrendered to him and had the realization that He was present everywhere and not just in Dwaraka, He is omnipresent and Omnipotent. Story goes like this: Draupadi asks Krishna: "Krishna, why are you so late to come and help me"? Krishna jokingly says: "Draupadi, you called me Dwarakavasin and I had to come from Dwaraka to Hasthinapuram and it took some time."

Regards and prayers

Savitri

Om Namo Narayanaya.Dear Savitriji,It is interesting to read about your personal experiences and how you were able to change someone's mind/attitude.It will not be surprising to you that many management experts have used similar principles and actually advocate those to bring about tremendous changes in one's personal and professional lives. I recently browsed through a book written by Joe Vitale; he is the author of books titled 'The Key' and 'The attractor factor'. In The Key he is providing tips on how to attract the things you want in your life. He talks about a Hawaiin therapist Dr. Hew Len who taught him to simply say "I love you" to the divine power. Whatever God you believe in, whatever form you trust, just think of that power and say "I love you". Most of us, from our past and present circumstances, carry a lot of emotional baggage with us - it could be anger, frustration, sadness, resentment etc. Negative emotions

actually block us from getting what we want. One of the things Vitale suggests in his book is to think and mentally chant 'I love you' as often as you can to the Divine and be aware of that situation (or person) that is difficult or fills one with fear or anxiety. So why should this have an effect? Between Dr. Len and Vitale, they believe that just thinking and saying these words begins a cleansing process. "It appears that there is nothing out there. The entire world is a projection of what you feel inside. So, if you feel love, you will attract love. Because love contains gratitude, you attract more things to be grateful for." (p. 80 - The Key).As Eknath Easwaran puts it: "We can try to remember this always: the same Self that makes us worthy of respect and love is present equally in everyone around us. When we base our relationships on this unity, showing unwavering respect and unconditional love to all, we give them –

and ourselves – a sure basis on which to stand. Everyone responds to this. It is one of the surest ways I know of to make our latent divinity a reality in daily life." (fall 2007 issue of Blue Mountain).Finally, as Joe Vitale says, if somebody is very skeptical reading all this -- why not try it? It can not harm, for sure.Warm regards and prayers,Veena.Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Jayashreeji,I perfectly agree. Only Guruvayurappan can change their mind andsometimes the only thing "karaneeyam" for us is to pray. Prayer willmake a change.I had several experiences like that. I will briefly explain one of mysmall experiences. When I came to this country (U.S.A.) 26 years ago,my exposure to western culture was only through the books. Because ofthe financial need, I studied and ventured to work. At my work placethere was white lady by the name Carolyn, who was very mean to me. Iwas the only non- white to work there. She gave me so much hardship inso many ways and I went to work everyday crying like a kindergartenchild going to school with all the anxieties. Because of my nature andthe circumstances, I could not raise my voice or defend myself. I wasnot even confident to express myself in English even though my Englishwas not pathetic. Then everyday I prayed

Saraswathi devi and sincerelybegged her to change Carolyn's mind with the slokam"vellappalunkuniramo tha" Instead of "ennullatthil" I will replace"Carolinnullatthil". Even during working, whenever I got time Ichanted. I am sure I finished more than 1008 times in 10days. Om Namo Narayanaya.Group website: http://www.guruvayo or.com/Monthly magazine: www.guruvayoor. com/navaneetham

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya : Dear Chandrasekharan ji, This nice article appeared in the July 2004 issue of Bhakthapriya and the authors name is Pepita. With prayers, KrishnapriyaChandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002 wrote: Om Namo Narayanaya I totally agree with Savithriji and I too do daily pradikshanam of Guruvayoor Temple mentally, and sometime open the following mail that

I have saved which is not mine but was posted in our group from Bhakthapriya long time back. Few of our senior members know about this. I am posting again for those who have joined recently to read. Quote "For centuries hundreds and thousands of devotees have made their way to Guruvayur temple and sought solace before the Lord, pouring out their hearts, releasing pent up emotions and expressing their love for Guruvayurappan as they gave thanks and made offerings for the blessings He has bestowed upon them. In sublime poetry that will never be surpassed, the great Melputhur has expressed the depths of his feelings for the Lord of Guruvayur. Poonthanam, in his own way has echoed him. There is no dearth of material about people's feelings for Guruvayurappan since every man and woman who comes before Him has a reaction that is individual and deeply personal. In that I am no different. The difficulty

however is finding out how to write about the experience, of finding a new angle, a new insight and new way of saying what has already been said so many times. All attempts to do this cause doubt and hesitation. Emotions and feelings about the Lord, well up and then subside, deflated by the knowledge of all those who have preceded me. And then, strangely, it is in that thought that an idea comes to me; the fact that every pilgrim, every devotee is like a grain of sand on an endless beach. Collectively anonymous but still an essential part of the beach. Suddenly I think of what it is like to make one's pradakshinams, to go round the temple and if one's thoughts drift off in that direction to consider the hundreds and millions of feet that have walked before and yet to come behind. It is sobering, like realizing the smallness of a grain of sand. And yet, it is in that thought that though I understand my insignificance, I

know that, like the grain of sand belonging to the beach, I too am part of Guruvayur. It seems these thoughts have taken hold of my mind and in my inner eye I am again walking around the temple. My feet feel the smoothness of the stones, the perfection of their angles, and how they have been cut to turn the corners. For a moment I glance at the small, incised double square marking the spot where Adi Sankaracharya landed from his celestial chariot. And so it is that in just a few moments I have made a whole round and am struggling past theflag-mast, jostling and straining to catch the sustaining flicker of the sanctum's lamps. Then, once more, I am making another round.Only now does the thought strike me that every round is the same, every step a retracing of the previous round and that every time I am brought back to the same spot. And it is there, by the flag-mast that I experience the same yearning,

a longing for even the briefest confirmation of the sanctum's divine inhabitant. And yet, for all this awareness I also know that no two rounds are ever the same. The starting point that one is brought back to is always different, the way ahead always changing. It is like the sea, always in motion, always following the dictates of the tides, the waves endlessly moving towards and away from the beach. Always the same and always different. Guruvayur is not a large and sprawling complex and yet it is extraordinary how it's clearly defined space has so many moods and seasons. In a single round it can change, the crowds of one round inexplicably evaporating on the next one. The jostling before the flag-mast there and gone the next. The rolling bodies of those doing sayana-pradakshinam blocking the pradakshina-vazhi on one round and not to be seen on the next one. As I pause and consider these

thoughts I understand how often everything changes. I see how the pre-dawn darkness lifts and the sun rises and pours it's light down into the temple and then relentlessly, again like the sea, effortlessly and endlessly bringing change to that which is unchanging. I watch with my inner-eye, seeing how as the day begins sunlight fills the temple and how it later begins to fade away as the day ends. I see the temple filling up with devotees and suddenly being cleared for seeveli. I see elephants and musicians accompanying the Lord around His temple. And it is as seeveli occupies my mind that I now look at the procession more carefully. I watch the elephant taking the Lord around His universe, I notice the lips of the priest whispering ancient manthras and observe the ribbon of devotees following behind, unfolding endlessly as their numbers swell. And I join them, walking behind the elephant, stunned as always by the sense of

connection I feel. The tiniest grain of sand, the most insignificant of devotees yet counting my blessings. The day moves on, evening falls and the temple dances into a different light, emotions welling as all hearts soar during deepardhana, a rite showing us the Lord and confirming the power of fire of light even as the world slips into night's darkness. The sun has made its passage around both the world and the world that is the temple; devotees have unconsciously echoed it's journey and soon the day has slipped away.I now move invisibly through the day's concluding rituals, seeing once more how the thousands of oil lamps around the temple spring magically alight as eager devotees grab gratefully at the chance of lighting them. And I recall the personal blessings I have experienced when it has been my privilege to do the same and how the concentration of touching the flickering flame to the small thiri intensifies the mind and reduces

one's whole world to lighting one tiny lamp for the Lord. I watch the Vilakku, the slow majesty of the five elephants moving in a glow of light, of flaming pandams. I hear the plaintive nadaswaram and wonder how each night it can be the same and yet every single night stir the spirit as if for the first time. And so, almost timidly I come to what has powered the hearts of all those who visit the temple, nervously taking my thoughts into the line for darshan, wonder how I can express myself. I feel myself standing in line, soaked in hot, held in the proximity of those around me. And, as always I am almost blissfully unaware of their presence, alone and focused in anticipation, waiting for the moment when, at last, there is a surge forward and I am carried down toward the Lord.Suddenly my mind and body are funneling along the dim passage and then I am finally before the sanctum. Hardly a glimpse, no more than an impression of brief images, my eyes

greedily alighting on the Lord, on the dark stone, the garlands and jewels, the sea of flickering lamps. And it is as these images are being stored in my mind's eye that the spirit within goes still, the briefest of moments seeming to stretch for all eternity as, unconsciously. I absorb, drinking like a thirsty man at an oasis. Then everyday reality returns and the moment is over and as I move away I gratefully count my blessings. > ... copyright - Bhaktapriya " Unquote. Pardon me for this lengthy mail and hope this will help some one to walk around the temple mentally when the desire arise to do it by reading this. Om Namo Narayanaya Chandrasekharan Menon Savitri Puram <savitriopuram >guruvayur Sent: Friday, April 25, 2008 4:59:21 AMRe: [Guruvayur] The Attractor factor (was ARTICLE ... PLS..) Dear Krishnapriya, That is excellent. Addressing Him as Mamahrudayavaasin is the best. He is in you and cannot be nearer than that. Thanks for sharing the more powerful version of it. See how satsangam helps us to think of Him more? Since I read your mail, I feel like rewriting my version with yours. I never thought about this or had chance to read about this. Thanks Krishnapriya for the wonderful addendum. I do try to open my Hridayakamalam in the morning and do Guruvayurappan's prathishtha there. Also since I was fortunate to do 36 days of Bhajan in Guruvayur in the last 2 years, I feel I know every

nook and corner of Guruvayur temple. So every morning while saying two Guruvayurappa suprabhahthams I imagine that I stand in the queue, walk slowly enjoying all that happens in the pradakshina patham and then go inside and pray. This I do twice. I even imagine waiting near Ayyappa swami for the priests to finish taking the payasam from the outer oottupura to inside the naalambalam via the southside door. Also I imagine people doing atipradakshinam, shayana pradakshinam, kuunikkuruvaaral, an even the dwarapaalakaas shouting at all people including me to move forward! Then by the time I finish inside after praying Krishna, Ganapathi, Kurooramma, Padmanabha swami, Hanuman, and Thaamarakkannan and Bhagavathy (outside) I have finished a lot of prayers. Then I do one more time with my second suprabhatham. Then I walk to Mammiyoor by chanting all the other suprabhathams and there is Siva, Parvathy, Ganapathy, Subramanya swami, Ayyappan and Mahavishnu!. I really feel that

10,000 miles distance becomes zero miles when I do this. Of course then I go to my house too to do Soundarya Lahari infront of Thirumaandhaam kunnilamma. Sankaraacharyar said that Samayaachaaram or dhaharaakaasha pooja ( doing worship in your hridayaakaasham) is very satisfying. Even a very ordinary person like me feels the happiness after doing this in the morning. I explained this because if anybody is missing going to Guruvayoor, they can very well adopt this way if it suits them. Krishnapriya, after doing this everyday, when you really reach Guruvayoor, you feel that you are seeing him in person. I always think whe I am there: Guruvayoorappa, I am going to see you in person today because I am here. But I may have to take countless janmaas to see him, does not matter, we are advised by great seers to consider this as saadhya janmam and continue saadhana with all our sincere effort. Thank you for making me think more abou

the relevance of this story of draupadi. Regards and prayers savitri On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 8:48 AM, Krishnapriya <skandapotri@ > wrote: Dear Savitri ji, I would like to add to the episode which you narrated. Sri Krishna's reply to Draupadi was - " I was addressed as Dwaraka vaasin, Gokula vaasin and so on. Hence I had to go to those places before I came here. Had you addressed me "Mamahridaya Vaasin" (one who dwelt in ones heart), I would have come running straight away". The Lord Himself has said that He was not in Palazhi or Vaikunta. He always dwelt in the heart of His bhakthas. That reminds me of the great way of starting ones day which once Savitriji suggested (Message 9314) - by making our Hridayakamalam bloom and imagining Sri Guruvayurappan as standing on it while reciting Dasaka 38 (Sri Krishna Avatharam). Thanks for sharing this beautiful way of remembering our Lord the first thing in the morning. With prayers, Krishnapriya Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com> wrote: Dear

Veenaji, It is interesting to read your mail about the subject. As you said, the entire world is a projection of what you feel inside. It is all how you react to every situation, But to react positively, we need His blessings. Often we forget that and try to solve everything ourselves. Thanks for reinforcing this one more time. I am sure you know the subtle details of Druapadi,s story. In case, anybody else is benefited, I will briefly state that below. Sri Krishna and Rukmini were sitting playing some board game and suddenly Krishna became very disturbed. He stopped playing and started walking inside the room very stressed. Rukmini was very surprised to see her Krishna disturbed about something. He is beyond all worries and concerns and why this? So she asked about it. Krishna said, Rukmini, Draupadi is in big crisis. I want to help her because she is a devotee of mine. But she is not calling me.

Dussasanan is disrobing her and she is holding the saree with her hands and focusing on her strength to fight against the mighty Dussasana. I cannot go until she calls me for help and hand over the responsibilty to me. So I am disturbed. He waited and after realizing that she could not do much agaist Dussasana, she remembered Krishna and holding the saree with one hand and doing namaskaar with the other hand she addressed Him as "Dwarakavasin" ( one who resides in Dwaraka) and cried. Krishna was still waiting and finally she did Namaskaar with both hands and addressed Him as "Viswatman" ( the soul of the whole universe who is present everywhere) and then He immediately left Dwaraka to save her. He waited until Draupadi completely surrendered to him and had the realization that He was present everywhere and not just in Dwaraka, He is omnipresent and Omnipotent. Story goes like this: Draupadi asks Krishna: "Krishna, why are you so

late to come and help me"? Krishna jokingly says: "Draupadi, you called me Dwarakavasin and I had to come from Dwaraka to Hasthinapuram and it took some time." I am not sure whether this is exactly the way the story is given in Bhagavatham. But this explanation is very useful to bring the point to light. I do not remember seeing an exact description in Bhagavatham. I have to do some more research about that. My mother told this story and I am writing this from my memory. Please do correct any mistakes. May Guruvayurappan bless us to surrender to Him unconditionally! Regards and prayers Savitri On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 10:15 PM, Veena A. Nair <veeus18 > wrote: Om Namo Narayanaya.Dear Savitriji,It is interesting to read about your personal experiences and how you were able to change someone's mind/attitude.It will not be surprising to you that many management experts have used similar principles and actually advocate those to bring about tremendous changes in one's personal and professional lives. I recently browsed through a book written by Joe Vitale; he is the author of books titled 'The Key' and 'The attractor factor'. In The Key he is providing tips on how to attract the things you want in your life. He talks about a Hawaiin therapist Dr. Hew Len who taught him to simply say "I love you" to the divine power. Whatever God you believe in, whatever form you trust, just think of that power and say "I

love you". Most of us, from our past and present circumstances, carry a lot of emotional baggage with us - it could be anger, frustration, sadness, resentment etc. Negative emotions actually block us from getting what we want. One of the things Vitale suggests in his book is to think and mentally chant 'I love you' as often as you can to the Divine and be aware of that situation (or person) that is difficult or fills one with fear or anxiety. So why should this have an effect? Between Dr. Len and Vitale, they believe that just thinking and saying these words begins a cleansing process. "It appears that there is nothing out there. The entire world is a projection of what you feel inside. So, if you feel love, you will attract love. Because love contains gratitude, you attract more things to be grateful for." (p. 80 - The Key).As Eknath Easwaran puts it: "We can try to remember this always: the same Self that makes us worthy of respect and love

is present equally in everyone around us. When we base our relationships on this unity, showing unwavering respect and unconditional love to all, we give them – and ourselves – a sure basis on which to stand. Everyone responds to this. It is one of the surest ways I know of to make our latent divinity a reality in daily life." (fall 2007 issue of Blue Mountain).Finally, as Joe Vitale says, if somebody is very skeptical reading all this -- why not try it? It can not harm, for sure.Warm regards and prayers,Veena.Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com> wrote: Dear Jayashreeji,I perfectly agree. Only Guruvayurappan can change their mind andsometimes the only thing "karaneeyam" for us is to pray. Prayer willmake a change.I

had several experiences like that. I will briefly explain one of mysmall experiences. When I came to this country (U.S.A.) 26 years ago,my exposure to western culture was only through the books. Because ofthe financial need, I studied and ventured to work. At my work placethere was white lady by the name Carolyn, who was very mean to me. Iwas the only non- white to work there. She gave me so much hardship inso many ways and I went to work everyday crying like a kindergartenchild going to school with all the anxieties. Because of my nature andthe circumstances, I could not raise my voice or defend myself. I wasnot even confident to express myself in English even though my Englishwas not pathetic. Then everyday I prayed Saraswathi devi and sincerelybegged her to change Carolyn's mind with the slokam"vellappalunkuniramo tha" Instead of "ennullatthil" I will replace"Carolinnullatthil". Even during working, whenever

I got time Ichanted. I am sure I finished more than 1008 times in 10days. Om Namo Narayanaya.Group website: http://www.guruvayo or.com/Monthly magazine: www.guruvayoor. com/navaneetham Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya

Thank you Krishnapriya for this kind information. I keep the article handy and whenever I want to go to Guruvayoor, open the mail and read and re-read it again and again. I am sure Pepita is also a pen name like yours being Krishnapriya. If you happen to know his real name and contact address I would like thank this person profusely for this article which is written very well.

By the by, now I have CB Menon before your e-mail id of skandapotri signed by Krishnapriya. out of these three which is real?

Om Narayanaya Nama

Chandrasekharan Menon

C B Menon <skandapotriguruvayur Sent: Friday, April 25, 2008 3:26:20 PMRe: [Guruvayur] The Attractor factor (was ARTICLE ... PLS..)

Om Namo Narayanaya :

Dear Chandrasekharan ji,

This nice article appeared in the July 2004 issue of Bhakthapriya and the authors name is Pepita.

With prayers,

KrishnapriyaChandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002@ > wrote:

Om Namo Narayanaya

I totally agree with Savithriji and I too do daily pradikshanam of Guruvayoor Temple mentally, and sometime open the following mail that I have saved which is not mine but was posted in our group from Bhakthapriya long time back. Few of our senior members know about this. I am posting again for those who have joined recently to read.

"For centuries hundreds and thousands of devotees have made their way to Guruvayur temple and sought solace before the Lord, pouring out their hearts, releasing pent up emotions and expressing their love for Guruvayurappan as they gave thanks and made offerings for the blessings He has bestowed upon them. In sublime poetry that will never be surpassed, the great Melputhur has expressed the depths of his feelings for the Lord of Guruvayur. Poonthanam, in his own way has echoed him. There is no dearth of material about people's feelings for Guruvayurappan since every man and woman who comes before Him has a reaction that is individual and deeply personal. In that I am no different. The difficulty however is finding out how to write about the experience, of finding a new angle, a new insight and new way of saying what has already been said so many times.

All attempts to do this cause doubt and hesitation. Emotions and feelings about the Lord, well up and then subside, deflated by the knowledge of all those who have preceded me. And then, strangely, it is in that thought that an idea comes to me; the fact that every pilgrim, every devotee is like a grain of sand on an endless beach. Collectively anonymous but still an essential part of the beach. Suddenly I think of what it is like to make one's pradakshinams, to go round the temple and if one's thoughts drift off in that direction to consider the hundreds and millions of feet that have walked before and yet to come behind. It is sobering, like realizing the smallness of a grain of sand. And yet, it is in that thought that though I understand my insignificance, I know that, like the grain of sand belonging to the beach, I too am part of Guruvayur.

It seems these thoughts have taken hold of my mind and in my inner eye I am again walking around the temple. My feet feel the smoothness of the stones, the perfection of their angles, and how they have been cut to turn the corners. For a moment I glance at the small, incised double square marking the spot where Adi Sankaracharya landed from his celestial chariot. And so it is that in just a few moments I have made a whole round and am struggling past theflag-mast, jostling and straining to catch the sustaining flicker of the sanctum's lamps. Then, once more, I am making another round.Only now does the thought strike me that every round is the same, every step a retracing of the previous round and that every time I am brought back to the same spot. And it is there, by the flag-mast that I experience the same yearning, a longing for even the briefest confirmation of the sanctum's divine inhabitant. And

yet, for all this awareness I also know that no two rounds are ever the same. The starting point that one is brought back to is always different, the way ahead always changing. It is like the sea, always in motion, always following the dictates of the tides, the waves endlessly moving towards and away from the beach. Always the same and always different. Guruvayur is not a large and sprawling complex and yet it is extraordinary how it's clearly defined space has so many moods and seasons. In a single round it can change, the crowds of one round inexplicably evaporating on the next one. The jostling before the flag-mast there and gone the next. The rolling bodies of those doing sayana-pradakshinam blocking the pradakshina- vazhi on one round and not to be seen on the next one. As I pause and consider these thoughts I understand how often everything changes. I see how the pre-dawn

darkness lifts and the sun rises and pours it's light down into the temple and then relentlessly, again like the sea, effortlessly and endlessly bringing change to that which is unchanging. I watch with my inner-eye, seeing how as the day begins sunlight fills the temple and how it later begins to fade away as the day ends. I see the temple filling up with devotees and suddenly being cleared for seeveli. I see elephants and musicians accompanying the Lord around His temple.

And it is as seeveli occupies my mind that I now look at the procession more carefully. I watch the elephant taking the Lord around His universe, I notice the lips of the priest whispering ancient manthras and observe the ribbon of devotees following behind, unfolding endlessly as their numbers swell. And I join them, walking behind the elephant, stunned as always by the sense of connection I feel. The tiniest grain of sand, the most insignificant of devotees yet counting my blessings. The day moves on, evening falls and the temple dances into a different light, emotions welling as all hearts soar during deepardhana, a rite showing us the Lord and confirming the power of fire of light even as the world slips into night's darkness. The sun has made its passage around both the world and the world that is the temple; devotees have unconsciously echoed it's journey and soon the day has slipped away.I now move

invisibly through the day's concluding rituals, seeing once more how the thousands of oil lamps around the temple spring magically alight as eager devotees grab gratefully at the chance of lighting them. And I recall the personal blessings I have experienced when it has been my privilege to do the same and how the concentration of touching the flickering flame to the small thiri intensifies the mind and reduces one's whole world to lighting one tiny lamp for the Lord. I watch the Vilakku, the slow majesty of the five elephants moving in a glow of light, of flaming pandams. I hear the plaintive nadaswaram and wonder how each night it can be the same and yet every single night stir the spirit as if for the first time. And so, almost timidly I come to what has powered the hearts of all those who visit the temple, nervously taking my thoughts into the line for darshan, wonder how I can express myself. I feel myself standing in line, soaked in

hot, held in the proximity of those around me. And, as always I am almost blissfully unaware of their presence, alone and focused in anticipation, waiting for the moment when, at last, there is a surge forward and I am carried down toward the Lord.Suddenly my mind and body are funneling along the dim passage and then I am finally before the sanctum. Hardly a glimpse, no more than an impression of brief images, my eyes greedily alighting on the Lord, on the dark stone, the garlands and jewels, the sea of flickering lamps. And it is as these images are being stored in my mind's eye that the spirit within goes still, the briefest of moments seeming to stretch for all eternity as, unconsciously. I absorb, drinking like a thirsty man at an oasis. Then everyday reality returns and the moment is over and as I move away I gratefully count my blessings. > ... copyright - Bhaktapriya "

Unquote.

Pardon me for this lengthy mail and hope this will help some one to walk around the temple mentally when the desire arise to do it by reading this.

Om Namo Narayanaya

Chandrasekharan Menon

Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com>guruvayur@grou ps.comFriday, April 25, 2008 4:59:21 AMRe: [Guruvayur] The Attractor factor (was ARTICLE ... PLS..)

Dear Krishnapriya,

I do try to open my Hridayakamalam in the morning and do Guruvayurappan' s prathishtha there. Also since I was fortunate to do 36 days of Bhajan in Guruvayur in the last 2 years, I feel I know every nook and corner of Guruvayur temple. So every morning while saying two Guruvayurappa suprabhahthams I imagine that I stand in the queue, walk slowly enjoying all that happens in the pradakshina patham and then go inside and pray. This I do twice. I even imagine waiting near Ayyappa swami for the priests to finish taking the payasam from the outer oottupura to inside the naalambalam via the southside door. Also I imagine people doing atipradakshinam, shayana pradakshinam, kuunikkuruvaaral, an even the dwarapaalakaas shouting at all people including me to move forward! Then by the time I finish inside after praying Krishna, Ganapathi, Kurooramma, Padmanabha swami, Hanuman, and Thaamarakkannan and Bhagavathy (outside) I have finished a lot of prayers.

Then I do one more time with my second suprabhatham. Then I walk to Mammiyoor by chanting all the other suprabhathams and there is Siva, Parvathy, Ganapathy, Subramanya swami, Ayyappan and Mahavishnu!. I really feel that 10,000 miles distance becomes zero miles when I do this. Of course then I go to my house too to do Soundarya Lahari infront of Thirumaandhaam kunnilamma. Sankaraacharyar said that Samayaachaaram or dhaharaakaasha pooja ( doing worship in your hridayaakaasham) is very satisfying. Even a very ordinary person like me feels the happiness after doing this in the morning. I explained this because if anybody is missing going to Guruvayoor, they can very well adopt this way if it suits them. Krishnapriya, after doing this everyday, when you really reach Guruvayoor, you feel that you are seeing him in person. I always think whe I am there: Guruvayoorappa, I am going to see you in person today because I am here. But I may have to

take countless janmaas to see him, does not matter, we are advised by great seers to consider this as saadhya janmam and continue saadhana with all our sincere effort.

Regards and prayers

savitri

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 8:48 AM, Krishnapriya <skandapotri@ > wrote:

Dear Savitri ji,

With prayers,

Krishnapriya

Dear Veenaji,

Regards and prayers

Savitri

Saraswathi devi and sincerelybegged her to change Carolyn's mind with the slokam"vellappalunkuniram o tha" Instead of "ennullatthil" I will replace"Carolinnullatthil" . Even during working, whenever I got time Ichanted. I am sure I finished more than 1008 times in 10days. Om Namo Narayanaya.Group website: http://www.guruvayo or.com/Monthly magazine: www.guruvayoor. com/navaneetham

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya: Dear Chandrasekharan ji, I don't know Pepita's real name or contact address. Daddy wanted to send an e-mail using my e-mail id. So I temporarily changed the from field in the outgoing e-mail. I forgot to change it back. With prayers, KrishnapriyaChandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002 wrote: Om Namo Narayanaya Thank you Krishnapriya for this kind information. I keep the article handy and whenever I want to go to Guruvayoor, open the mail and read and re-read it again and again. I am sure Pepita is also a pen name like yours being Krishnapriya. If you happen to know his real name and contact address I would like thank this person profusely for this article which is written very well. By the by, now I have CB Menon before your e-mail id of skandapotri signed by Krishnapriya. out of these three which is real? Om Narayanaya Nama Chandrasekharan Menon C B Menon <skandapotri >guruvayur Sent: Friday, April 25, 2008 3:26:20 PMRe: [Guruvayur] The Attractor factor (was ARTICLE ... PLS..) Om Namo Narayanaya : Dear Chandrasekharan ji, This nice article appeared in the July 2004 issue of Bhakthapriya and the authors name is Pepita. With prayers, KrishnapriyaChandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002@ > wrote: Om Namo Narayanaya I totally

agree with Savithriji and I too do daily pradikshanam of Guruvayoor Temple mentally, and sometime open the following mail that I have saved which is not mine but was posted in our group from Bhakthapriya long time back. Few of our senior members know about this. I am posting again for those who have joined recently to read. Quote "For centuries hundreds and thousands of devotees have made their way to Guruvayur temple and sought solace before the Lord, pouring out their hearts, releasing pent up emotions and expressing their love for Guruvayurappan as they gave thanks and made offerings for the blessings He has bestowed upon them. In sublime poetry that will never be surpassed, the great Melputhur has expressed the depths of his feelings for the Lord of Guruvayur. Poonthanam, in his own way has echoed him. There is no dearth of material about people's feelings for Guruvayurappan since every man and

woman who comes before Him has a reaction that is individual and deeply personal. In that I am no different. The difficulty however is finding out how to write about the experience, of finding a new angle, a new insight and new way of saying what has already been said so many times. All attempts to do this cause doubt and hesitation. Emotions and feelings about the Lord, well up and then subside, deflated by the knowledge of all those who have preceded me. And then, strangely, it is in that thought that an idea comes to me; the fact that every pilgrim, every devotee is like a grain of sand on an endless beach. Collectively anonymous but still an essential part of the beach. Suddenly I think of what it is like to make one's pradakshinams, to go round the temple and if one's thoughts drift off in that direction to consider the hundreds and millions of feet that have walked before and yet to come behind. It is sobering,

like realizing the smallness of a grain of sand. And yet, it is in that thought that though I understand my insignificance, I know that, like the grain of sand belonging to the beach, I too am part of Guruvayur. It seems these thoughts have taken hold of my mind and in my inner eye I am again walking around the temple. My feet feel the smoothness of the stones, the perfection of their angles, and how they have been cut to turn the corners. For a moment I glance at the small, incised double square marking the spot where Adi Sankaracharya landed from his celestial chariot. And so it is that in just a few moments I have made a whole round and am struggling past theflag-mast, jostling and straining to catch the sustaining flicker of the sanctum's lamps. Then, once more, I am making another round.Only now does the thought strike me that every round is the same, every step a retracing of the previous round

and that every time I am brought back to the same spot. And it is there, by the flag-mast that I experience the same yearning, a longing for even the briefest confirmation of the sanctum's divine inhabitant. And yet, for all this awareness I also know that no two rounds are ever the same. The starting point that one is brought back to is always different, the way ahead always changing. It is like the sea, always in motion, always following the dictates of the tides, the waves endlessly moving towards and away from the beach. Always the same and always different. Guruvayur is not a large and sprawling complex and yet it is extraordinary how it's clearly defined space has so many moods and seasons. In a single round it can change, the crowds of one round inexplicably evaporating on the next one. The jostling before the flag-mast there and gone the next. The rolling bodies of those doing sayana-pradakshinam

blocking the pradakshina- vazhi on one round and not to be seen on the next one. As I pause and consider these thoughts I understand how often everything changes. I see how the pre-dawn darkness lifts and the sun rises and pours it's light down into the temple and then relentlessly, again like the sea, effortlessly and endlessly bringing change to that which is unchanging. I watch with my inner-eye, seeing how as the day begins sunlight fills the temple and how it later begins to fade away as the day ends. I see the temple filling up with devotees and suddenly being cleared for seeveli. I see elephants and musicians accompanying the Lord around His temple. And it is as seeveli occupies my mind that I now look at the procession more carefully. I watch the elephant taking the Lord around His universe, I notice the lips of the priest whispering ancient manthras and observe the ribbon of devotees following behind,

unfolding endlessly as their numbers swell. And I join them, walking behind the elephant, stunned as always by the sense of connection I feel. The tiniest grain of sand, the most insignificant of devotees yet counting my blessings. The day moves on, evening falls and the temple dances into a different light, emotions welling as all hearts soar during deepardhana, a rite showing us the Lord and confirming the power of fire of light even as the world slips into night's darkness. The sun has made its passage around both the world and the world that is the temple; devotees have unconsciously echoed it's journey and soon the day has slipped away.I now move invisibly through the day's concluding rituals, seeing once more how the thousands of oil lamps around the temple spring magically alight as eager devotees grab gratefully at the chance of lighting them. And I recall the personal blessings I have experienced when it has been my privilege

to do the same and how the concentration of touching the flickering flame to the small thiri intensifies the mind and reduces one's whole world to lighting one tiny lamp for the Lord. I watch the Vilakku, the slow majesty of the five elephants moving in a glow of light, of flaming pandams. I hear the plaintive nadaswaram and wonder how each night it can be the same and yet every single night stir the spirit as if for the first time. And so, almost timidly I come to what has powered the hearts of all those who visit the temple, nervously taking my thoughts into the line for darshan, wonder how I can express myself. I feel myself standing in line, soaked in hot, held in the proximity of those around me. And, as always I am almost blissfully unaware of their presence, alone and focused in anticipation, waiting for the moment when, at last, there is a surge forward and I am carried down toward the Lord.Suddenly my mind and body are funneling along the dim

passage and then I am finally before the sanctum. Hardly a glimpse, no more than an impression of brief images, my eyes greedily alighting on the Lord, on the dark stone, the garlands and jewels, the sea of flickering lamps. And it is as these images are being stored in my mind's eye that the spirit within goes still, the briefest of moments seeming to stretch for all eternity as, unconsciously. I absorb, drinking like a thirsty man at an oasis. Then everyday reality returns and the moment is over and as I move away I gratefully count my blessings. > ... copyright - Bhaktapriya " Unquote. Pardon me for this lengthy mail and hope this will help some one to walk around the temple mentally when the desire arise to do it by reading this. Om Namo Narayanaya Chandrasekharan Menon Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com>guruvayur@grou ps.comFriday, April 25, 2008 4:59:21 AMRe: [Guruvayur] The Attractor factor (was ARTICLE ... PLS..) Dear Krishnapriya, That is excellent. Addressing Him as Mamahrudayavaasin is the best. He is in you and cannot be nearer than that. Thanks for sharing the more powerful version of it. See how satsangam helps us to think of Him more? Since I read your mail, I feel like rewriting my version with yours. I never thought about this or had chance to read about this. Thanks Krishnapriya for the wonderful addendum. I do try to open my Hridayakamalam in the morning and do Guruvayurappan' s prathishtha

there. Also since I was fortunate to do 36 days of Bhajan in Guruvayur in the last 2 years, I feel I know every nook and corner of Guruvayur temple. So every morning while saying two Guruvayurappa suprabhahthams I imagine that I stand in the queue, walk slowly enjoying all that happens in the pradakshina patham and then go inside and pray. This I do twice. I even imagine waiting near Ayyappa swami for the priests to finish taking the payasam from the outer oottupura to inside the naalambalam via the southside door. Also I imagine people doing atipradakshinam, shayana pradakshinam, kuunikkuruvaaral, an even the dwarapaalakaas shouting at all people including me to move forward! Then by the time I finish inside after praying Krishna, Ganapathi, Kurooramma, Padmanabha swami, Hanuman, and Thaamarakkannan and Bhagavathy (outside) I have finished a lot of prayers. Then I do one more time with my second suprabhatham. Then I walk to Mammiyoor by chanting all the other

suprabhathams and there is Siva, Parvathy, Ganapathy, Subramanya swami, Ayyappan and Mahavishnu!. I really feel that 10,000 miles distance becomes zero miles when I do this. Of course then I go to my house too to do Soundarya Lahari infront of Thirumaandhaam kunnilamma. Sankaraacharyar said that Samayaachaaram or dhaharaakaasha pooja ( doing worship in your hridayaakaasham) is very satisfying. Even a very ordinary person like me feels the happiness after doing this in the morning. I explained this because if anybody is missing going to Guruvayoor, they can very well adopt this way if it suits them. Krishnapriya, after doing this everyday, when you really reach Guruvayoor, you feel that you are seeing him in person. I always think whe I am there: Guruvayoorappa, I am going to see you in person today because I am here. But I may have to take countless janmaas to see him, does not matter, we are advised by great seers to consider this as saadhya janmam and

continue saadhana with all our sincere effort. Thank you for making me think more abou the relevance of this story of draupadi. Regards and prayers savitri On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 8:48 AM, Krishnapriya <skandapotri@ > wrote: Dear Savitri ji, I would like to add to the episode which you narrated. Sri Krishna's reply to Draupadi was - " I was addressed as Dwaraka vaasin, Gokula vaasin and so on. Hence I had to go to those places before I came here. Had you addressed me

"Mamahridaya Vaasin" (one who dwelt in ones heart), I would have come running straight away". The Lord Himself has said that He was not in Palazhi or Vaikunta. He always dwelt in the heart of His bhakthas. That reminds me of the great way of starting ones day which once Savitriji suggested (Message 9314) - by making our Hridayakamalam bloom and imagining Sri Guruvayurappan as standing on it while reciting Dasaka 38 (Sri Krishna Avatharam). Thanks for sharing this beautiful way of remembering our Lord the first thing in the morning. With prayers, Krishnapriya Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@

gmail.com> wrote: Dear Veenaji, It is interesting to read your mail about the subject. As you said, the entire world is a projection of what you feel inside. It is all how you react to every situation, But to react positively, we need His blessings. Often we forget that and try to solve everything ourselves. Thanks for reinforcing this one more time. I am sure you know the subtle details of Druapadi,s story. In case, anybody else is benefited, I will briefly state that below. Sri Krishna and Rukmini were sitting playing some board game and suddenly Krishna became very disturbed. He stopped playing and started walking inside the room very stressed. Rukmini was very surprised to see her Krishna disturbed about something. He is beyond all worries and concerns and why this? So she asked about it. Krishna said,

Rukmini, Draupadi is in big crisis. I want to help her because she is a devotee of mine. But she is not calling me. Dussasanan is disrobing her and she is holding the saree with her hands and focusing on her strength to fight against the mighty Dussasana. I cannot go until she calls me for help and hand over the responsibilty to me. So I am disturbed. He waited and after realizing that she could not do much agaist Dussasana, she remembered Krishna and holding the saree with one hand and doing namaskaar with the other hand she addressed Him as "Dwarakavasin" ( one who resides in Dwaraka) and cried. Krishna was still waiting and finally she did Namaskaar with both hands and addressed Him as "Viswatman" ( the soul of the whole universe who is present everywhere) and then He immediately left Dwaraka to save her. He waited until Draupadi completely surrendered to him and had the realization that He was present everywhere and not just in

Dwaraka, He is omnipresent and Omnipotent. Story goes like this: Draupadi asks Krishna: "Krishna, why are you so late to come and help me"? Krishna jokingly says: "Draupadi, you called me Dwarakavasin and I had to come from Dwaraka to Hasthinapuram and it took some time." I am not sure whether this is exactly the way the story is given in Bhagavatham. But this explanation is very useful to bring the point to light. I do not remember seeing an exact description in Bhagavatham. I have to do some more research about that. My mother told this story and I am writing this from my memory. Please do correct any mistakes. May Guruvayurappan bless us to surrender to Him unconditionally! Regards and prayers Savitri On Wed, Apr 23,

2008 at 10:15 PM, Veena A. Nair <veeus18 > wrote: Om Namo Narayanaya.Dear Savitriji,It is interesting to read about your personal experiences and how you were able to change someone's mind/attitude.It will not be surprising to you that many management experts have used similar principles and actually advocate those to bring about tremendous changes in one's personal and professional lives. I recently browsed through a book written by Joe Vitale; he is the author of books titled 'The Key' and 'The attractor factor'. In The Key he is providing tips on how to attract the things you want in your life. He talks about a Hawaiin therapist Dr. Hew Len who taught him to simply say "I love you" to the divine

power. Whatever God you believe in, whatever form you trust, just think of that power and say "I love you". Most of us, from our past and present circumstances, carry a lot of emotional baggage with us - it could be anger, frustration, sadness, resentment etc. Negative emotions actually block us from getting what we want. One of the things Vitale suggests in his book is to think and mentally chant 'I love you' as often as you can to the Divine and be aware of that situation (or person) that is difficult or fills one with fear or anxiety. So why should this have an effect? Between Dr. Len and Vitale, they believe that just thinking and saying these words begins a cleansing process. "It appears that there is nothing out there. The entire world is a projection of what you feel inside. So, if you feel love, you will attract love. Because love contains gratitude, you attract more things to be grateful for." (p. 80 - The Key).As Eknath Easwaran puts it:

"We can try to remember this always: the same Self that makes us worthy of respect and love is present equally in everyone around us. When we base our relationships on this unity, showing unwavering respect and unconditional love to all, we give them – and ourselves – a sure basis on which to stand. Everyone responds to this. It is one of the surest ways I know of to make our latent divinity a reality in daily life." (fall 2007 issue of Blue Mountain).Finally, as Joe Vitale says, if somebody is very skeptical reading all this -- why not try it? It can not harm, for sure.Warm regards and prayers,Veena.Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com> wrote: Dear Jayashreeji,I perfectly agree. Only Guruvayurappan can change their mind

andsometimes the only thing "karaneeyam" for us is to pray. Prayer willmake a change.I had several experiences like that. I will briefly explain one of mysmall experiences. When I came to this country (U.S.A.) 26 years ago,my exposure to western culture was only through the books. Because ofthe financial need, I studied and ventured to work. At my work placethere was white lady by the name Carolyn, who was very mean to me. Iwas the only non- white to work there. She gave me so much hardship inso many ways and I went to work everyday crying like a kindergartenchild going to school with all the anxieties. Because of my nature andthe circumstances, I could not raise my voice or defend myself. I wasnot even confident to express myself in English even though my Englishwas not pathetic. Then everyday I prayed Saraswathi devi and sincerelybegged her to change Carolyn's mind with the slokam"vellappalunkuniram o tha"

Instead of "ennullatthil" I will replace"Carolinnullatthil" . Even during working, whenever I got time Ichanted. I am sure I finished more than 1008 times in 10days. Om Namo Narayanaya.Group website: http://www.guruvayo or.com/Monthly magazine: www.guruvayoor. com/navaneetham Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile.

Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Radhe Krishna!

To quote "Siva-manasa-pooja stotram"

"Atma twam Girija matih sahacharah, Pranah sareeram griham,

Pooja they Vishayopa-bhoga-rachana nidra samadhi-stitih!

Sancharah padayoh pradakshina-vidhih stotrani sarva giro

Yad-yad karma karomi tat-tat-akhilam Sambho! Tava-aradhanam!

As it is a very simple stanza and everybody knows the meaning, I am not

elaborating. Likewise, let us assign all our actions as performing

Pooja to the Lord, any talking we do, as praising His stotras, and any

walking about we do, consider it as performing pradakshinam

(circumambulations) to Him!

Love

KVG

C B Menon wrote:

Om Namo Narayanaya :

Dear Chandrasekharan ji,

This nice article appeared in the July 2004 issue of

Bhakthapriya and the authors name is Pepita.

With prayers,

Krishnapriya

Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002 >

wrote:

Om Namo Narayanaya

I totally agree with Savithriji and I too do daily

pradikshanam of Guruvayoor Temple mentally, and sometime open the

following mail that I have saved which is not mine but was posted in

our group from Bhakthapriya long time back. Few of our senior

members know about this. I am posting again for those who have joined

recently to read.

"For centuries hundreds and thousands of devotees have made

their way to Guruvayur temple and sought solace before the Lord,

pouring out their hearts, releasing pent up emotions and expressing

their love for Guruvayurappan as they gave thanks and made offerings

for the blessings He has bestowed upon them. In sublime poetry that

will never be surpassed, the great Melputhur has expressed the depths

of his feelings for the Lord of Guruvayur. Poonthanam, in his own way

has echoed him. There is no dearth of material about people's feelings

for Guruvayurappan since every man and woman who comes before Him has a

reaction that is individual and deeply personal. In that I am no

different. The difficulty however is finding out how to write about

the experience, of finding a new angle, a new insight and new way of

saying what has already been said so many times.

All attempts to do this cause doubt and hesitation. Emotions

and feelings about the Lord, well up and then subside, deflated by the

knowledge of all those who have preceded me. And then, strangely, it

is in that thought that an idea comes to me; the fact that every

pilgrim, every devotee is like a grain of sand on an endless beach.

Collectively anonymous but still an essential part of the beach.

Suddenly I think of what it is like to make one's pradakshinams, to go

round the temple and if one's thoughts drift off in that direction to

consider the hundreds and millions of feet that have walked before and

yet to come behind. It is sobering, like realizing the smallness of a

grain of sand. And yet, it is in that thought that though I understand

my insignificance, I know that, like the grain of sand belonging to the

beach, I too am part of Guruvayur.

It seems these thoughts have taken hold of my mind and in my

inner eye I am again walking around the temple. My feet feel the

smoothness of the stones, the perfection of their angles, and how they

have been cut to turn the corners. For a moment I glance at the small,

incised double square marking the spot where Adi Sankaracharya landed

from his celestial chariot. And so it is that in just a few moments I

have made a whole round and am struggling past the

flag-mast, jostling and straining to catch the sustaining flicker of

the sanctum's lamps. Then, once more, I am making another round.

Only now does the thought strike me that every round is the same, every

step a retracing of the previous round and that every time I am brought

back to the same spot. And it is there, by the flag-mast that I

experience the same yearning, a longing for even the briefest

confirmation of the sanctum's divine inhabitant. And yet, for all this

awareness I also know that no two rounds are ever the same. The

starting point that one is brought back to is always different, the way

ahead always changing. It is like the sea, always in motion, always

following the dictates of the tides, the waves endlessly moving towards

and away from the beach. Always the same and always different.

Guruvayur is not a large and sprawling complex and yet it is

extraordinary how it's clearly defined space has so many moods and

seasons. In a single round it can change, the crowds of one round

inexplicably evaporating on the next one. The jostling before the

flag-mast there and gone the next. The rolling bodies of those doing

sayana-pradakshinam blocking the pradakshina-vazhi on one round

and not to be seen on the next one.

As I pause and consider these thoughts I understand how often

everything changes. I see how the pre-dawn darkness lifts and the sun

rises and pours it's light down into the temple and then relentlessly,

again like the sea, effortlessly and endlessly bringing change to that

which is unchanging. I watch with my inner-eye, seeing how as the day

begins sunlight fills the temple and how it later begins to fade away

as the day ends. I see the temple filling up with devotees

and suddenly being cleared for seeveli. I see elephants and musicians

accompanying the Lord around His temple.

And it is as seeveli occupies my mind that I now look at the

procession more carefully. I watch the elephant taking the Lord around

His universe, I notice the lips of the priest whispering ancient

manthras and observe the ribbon of devotees following behind, unfolding

endlessly as their numbers swell. And I join them, walking behind the

elephant, stunned as always by the sense of connection I feel. The

tiniest grain of sand, the most insignificant of devotees yet counting

my blessings.

The day moves on, evening falls and the temple dances into a different

light, emotions welling as all hearts soar during deepardhana, a rite

showing us the Lord and confirming the power of fire of light even as

the world slips into night's darkness. The sun has made its passage

around both the world and the world that is the temple; devotees have

unconsciously echoed it's journey and soon the day has slipped away.

I now move invisibly through the day's concluding rituals, seeing once

more how the thousands of oil lamps around the temple spring magically

alight as eager devotees grab gratefully at the chance of lighting

them. And I recall the personal blessings I have experienced when it

has been my privilege to do the same and how the concentration of

touching the flickering flame to the small thiri intensifies the mind

and reduces one's whole world to lighting one tiny lamp for the Lord.

I watch the Vilakku, the slow majesty of the five elephants moving in a

glow of light, of flaming pandams. I hear the plaintive nadaswaram and

wonder how each night it can be the same and yet every single night

stir the spirit as if for the first time. And so, almost timidly I come

to what has powered the hearts of all those who visit the temple,

nervously taking my thoughts into the line for darshan, wonder how I

can express myself. I feel myself standing in line, soaked in hot, held

in the proximity of those around me. And, as always I am almost

blissfully unaware of their presence, alone and focused in

anticipation, waiting for the moment when, at last, there is a surge

forward and I am carried down toward the Lord.

Suddenly my mind and body are funneling along the dim passage and then

I am finally before the sanctum. Hardly a glimpse, no more than an

impression of brief images, my eyes greedily alighting on the Lord, on

the dark stone, the garlands and jewels, the sea of flickering lamps.

And it is as these images are being stored in my mind's eye that the

spirit within goes still, the briefest of moments seeming to stretch

for all eternity as, unconsciously. I absorb, drinking like a thirsty

man at an oasis. Then everyday reality returns and the moment is over

and as I move away I gratefully count my blessings.

> ... copyright - Bhaktapriya "

Unquote.

Pardon me for this lengthy mail and hope this will help some

one to walk around the temple mentally when the desire arise to do it

by reading this.

Om Namo Narayanaya

Chandrasekharan Menon

-----

Original Message ----

Savitri Puram <savitriopuram >

guruvayur

Friday, April 25, 2008 4:59:21 AM

Re: [Guruvayur] The Attractor factor (was ARTICLE ... PLS..)

Dear Krishnapriya,

That is excellent. Addressing Him as Mamahrudayavaasin is the

best. He is in you and cannot be nearer than that. Thanks for sharing

the more powerful version of it. See how satsangam helps us to think of

Him more? Since I read your mail, I feel like rewriting my version with

yours. I never thought about this or had chance to read about this.

Thanks Krishnapriya for the wonderful addendum.

I do try to open my Hridayakamalam in the morning and do

Guruvayurappan's prathishtha there. Also since I was fortunate to

do 36 days of Bhajan in Guruvayur in the last 2 years, I feel I know

every nook and corner of Guruvayur temple. So every morning while

saying two Guruvayurappa suprabhahthams I imagine that I stand in the

queue, walk slowly enjoying all that happens in the pradakshina patham

and then go inside and pray. This I do twice. I even imagine waiting

near Ayyappa swami for the priests to finish taking the payasam from

the outer oottupura to inside the naalambalam via the southside door.

Also I imagine people doing atipradakshinam, shayana pradakshinam,

kuunikkuruvaaral, an even the dwarapaalakaas shouting at all people

including me to move forward! Then by the time I finish inside after

praying Krishna, Ganapathi, Kurooramma, Padmanabha swami, Hanuman, and

Thaamarakkannan and Bhagavathy (outside) I have finished a lot of

prayers. Then I do one more time with my second suprabhatham. Then I

walk to Mammiyoor by chanting all the other suprabhathams and there is

Siva, Parvathy, Ganapathy, Subramanya swami, Ayyappan and Mahavishnu!.

I really feel that 10,000 miles distance becomes zero miles when I do

this. Of course then I go to my house too to do Soundarya Lahari

infront of Thirumaandhaam kunnilamma. Sankaraacharyar said that

Samayaachaaram or dhaharaakaasha pooja ( doing worship in your

hridayaakaasham) is very satisfying. Even a very ordinary person like

me feels the happiness after doing this in the morning. I explained

this because if anybody is missing going to Guruvayoor, they can very

well adopt this way if it suits them. Krishnapriya, after doing this

everyday, when you really reach Guruvayoor, you feel that you are

seeing him in person. I always think whe I am there: Guruvayoorappa, I

am going to see you in person today because I am here. But I may have

to take countless janmaas to see him, does not matter, we are advised

by great seers to consider this as saadhya janmam and continue saadhana

with all our sincere effort.

Thank you for making me think more abou the relevance of this

story of draupadi.

Regards and prayers

savitri

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 8:48 AM,

Krishnapriya <skandapotri@ >

wrote:

Dear Savitri ji,

I would like to add to

the episode which you narrated. Sri Krishna's reply to Draupadi was

- " I was addressed as Dwaraka vaasin, Gokula vaasin and so on. Hence I

had to go to those places before I came here. Had you addressed me

"Mamahridaya Vaasin" (one who dwelt in ones heart), I would have come

running straight away".

The Lord Himself has

said that He was not in Palazhi or Vaikunta. He always dwelt in the

heart of His bhakthas. That reminds me of the great way of starting

ones day which once Savitriji suggested (Message 9314) - by making our

Hridayakamalam bloom and imagining Sri Guruvayurappan as standing on it

while reciting Dasaka 38 (Sri Krishna Avatharam). Thanks for sharing

this beautiful way of remembering our Lord the first thing in the

morning.

With prayers,

Krishnapriya

Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com>

wrote:

Dear Veenaji,

It is interesting to read your mail about the subject. As

you said, the entire world is a projection of what you feel inside. It

is all how you react to every situation, But to react positively, we

need His blessings. Often we forget that and try to solve everything

ourselves. Thanks for reinforcing this one more time.

I am sure you know the subtle details of Druapadi,s story.

In case, anybody else is benefited, I will briefly state that below.

Sri Krishna and Rukmini were sitting playing some board game and

suddenly Krishna became very disturbed. He stopped playing and started

walking inside the room very stressed. Rukmini was very surprised to

see her Krishna disturbed about something. He is beyond all worries and

concerns and why this? So she asked about it. Krishna said, Rukmini,

Draupadi is in big crisis. I want to help her because she is a devotee

of mine. But she is not calling me. Dussasanan is disrobing her and she

is holding the saree with her hands and focusing on her strength to

fight against the mighty Dussasana. I cannot go until she calls me for

help and hand over the responsibilty to me. So I am disturbed. He

waited and after realizing that she could not do much agaist Dussasana,

she remembered Krishna and holding the saree with one hand and doing

namaskaar with the other hand she addressed Him as "Dwarakavasin" ( one

who resides in Dwaraka) and cried. Krishna was still waiting and

finally she did Namaskaar with both hands and addressed Him as

"Viswatman" ( the soul of the whole universe who is present everywhere)

and then He immediately left Dwaraka to save her. He waited until

Draupadi completely surrendered to him and had the realization that

He was present everywhere and not just in Dwaraka, He is omnipresent

and Omnipotent. Story goes like this: Draupadi asks Krishna: "Krishna,

why are you so late to come and help me"? Krishna jokingly says:

"Draupadi, you called me Dwarakavasin and I had to come from Dwaraka to

Hasthinapuram and it took some time."

I am not sure whether this is exactly the way the story is

given in Bhagavatham. But this explanation is very useful to bring the

point to light. I do not remember seeing an exact description in

Bhagavatham. I have to do some more research about that. My mother told

this story and I am writing this from my memory. Please do correct any

mistakes.

May Guruvayurappan bless us to surrender to Him

unconditionally!

Regards and prayers

Savitri

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 10:15 PM,

Veena A. Nair <veeus18 > wrote:

Om Namo Narayanaya.

Dear Savitriji,

It is interesting to read about your personal experiences and how you

were able to change someone's mind/attitude.

It will not be surprising to you that many management experts have used

similar principles and actually advocate those to bring about

tremendous changes in one's personal and professional lives.

I recently browsed through a book written by Joe Vitale; he is the

author of books titled 'The Key' and 'The attractor factor'. In The Key

he is providing tips on how to attract the things you want in your

life. He talks about a Hawaiin therapist Dr. Hew Len who taught him to

simply say "I love you" to the divine power. Whatever God you believe

in, whatever form you trust, just think of that power and say "I love

you". Most of us, from our past and present circumstances, carry a lot

of emotional baggage with us - it could be anger, frustration, sadness,

resentment etc. Negative emotions actually block us from getting what

we want. One of the things Vitale suggests in his book is to think and

mentally chant 'I love you' as often as you can to the Divine and be

aware of that situation (or person) that is difficult or fills one with

fear or anxiety.

So why should this have an effect?

Between Dr. Len and Vitale, they believe that just thinking and saying

these words begins a cleansing process.

"It appears that there is nothing out there. The entire world is a

projection of what you feel inside. So, if you feel love, you will

attract love. Because love contains gratitude, you attract more things

to be grateful for." (p. 80 - The Key).

As Eknath Easwaran puts it:

"We can try to remember this always: the same Self that makes us worthy

of respect and love is present equally in everyone around us. When we

base our relationships on this unity, showing unwavering respect and

unconditional love to all, we give them – and ourselves – a sure basis

on which to stand. Everyone responds to this. It is one of the surest

ways I know of to make our latent divinity a reality in daily life."

(fall 2007 issue of Blue Mountain).

Finally, as Joe Vitale says, if somebody is very skeptical reading all

this -- why not try it? It can not harm, for sure.

Warm regards and prayers,

Veena.

Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com>

wrote:

Dear Jayashreeji,

I perfectly agree. Only Guruvayurappan can change their mind and

sometimes the only thing "karaneeyam" for us is to pray. Prayer will

make a change.

I had several experiences like that. I will briefly explain one of my

small experiences. When I came to this country (U.S.A.) 26 years ago,

my exposure to western culture was only through the books. Because of

the financial need, I studied and ventured to work. At my work place

there was white lady by the name Carolyn, who was very mean to me. I

was the only non- white to work there. She gave me so much hardship in

so many ways and I went to work everyday crying like a kindergarten

child going to school with all the anxieties. Because of my nature and

the circumstances, I could not raise my voice or defend myself. I was

not even confident to express myself in English even though my English

was not pathetic. Then everyday I prayed Saraswathi devi and sincerely

begged her to change Carolyn's mind with the slokam

"vellappalunkuniramo tha" Instead of "ennullatthil" I will replace

"Carolinnullatthil". Even during working, whenever I got time I

chanted. I am sure I finished more than 1008 times in 10days.

Om Namo Narayanaya.

Group website: http://www.guruvayo

or.com/

Monthly magazine: www.guruvayoor. com/navaneetham

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all

with Mobile. Try it now.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with

Mobile. Try it now.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with

Mobile.

Try it now.

Guest guest

Dear Chabdrasekharji,

I cannot tell you how happy I was to read the whole passage.

How can I not cry when I read " Suddenly my mind and body are funneling

along the dim passage and then I am finally before the sanctum.

Hardly a glimpse, no more than an impression of brief images, my eyes

greedily alighting on the Lord, on the dark stone, the garlands and

jewels, the sea of flickering lamps. And it is as these images are

being stored in my mind's eye that the spirit within goes still, the

briefest of moments seeming to stretch for all eternity as,

unconsciously. I absorb, drinking like a thirsty man at an oasis.

Then everyday reality returns and the moment is over and as I move

away I gratefully count my blessings.

Thank you so much for the wonderful darshanam. This is what exactly

the forum in memory of the " Bhakthahridayam " of Sunilji's mother

should propagate.

May Guruvayurappan bless all of us with His darshanam everyday where

ever we are!

Regards and prayers

Savitri

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 10:53 AM, Chandra Menon

<chandrasmenon2002 wrote:

Om Namo Narayanaya

>

> I totally agree with Savithriji and I too do daily pradikshanam of

> Guruvayoor Temple mentally, and sometime open the following mail that I have

> saved which is not mine but was posted in our group from Bhakthapriya long

> time back. Few of our senior members know about this. I am posting again for

> those who have joined recently to read.

>

>

>

> Quote

>

> " For centuries hundreds and thousands of devotees have made their way to

> Guruvayur temple and sought solace before the Lord, pouring out their

> hearts, releasing pent up emotions and expressing their love for

> Guruvayurappan as they gave thanks and made offerings for the blessings He

> has bestowed upon them. In sublime poetry that will never be surpassed, the

> great Melputhur has expressed the depths of his feelings for the Lord of

> Guruvayur. Poonthanam, in his own way has echoed him. There is no dearth

> of material about people's feelings for Guruvayurappan since every man and

> woman who comes before Him has a reaction that is individual and deeply

> personal. In that I am no different. The difficulty however is finding out

> how to write about the experience, of finding a new angle, a new insight and

> new way of saying what has already been said so many times.

> All attempts to do this cause doubt and hesitation. Emotions and feelings

> about the Lord, well up and then subside, deflated by the knowledge of all

> those who have preceded me. And then, strangely, it is in that thought that

> an idea comes to me; the fact that every pilgrim, every devotee is like a

> grain of sand on an endless beach. Collectively anonymous but still an

> essential part of the beach. Suddenly I think of what it is like to make

> one's pradakshinams, to go round the temple and if one's thoughts drift off

> in that direction to consider the hundreds and millions of feet that have

> walked before and yet to come behind. It is sobering, like realizing the

> smallness of a grain of sand. And yet, it is in that thought that though I

> understand my insignificance, I know that, like the grain of sand belonging

> to the beach, I too am part of Guruvayur.

>

> It seems these thoughts have taken hold of my mind and in my inner eye I am

> again walking around the temple. My feet feel the smoothness of the stones,

> the perfection of their angles, and how they have been cut to turn the

> corners. For a moment I glance at the small, incised double square marking

> the spot where Adi Sankaracharya landed from his celestial chariot. And so

> it is that in just a few moments I have made a whole round and am struggling

> past the

> flag-mast, jostling and straining to catch the sustaining flicker of the

> sanctum's lamps. Then, once more, I am making another round.

>

> Only now does the thought strike me that every round is the same, every step

> a retracing of the previous round and that every time I am brought back to

> the same spot. And it is there, by the flag-mast that I experience the same

> yearning, a longing for even the briefest confirmation of the sanctum's

> divine inhabitant. And yet, for all this awareness I also know that no two

> rounds are ever the same. The starting point that one is brought back to is

> always different, the way ahead always changing. It is like the sea, always

> in motion, always following the dictates of the tides, the waves endlessly

> moving towards and away from the beach. Always the same and always

> different.

>

> Guruvayur is not a large and sprawling complex and yet it is extraordinary

> how it's clearly defined space has so many moods and seasons. In a single

> round it can change, the crowds of one round inexplicably evaporating on the

> next one. The jostling before the flag-mast there and gone the next. The

> rolling bodies of those doing sayana-pradakshinam blocking the

> pradakshina-vazhi on one round and not to be seen on the next one.

>

> As I pause and consider these thoughts I understand how often everything

> changes. I see how the pre-dawn darkness lifts and the sun rises and pours

> it's light down into the temple and then relentlessly, again like the sea,

> effortlessly and endlessly bringing change to that which is unchanging. I

> watch with my inner-eye, seeing how as the day begins sunlight fills the

> temple and how it later begins to fade away as the day ends. I see the

> temple filling up with devotees and suddenly being cleared for seeveli. I

> see elephants and musicians accompanying the Lord around His temple.

> And it is as seeveli occupies my mind that I now look at the procession more

> carefully. I watch the elephant taking the Lord around His universe, I

> notice the lips of the priest whispering ancient manthras and observe the

> ribbon of devotees following behind, unfolding endlessly as their numbers

> swell. And I join them, walking behind the elephant, stunned as always by

> the sense of connection I feel. The tiniest grain of sand, the most

> insignificant of devotees yet counting my blessings.

>

> The day moves on, evening falls and the temple dances into a different

> light, emotions welling as all hearts soar during deepardhana, a rite

> showing us the Lord and confirming the power of fire of light even as the

> world slips into night's darkness. The sun has made its passage around both

> the world and the world that is the temple; devotees have unconsciously

> echoed it's journey and soon the day has slipped away.

>

> I now move invisibly through the day's concluding rituals, seeing once more

> how the thousands of oil lamps around the temple spring magically alight as

> eager devotees grab gratefully at the chance of lighting them. And I recall

> the personal blessings I have experienced when it has been my privilege to

> do the same and how the concentration of touching the flickering flame to

> the small thiri intensifies the mind and reduces one's whole world to

> lighting one tiny lamp for the Lord. I watch the Vilakku, the slow majesty

> of the five elephants moving in a glow of light, of flaming pandams. I hear

> the plaintive nadaswaram and wonder how each night it can be the same and

> yet every single night stir the spirit as if for the first time. And so,

> almost timidly I come to what has powered the hearts of all those who visit

> the temple, nervously taking my thoughts into the line for darshan, wonder

> how I can express myself. I feel myself standing in line, soaked in hot,

> held in the proximity of those around me. And, as always I am almost

> blissfully unaware of their presence, alone and focused in anticipation,

> waiting for the moment when, at last, there is a surge forward and I am

> carried down toward the Lord.

> Suddenly my mind and body are funneling along the dim passage and then I am

> finally before the sanctum. Hardly a glimpse, no more than an impression of

> brief images, my eyes greedily alighting on the Lord, on the dark stone, the

> garlands and jewels, the sea of flickering lamps.

> And it is as these images are being stored in my mind's eye that the spirit

> within goes still, the briefest of moments seeming to stretch for all

> eternity as, unconsciously. I absorb, drinking like a thirsty man at an

> oasis. Then everyday reality returns and the moment is over and as I move

> away I gratefully count my blessings.

>

> > ... copyright - Bhaktapriya "

> Unquote.

> Pardon me for this lengthy mail and hope this will help some one to walk

> around the temple mentally when the desire arise to do it by reading this.

> Om Namo Narayanaya

> Chandrasekharan Menon

>

>

>

>

>

> Savitri Puram <savitriopuram

> guruvayur

> Friday, April 25, 2008 4:59:21 AM

> Re: [Guruvayur] The Attractor factor (was ARTICLE ... PLS..)

>

>

>

>

> Dear Krishnapriya,

>

> That is excellent. Addressing Him as Mamahrudayavaasin is the best. He is in

> you and cannot be nearer than that. Thanks for sharing the more powerful

> version of it. See how satsangam helps us to think of Him more? Since I read

> your mail, I feel like rewriting my version with yours. I never thought

> about this or had chance to read about this. Thanks Krishnapriya for the

> wonderful addendum.

>

> I do try to open my Hridayakamalam in the morning and do Guruvayurappan's

> prathishtha there. Also since I was fortunate to do 36 days of Bhajan in

> Guruvayur in the last 2 years, I feel I know every nook and corner of

> Guruvayur temple. So every morning while saying two Guruvayurappa

> suprabhahthams I imagine that I stand in the queue, walk slowly enjoying all

> that happens in the pradakshina patham and then go inside and pray. This I

> do twice. I even imagine waiting near Ayyappa swami for the priests to

> finish taking the payasam from the outer oottupura to inside the naalambalam

> via the southside door. Also I imagine people doing atipradakshinam, shayana

> pradakshinam, kuunikkuruvaaral, an even the dwarapaalakaas shouting at all

> people including me to move forward! Then by the time I finish inside after

> praying Krishna, Ganapathi, Kurooramma, Padmanabha swami, Hanuman, and

> Thaamarakkannan and Bhagavathy (outside) I have finished a lot of prayers.

> Then I do one more time with my second suprabhatham. Then I walk to

> Mammiyoor by chanting all the other suprabhathams and there is Siva,

> Parvathy, Ganapathy, Subramanya swami, Ayyappan and Mahavishnu!. I really

> feel that 10,000 miles distance becomes zero miles when I do this. Of course

> then I go to my house too to do Soundarya Lahari infront of Thirumaandhaam

> kunnilamma. Sankaraacharyar said that Samayaachaaram or dhaharaakaasha pooja

> ( doing worship in your hridayaakaasham) is very satisfying. Even a very

> ordinary person like me feels the happiness after doing this in the morning.

> I explained this because if anybody is missing going to Guruvayoor, they can

> very well adopt this way if it suits them. Krishnapriya, after doing this

> everyday, when you really reach Guruvayoor, you feel that you are seeing him

> in person. I always think whe I am there: Guruvayoorappa, I am going to see

> you in person today because I am here. But I may have to take countless

> janmaas to see him, does not matter, we are advised by great seers to

> consider this as saadhya janmam and continue saadhana with all our sincere

> effort.

>

> Thank you for making me think more abou the relevance of this story of

> draupadi.

>

> Regards and prayers

>

> savitri

>

>

>

> On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 8:48 AM, Krishnapriya <skandapotri@ >

> wrote:

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Dear Savitri ji,

> > I would like to add to the episode which you narrated. Sri Krishna's reply

> to Draupadi was - " I was addressed as Dwaraka vaasin, Gokula vaasin and so

> on. Hence I had to go to those places before I came here. Had you addressed

> me " Mamahridaya Vaasin " (one who dwelt in ones heart), I would have come

> running straight away " .

> > The Lord Himself has said that He was not in Palazhi or Vaikunta. He

> always dwelt in the heart of His bhakthas. That reminds me of the great way

> of starting ones day which once Savitriji suggested (Message 9314) - by

> making our Hridayakamalam bloom and imagining Sri Guruvayurappan as standing

> on it while reciting Dasaka 38 (Sri Krishna Avatharam). Thanks for sharing

> this beautiful way of remembering our Lord the first thing in the morning.

> > With prayers,

> > Krishnapriya

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com> wrote:

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Dear Veenaji,

> >

> > It is interesting to read your mail about the subject. As you said, the

> entire world is a projection of what you feel inside. It is all how you

> react to every situation, But to react positively, we need His blessings.

> Often we forget that and try to solve everything ourselves. Thanks for

> reinforcing this one more time.

> >

> > I am sure you know the subtle details of Druapadi,s story. In case,

> anybody else is benefited, I will briefly state that below. Sri Krishna and

> Rukmini were sitting playing some board game and suddenly Krishna became

> very disturbed. He stopped playing and started walking inside the room very

> stressed. Rukmini was very surprised to see her Krishna disturbed about

> something. He is beyond all worries and concerns and why this? So she asked

> about it. Krishna said, Rukmini, Draupadi is in big crisis. I want to help

> her because she is a devotee of mine. But she is not calling me. Dussasanan

> is disrobing her and she is holding the saree with her hands and focusing on

> her strength to fight against the mighty Dussasana. I cannot go until she

> calls me for help and hand over the responsibilty to me. So I am disturbed.

> He waited and after realizing that she could not do much agaist Dussasana,

> she remembered Krishna and holding the saree with one hand and doing

> namaskaar with the other hand she addressed Him as " Dwarakavasin " ( one who

> resides in Dwaraka) and cried. Krishna was still waiting and finally she did

> Namaskaar with both hands and addressed Him as " Viswatman " ( the soul of the

> whole universe who is present everywhere) and then He immediately left

> Dwaraka to save her. He waited until Draupadi completely surrendered to him

> and had the realization that He was present everywhere and not just in

> Dwaraka, He is omnipresent and Omnipotent. Story goes like this: Draupadi

> asks Krishna: " Krishna, why are you so late to come and help me " ? Krishna

> jokingly says: " Draupadi, you called me Dwarakavasin and I had to come from

> Dwaraka to Hasthinapuram and it took some time. "

> >

> > I am not sure whether this is exactly the way the story is given in

> Bhagavatham. But this explanation is very useful to bring the point to

> light. I do not remember seeing an exact description in Bhagavatham. I have

> to do some more research about that. My mother told this story and I am

> writing this from my memory. Please do correct any mistakes.

> >

> > May Guruvayurappan bless us to surrender to Him unconditionally!

> >

> >

> > Regards and prayers

> >

> > Savitri

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 10:15 PM, Veena A. Nair <veeus18 >

> wrote:

> >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Dear Savitriji,

> > > It is interesting to read about your personal experiences and how you

> were able to change someone's mind/attitude.

> > > It will not be surprising to you that many management experts have used

> similar principles and actually advocate those to bring about tremendous

> changes in one's personal and professional lives.

> > >

> > > I recently browsed through a book written by Joe Vitale; he is the

> author of books titled 'The Key' and 'The attractor factor'. In The Key he

> is providing tips on how to attract the things you want in your life. He

> talks about a Hawaiin therapist Dr. Hew Len who taught him to simply say " I

> love you " to the divine power. Whatever God you believe in, whatever form

> you trust, just think of that power and say " I love you " . Most of us, from

> our past and present circumstances, carry a lot of emotional baggage with us

> - it could be anger, frustration, sadness, resentment etc. Negative emotions

> actually block us from getting what we want. One of the things Vitale

> suggests in his book is to think and mentally chant 'I love you' as often as

> you can to the Divine and be aware of that situation (or person) that is

> difficult or fills one with fear or anxiety.

> > > So why should this have an effect?

> > > Between Dr. Len and Vitale, they believe that just thinking and saying

> these words begins a cleansing process.

> > > " It appears that there is nothing out there. The entire world is a

> projection of what you feel inside. So, if you feel love, you will attract

> love. Because love contains gratitude, you attract more things to be

> grateful for. " (p. 80 - The Key).

> > >

> > > As Eknath Easwaran puts it:

> > > " We can try to remember this always: the same Self that makes us worthy

> of respect and love is present equally in everyone around us. When we base

> our relationships on this unity, showing unwavering respect and

> unconditional love to all, we give them – and ourselves – a sure basis on

> which to stand. Everyone responds to this. It is one of the surest ways I

> know of to make our latent divinity a reality in daily life. " (fall 2007

> issue of Blue Mountain).

> > >

> > > Finally, as Joe Vitale says, if somebody is very skeptical reading all

> this -- why not try it? It can not harm, for sure.

> > >

> > > Warm regards and prayers,

> > > Veena.

> > >

> > > Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com> wrote:

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Dear Jayashreeji,

> > >

> > > I perfectly agree. Only Guruvayurappan can change their mind and

> > > sometimes the only thing " karaneeyam " for us is to pray. Prayer will

> > > make a change.

> > >

> > > I had several experiences like that. I will briefly explain one of my

> > > small experiences. When I came to this country (U.S.A.) 26 years ago,

> > > my exposure to western culture was only through the books. Because of

> > > the financial need, I studied and ventured to work. At my work place

> > > there was white lady by the name Carolyn, who was very mean to me. I

> > > was the only non- white to work there. She gave me so much hardship in

> > > so many ways and I went to work everyday crying like a kindergarten

> > > child going to school with all the anxieties. Because of my nature and

> > > the circumstances, I could not raise my voice or defend myself. I was

> > > not even confident to express myself in English even though my English

> > > was not pathetic. Then everyday I prayed Saraswathi devi and sincerely

> > > begged her to change Carolyn's mind with the slokam

> > > " vellappalunkuniramo tha " Instead of " ennullatthil " I will replace

> > >

> > > " Carolinnullatthil " . Even during working, whenever I got time I

> > > chanted. I am sure I finished more than 1008 times in 10days.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Group website: http://www.guruvayo or.com/

> > > Monthly magazine: www.guruvayoor. com/navaneetham

> > > ________________________________

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it

> now.

> > >

> > >

> > >